Intraining568 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Intraining568 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Intraining568 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Intraining568 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Intraining568 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Intraining568 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Intraining568 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Intraining568 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Intraining568 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Intraining568 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Intraining568 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is the NFPT widely recognized?

This is sort of a three part question so I apologize for It's length!
    I am an aspiring personal trainer and I am seriously considering the NFPT, National Federation of Professional Trainers, as my certification agency of choice. My main question is how recognized is this organization? I have called multiple gyms and other agencies and it seems that while the NFPT is NCCA accredited and recognized by most corporate gyms, many people don't know it by name or think that It's illegitimate. I don't want to get a certification that isn't recognized.
    And that leads into my next question. If I get certified through the NFPT instead of, say, the NASM, will that negatively affect my career in terms of salary, credibility, employability, and professionalism? My goal is to be an independent personal trainer after I have deemed myself ready, after I have worked in a regular gym and gained experience and more knowledge, and so I don't want this to affect my business in any negative manner. From what I've read and who I've talked to I've gathered that your clients don't care too much in the difference betweens certifications, as long as your certified through a reputable organization.
    The final part to my question is if the NFPT isn't the right path for me to take, where should I direct my attention instead and what are some ways to obtain cheap continued education? I obviously will spend a good amount of money on my furthered education through specialty certifications and possibly a college degree, but I don't necessarily want to spend $500-$800 dollars every two years to retain my certification.
    I appreciate your answers and I hope that I can get some unbiased opinions and facts in this area!

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The fact that they are NCCA accredited says more about the NCCA than it does about NFPT.

Regardless, it is irrelevant if they are 'widely recognized'. It only matters that the place you wish to work recognizes them. This isn't a major life investment. You should try to acquire a couple of different certs anyway.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Read the sticky "QUESTION: Which certificates are the best?" That's why it is there.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Figuring out which certifications are the 'best' is like trying to figure out which college is 'the best' or which car is 'the best'. Clearly there are those which are accepted as possessing greater value and/or quality overall but for an individual circumstance, then the decision gets more complicated and less generalized and perhaps less conventional.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.