Closed Thread
    Redcloud5628 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Veins and blood circulation

This is my first post but it is very important to me. I destroyed my veins over my entire body by being a heavy heroin user for 8 years. I have now been clean for 1 year and 6 months. I have been lifting and exercising for 6 months and starting to get good gains. My nutrition is great but lately I have been getting concerned about my blood circulation. I was hospitalized multiple times during my addiction due to complications of infection, blood clots and circulation. What can I do to help increase the growth of veins and do I need to be concerned about any health risk while lifting. Please direct me to any literature if possible with your opinions.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Congrats on getting clean! Honestly I'm a med student about to graduate and I have no idea how to answer this question properly. I would go to your doctor who may refer you to a vascular surgeon to discuss this. Is this a possibility for you?

Thank you. Yes it is, I will look into a vascular surgeon. The problem is I have a bit of a phobia about doctors and hospitals. I have yet to find any information on this subject online anywhere. Do you know any supplements that I should be taking? I take multivitamin, CLA, FishOil, test booster right now.

nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You'll have to ask your doctor. Nobody here will be able to give you viable advice.

Considering editing out the drug in the OP. Mods have a zero tolerance policy with discussing drugs.

DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    See doctor

/thread

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Redcloud5628 View Post
    Thank you. Yes it is, I will look into a vascular surgeon. The problem is I have a bit of a phobia about doctors and hospitals. I have yet to find any information on this subject online anywhere. Do you know any supplements that I should be taking? I take multivitamin, CLA, FishOil, test booster right now.
    I would just ask the doctor. You will want to at least ask if there are any restrictions to the type of training you do. In the training you have done so far, write down if you have had any problems such as discoloration of extremities (or elsewhere), numbness or tingling, swelling, pain while training or after a workout. Any particular reason you have a phobia?

Thank you for your reply. Apparently you are the only one who understood my question. I was not asking for medical advice, I was asking for nutritional advice about supplements that increase blood flow, vein growth and regeneration. I wrote a serious post that is %100 positive and have already been accused of discussing drugs. SO LET ME BE CLEAR FOR ALL FUTURE POST, I AM LOOKING FOR NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT BLOOD FLOW, VEIN GROWTH AND REGENERATION. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR MEDICAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT DISCUSSING DRUGS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. also on the phobia thing I am a bit of a germaphobe and doctor offices and hospitals realy creep me out.

Also thank you Heisman2 for the advice on journalling. I will start keeping a journal of my workouts.

deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000)
    I realize you're looking for nutritional advice, can't really help you there...

But just as a side note, have you looked at the benefits of zone 2 training? This less-than-intense training zone for longer durations is supposed to help with improving circulation including formulation of new pathways for blood to travel to the muscle as well as pathways for the blood to travel back from the muscle (as well as helping build a good conditioning base -- as they say, the larger the base the higher the peak). Since my ankle fracture and being down for quite a while, I've gotten the most from working on my base in zone 2...although I cycle and it's literally impossible for me to stay in zone 2 when out...but quite easy when in the gym on a machine.

Thank you for the info deapee. I am not familiar with zone 2 training. I will be doing research on this method right now as I am very eager to improve my program in any way. I have not had any significant problems with my veins or blood flow since I started lifting 6 months ago but within the last month I have started seeing some quite noticeable gains. As I noticed my gains the thought occurred to me that I should focus more on methods and nutrition to help boost blood flow, vein growth and regeneration. Thank you for the advice.

Psykokiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Psykokiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Psykokiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Psykokiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Psykokiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Psykokiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Psykokiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Psykokiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Psykokiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Psykokiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Psykokiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    @redcloud5628..sorry to tell you bro..there is no chance of your veins growing back or regenerating im sure ..mine haven't
    -Ex-addict
    Do drugs!