Homer_Simpson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HIT sprints which way the best way?

Guys going to get off the bike and try HIT sprints for the first time.? is which is the best way.30 sec jog-30sec sprint and so on or is it better to go 1min jog to get your legs back and than go all out 30 sec sprint and so on.

as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the best way is to go 30 seconds all out and then jog/walk until you are recovered.

Homer_Simpson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    unfreaking real!!!! within 2 mins of posting I get an answer.Without a doubt the ppl on this board are the best!!

Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky Barbella is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do 15 sec sprint 45 steady...i thought that was the best way as it is harder to stay with it sprinting for a full 30s

xtremelifter_87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is what I do:

Jog 1 lap of my local oval (which takes approximately 5 minutes).

Then I do 8 sets of 100m sprints with 10 seconds rest in between.

then I jog another lap of the oval to cool down.

So it ends up looking like this:

Jog 5 minutes

Rest 10 seconds

Sprint 20 seconds

Rest 10 seconds

Sprint 20 seconds

Rest 10 seconds

Sprint 20 seconds

Rest 10 seconds

Sprint 20 seconds

Rest 10 seconds

Sprint 20 seconds

Rest 10 seconds

Sprint 20 seconds

Rest 10 seconds

Sprint 20 seconds

Rest 10 seconds

Sprint 20 seconds

Rest 10 seconds

Jog 3-5 minutes

Finish
    "So you think I'm a loser? Just because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, and an entire city that curses the day I was born?? Well that may mean "loser" to you, but let me tell you something: Every morning when I wake up; I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep again. So I get up, have my watered-down Tang and still-frozen Pop Tart, get in my car; with no upholstery, no gas, and six more payments--to fight traffic; just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes on the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I thought I would, I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman, and I'll never again know the joy of driving without a bag on my head. But I'm not a loser. Because despite it all, me and every other guy - who'll never be what he wanted to be; are still out there being what we DON'T wanna be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I haven't put a gun in my mouth, you pudding of a woman...makes me a winner! - Al Bundy~

sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs down

Originally posted by sawastea
    http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp
    Well, they also say:
    "Your HIIT program will likely be most effective if performed first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, but if you can't do it in the a.m., do it at noon, night, whenever! "

Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boxman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "So you think I'm a loser? Just because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, and an entire city that curses the day I was born?? Well that may mean "loser" to you, but let me tell you something: Every morning when I wake up; I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep again. So I get up, have my watered-down Tang and still-frozen Pop Tart, get in my car; with no upholstery, no gas, and six more payments--to fight traffic; just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes on the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I thought I would, I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman, and I'll never again know the joy of driving without a bag on my head. But I'm not a loser. Because despite it all, me and every other guy - who'll never be what he wanted to be; are still out there being what we DON'T wanna be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I haven't put a gun in my mouth, you pudding of a woman...makes me a winner! - Al Bundy~

I have nothing to add except that this is the most hilarious signature I've ever seen.

Actually I do have something to add. I recently started doing HIIT sprints with my dog, and he LOVES it! Sprints are the perfect exercise for dogs as it's just the kind of activity they do in nature. I started doing this after the vet told me my Golden Retriever was fat lol.

Looks Like Chris Benoit musclemidget's Avatar
    musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musclemidget is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i know HIIT is effective b/c it boosts metabolism. understandably, this would be most effective done first thing in the morning. im wondering if HIIT is just as effective if done in the afternoon or in the evening. anyone know?

xtremelifter_87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Of Course! In fact, I wouldn't advise doing HIIT on an empty stomach--since glycogen is being used primarily during high intensity excersise--and if you don't have any carbohydrates for fuel, guess what your body will burn for energy....muscle.

The old "do cardio on an empty stomach" myth is outdated. During HIIT, your focus is on raising your metabolism--hence the calories burned afterwards, not the "fat" burnt DURING the actual session.
    Last edited by xtremelifter_87; 09-26-2003 at 08:16 PM.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I personally like the 20 second sprint-40 second recovery intervals. That's just my opinion though.

t.renz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I go to a track, warm up for a 1/2 mile (2 laps) then do 2 miles sprinting the strait parts of the track, the do another 1/2 mile jog to cool off.
    The wheel is turning and you can't slow down

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by t.renz
    I go to a track, warm up for a 1/2 mile (2 laps) then do 2 miles sprinting the strait parts of the track, the do another 1/2 mile jog to cool off.
    Yup yup. I like to sprint the straighaways and jog the curves.