bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do I get rid of man boob fat?

Started proper nutrition, a few supplements, and lifting about 8 weeks ago and have seen some good progress. I have been doing bench presses and cable machine pec flyes for my chest excercises. Chest muscles seem to be developing nicely but have fat deposits on the outer edges of pecs and extending under my arms that take away from the look of the pecs. Are there other exercise(s) or something else I can do that would specifically target these fat deposits?

heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nah, I think what you're doing is right on track. Well, come to think of it, I probably would add in some intense cardio intervals. For example, what I do is find a track and do sprints (80% as fast as I can run) on the straightaways and walk the curves.

Also, high intensity 50m swimming sprints are a real fat buster!!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by bamiller57 View Post
    Started proper nutrition, a few supplements, and lifting about 8 weeks ago and have seen some good progress. I have been doing bench presses and cable machine pec flyes for my chest excercises. Chest muscles seem to be developing nicely but have fat deposits on the outer edges of pecs and extending under my arms that take away from the look of the pecs.

Are there other exercise(s) or something else I can do that would specifically target these fat deposits?
    No.

Fat can't be spot-reduced. Stick to a consistent, moderate calorie deficit and continue to weight train.

I'm assuming you're training on a balanced program that works your entire body and not just working your chest, right?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

scottw63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HIIT programs are great for burning fat and you still get to lift weights!

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eat less

/thread
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bamiller57 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    No.

Fat can't be spot-reduced. Stick to a consistent, moderate calorie deficit and continue to weight train.

I'm assuming you're training on a balanced program that works your entire body and not just working your chest, right?
    Yes. I am doing a whole body workout 3 times a week, 1- 1 1/2 hours each.
    Last edited by KENKONG; 05-06-2016 at 08:01 AM.

58 years old, 5' 8", currently 208 lbs (have lost 10 lbs. in 8 weeks). Using myfitnesspal for tracking and it has me on 1950 calories per day. Is that too many calories? My thoughts are if I go too lean on calories I'll lose muscle, which is contrary to what I'm trying to do?
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    Eat less

/thread

DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    58 years old, 5' 8", currently 208 lbs (have lost 10 lbs. in 8 weeks). Using myfitnesspal for tracking and it has me on 1950 calories per day. Is that too many calories? My thoughts are if I go too lean on calories I'll lose muscle, which is contrary to what I'm trying to do?
    If you have lost 10lbs in 8 weeks, you are doing fine. If you are doing fullbody 3x a week and losing weight at the rate you are, it's just a matter of patience now.

The problem with the chest is that people underestimate how much fat they carry there and overestimate how much muscle is underneath, so it takes longer than they expect.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Unless you are naturally carrying a lot of muscle then 5'8" and 208 lbs would put you close to or over 30% body fat. I don't think you will see much reduction in chest fat until you get into teens BF. Sorry.. It' a hard pill to swallow but very often man boobs are one of the last areas to go as you get older.

Just keep going and try not to focus on them. It takes time.

I would not eat less but everyone is different. I was on 1850 for 5 months, lifting heavy and doing a lot of cardio. I lost 28 lbs but also a lot of muscle. (not that I had much to start with) I won't do that again :-)

Thanks for all the advice guys. Sounds like I'm on track but just need to have patience.

Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac
    In my opinion,

Mens chest and lower back are of the last places for fat to shed. You will only deplete those reluctant areas by delving deep into your fat stores.

This will require you have to cut heavily on your processed sugars and refined wheat products (sugar and starch basically put)

Originally Posted by Palmac View Post
    In my opinion,

Mens chest and lower back are of the last places for fat to shed. You will only deplete those reluctant areas by delving deep into your fat stores.

This will require you have to cut heavily on your processed sugars and refined wheat products (sugar and starch basically put)
    Stop the BS.

BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post

The problem with the chest is that people underestimate how much fat they carry there and overestimate how much muscle is underneath, so it takes longer than they expect.
    I agree with this statement and I'll add that I think it applies to all parts of a man's body. Many men it seems overestimate the amount of muscle they have an underestimate the amount of fat. This is why so many men complain about losing muscle when cutting when in reality so long as their strength is not going down they're merely losing size due to losing fat not muscle. This also accounts for why many men are in a perpetual bulking cycle.
    "Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum - Whatsoever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If it's an area you hold more fat it will be the last place to lean out. Keep doing what you're doing and go the distance.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude i am so proud of myself, i have killed my man boobs. I had kind of noticed but the last video I made confirmed it. I still have the Gnome gut but the moobs are historical now. I did it by using of all things the containers from that dumb arse 21 day fix thing. For some reason the colors help me keep things in focus. I also switched to doing Gnomefit which is sort of like crossfit but for short fat old people that don't like Starbucks, and think TED talks are stupid. It's a mix of low rep Powerlifts and Olympic lifts along with tons of cross modal circuits and the occasional couple mile run or bike ride. if I get rid of my gut I'm going to write a Gnomefit manual.
    Last edited by GnomusMaximus; 05-10-2016 at 02:41 PM.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ideally what everyone else has already touched on (caloric deficit, compound lifts, perhaps some interval based conditioning as well) but you should also consider hormonal factors as well given the fact that estrogen aromatizes testosterone and this effect is only amplified once you become overweight or your have a relatively high BF %age.

How do you address it? Nutritionally and via lifestyle factors.

Improve your sleep (quality and quantity), drop foods which you might be intolerant to without realizing, eat more cruciferous vegetables and fruits and supplement if necessary.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

DeviLFisH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeviLFisH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeviLFisH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeviLFisH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeviLFisH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeviLFisH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeviLFisH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeviLFisH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeviLFisH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeviLFisH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeviLFisH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Push up ! is great ! since you mention man boob ??
    News about Music, Lifestyle, Fashion and Beauty
    https://retroworldnews.com/

bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    No.

THIS! So many inexperienced people think you can spot reduce and give up when it fails. the ONLY way to spot reduce is liposuction so if you don't have funding for that then it is impossible so don't give up
    May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't...
    Gen George S. Patton

US Army Desert Storm Vet

GOOOO STEELERS

VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    If it's an area you hold more fat it will be the last place to lean out. Keep doing what you're doing and go the distance.
    This

STUDHORSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STUDHORSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STUDHORSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STUDHORSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STUDHORSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STUDHORSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STUDHORSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STUDHORSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STUDHORSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STUDHORSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STUDHORSE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Keep up the good work it will come! that and the love handles are the last to lose. Might try a OTC AI. it helped me a little. always check with your DR. especially if you are currently taking an Meds or Test Replacement Therapy.

Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Animal Rep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just gotta keep grinding it out brother like everyone else is saying, focus on the nutrition and training. Some people collect fat in areas that others do not, it is the fascinating and frustrating aspect of the human body.
    Animal Pak: 30 years strong....

If my PM box is full hit me up at my office:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111327681

Forum: http://forum.animalpak.com/

Site: www.animalpak.com

New Universal Site: http://www.universalusa.com

sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sojomojo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Started proper nutrition, a few supplements, and lifting about 8 weeks ago and have seen some good progress. I have been doing bench presses and cable machine pec flyes for my chest excercises. Chest muscles seem to be developing nicely but have fat deposits on the outer edges of pecs and extending under my arms that take away from the look of the pecs. Are there other exercise(s) or something else I can do that would specifically target these fat deposits?
    Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson had access to the best nutritionists, diet planners (food), trainers, exercise equipment, etc., but he still ended up getting a breast reduction to get rid of his man boob.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/...-30214849.html