simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

ok so I think I must start weights

Hi, I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong.
    I am currently 164 cm and weigh 60 kg (5'4 and 132 pounds)
    I started boot camp 10 weeks ago now which consists of 2 days cardio/core and 1 day metafit. I am also eating only 1600 calories per day keeping strict count and making sure I consume 130 grams of protein, 80 grams of carbs and 40 grams of fat. I count everything I eat and I weigh everything I eat to make sure I am sticking to my plan. I have not lost anything on the scale and more so I have not lost even a cm anywhere on my body! As of this week I am going to ad 2 days of weights to see if that helps me. But it is really pissing me off because I am pushing myself and keeping extremely good count of what I am consuming but yet I am not seeing results. I know results don't happen over night and I know I told myself to wait 12 before expecting any changed but honestly I thought I would see something 10 weeks in.
    I know it's silly but my goal is to become fit (already seeing improvement in this section), have less body fat and be more toned/lean muscle not bulky hulk like

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're eating 1600 calories a day but the numbers you listed only add up to 1200 calories. I'm guessing you meant 180 grams of carbs not 80 grams. If you're truly eating in a deficit there will be steady loss. Within the first week of lowering calories there's always a water drop on the scale and things continue going down from there. If you haven't lost anything in 10 weeks it's because you're eating at maintenance and there's an error somewhere in your tracking methods.

If you want a bit of lean muscle as you continue losing fat a solid lifting program will be needed.

Good luck.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmydu4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am using my fitness pal to track my eating. I've got it set at 30% carbs 45% protein and 25% fat. Which is 120 grams carbs, 180 grams protein and 44 grams of fat but I can never get higher than 130 min 160 max protein and on average carbs is 80 and fat is usually on par or 5 grams over but the calories are alway 1600 some times I fall short but it's never lower than 1500. Is my fitness pal a reliable source? I do struggle to get my protein up so I have 2 protein shakes a day some days others I have 1. I do drink 4-5 coffee's a day but I count them aswell. I struggle to drink 1.5- 2 litres of water. My fit bit was saying I burn 2200 calories on average highest was 2700 and my calories in vs out was always less calories in than out... could it be I have stuffed my metabolism from stupid fad diets in the past?

Scandigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scandigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scandigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scandigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scandigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scandigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scandigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scandigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scandigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scandigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scandigirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No, it is unlikely you have stuffed up your metabolism in the past. Myfitnesspal is based on user input and is full of errors, so you need to be careful with it. Also, the most accurate way of measuring your food is by weighing it using a food scale. Volume measurements are much less accurate. Finally, your fitbit will never be able to give you an entirely accurate count of calories burned, it can give you an estimate at best.

If I were you I would check the accuracy of your tracking and ignore the fitbit. At your stats, 1600 calories should put you in a deficit and you should be loosing weight.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by simmydu4 View Post
    I am using my fitness pal to track my eating. I've got it set at 30% carbs 45% protein and 25% fat. Which is 120 grams carbs, 180 grams protein and 44 grams of fat but I can never get higher than 130 min 160 max protein and on average carbs is 80 and fat is usually on par or 5 grams over but the calories are alway 1600 some times I fall short but it's never lower than 1500. Is my fitness pal a reliable source? I do struggle to get my protein up so I have 2 protein shakes a day some days others I have 1. I do drink 4-5 coffee's a day but I count them aswell. I struggle to drink 1.5- 2 litres of water. My fit bit was saying I burn 2200 calories on average highest was 2700 and my calories in vs out was always less calories in than out... could it be I have stuffed my metabolism from stupid fad diets in the past?
    Your metabolism is probably fine, I'd rule out other issues first.

Fitbit isn't an accurate tracker for calories burned, calculate your TDEE and that's your maintenance, then subtract 10-20% for a healthy weight loss range. That's what you stick to every day, it doesn't changed based on daily activity as weekly activity is factored into your TDEE already. Though 1600 should have you losing weight already, and this is likely a tracking error, it's worth pointing out that while fitbit can be a motivational tool it's not accurate for tracking calories burned.

That's way more protein than you need, 1g per lb of body weight is sufficient. You're not getting enough fat either, which should be at least .4g per lb of body weight, which for you is 53g.

Anything you drink with water counts towards water intake, including your 4-5 coffees. We also get water from certain foods.

If you don't have a food scale, you're not tracking accurately. Volume measurements can be off by up to 20%, and eyeballing can be far more inaccurate.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Ok so I will reduce my calories to 1400 and add weight training for 2 days and still do boot camp 2 days and metafit 1 day. I will change my macros to 40/40/20 according to the tdee calculator and see how I go. When should I expect to notice a difference? Even if it's only a bloody gram I don't care cause it's a difference!! At least the past 10 weeks have helped my fitness

Fudge me! I feel pretty stupid lol
    The only thing I wasn't weighing was my protein powder for my protein shakes. It says 2 scoops = 40 Grams so I just always have scooped my 2 scoops into 250 ml of water and drank. I just went to make it and thought stuff it i will weigh it and to my surprise each scoop is 35 grams so it's been 70 grams I have been having each time in stead of 40 grams!! That's an extra 120-240 calories on average each day!!
    Still going to add weights lower calories and WEIGH MY PROTEIN POWDER! 😠😠