Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^

Here's the deal; you can remain as you are now, or you can decide to seriously step-up your game. You need to start eating and training to get to a 2-plate Bench, a 3-plate Squat, and a 4-plate Deadlift, all for reps. To get bigger, you have to get stronger. And you have to get over your fear of gaining a few pounds of fat in order to do so.
    So I need to be squatting 315, benching 225, and deadlifting 405? Wow. 😳

RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RichardDavis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    http://stronglifts.com/madcow/5x5_Pr...Linear_5x5.htm

You could try giving Starr a go on a slight calorie surplus and see how you do. Pretty basic and essential lifts, very easy to follow and a built in progression that should have your lifts ALL increasing after a few short weeks.
    Thanks. I'll check it out. I've also just started reading The Lean Muscle Diet, and I was thinking about just scrapping everything and just do what it says completely. I think Alan is a god. I really trust him more than anyone.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Prepare for 3 pages or arguing.
    ^^^ Wizard

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RichardDavis View Post
    I definitely don't think I'll be happy with 10% at my size. But I just want to get to it as a baseline. And then I'll go on a surplus until I hit 13% and cut. Really short, controlled cycles. This was recommended to me by a trainer who is a beast. Like pro size, but also my age.
    If the trainer "is a beast and like pro size" then he is taking some super supplements he's not telling you about. Take his advices with a grain of salt. If he could do it natty, he would have.

Anyway, the method he was talking about sounds like Layne Norton's mini cut/mini bulk cycles. Most people who have tried it have failed. While it may work for Dr. Norton, you have to remember he is an advanced, world class trainee. He is at the top of the food chain. It will work for him because he is at his natural genetic limits and he is refining for competition purposes.

Someone who has a lot of muscle to gain needs to stay on a calorie surplus and build lean mass. You can't do that on a deficit. Every time you go on a calorie deficit you stop the muscle building process.

He also suggested I have my testosterone levels checked, which I'm thinking maybe I need to do.
    Of course he did. Hormonal manipulation creates a completely different playing field. But simply moving your T-levels around in the normal range will have zero impact on muscle building. If your ballz aren't working and you have low T issues affecting your life outside the gym... get it checked. Otherwise, don't waste your time.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So I need to be squatting 315, benching 225, and deadlifting 405? Wow. ��
    Perfectly reasonable numbers, especially for someone who says that they have "been doing this for five ****ing years".

If you really have been putting in the time and effort over those years then you should already be at those numbers.

Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    Perfectly reasonable numbers, especially for someone who says that they have "been doing this for five ****ing years".

If you really have been putting in the time and effort over those years then you should already be at those numbers.
    Well, the first couple of years, I was limited by insufficient equipment, but the closest I have gotten to those numbers was 5X5@275 on deads, 5X5@205 on the bench, and nowhere close on the squats. I don't skip leg day, but I guess I haven't been pushing myself hard enough on those.

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I really try to stay out of these pis$ing matches but can't let OP hang out on a limb on this one by himself.

I'm over 5 years in and am not hitting those numbers either.

I have a stack of workout sheets 6 inches thick, I've always stuck only with compounds and have posted plenty of videos of my sets to prove I go hard. I'd be more than happy to post them again but doubt you care that much

Throwing up numbers that someone should be hitting isn't necessarily itself bad and I actually agree with those numbers as achievable for just about anyone, myself included. What I don't agree with is trying to theorize blindly on why someone isn't hitting those numbers when there are a lot of different possibilities beyond whether or not they go hard in the gym.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post
    I really try to stay out of these pis$ing matches but can't let OP hang out on a limb on this one by himself.

I'm over 5 years in and am not hitting those numbers either.

I have a stack of workout sheets 6 inches thick, I've always stuck only with compounds and have posted plenty of videos of my sets to prove I go hard. I'd be more than happy to post them again but doubt you care that much

Throwing up numbers that someone should be hitting isn't necessarily itself bad and I actually agree with those numbers as achievable for just about anyone, myself included. What I don't agree with is trying to theorize blindly on why someone isn't hitting those numbers when there are a lot of different possibilities beyond whether or not they go hard in the gym.
    Look it's not so much that he's not hitting those numbers, it's the fact that he's nowhere near them. At 185# squats and 245# deadlifts he's at what you would normally expect to see from someone with 6-12 months of lifting experience not five *******ing years into it.

Somewhere along the line he just stopped pushing himself and seriously stalled in progress.

Well, the first couple of years, I was limited by insufficient equipment, but the closest I have gotten to those numbers was 5X5@275 on deads, 5X5@205 on the bench, and nowhere close on the squats. I don't skip leg day, but I guess I haven't been pushing myself hard enough on those.
    There is a reason every one says... if you want to get bigger you have to do the big lifts.

Squats and deads should be exhausting. If they aren't then it's time to go heavier.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think this sums up where all of your training problems are.

If you don't have the weights to put on the bar, of course you won't get there.

If you're not pushing yourself mentally, you can't expect the results to be there physically.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

There is a reason every one says... if you want to get bigger you have to do the big lifts.

Squats and deads should be exhausting. If they aren't then it's time to go heavier.
    I'm always worried about my form. I actually dropped my weight on both of those recently.

BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, these devices are total crap. They have no use whatsoever other than to make the company that sells them rich. It's a consensus ...review after review...they don't work. I used a friend of mine's device once and his required that you enter height and weight. What is the point of that if they actually work? It factors in BMI...they don't work. At your height and body weight the last thing you need to be doing is eating like self-conscious teen-aged girl. And at those calories ...that's exactly what you're doing. If you want lean mass you must eat in order to grow. And as some in this thread have stated, it's not an easy task for everyone. Some have superior genetics, some use pharmaceuticals ( whether prescribed or black market ), some have both... and some have neither and just bust their ass and eat right to reach their goal. Take the constructive criticism in your thread and make use of it. Send the device back and spend your money on some steaks...a tub of whey..something. Just eat more and quit chasing a useless bf% number.

OzzieFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) OzzieFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) OzzieFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) OzzieFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) OzzieFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) OzzieFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) OzzieFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) OzzieFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) OzzieFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) OzzieFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) OzzieFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BankWalker View Post
    OP, these devices are total crap. They have no use whatsoever other than to make the company that sells them rich. It's a consensus ...review after review...they don't work.
    I would have to agree, i bought a Skulpt AIM and it's been a failure from day one and a complete waste of money.