Thread: Lower back ache

talkeenp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lower back ache

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right section to be posting in, but hopefully it's okay!

So about 6 months ago I had a bit of an iffy go at a 1rm and seemed to have hurt my lower back, mainly the left side. I'm assuming it's some form of quadratus lumborum strain and ever since, it's never been the same.
    I've been having some real issues with doing any kind of bent over exercises, such as bent over rows, t-bar rows etc.

I was just wondering if there were any suggestions you may have on how to correct this? Just been trying to play the waiting game hoping it'd got better but not being able to hit any bent over exercises is really getting to me right now D:

Hero. Psycho. Insomniac. Skigazzi's Avatar
    Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As someone who has come back from 2 herniated discs...make sure its not a disc problem, I blamed it on everything else too...then BLAM, L4-L5-S1 all let go, 18 months of dragging a leg around and not doing anything else but taking tylenol, and then it slowly started to get right..anyway, like I said, if its a bulging disc, their are corrective movements for that. If its herniated I suggest inversion tables (I suggest inversion to anyone actually)

Now, if it really is a muscle or ligament thing, your lucky, look up hip flexor and piriformis stretches.

I didn't blow up till I was 35, you're too young to blow a disc man, be careful.

And yes, wrong section
    The Dark Knight...Rises.

talkeenp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Skigazzi View Post
    As someone who has come back from 2 herniated discs...make sure its not a disc problem, I blamed it on everything else too...then BLAM, L4-L5-S1 all let go, 18 months of dragging a leg around and not doing anything else but taking tylenol, and then it slowly started to get right..anyway, like I said, if its a bulging disc, their are corrective movements for that. If its herniated I suggest inversion tables (I suggest inversion to anyone actually)

Now, if it really is a muscle or ligament thing, your lucky, look up hip flexor and piriformis stretches.

I didn't blow up till I was 35, you're too young to blow a disc man, be careful.

And yes, wrong section
    I do feel it's a muscle rather than a disc. The pain is very localised to the left and stretching before working out really does help prevent it from hurting.

I guess I just need to stop being lazy and get a stretching regime sorted than try come here looking for a magical answer haha