timcham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help - I'm gaining weight and want to lose it!!

Hey guys, first time poster here..I'm 26 years old now and my and my fiancee had our daughter who's 5 years old now. Ever since having her my weight has gone WAY up..I was around 170 lbs 5 years ago when we had her I now weigh 222 lbs (was 230 lbs 2 weeks ago but I've been dieting hard since then and managed to lose some) But I want to lose it..I hate how I look and don't want it to get any worse. I work at a computer for 8 hours/day so no exercise while working.

Basically what i'm looking to do is get back down to 195-200 lbs. Muscle isn't a big worry for me..though I'd like to look a little toned but I can work on that after I lose the weight. I'm just wondering like should I bother getting a gym membership at this time or stick strictly to dieting? I was going to get a membership and do like 30 mins cardio/day with smaller workouts with weights so I can work on the tone a little bit..but my main focus is to lose the weight and get down to 200 ish LBS.

anyone give me pointers on this, I'm brand new to this whole weight loss and working out thing since I've always been at a good weight my entire life. I have the diet and eating part pretty down pat as I'm in my 3rd week of that and losing weight each day.

Thanks in advance everyone !!

BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by timcham View Post
    Hey guys, first time poster here..I'm 26 years old now and my and my fiancee had our daughter who's 5 years old now. Ever since having her my weight has gone WAY up..I was around 170 lbs 5 years ago when we had her I now weigh 222 lbs (was 230 lbs 2 weeks ago but I've been dieting hard since then and managed to lose some) But I want to lose it..I hate how I look and don't want it to get any worse. I work at a computer for 8 hours/day so no exercise while working.

Basically what i'm looking to do is get back down to 195-200 lbs. Muscle isn't a big worry for me..though I'd like to look a little toned but I can work on that after I lose the weight. I'm just wondering like should I bother getting a gym membership at this time or stick strictly to dieting? I was going to get a membership and do like 30 mins cardio/day with smaller workouts with weights so I can work on the tone a little bit..but my main focus is to lose the weight and get down to 200 ish LBS.

anyone give me pointers on this, I'm brand new to this whole weight loss and working out thing since I've always been at a good weight my entire life. I have the diet and eating part pretty down pat as I'm in my 3rd week of that and losing weight each day.

Thanks in advance everyone !!
    You know, the first successful diet and exercise routine I ever did is still probably built within my foundation and I got it from Bill Phillip's Body for Life book (you can get it for a few dollars online anywhere,just do a google search as I can't paste a link here ). It's a great routine and it doesn't force you to overdue it it by going to extreme at first, check it out and good luck man!