dlmazurowski will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmazurowski will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmazurowski will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmazurowski will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmazurowski will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmazurowski will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmazurowski will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmazurowski will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmazurowski will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmazurowski will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmazurowski will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Got the job! Do i take it?

Newbie got the job! (First interview at a gym and they handed me the job on the spot!) As I'm new to the personal training world, i'm quite excited that I was offered my first job, however a bit apprehensive about taking it. The location and facility are excellent, but there are a few things that are turning me off. Firstly, this gym requires that I sell supplements, not only that but I have to sell $2,000 dollars worth of packages and supplements in a certain amount of time to keep my job. All I want to do is train, I don't want to be a salesman. I know there are a lot of gyms out there that make their trainers sell supps, but there's also a lot that don't. So...I'm not sure how i feel about that whole aspect.

Reason number 2, the initial pay is ****. during the first few months of my training and getting acclimated to the gym they only pay me minimum wage. It isn't until I begin receiving clients that I'll make more money. With that being said minimum wage isn't enough for me to live off of. Do I tough it out until I get clients or say hell to the no?

Reason number 3. I researched employees experience with this gym and while there were a lot of people who had nice things to say the bad reviews were BAAADDDDD. and i'm talking ruthless. Like so much anger towards this place lol.

I understand no job is going to be perfect and there are pros and cons to every one. So. Do i take the leap of faith and try it out or say absolutely not and try somewhere else?

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Where there is any doubt, there is no doubt.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you do not want to be a supplement saleswoman then you must look for work elsewhere. Do not be flattered that you got the job. They give anyone a job there. There thing is making money off of supplements for which their trainers are the mules. Or look at it this way, they want to sell sex (supplements)...so... they are the pimps (managers)... the trainers are the prostitutes ... and the clients are the johns.... the sweet talking (personal training) butters them up, but the real goal is the return business (selling more supplements/sex)
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We've all gotta start somewhere, and you probably won't land a dream gig right off the bat. But you really have to consider what you want to do while you are gaining that initial experience and starting to build your rep. Only you can answer your question... which it sounds a lot like you are.

I am not interested in sales right now, it's just not my thing. I know that narrows down potential employment opportunities, but I did manage to find a place that hired me just to train. So that was kind of my sticking point...
    2020 Olympia Bound | NPC WPD Nationally Qualified | 2018 Arnold Amateur WPD Top 3 | 2x WPD Pro World Champion (INBA/DFAC)

Meet Lifts: S: 305 | B: 205 | D: 370 * Gym Lifts: S: 380 | B: 275 | D: 415

WEB: proyeo.com | IG: ankhjii_pro_yeo

ISSA: CFT SNS | Westside Barbell Certified

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ProYeo View Post
    We've all gotta start somewhere, and you probably won't land a dream gig right off the bat. But you really have to consider what you want to do while you are gaining that initial experience and starting to build your rep. Only you can answer your question... which it sounds a lot like you are.

I am not interested in sales right now, it's just not my thing. I know that narrows down potential employment opportunities, but I did manage to find a place that hired me just to train. So that was kind of my sticking point...
    As long as they can provide the clients or at least an environment that enables you to sustain a clientele then you should consider yourself fortunate. Sounds like a good gig.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.