joshm22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help a Newbie Out

Hello,
    I'm Josh, I'm turning 16 in a couple days and about to be a Junior in high school. I'm 6'0" and about 200 pounds. I am a swimmer and I feel terrible because everyone on the team is lean and somewhat built while I have some love handles. I'm unhappy with how I look and I want change. I don't have that much muscle or triceps built. I use elastic bands and a heavy fold-able table to lift(pretty sad, I know) but I recently just got a membership at the Y so I can go there to work out. From my research, I know that I'm gonna have to do some serious changes to my diet. Cut the soda, chips, and all that junk. I have to eat more protein and eat more fruits and vegetables. I went to the Y on Friday and tried to "work out". I could tell I was doing a lot of things wrong because I got many stares from the people around the gym. Here's what I did: I spent about 30 minutes on the tread mill, then I went to the weights and grabbed 2 25 lb weights but when I tried to lift them I felt a great pain on my arms so I just switched to 15lb weights. After that, I went to one of these machines(forgot the name), where you slat your back and push down, and that's pretty much it. I don't know what I'm doing and I would like all the help I can get. Thanks

Any beginner workouts you guys would recommend?

gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Start with the big 3 compound lifts, I go over everything in detail in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnyooxygyOo
    Stronglifts 5x5 in progress

NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Start with something with compound movements like he said above. Nothing too intense. eventually move to Strong lifts or a program like that. AND DO NOT change the program one bit.

Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Isaac30001 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Fierce 5 is a good routine for newbies. Other than that, get your macros in (protein, fat, carbs), get plenty of sleep, and do interval sprints to burn fat. Interval sprints are infinitely more effective for fat burning than long periods of moderate intensity cardio. So to start out, sprint for 30 seconds, walk for 30 seconds, and repeat about 6 to 10 times.

Originally Posted by Isaac30001 View Post
    Fierce 5 is a good routine for newbies. Other than that, get your macros in (protein, fat, carbs), get plenty of sleep, and do interval sprints to burn fat. Interval sprints are infinitely more effective for fat burning than long periods of moderate intensity cardio. So to start out, sprint for 30 seconds, walk for 30 seconds, and repeat about 6 to 10 times.
    Alright thanks. I"ll take a look and see if I can find the Fierce 5 workout and start doing the sprints.