Thread: Open vs Novice

bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Open vs Novice

Hello everyone! Last year I competed in True Novice and Open and came in fourth in True Novice and third in Open...but there were only 3 people in my open class.

This year I am doing the same competition and only wanted to do either Novice or Open. My dilemma is if I should do Open again because what if I don't have any competition? Last year all novice categories had many girls, whereas all open categories had 3-6.

Thoughts please! Currently, I signed up for Novice, but I change.

Thank you!
    IG: Beauty.in.strength
    FB: Bethharrisfit

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Completely depends on your goals and if you have a chance at a pro card or if you want a pro-card. I would always enter the open as you never know
    advertising not permitted

ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Kinda ditto for me... if I was already going to be there and getting on stage, I'd hit up open as well.
    2020 Olympia Bound | NPC WPD Nationally Qualified | 2018 Arnold Amateur WPD Top 3 | 2x WPD Pro World Champion (INBA/DFAC)

Meet Lifts: S: 305 | B: 205 | D: 370 * Gym Lifts: S: 380 | B: 275 | D: 415

WEB: proyeo.com | IG: ankhjii_pro_yeo

ISSA: CFT SNS | Westside Barbell Certified

PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would compete in both. no harm, no foul, if you place 1st in either class, you can no longer do novice. I did a show last year where me and the same guy competed in 3 classes together, novice, open, drug-free, we place the same in all 3, the novice had another competitor who placed ahead of us.

bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybybiff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the info! Maybe I will pay more to just enter both. I just didn't like being in a class with only 3...made it feel saying I got third almost like cheating or something

ewolf2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ewolf2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ewolf2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ewolf2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ewolf2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ewolf2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ewolf2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ewolf2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ewolf2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ewolf2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ewolf2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I always encourage everyone to do both. It's the only time you can do it, so you might as well since you will already be there anyway.
    *Nationally qualified classic physique competitor and middleweight bodybuilding

~Follow Me On Instagram: alaskan_muscle

☆Affordable Online Training☆
    www.********.com/theoriginalteamwolf?fref=ts
    Prices&Testimonies: http://awolf10.wix.com/teamwolf

DRINK WATER
    WORK HARDER
    GET BIGGER

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Completely depends on your goals and if you have a chance at a pro card or if you want a pro-card. I would always enter the open as you never know
    This is a national qualifier. The rules state that stop 5 in all classes qualify for Jr Nationals etc, while top 3 in each class qualify for Nationals etc

Does this apply only for Open or is Novice included too? And what if there is only 3 people in your class...do you still qualify?

Originally Posted by ewolf2 View Post
    I always encourage everyone to do both. It's the only time you can do it, so you might as well since you will already be there anyway.
    I was thinking that, but since this is my second show I was trying to weigh the option of cost vs worth of doing it

savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your thread just inspired me to do Open in my show this weekend too. I was only going to do Novice and Master 35+, but since I am there I might as well just do Open since I qualify for it. Technically the "competition" would be better in Open because anyone who has won a Novice category needs to move into Open, right? I know this isn't how it always plays out, but you can tell yourself that if you do well.

ETA: I also noticed that at some shows, it depends on how they split up the height classes. So if Novice has only two height classes, but Open has 4, you might be competing against some different people at the same show.

elvirka will become famous soon enough. (+50) elvirka will become famous soon enough. (+50) elvirka will become famous soon enough. (+50) elvirka will become famous soon enough. (+50) elvirka will become famous soon enough. (+50) elvirka will become famous soon enough. (+50) elvirka will become famous soon enough. (+50) elvirka will become famous soon enough. (+50) elvirka will become famous soon enough. (+50) elvirka will become famous soon enough. (+50) elvirka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by savmom22 View Post
    Your thread just inspired me to do Open in my show this weekend too. I was only going to do Novice and Master 35+, but since I am there I might as well just do Open since I qualify for it. Technically the "competition" would be better in Open because anyone who has won a Novice category needs to move into Open, right? I know this isn't how it always plays out, but you can tell yourself that if you do well.
    Good luck this weekend! You're not in Seattle by any chance, are you?

savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) savmom22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by elvirka View Post
    Good luck this weekend! You're not in Seattle by any chance, are you?
    Thank you! No I'm in Boston - doing the Cutler Classic on Saturday.