Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

SixStringThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SixStringThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SixStringThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SixStringThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SixStringThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SixStringThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SixStringThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SixStringThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SixStringThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SixStringThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SixStringThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit SixStringThing's BodySpace

how much do metal bands make?

from watching all those shows about how much J-Lo and people like that make on VH1 im kinda curious. How much do metal bands make, how well are they living?:

1. Death/Black metal bands like emperor, cannibal corpse etc.
    2. slightly more mainstream dead/black metal bands like cradle of filth and morbid angel (what i mean by mainstream is that they are touring on pretty large tours and they have quite a bit of merchandise at places like hot topic)
    3. more modern rock bands that are well known but not extremely mainstream like Tool or the Deftones
    4. Prog. Rock bands/shredders like Dream Theater & Joe Satriani

BodyPoints: 14
    Pax Romain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Pax Romain's BodySpace

Re: how much do metal bands make?

Originally posted by SixStringThing
    from watching all those shows about how much J-Lo and people like that make on VH1 im kinda curious. How much do metal bands make, how well are they living?:

2. slightly more mainstream dead/black metal bands like cradle of filth and morbid angel (what i mean by mainstream is that they are touring on pretty large tours and they have quite a bit of merchandise at places like hot topic)
    3. more modern rock bands that are well known but not extremely mainstream like Tool or the Deftones
    Death metal bands aren't that rich. Assuming they are successful within their respective community, they make enough to get by. Bands like Tool/Deftones both have multi-platinum albums, play on major tours, and have been around for awhile. Tool has a 50/50 deal with their record label. They are wealthy (maybe a few million) but I wouldn't consider their bank accounts on par with the size of pop stars. Satriani/Petrucci probably make quite a few bucks, again nothing like a real celebrity, but they have endorsement deals with Ibanez and such. Plus Satriani's Surfing with the Alien went platinum way back in '92, and I remember checking and seeing that he had a couple of gold records. You have to remember that they pay: taxes, lawyers, management, accountants, expenses, etc.

z-man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) z-man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) z-man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) z-man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) z-man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) z-man is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A friends husband is in a death metal band, im told their one of the bigger ones in seattle, and i know from their personal finances he doesnt make sh*t, she says when he comes home from tours their lucky to have paid off the tour expenses and have a little left over
    George Castanza "Was that wrong of me? because if anyone would of mentioned that type of behavior was frowned upon here I never would of slept with the cleaning woman on my desk"

I WASNT BORN WITH ENOUGH MIDDLE FINGERS

I take absolutely no responsibility for anything that comes out of my mouth

why do I get blamed for everything I do?

Stats: 5'9", 176 lbs
    BodyPoints: 25677
    AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit AKR's BodySpace
    i wouldn't think they make much, since even the more popular REAL musicians usually have to do an album or two before they break even. it's really backwards-the people that don't even write music and get paid to lip synche and look like sluts get all the money, while the hard working, creative, true musicians get sh*t.

Mooselips is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Jack Shiznit

I used to be in an established metal band and let me tell you...I am not able to rest on my laurels as a result. The label screwed us out of money and barely promoted us at all. We recorded a follow up album and the label went belly up before its release.

BodyPoints: 4609
    NextBestThing has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextBestThing has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextBestThing has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextBestThing has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextBestThing has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextBestThing has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextBestThing has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextBestThing has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextBestThing has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextBestThing has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NextBestThing has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit NextBestThing's BodySpace
    Wonder how rich the members of Iron Maiden are... I mean theyve been around for 25 years.
    So close to 10k, green is my favorite color nom saiyan?

CheekyKunt Crew
    92Brah

midian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) midian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) midian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) midian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) midian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) midian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) midian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) midian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) midian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) midian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) midian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    satriani got his own line of guitars with ibanez he doesn't count

it's way more then people expect, a guy who goes to a local bar makes somewhere between 500-1000$ in one night (depending on experience) those groups got albums, a way better name, merchandise so they could make up to 10x more then that, even the cheapest most unknown band you see if headbanging it's way on stage with a gibson les paul, and driving in a tour bus that cost more then to rent then a appartment does

so i would say death/black well dimmu borgir and the likes of those would make more then we ever will, if you can get a record deal you will probebly be making more then the you will ever will in real life, but i can't put a price on it, but the bastard owns 6 jackson guitars

cradle of filth: i would say your living the rich live when your in a band like that, the merchandise alone, they get money to pay clips if it wasn't a major income for the record company they wouldn't be sponsering clips i would say they go above 1 000 000 $ easely

nu metal bands, don't you get an idea when you watch cribs ??

dream theater is pretty famous, so i satriani i think he get paid slightly less then the modern bands (believe it or not)

Stats: 6'0", 230 lbs
    BodyPoints: 6801
    sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit sawastea's BodySpace
    well, in perspective, if they sell CD's, the band/solo artist will make about a buck seventy per CD
    I am Adam, Prince of Eternia, defender of the secrets of Castle Greyskull. This is Cringer, my fearless friend. Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said: "By the power of Greyskull, I have the power!" Cringer became the mighty Battle Cat, and I became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure

MIXSPEL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MIXSPEL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MIXSPEL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MIXSPEL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MIXSPEL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MIXSPEL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MIXSPEL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MIXSPEL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MIXSPEL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MIXSPEL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MIXSPEL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit MIXSPEL's BodySpace
    metallica make a lot i think
    good bans also
    Simply the Best :)
    Rules were made2be broken, human body/mind were made to push them over the limits !

!! You can't see me !! killerkiss1978's Avatar
    BodyPoints: 96
    killerkiss1978 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) killerkiss1978 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) killerkiss1978 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) killerkiss1978 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) killerkiss1978 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) killerkiss1978 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) killerkiss1978 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) killerkiss1978 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) killerkiss1978 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) killerkiss1978 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) killerkiss1978 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit killerkiss1978's BodySpace
    Originally posted by MIXSPEL
    good bans also

My cat's breathe smells like cat food.

BodyPoints: 335
    2Skinny has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) 2Skinny has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) 2Skinny has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) 2Skinny has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) 2Skinny has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) 2Skinny has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) 2Skinny has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) 2Skinny has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) 2Skinny has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) 2Skinny has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) 2Skinny has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit 2Skinny's BodySpace
    Originally posted by killerkiss1978
    My cat's breathe smells like cat food.
    hahaha what? I dont get it?

KoRn makes a good buck I know that.
    KoRn
    -----
    August 24, 2004 R.I.P Kevin, my brother from another mother.
    December 19, 2006 R.I.P Grandpa. The best man i've ever known.

Originally posted by midian
    satriani got his own line of guitars with ibanez he doesn't count

it's way more then people expect, a guy who goes to a local bar makes somewhere between 500-1000$ in one night (depending on experience) those groups got albums, a way better name, merchandise so they could make up to 10x more then that, even the cheapest most unknown band you see if headbanging it's way on stage with a gibson les paul, and driving in a tour bus that cost more then to rent then a appartment does

so i would say death/black well dimmu borgir and the likes of those would make more then we ever will, if you can get a record deal you will probebly be making more then the you will ever will in real life, but i can't put a price on it, but the bastard owns 6 jackson guitars

cradle of filth: i would say your living the rich live when your in a band like that, the merchandise alone, they get money to pay clips if it wasn't a major income for the record company they wouldn't be sponsering clips i would say they go above 1 000 000 $ easely

nu metal bands, don't you get an idea when you watch cribs ??

dream theater is pretty famous, so i satriani i think he get paid slightly less then the modern bands (believe it or not)
    Dude, Cradle of Fith are not millionaires. No death metal bands are. Not even counting in merchandise, they only get a small portion of the income and to be honest, there is not an abundance of people with CoF shirts. If there was, they'd atleast have a gold record. Even that MTV documentary on mainstream rappers showed how a lot of them didn't make that much money at all except for the superstar ones. How much do you think a death metal band would make?

BodyPoints: 1281
    Tim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tim has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Tim's BodySpace
    They do not make a lot. A lot of the lesser known death metal bands, like Wasteform, Malignancy, Mortal Decay, Entorturement, and even Vehemence, are pretty much broke. Most guys in all death metal bands have jobs in addition to their bands. Even Mikael Ackerfeldt of Opeth works in a CD store! It's pretty sad that such a talented musician needs to work in a CD store to supplement his income, when countless recording artists with far less talent make millions and get filthy rich (I'm not gonna name any names).
    But the solace lay beyond the darkness
    In a land where light and life dwell
    Yet soon will come death and the numbing fires
    Only then will my mind lie to rest

For I am alone on this world
    Enslaved and surrounded by the living dead
    Yet still I stand tall as I bleed
    Deep from within the cuts upon my skin

BodyPoints: 20
    Woden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Woden's BodySpace
    Originally posted by 2Skinny

KoRn makes a good buck I know that.
    He asked about metal bands.

Silverwing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Silverwing's BodySpace

Re: how much do metal bands make?

Originally posted by SixStringThing

You can be sure that it is not much. I play in an Melodic death metal band and I can tell you that if you get as much payed as you put in to it you can be happy.

B.T.W.: Cannibal corpse makes more money than Morbid angel!!!

You make money by doing concerts and not by selling cd's and Cannibal corpse perform much more often than Morbid Angel

Originally posted by MIXSPEL
    good bans also
    Dude, Metallica is the #5 top-selling artist in history. They've sold something like 90 million records and did extensive sold-out stadium/arena tours for years. And Jesus, just think about all the merchandise...