cpnyee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

muscle confusion

hey guys,
    I was just wondering if anyone had any good advice for muscle confusion techniques. I am currently trying to gain as much weight as i can over the course of 12 weeks so I am lifting heavy with 6-8 reps. I understand that changing the number of reps overtime is good for muscle confusion, but i think i am trying to avoid switching it up to more reps such as 10-12 reps since I'm trying to pack on weight. I was wondering if besides chaining the amount of reps, what else can i do to confuse my muscles to avoid plateau. I am interested to learn about what works for you guys. thanks.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Muscle confusion is really just hype. I believe some azzhole started the "idea" in an attempt to sell his program, when in fact it has very little basis at all. It was a sales tactic.

Your muscles grow exceptionally well when they are subjected to heavier weights over the course of your training. I would HIGHLY suggest you run a program written by a pro. They already have all this complicated stuff worked out so all you have to do is follow the program.
    Experience, not just theory

cpnyee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do you have any recommendations for a plan from a pro as far as my goals that i stated above?
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Muscle confusion is really just hype. I believe some azzhole started the "idea" in an attempt to sell his program, when in fact it has very little basis at all. It was a sales tactic.

Your muscles grow exceptionally well when they are subjected to heavier weights over the course of your training. I would HIGHLY suggest you run a program written by a pro. They already have all this complicated stuff worked out so all you have to do is follow the program.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cpnyee View Post
    do you have any recommendations for a plan from a pro as far as my goals that i stated above?

NUTRITION

This is the largest factor in your success, learn the basics to get started and then move into more advanced if needed.

BASICS
    Spoiler!

Sources and More Information

TRAINING

Start with a solid beginner routine, these are designed to get the most for you; they are designed by professionals and use progressive overload. Read through them and pick the one you like most, follow it as it is written.

Why You Should Not Make Your Own Routine
    How To Perform Basic Lifts

Routines
    Starting Strength
    BabyLover's Starting Strength
    AllPro's Beginner Routine
    StrongLifts 5x5
    IceCream Fitness 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Coolcicada's Push Pull Legs

Calisthenics routines
    Spoiler!

SUPPLEMENTS

Remember one thing, supplements are only that; they supplement something and are never meant to be replacements. A multivitamin will not replace fruits and vegetables, a fat burner will not replace a caloric deficit, and a meal replacement is not meant to be your only source of calories.

This is a brief run down of the 'basics', for further breakdowns of specific ingredients (like Yohimbe, Forskolin, Glycerol, ect) more research on your part would be needed.

Protein
    Spoiler!

Multi-Vitamins
    Spoiler!

Fish Oil
    Spoiler!

Creatine
    Spoiler!

BCAAs
    Spoiler!

Fat Burners
    Spoiler!

Pre-Workouts
    Spoiler!

Meal Replacements/Mass Gainer
    Spoiler!

CLA
    Spoiler!

Glutamine
    Spoiler!
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by cpnyee View Post
    Any of the programs listed by gbullock are good. The warrior routines written by viking are also good. Read them all and then pick the one that speaks most to you. Attempting to write one that exceeds all of those is a waste of your time.
    Experience, not just theory

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    There is already a VERY recent/current thread on muscle confusion if you're looking for more info. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=171386901
    -