AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation Its ok to take Protein Powder with water before and after each workout right?

40 grams of protein with 500ml of water before and after a workout....what should I change about this

NJVR6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sounds ok to me

Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're good to go.

Message Board King holyshinto63's Avatar
    holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    take the 40 grams after the workout, make sure its whey protein though. Make sure that is the only time (and i guess you could take it in the morning) you take the powdered protein, get it from real foods during the day. Also, how much do you weigh? take that and multiply it by 1-1.5 and thats how many grams you should be taking a day (your bodyweight in pounds).
    and what exactly is a dream, and what exactly is a joke?

AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks!

iron-monkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sounds ok.. except half a litre right before a workout might be a bit much to drink in one go.. but its up to you...

Originally posted by holyshinto63
    take the 40 grams after the workout, make sure its whey protein though. Make sure that is the only time (and i guess you could take it in the morning) you take the powdered protein, get it from real foods during the day. Also, how much do you weigh? take that and multiply it by 1-1.5 and thats how many grams you should be taking a day (your bodyweight in pounds).
    I weight 120 pounds.....so your saying I should NOT take it before the workout? and why not?

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    its not that you SHOULD NOT........its just that its sorta a waste. There are better things you can take before a work out like simple carb drinks and drinks high in dextrose. You'll use that energy up so it won't be stored as fat.

I not only take protein in with real food but I have a whey shake when I wake up a whey shake after I work out and cassien/whey before I go to sleep........speaking of cassien let me go make my shake now I'm going to sleep............
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nope, not OK.

Protein explodes when poured into water. Watch out.

Ok I'm being sarcastic, but you should add some simple carbs to that mix.

Could i just eat something with carbs in it...like an apple or cereal

bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    something like cereal wouldn't be good cuz they're mostly low GI. energy gets released slowly, this should be eaten, if at all, 1.5-2 hours before. just before, you want simple carbs for faster absorption to fuel your workouts..
    "There's gotta be some kind of limit on how many times they can keep making money off of these boy bands..."
    Fred Durst

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Most cereals are actually quite high on the glycemic index.

omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ye its ok in fact its better than with milk coz youll absorb it faster
    also you may want to make your workout 30-45 mins after a meal(i have mine after lunch) that way youre getting pro,carbs without wasting a shake and its proabably better too
    Every day you get better or worse, which one did you do today? -unknown

WARNING: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything your supposed to read? Do you think everything your supposed to think? Buy what your told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masterbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove your alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned......