Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000)

[Serious] Let's talk about how kids are literally BRED for Med School.

Misc, we all know how doctors make great pay and lead very fruitful lifestyles once their residency/specialization is over.

But let's talk BEFORE that.

Med Schools are now more difficult to get into than ever before.

- You need job shadowing (60-100hrs)
    - you need volunteering at a medical facility (150+ hours)
    - very recommended you do research (basically a necessity) or work related to the med field (Scribe etc)
    - you need a high gpa
    - you need a high MCAT (requires a lot of studying)
    - you need to be a leader in at least one extracurricular.

Luckily, as an indian brah, i have been blessed to have parents who have guided me and have looked out for me
    on a lot of these topics. I still had to work for what I have, but the process for me has been more streamlined.

Most of the medical students are JUST like me.

Do you guys understand how the odds of not making it are SO HIGH for a "self-motivated" kid wanting to be a doctor without any guidance or nudge towards the field?

This is insane. We shouldn't compromise standards for med schools because the doctors need to be extremely intelligent, but it's pretty obvious how med students (who are young) are essentially bred to be doctors.

HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HoustonMiscer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are the son my parents wish I was
    Houston Sign Stealers
    DEMECO RYANS HC CREW
    Ugly Ass Mf Crew
    Manlet Crew
    Texas Crew
    just be yourself
    just have confidence

XOTWOD CREW

BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are wrong Mr. Curry. I was constantly pushed by my teachers/parents/family since I was in middle school to pursue medicine. I declined because it's not something that interests me one bit, I couldn't care less about being a Doctor and saving lives. To be in the medical field you truly have to love it, you will fail and be miserable if you don't.

F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not Indian but I'm the only child of two physician parents. Yeah we're raised to do it. I was.

There was an Economist cover story about 6 months ago that touches on elements of this. Basically, well-educated parents create rich environments for their children and prioritize education, which leads to smarter, more qualified kids who have an edge over children who came from other backgrounds. It's not fair, but rich kids are often more qualified than poor kids, and today's education system is making the current class structure permanent.

http://www.economist.com/news/briefi...alth-and-power
    Misc Med Crew

corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000) corvade is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HoustonMiscer View Post
    You are the son my parents wish I was
    If you are not a troll, I may have a shredded avi and I talk about med school, but my life is far from perfect bruv. I may be appearing in a better light than i am.

But if you are not a troll, you will be fine, friend. The indian community takes care of each other pretty well, although it can be toxic, you won't be hungry. You for sure can control lifting and chit tho. Chin up.

Originally Posted by F23 View Post
    I'm not Indian but I'm the only child of two physician parents. Yeah we're raised to do it. I was.

There was an Economist cover story about 6 months ago that touches on elements of this. Basically, well-educated parents create rich environments for their children and prioritize education, which leads to smarter, more qualified kids who have an edge over children who came from other backgrounds.

exactly, man. now that the requirements are so high, kids are having to specialize at a much younger age.

It's almost impossible for a self realized teenager to come to college and all of a sudden decide he wants to be a doctor. He may have intrinsic passion, but the few thousand dollars for the MCAT coaching, the guidance and pressure towards maintaining a high GPA, and enrolling in extracurriculars is hardly intuitive for a uninformed teenager.

It's sad but such is the way of life.

It cannot be changed.

This is just like how athletes are now forced to specialize. You won't be a sprinter without the ACTN3 gene. You will not be a high jumper unless you're 6'3+.

Originally Posted by BorrachoDamor View Post
    You are wrong Mr. Curry. I was constantly pushed by my teachers/parents/family since I was in middle school to pursue medicine. I declined because it's not something that interests me one bit, I couldn't care less about being a Doctor and saving lives. To be in the medical field you truly have to love it, you will fail and be miserable if you don't.
    Thx bruv curry is actually dope. I eat american food since I cook on my own, and I definitely do miss my mama's cooking.

Yes you may have been pushed when you were young, but without some one else giving you the idea to go to med school on your own and preparing for it properly, the odds are so stacked against you.

recedingjaw is a name known to all. (+5000) recedingjaw is a name known to all. (+5000) recedingjaw is a name known to all. (+5000) recedingjaw is a name known to all. (+5000) recedingjaw is a name known to all. (+5000) recedingjaw is a name known to all. (+5000) recedingjaw is a name known to all. (+5000) recedingjaw is a name known to all. (+5000) recedingjaw is a name known to all. (+5000) recedingjaw is a name known to all. (+5000) recedingjaw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It requires high IQ. Ive seen parents push their kids so hard or even the kids really want it but end up failing orgo or doing chit on the MCAT.

Once you actually become an M.D it's great.. But the path is unbelievably hard. And then you have to be good, you're not even done yet. One bad move and your reptuation is tarnished.

bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bbsitum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    But Op you do not have USA citizenship. When you go back home to India?

F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) F23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by corvade View Post
    exactly, man. now that the requirements are so high, kids are having to specialize at a much younger age.
    I didn't actually go full pre-med until my junior year of college, but I had been keeping good grades and had lots of extracurriculars along the way.

Honestly, kids should try to keep an open mind as to what they want to go into. I got a good education in the arts and economics in addition to the sciences during college. A lot of med students never get this and are basically drones as med students/residents/ and as physicians. I mean for example, very few residents I've met truly understand statistics, finance, or economics. They just trust putting all their money under the control of a financial advisor. Now I'm not saying that you have to know money... but kids should at least be raised to be multidimensional people.
    Misc Med Crew

Hawaiian shirt hoarder FAPhaggot's Avatar
    FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FAPhaggot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Misc, we all know how doctors make great pay and lead very fruitful lifestyles once their residency/specialization is over.

But let's talk BEFORE that.

Med Schools are now more difficult to get into than ever before.

- You need job shadowing (60-100hrs)
    - you need volunteering at a medical facility (150+ hours)
    - very recommended you do research (basically a necessity) or work related to the med field (Scribe etc)
    - you need a high gpa
    - you need a high MCAT (requires a lot of studying)
    - you need to be a leader in at least one extracurricular.

Luckily, as an indian brah, i have been blessed to have parents who have guided me and have looked out for me
    on a lot of these topics. I still had to work for what I have, but the process for me has been more streamlined.

Most of the medical students are JUST like me.

Do you guys understand how the odds of not making it are SO HIGH for a "self-motivated" kid wanting to be a doctor without any guidance or nudge towards the field?

This is insane. We shouldn't compromise standards for med schools because the doctors need to be extremely intelligent, but it's pretty obvious how med students (who are young) are essentially bred to be doctors.
    And what kid couldn't figure this chit out with two hours on Google?

Srs dude. It's not breeding, it's pretty basic knowledge. I knew nearly all of this as an engineering major who never thought twice about going into medicine. I just went to high school (that was 78% free or reduced lunch), and listened to AP students bitch.

Originally Posted by bbsitum View Post
    But Op you do not have USA citizenship. When you go back home to India?
    uwotm8

Powerlifting Doctor Hardlifter9's Avatar
    Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I did all my own research and got accepted on my first try during senior year (last year). Only took the mcat once.. no summer courses ever.. had a plan in 11th and 12th grade going forward.
    It's a lot of work. I've tried to always be a minimalist if possible. I mean I had to balance that with my high level athletics... But OP going forward I wouldn't have high expectations of a "fruitful lifestyle".
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

Bench Press: 560lbs

Squat: 545lbs
    Deadlift: 600lbs

500 Internal Server Error jujuB's Avatar
    jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i believe what you describe is the med field culture in the US.

what happens in spain? or china?

personally, i have a lot of respect to those who are truly passionate about their field, and are willing to take lengths such as flying to a poverished country to help the needy, for free.
    RIP mainsqueeze530 1991-2013

Originally Posted by FA******* View Post
    And what kid couldn't figure this chit out with two hours on Google?

Srs dude. It's not breeding, it's pretty basic knowledge. I knew nearly all of this stuff as engineering major who never thought twice about going into medicine. I just went to high school (that was 78% free or reduced lunch), and listened to AP students bitch.
    hey man. I am not demeaning you in anyway. But look at how low-yield humans are.

I consider myself to be above avg intelligence, not a genius by anymeans.

And it wasn't until 20 did I start WANTING to shadow or work or something like that. Without these ideas planted into my head, I would be VERY behind if I still wanted to be a doctor.

Kids from smarter parents tend to be *gasp* smarter, and its for a reason. It's due to the environment.

I am not trying to make any one feel guilty or have the requirements lowered. I just want to point something out.

therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Doctors and Lawyers = Modern day Duke and Lordship

Women perk up when you mention youre either for a reason

Originally Posted by Hardlifter9 View Post
    I did all my own research and got accepted on my first try during senior year (last year). Only took the mcat once.. no summer courses ever.. had a plan in 11th and 12th grade going forward.
    It's a lot of work. I've tried to always be a minimalist if possible. I mean I had to balance that with my high level athletics... But OP going forward I wouldn't have high expectations of a "fruitful lifestyle".
    I'm aware of the high stress environment m8. You're correct haha, but I just can't see myself doing anything else tbh

The fact that you had all of this planned at an age you SHOULD have it planned (but most don't) means you definitely had your head in the right place, man. Good on you brotha. If I was in the same position, I'm not sure I could say the same. I truly have been blessed.

Registered User ralphlaurenbrah's Avatar
    ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You greatly overestimate what you need to get into medical school. Maybe at the top tier ones you need insane EC's and research pubs, but at most you just need shadowing, some volunteering serving underprivileged people, and to do well in college and on the MCAT. It's a lot of work but totally doable. You don't have to be "bred" to do it lmao. My parents never forced me to study in HS and I rape every single asian and indian in my classes who all study their asses off like 6+ hours a day. That is my motivation to fcking destroy my classes and be the top in every class because they were total douchebags in HS to me (my HS was 70% Asian and Indian and Indians especially are total kunts when it comes to helping any non-Indian with academics, sorry but it's ****ing true and you probably know it just as well as I do. Asian are similar but not as racist and douchey to non-Asians).

Originally Posted by jujuB View Post
    i believe what you describe is the med field culture in the US.

what happens in spain? or china?

personally, i have a lot of respect to those who are truly passionate about their field, and are willing to take lengths such as flying to a poverished country to help the needy, for free.
    in spain and china, i assume it works the same way as every other country. The competition is higher because there is only one category to compete in: exam scores.

Who ever performs the best in the nationwide/state wide entrance exam gets a spot in the med schools.

Atleast that is how it works in India.

Originally Posted by ralphlaurenbrah View Post
    You greatly overestimate what you need to get into medical school.
    Obviously, when I meant bred I meant being brought up in favorable environment haha. My bad on the wording.

And I do agree with you. Lots of indians and asians are cocky as phuck. Good on ya mater, srsly, for destroying these kunts.

I guess I just wanted to point out that I have been blessed with the right environment and so are many med students. I am not a medstudent btw

therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000) therealistwat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I sometimes wish I had the fortitude to do this, even be specialized. I hated school, never tried, but was jealous those who slept in class and got A's (in truth most of these kids actually put in the work).

My younger sister has all the smarts, 4.0 gifted and honors classes.

Bet it feels good once you never have to stay up and study on adderrall again. I really want to be apart of elite society, having no power sucks. I should have just sucked it up in school fuk my life.

Hope all you MD brahs make it, sincerely.

Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm aware of the high stress environment m8. You're correct haha, but I just can't see myself doing anything else tbh

The fact that you had all of this planned at an age you SHOULD have it planned (but most don't) means you definitely had your head in the right place, man. Good on you brotha. If I was in the same position, I'm not sure I could say the same. I truly have been blessed.
    To be fair I got a big boost on my apps from my EC success (national team member for 2 sports). But yea overall it was all about having a framework plan in place.

You greatly overestimate what you need to get into medical school. Maybe at the top tier ones you need insane EC's and research pubs, but at most you just need shadowing, some volunteering serving underprivileged people, and to do well in college and on the MCAT. It's a lot of work but totally doable. You don't have to be "bred" to do it lmao. My parents never forced me to study in HS and I rape every single asian and indian in my classes who all study their asses off like 6+ hours a day. That is my motivation to fcking destroy my classes and be the top in every class because they were total douchebags in HS to me (my HS was 70% Asian and Indian and Indians especially are total kunts when it comes to helping any non-Indian with academics, sorry but it's ****ing true and you probably know it just as well as I do. Asian are similar but not as racist and douchey to non-Asians).
    Research pubs are common among premeds. It's not about specific xyz things. It's about getting a high gpa along with a high mcat while doing all that volunteering, shadowing, research among many other things. It's impressive for those who do it all in 3-4 years and get in.
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So what's the problem?

This isn't exactly news.

ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ralphlaurenbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey man. I am not demeaning you in anyway. But look at how low-yield humans are.

I consider myself to be above avg intelligence, not a genius by anymeans.

And it wasn't until 20 did I start WANTING to shadow or work or something like that. Without these ideas planted into my head, I would be VERY behind if I still wanted to be a doctor.

Kids from smarter parents tend to be *gasp* smarter, and its for a reason. It's due to the environment.

I am not trying to make any one feel guilty or have the requirements lowered. I just want to point something out.
    Not really true, you are still completely on track if you start soon. And most of these asians and indians are pretty much forced to study medicine by their parents so they end up burning out in med school because most really AREN'T that intelligent, they just have amazing study habits from their parents forcing them to study ridiculous hours a day... and if they need to do to that to succeed in undergrad, once they get to med school they will be studying like 8 hours a day and burn out like **** during or after first or second year.

Originally Posted by therealistwat View Post
    I sometimes wish I had the fortitude to do this, even be specialized. I hated school, never tried, but was jealous those who slept in class and got A's (in truth most of these kids actually put in the work).

Bet it feels good once you never have to stay up and study on adderrall again. I really want to be apart of elite society, having no power sucks. I should have just sucked it up in school fuk my life.

I'm not in med school man, I should have pointed that out. The goal is to one day be in it.

But man, there are TONS of people that go back to school to get into medical school. You can honestly do it with your current attitude if you wanted to.

There is no need to lay down and rot, srs.

If med school doesn't have the same appeal, find your passion and work hard in it dude. You will gain some power that way and you will be fulfilled.

Originally Posted by therealistwat View Post

Meh you're overrating things. Being a doctor CAN be good if you're business minded or if you get into a top notch specialty and really succeed in it.
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

Not really true, you are still completely on track if you start soon. And most of these asians and indians are pretty much forced to study medicine by their parents so they end up burning out in med school because most really AREN'T that intelligent, they just have amazing study habits from their parents forcing them to study ridiculous hours a day... and if they need to do to that to succeed in undergrad, once they get to med school they will be studying like 8 hours a day and burn out like **** during or after first or second year.
    Haha wow, you are actually spot on a lot of these things.

I'm not as "high yield" for the same amount of studying as some of my white peers are, but I do study hard to make the decently good grades I have made. I definitely do advocate studying long-ish hours, but one thing I have learnt recently is that it is necessary to learn how to study smart. It wasn't until I studied with my white friends at uni did I figure this out. It's like playing a game, but what has worked so far for me (and it's actually beginning to fail) is to absolutely study everything.

Repped for insight btw

Obviously, when I meant bred I meant being brought up in favorable environment haha. My bad on the wording.

And I do agree with you. Lots of indians and asians are cocky as phuck. Good on ya mater, srsly, for destroying these kunts.

I guess I just wanted to point out that I have been blessed with the right environment and so are many med students. I am not a medstudent btw
    Yeah I wish my parents pushed me harder academically when I was younger so I could have developed those habits at a young age. I could have gotten into an Ivy for sure, but there truly is no difference except epeen once you get into med school and even after med school an MD is and MD. All of the schools have basically the same curriculum at this point.

Haha wow, you are actually spot on a lot of these things.

I'm not as "high yield" for the same amount of studying as some of my white peers are, but I do study hard to make the decently good grades I have made. I definitely do advocate studying long-ish hours, but one thing I have learnt recently is that it is necessary to learn how to study smart. It wasn't until I studied with my white friends at uni did I figure this out. It's like playing a game, but what has worked so far for me (and it's actually beginning to fail) is to absolutely study everything.

Repped for insight btw
    Coursesaver.com, pay for it. You should pay me just for linking to you that site (srs). The guy is a god at teaching. Also khan academy is decent but coursesaver is fuking god tier if you listen to his lectures and take notes you will **** everyone up.

Originally Posted by Hardlifter9 View Post
    Meh you're overrating things. Being a doctor CAN be good if you're business minded or if you get into a top notch specialty and really succeed in it.
    are you aiming for any particular specialty man?

also what sports did you play in hs? I'm mirin the competitiveness.