Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nn586 View Post
    Why is it so bad?
    Well, TBQH, my opinion comes from a native's standpoint. However, I've traveled quite a bit, have experienced many things and I ALWAYS hate coming back home to LA. Something about just entering the airspace fkn irks the sht outta me (srs). I'm just tired of the way people carry themselves here. I'd rather go live in a place where the locals are characteristically warmer than the people in Los Angeles.
    *Brazilian Crew*
    *七転び八起き Crew*
    *Los Angeles Misc Crew*
    "Please remember the waters. Thank you"

Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000) Peace Get Busy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dhawkeye1980 View Post
    LA isnt that bad for a single dude, just dont live downtown, look at the valley/santa clarita/IE area, yea itll be a longer drive but apts are a lot cheaper
    You don't have to go out that far to pay cheaper rent. Besides, the valley is a cesspool. Nothing but tards and autists live in these regions.
    Last edited by Peace Get Busy; 05-11-2016 at 03:49 PM. Reason: sorry for doublepost
    *Brazilian Crew*
    *七転び八起き Crew*
    *Los Angeles Misc Crew*

nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KingSWRV View Post
    Well the whole myth of nepotism is kind of hyperbole.

What it comes down to is your ability to audition. To understand what the product is, what your role is, and how to execute.

Pretty much it all comes down to your ability to act. Something only a few hundred people on earth know how to do on a high level. Some people spend their whole lives trying to learn what acting feels like in the first person.

So it comes down to knowing how to act when someone is pointing a camera at you (one of the hardest skills to learn on earth next being an astronaut or brain surgeon)

Thats why theres only a few dozen leading men in the same major projects every year. Hardly anyone can even do it, forget nepotism.

It takes an insane amount of energy, self awareness, and ability to execute. You are like a superstar athlete, navigating through scenes and at the same time a psychology master. While at the same time being childlike and true.

So it really comes down to "being a person in a place"

Only 1 in a million people can do that when a camera is pointing at them and only with years of acting experience.

If a civilian tried to read some lines from a scene randomly with a camera pointed at them it would be a cringeworthy experience. Most people are not considered "watchable" and most people have no idea that this phenomenon exists. They think the only think keeping them back is their look.

Even people who are considered ugly on TV would be considered a watchable character in real life who would be very captivating just IRL

In other words being ugly and attractive is different than being "watchable" and "unwatchable"

Being watchable takes years of hard work and training to what essentially adds up to undoing all the things that society taught you to be guarded about since you were a child.

To become a person in a place is akin to having a childlike honesty about your very sentience.

Killing my dreams one post at a time.

Registered User RobotDeathSquad's Avatar
    RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SLapCHop View Post
    go move somewhere nicer and work as engineer..... - chances are you'll live a comfortable, modest lifestyle.

This. Go live in a nice coastal city with a nice house/condo in a happening place. Some unmarried misers have really nice condos in a happening city (seattle/toronto/pittsburgh/etc) and pull sloots and just live freely.

All you need to be happy:

Nice kitchen with good food and learn some cooking skills
    Nice home gym
    Nice home office
    VR gaming setup (oculus rift or the Vive)
    Some sloots on call, a rotation of sloots.
    And a puppy
    HORSE COCK CREW
    CLEAN EATERS CREW
    CANT BUST FROM BJ CREW

I rep back all Jews, Reptilians, and Illuminati members.

ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

Premium Gold Member strengthgained's Avatar
    strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's your portfolio look like? Know a guy who moved to LA and went from amateur Instagram
    Model to traveling from city to city doing shoots, after being found in LA

One girl, a singer, moved away from home at 16, legally and lives by herself in LA now as a singer after being discovered.
    I admit all my threads suck :(

Supplements Suck

RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RobotDeathSquad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

What it comes down to is your ability to audition. To understand what the product is, what your role is, and how to execute.

Pretty much it all comes down to your ability to act. Something only a few hundred people on earth know how to do on a high level. Some people spend their whole lives trying to learn what acting feels like in the first person.

So it comes down to knowing how to act when someone is pointing a camera at you (one of the hardest skills to learn on earth next being an astronaut or brain surgeon)

Thats why theres only a few dozen leading men in the same major projects every year. Hardly anyone can even do it, forget nepotism.

It takes an insane amount of energy, self awareness, and ability to execute. You are like a superstar athlete, navigating through scenes and at the same time a psychology master. While at the same time being childlike and true.

Only 1 in a million people can do that when a camera is pointing at them and only with years of acting experience.

If a civilian tried to read some lines from a scene randomly with a camera pointed at them it would be a cringeworthy experience. Most people are not considered "watchable" and most people have no idea that this phenomenon exists. They think the only think keeping them back is their look.

Even people who are considered ugly on TV would be considered a watchable character in real life who would be very captivating just IRL

In other words being ugly and attractive is different than being "watchable" and "unwatchable"

Being watchable takes years of hard work and training to what essentially adds up to undoing all the things that society taught you to be guarded about since you were a child.

To become a person in a place is akin to having a childlike honesty about your very sentience.
    Thats really interesting. Repped.
    HORSE COCK CREW
    CLEAN EATERS CREW
    CANT BUST FROM BJ CREW

ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by strengthgained View Post
    What's your portfolio look like? Know a guy who moved to LA and went from amateur Instagram
    Model to traveling from city to city doing shoots, after being found in LA

One girl, a singer, moved away from home at 16, legally and lives by herself in LA now as a singer after being discovered.
    My portfolio consists of whatever pics I have on ********/Instagram + a video of me impersonating different wrestlers when i was a kid that my mom video recorded. That's about it brah.

Originally Posted by Ozzie76 View Post
    Becoming a Twitch Streamer is Realistic

Becoming a Actor isn't realistic if you don't have Talent or 10/10 Looks.

So what you need is 10/10 Looks for a chance.
    *Brazilian Crew*
    *七転び八起き Crew*
    *Los Angeles Misc Crew*

Some miscers need to get together and make their own film. Make a comedy for the youtube lulz and views. If it's actually good and funny, could make their own show and series on youtube possibly get bigger and a big following.
    HORSE COCK CREW
    CLEAN EATERS CREW
    CANT BUST FROM BJ CREW

ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

Originally Posted by Peace Get Busy View Post
    Lmao. Jonah Hill is hilarious he's cool in my book

Premium Gold Member strengthgained's Avatar
    strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My portfolio consists of whatever pics I have on ********/Instagram + a video of me impersonating different wrestlers when i was a kid that my mom video recorded. That's about it brah.
    So why would any agency pick you over a kid who's been acting since he was 5, in commercials, plays, shows and movies?
    I admit all my threads suck :(

Supplements Suck

Originally Posted by RobotDeathSquad View Post
    Some miscers need to get together and make their own film. Make a comedy for the youtube lulz and views. If it's actually good and funny, could make their own show and series on youtube possibly get bigger and a big following.
    yeah.. it's definitely a good thing to have dreams.
    *Brazilian Crew*
    *七転び八起き Crew*
    *Los Angeles Misc Crew*

Originally Posted by strengthgained View Post
    So why would any agency pick you over a kid who's been acting since he was 5, in commercials, plays, shows and movies?
    Cause I'm probably cooler than him

Been told by many girls to that I should act cause I look like one srs

OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just turned 26 and realize that I will have to move there if I want to become an actor. Thing is I cannot afford to live in LA.. Maybe I'm just making excuses.. I mean I have a degree and I could get a job there somewhere in engineering but dat cost of living/pipe dream goals.
    1. Get the hell out of detroit.
    2. The reality is with acting going into it with the sole dream of becoming famous/rich for most people isn't the right mindset, and it'll burn you out FAST. You NEED to have a passion for acting.
    3. I HIGHLY doubt that an engineering job will allow you the flexibility to leave at the drop of a pin to attend an audition callback. Think about that.
    4. Twitch streaming / Youtubing is tight, but don't just up and quit your day job to start it. I hope to start motovlogging this year in Novemberish but I'm not gonna quit my job to do it.
    5. It's a killing market, but freelance web development would be the way to go for this. Upwards mobility of income & flexibility, aside from owning your own business. However LA is no doubt competitive as fuk.

Also, DEFINITELY start getting your hands wet with acting before moving out to get to know your direction, if you want to do it, etc.

I'm starting to take acting lessons this summer after being in a student film this past semester. Gonna do that and after I graduate it's off to LA for PR/Coding Job and Acting (srs).

Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    Why not get an engineering job in la while trying to become an actor?
    This is not feasible unless he owns his own business. Unless engineers have extreme time flexibility with jobs.

Originally Posted by BigRangs View Post
    You are almost all but guaranteed to fail to get rich as an actor. Not trying to discourage you, just statistically speaking.
    Usually I consider you troll level but your advice is VERY legit itt.

Because you believe you might make it. You gotta be realistic. Only become an actor if its the only thing you feel like you want to do in life and you cant breathe doing anything else.

You gotta sacrifice and be prepared that its all for nothing.

Only then will you be ready, when you are ready to fail.

Im in the Screen Actors Guild bro, I know how it is. Ive been in the game.

Do you have something, as an artist, that you want to say to the world? What product do you bring to the industry?

Its a privilege not a job, they don't need you, nobody does. What is so vital about you, your look, you acting skill set that separates you from the MILLIONS who try to become actors every year and fail??? What makes you think you will win the lottery?

What exactly do you think you have to offer or makes you special?
    This. Also, miring SAG membership. Wanna get me into a SAG production so I can apply to be a member?

But this advice is solid. The main takeaway is that you NEED to be passionate about acting itself and not in it for the money/fame. Going into it for that reason is probably the worst reason to do it unless you are a God.

Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Trying to become a male model is easier than becoming a female model. There's also a shortage of male actors so it's not that dire of a situation. This is what I've heard in person from a very reputable casting director.

Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not gonna be a pessimistic ******* like some people are on here and encourage you to do what ever floats your boat OP.

That said, you have to be realistic.

Every year, thousands of kids from all around the world go to LA to "start over". From the prestigious theatre school grad with years of experience to the instragram bimbo who thinks she can act because she has dozens on betas kissing her ass on the regular. You will face very harsh competition for the chittiest, most degrading jobs you will find in this business.

For these on-set jobs where you could get an idea of how acting and filming works, 1 gig will have a solid 300-400 people applying for it within 48 hours of it being posted online. Those pay garbage wages, you get constantly yelled at by actors and technical staff, you have to cope with big egos, sociopathic fuks who will put you in their crosshair and try to ruin your career for fun just because you brought them a latte with too much milk. These people are at the bottom of the food chain and work 80 hours a week on average. But still, you got massive competition just because you are "in" the environment and it's the perfect place to network and get contacts, since these big egos and sociopaths can also prove to be strong allies if you suck it up and don't disappoint them.

Now here's acting: The chittiest role in the chittest show ran by the most low-budget company will have thousands of people applying for it. I went to LA many times, and everywhere you go, from starbucks to random restaurants, it's always the same thing: The folks you meet are either "actors" or "trying to break into the industry". Since the profession name is vague, every ******* who big aspirations can claim he's an actor regardless of his looks and talent, and that translates into lots of random bastards showing up at auditions.

Not only you got these social media kids wanting be actors, but you also got to compete against dudes who are proving themselves on the internet. You will meet tons of people who claim to be actors but their only acting experience comes from internet shows. For example, The Online Gamer has tons of wannabe actors wanting to break into the industry, and after 6-7 years of acting, only 2 of them got 1-2 decent roles in big shows while the others who were part of the cast switched careers. One is living in some LA suburb doing wood work lol. So these people apply to basically every role they can and they got more relevant experience than you.

There's also the proven material, the kids who did acting since the age of 6-7, went through threatre school, won multiple awards, have tons of acting experience and these kids always end up applying everywhere. Even them are working chit jobs, being waiters at restaurants because the competition for jobs is just too much.

If you are ready to deal with all of the people mentionned above, from psychopaths working on set to very good and experienced actors wanting the same gig as you, then you can go. But you have to know that to do well in this business, you need a combination of skill (from acting skills to selling yourself properly) and solid networking skills (most people who do make it big, had solid connections).

Don't get fooled thinking some people who arrive in LA get gigs immediately while others wait years for their chance, it only means the dude who got the gig has spent the last 7 months networking his way to that gig.
    Last edited by Brazzah; 05-11-2016 at 07:14 PM.
    Lurker for 2 years before registering crew
    Gives tutoring classes in college just to meet sloots crew
    No respect for Wks crew
    Crypto bros crew

knownas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knownas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knownas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knownas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knownas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knownas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knownas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knownas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knownas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knownas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) knownas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Some of this is true, but a lot of it is conceited garbage. Only a few people can act? It's akin to being a brain surgeon or an astronaut? There are a lot of great actors mate, just not all of them are famous. I can tell you're an actor who thinks highly of themselves based off of this ludicrous post.

FO0L is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FO0L is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FO0L is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FO0L is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FO0L is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FO0L is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FO0L is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FO0L is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FO0L is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FO0L is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FO0L is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MrGreenTea View Post
    Do you want to be an actor? Or do you want to be famous and rich? Answer honestly.

This.

If you want to be an ACTOR, you move to NYC and act in the theater with all the gay dudes.

If you want to be a MOVIE STAR you move to LA and sit in traffic everyday going to auditions where you will sit around even longer making small talk with endless cringeworthy tryhards, before finally getting your 90 second turn in front of a casting director to audition for a non-speaking line in a toothpaste commercial airing for the next six weeks on Bravo. Out of all these continuous auditions you will get one or two small roles per year that you think are "just the beginning" but in fact they are the beginning, middle, and end. Good luck.

Ozzie76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzie76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzie76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzie76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzie76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzie76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzie76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzie76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzie76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzie76 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzie76 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. Become a Model then start Acting Classes

2. Go to LA Movie Agency's

3. Profit?

VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Both. TBH I don't even wanna be famous I just wanna make a loott of money (like everyone else in the world). I think acting would be a fcking awesome job and have always wanted to do it. Growing up in Detroit there's not much opportunity to do that though.
    lmfao

enjoy grinding your way all the way up to an impressive 50k annual salary job requiring you to chase contracts here and there

KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by OneWayFS View Post

This. Also, miring SAG membership. Wanna get me into a SAG production so I can apply to be a member?

But this advice is solid. The main takeaway is that you NEED to be passionate about acting itself and not in it for the money/fame. Going into it for that reason is probably the worst reason to do it unless you are a God.
    Lol haha I would but Im not about that life anymore, I live in AZ now. Peacefully.

Originally Posted by knownas View Post
    Some of this is true, but a lot of it is conceited garbage. Only a few people can act? It's akin to being a brain surgeon or an astronaut? There are a lot of great actors mate, just not all of them are famous. I can tell you're an actor who thinks highly of themselves based off of this ludicrous post.
    With all due humility, I apologize if it comes off a bit grandiose, the memories of it is really all I have left so I try to milk it for all its worth considering I never actually made it. All I have left is the memory of hope and that forever unknown potential of, "what if.."

LouisPrimaFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LouisPrimaFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LouisPrimaFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LouisPrimaFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LouisPrimaFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LouisPrimaFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LouisPrimaFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LouisPrimaFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LouisPrimaFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LouisPrimaFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LouisPrimaFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Even if you are as handsome as Brad Pitt or Matt Dilon its still almsot impossible.

you would have a better chance of winnig the lottery and your odds if getting stuck in terrible traffic ( which now starts at 6-7am and lqstst until 1am) is close to 100%.

But at the same time...follow your dreams.

Originally Posted by Brazzah View Post
    I'm not gonna be a pessimistic ******* like some people are on here and encourage you to do what ever floats your boat OP.

That said, you have to be realistic.

Every year, thousands of kids from all around the world go to LA to "start over". From the prestigious theatre school grad with years of experience to the instragram bimbo who thinks she can act because she has dozens on betas kissing her ass on the regular. You will face very harsh competition for the chittiest, most degrading jobs you will find in this business.

For these on-set jobs where you could get an idea of how acting and filming works, 1 gig will have a solid 300-400 people applying for it within 48 hours of it being posted online. Those pay garbage wages, you get constantly yelled at by actors and technical staff, you have to cope with big egos, sociopathic fuks who will put you in their crosshair and try to ruin your career for fun just because you brought them a latte with too much milk. These people are at the bottom of the food chain and work 80 hours a week on average. But still, you got massive competition just because you are "in" the environment and it's the perfect place to network and get contacts, since these big egos and sociopaths can also prove to be strong allies if you suck it up and don't disappoint them.

Now here's acting: The chittiest role in the chittest show ran by the most low-budget company will have thousands of people applying for it. I went to LA many times, and everywhere you go, from starbucks to random restaurants, it's always the same thing: The folks you meet are either "actors" or "trying to break into the industry". Since the profession is vague, every ******* who big aspirations can claim he's an actor regardless of his looks and talent, and that translates into lots of random bastards showing up at auditions.

Not only you got these social media kids wanting be actors, but you also got to compete against dudes who are proving themselves on the internet. You will meet tons of people who claim to be actors but their only acting experience comes from internet shows. For example, The Online Gamer has tons of wannabe actors wanting to break into the industry, and after 6-7 years of acting, only 2 of them got 1-2 decent roles in big shows while the others who were part of the cast switched careers. One is living in some LA suburb doing wood work lol. So these people apply to basically every role they can and they got more relevant experience than you.

There's also the proven material, the kids who did acting since the age of 6-7, went through threatre school, won multiple awards, have tons of acting experience and these kids always end up applying everywhere. Even them are working chit jobs, being waiters at restaurants because the competition for jobs is just too much.

If you are ready to deal with all of the people mentionned above, from psychopaths working on set to very good and experienced actors wanting the same gig as you, then you can go. But you have to know that to do well in this business, you need a combination of skill (from acting skills to selling yourself properly) and solid networking skills (most people who do make it big, had solid connections).

Don't get fooled thinking some people who arrive in LA get gigs immediately while others wait years for their chance, it only means the dude who got the gig has spent the last 7 months networking his way to that gig.
    Originally Posted by FO0L View Post
    This.

If you want to be an ACTOR, you move to NYC and act in the theater with all the gay dudes.

If you want to be a MOVIE STAR you move to LA and sit in traffic everyday going to auditions where you will sit around even longer making small talk with endless cringeworthy tryhards, before finally getting your 90 second turn in front of a casting director to audition for a non-speaking line in a toothpaste commercial airing for the next six weeks on Bravo. Out of all these continuous auditions you will get one or two small roles per year that you think are "just the beginning" but in fact they are the beginning, middle, and end. Good luck.

That legit sounds like hell.. Maybe the grass isen't always greener then. Mind as well stay in Michigan and pursue something else now.

Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000) Brazzah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That legit sounds like hell.. Maybe the grass isen't always greener then. Mind as well stay in Michigan and pursue something else now.
    Not trying to discourage you bro. The ones who make it into acting are those who would rather die than do another career. They don't just show up for the fame, big parties, big paychecks, they work their asses off to keep their jobs. Here i'm just talking about normal actors who make a decent living with contract work. The blockbuster movie actors you see on TV making the millions, they're on another planet. Most of these dudes got there with crazy contacts, got some of the world's best agents, and those guys can find them work within the biggest studios out there.

If you want to go there and live your passion, then go for it, you will succeed sooner or later and have your own niche somewhere. Just don't expect to pull millions unless you spend years networking your ass off and living through normal work.

If you just want to live the good life, make solid money, and explore the world, then there are tons of other careers that offer these options. Just go get an MBA, then move into finance, or go the entrepreneurship route and explore ideas. At least it will be meaningful work rather than slaving away doing chit jobs, doing weekly auditions and eating McDonald's value meals every single night after coming back from work at 12am because you're too tired to cook and have a social life while waiting for a contract in acting.
    Last edited by Brazzah; 05-12-2016 at 10:17 AM.
    Lurker for 2 years before registering crew
    Gives tutoring classes in college just to meet sloots crew
    No respect for Wks crew
    Crypto bros crew

gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LinuxJon View Post
    There is no shortage of gorgeous, talented people here. Unless you know the right person, it's entirely luck if you make it. And it's one of the most expensive places in America to live. Which makes for a terrible situation.
    This. I live in Venice Beach and it's full of beautiful people. All the beautiful people from all over the country move here, so the competition is staggering.

Shiverin' since '92 Mr.PissShivers's Avatar
    Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I snuck onto the set of the Muppet Movie to be an extra and most of the extras where self important a-holes either talking about their pill addictions or where they went to theater school.
    OLD MOVIE CREW

Wrong answer bro. GTFO of michigan and find yourself. Get an engineering job in a much nicer city. Channel your energy into maybe starting your own business with engineering like start freelancing your skills or whatever.

If you really really really want to act, save a bit of money and think of a small film idea. Use the money to film it and star in it hire people to help you. Put it in the indie film circuit. Start your own path not rely on others to give you the chance, not compete with thousands of others that never thought to do their own path.

Most importantly, get out of michigan get out of the comfort zone and make something of yourself. You have a degree that not many others have. Take advantage. Look at engineering jobs in nice big cities in nice areas (California or florida or TX or where anything is happening)
    HORSE COCK CREW
    CLEAN EATERS CREW
    CANT BUST FROM BJ CREW

ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.PissShivers View Post
    I snuck onto the set of the Muppet Movie to be an extra and most of the extras where self important a-holes either talking about their pill addictions or where they went to theater school.
    This is pretty much it. I've had a lot of "actor" friends growing up, and for every "we need x, y, z characteristics," there are 1000 results. Good luck winning that role as the non-speaking register jockey in the new rosarito beans commercial!!
    Be the dog Iceman thinks he has
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

Shiverin' since '92 Mr.PissShivers's Avatar
    Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BigRangs View Post
    This is pretty much it. I've had a lot of "actor" friends growing up, and for every "we need x, y, z characteristics," there are 1000 results. Good luck winning that role as the non-speaking register jockey in the new rosarito beans commercial!!
    There was an older guy there talking about how he was just doing the extra part as a favor to the producer. I was trying not to laugh in his face. I didn't see him in the movie, and I got a good 5 or so seconds of screen time in the final cut. I even made the trailer. I was on TV like 200 times a day.
    OLD MOVIE CREW

Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why would you want to purposely try and kill your dream? you could be bigger than tom cruise for all we know.. go, move there and pursue your dreams
    Praise Lord Trump!
    Vegetarian
    Corvette Expert
    Relationship Alpha Expert
    No Glow No Go