karlch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Need help going through my first cutting diet

Hi guys, I'm not new to lifting, and I've learned many things on my own, many of them was the bulking process and the cutting process. Unfortunately, it seems like i got to a point in my cutting process called "plateau" where I am not seeing any progress losing my last inches of fat on my lower stomach and on my obliques (although I am shredded on the stomach). The problem is not here, the problem is that my calories are already as low as I can support. Let's talk numbers :
    I weigh 183 pounds and my height is 6'2.
    My maintenance calories are around 2,500 calories a day. However, I tend to eat around 1,600-1,800 plus I burn around 500 calories on my morning cardio so you do the math. With more research I figured I was retaining water because of high sodium intake. Tried to fix that but there seem to be sodium in everything and its hard to avoid it.
    What I eat :
    -Morning :
    2 large eggs and 4 egg whites
    50 g oatmeal
    -Lunch :
    200 g Turkey
    100 g Broccolli and a bit of carrots
    Barely 50 g of brown rice
    -Dinner :
    200 g Chicken breast
    1 sweet potato
    100 g broccolli
    My dinner is usually my post workout meal thats why it includes carbs.
    Before i go to bed i have 200 g of 0% greek yogurt.
    And a protein shake after workout for sure.
    Protein about 200 g
    Carbs 100 g
    Fats 50g
    I cannot afford a dietician therefore i kindly ask you to point out where im going wrong and what i can fix about it , dont forget the fact that im already in good shape just working the final touchups.
    Thank you

GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000)
    how diligent are you in your counting?
    how long have you stalled?
    and how sure are you about that 500 cals of cardio?

your fat intake is a bit low as far as macros, but that's not causing the stall so if it's not a problem for you don't worry about it.

it sounds like it may either be some unintentional over eating from bad counting, or your stall may only be temporary as you're in that "less fat but more water" period.
    "I've had tits since I was 15 tru story.
    Haven't touched 'em in forever." -moore93

karlch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use a kitchen scale to count and Myfitnesspal to track my calories.
    I have stalled for about a month
    The cardio machine states how many calories im burning.
    I meal prep every week and my quantities are accurate ( i use measuring tools)
    BUT I have a cheat meal every weekend, you think thats it?

GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000)
    assuming your hitting 1800 cals daily with a 2500 cal TDEE, that's a 600 cal deficit.

unless your cheat meal clocks in at 4-5000 calories, it's not going to be negating your deficit for the week, though it will be making an impact on it.

there's some variable in there that's being overlooked, so you'll just have to really keep an eye on things like portions per prep and what not to make sure you're not fudging the deficit.

are you just eyeballing the fat loss or has the scale stalled as well? if you're noticing a leaner look but the scale isn't budging, it can very likely be water retention going up
    "I've had tits since I was 15 tru story.
    Haven't touched 'em in forever." -moore93