Thread: Spray tanning

lukkyguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Spray tanning

I’ve signed up a full tanning package for my next show, the day before the show and on site tanning show day.
    Following the sign up, I recieved a confirmation mail with a lot of instructions and tips leading up to the day, and a few words on the tanning proecess itself. Well…it states: "Women will be sprayed nude (cover can be provided for those uncomfortable", men may use something smaller than their posing trunk (i.e. a sock), if not not comfortable without." So guys, do you cover up or not? Does it take long to dry?
    It also says tanning in a tanning bed prior to build a good base may give a better color, or reduce number of layers needed. I do tan every now and then, but I’m not like super tan. Any inputs?

BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm not a man (obviously!) but I have done this many times, and always gone completely naked. LoL, I think I'm still to see anyone not doing so.
    The times I've seen the men(sometime its separate, sometimes its not), it seems like they're just holding a hand over for cover when she sprays that area
    No need to worry, they're professionals.
    The obvious reason to be naked is of course you'll get no lines, however, just as important is the fact it does the job much easier for the personal doing the spraying, time is crucial, lines are long!
    After you're sprayed, you'll usually gather with the others in front of a fan drying for 15-20mins before its all over again..
    Yeah, I tan all the time LoL, but I don't think you need to. However, having a nice base tan won't hurt.

Thanks girl! Am I expected to bring anything specific to the tanning session?

Heathergoesfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very helpful thread indeed! I’m looking for spray tan service at my next show as well! I get a little confused, some say go to the tanning bed, others say don’t, some say I should shave instead of waxing because of the risk for a outbreak after waxing (in the info from the tanning company)?
    I’m quite modest, so I really need to get myself together if I’m gonna go in there naked LOL. Hopefully it’s only the person spraying that sees you!(?) I've never been naked in front of a stranger in my life (besides my Dr).

Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Heathergoesfit View Post
    Very helpful thread indeed! I’m looking for spray tan service at my next show as well! I get a little confused, some say go to the tanning bed, others say don’t, some say I should shave instead of waxing because of the risk for a outbreak after waxing (in the info from the tanning company)?
    I’m quite modest, so I really need to get myself together if I’m gonna go in there naked LOL. Hopefully it’s only the person spraying that sees you!(?) I've never been naked in front of a stranger in my life (besides my Dr).
    Most tanning providers will officially say you don't need to tan up front. However, face to face they tell you it's better to have a tan. My experience is also that the competition tan develops far better when I have a good base tan to start with. I suspect them not to advice you to tan because so many people are against tanning beds.. If you decide to tan, I recommend you to start 5-6 weeks out at least, going 3 times a week increasing to 4 the last 2 weeks.

The different tanning providers all have their do’s and dont’s, just be sure to follow their recipe to prepare your skin up front. When it comes to the tanning procedure itself, it’s basically a location issue from my experince. At many shows there simply aren’t enough room to set up separate tents for spraying, drying etc etc. Often, there might just be a corner partially separated by some loose plastic covers acting more like o prevent the spray to go around than actual cover. I’ve been sprayed at every kind of locations, even outside LOL, better leave modisty at home! And it's not necessary better at the bigger shows, when I did the Junior USA Bikini last year (before returning to Figure) the facilities at the show day where extremely poor. The number of athletes made it way too chaotic
    I definitely see your naked-worries, but when I enter the area, I just have to completely cut out all my normal feelings for modesty and nudity LOL. Couldn’t done it otherwise. The fact everybody’s doing it, makes it far more easy, even though it sounds a li’l crazy
    When I go for the touch up tanning on competiton day, I always do a full body spray instead of just the "touch ups" many are doing with their suits on. Be sure to get your suit off, I can’t understand why people are risking their expensive suits gets covered with tanner. Rhinestones don't shine covered with tanner

When it coems to hair removal, I can’t see a reason why you shouldn’t wax. I used to wax until I had laser hair removal. That of course if you already have waxed for a period knowing you won’t have a reaction. Wax absolutely everything(!) off 5-6 days out, and then you can forget all about hair removal . Shaving has its drawbacks, you might get razor burns, and if your hair grows quickly, shaving the day before the first tanning session, will make you appearing with a short stubble on competiton day. For me, that would be like a nightmare. Shaving would definitely be my last option, most get waxed, but a lot have had laser today, especially among the Pro's.
    Last edited by Jenny95; 04-18-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jenny95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by lukkyguy View Post
    Thanks girl! Am I expected to bring anything specific to the tanning session?
    Even though a shower cap will be provided, I always bring my own just in case, and flip flops to keep feet clean. Guess you don't need the cap, but bring flip flops

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I bought my own airbrush and prefer to have my wife spray me morning of show 2-3 hours before prejudging. I completely wash my coat off after pre-judging and redo it for night show. I prefer fresh coats. I use 2 coats of Jan Tana Ultra 1 plus I am extremely dark prior to airbrush.

Be careful with tanning beds, you do not want dry skin.

Mike
    ….

BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikiniGurl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is it LiquidSunRays doing the tanning? (I recognize some of the info you're referring to..). If so, they are super pro's, no worries!
    If your modesty is that a big concern for you, they actually sell a "cookie cover", or c-string) on their web site (liquidsunrayz.com/shop/index.php/cookie-cover.html). If you choose to bring one, I'm 99% sure you wont wear it, their professionalism will make you feel OK to go without .

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You get used to seeing people naked, and being naked. We're all there for the same reason.

Just bring flip flops and loose long sleeve clothing.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you live in the area, the spray tan services may ask you to come in the day before to apply a base tan, then you get another coat the day of the competition. Bring the loosest clothing you have, and know it will get stained. Stains often wash off in the washing machine, but just in case they don't, don't wear your favorite clothes. If you get a tan the day before, your bed is going to be pretty gross because you still rub some tan off at night. I suggest sleeping with clothes on, long pants and long sleeves. Do not shower the morning of competition.

Women get tanned naked because
    - The tanning services is usually a woman
    - We don't want tan lines
    - Our posing suit is very expensive and we don't want it covered in tanning product.

Between pre-judging and night show, the tanning service should stick around and touch you up as part of the package, in case you sweated some tan off or have streaks.

Backstage is a zoo, people are much more worried about the competition to care about your junk. People are walking around in their posing suits anyway, so plenty of skin to go around. Besides, on comp day you are so nervous, hungry, tired, and depleted that sinful thoughts aren't going to be your priority LOL.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    You get used to seeing people naked, and being naked. We're all there for the same reason.

Just bring flip flops and loose long sleeve clothing.
    Haha truth.. guys in bikinis is perfectly normal and wearing the straps high with sweatpants on like your thong is exposed.. all normal for dudes on that one day of the year

Mike
    ….

speclous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) speclous has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    "Lukkyguy", are you doing physique or bb? If it's physique, you can wear your boxer as the posing shorts are longer and will cover more! However, are you in bb you better get tanned without.
    I use to bring a sock, and I just ask the lady doing the spraying if she'd prefere me using it, as a curtesy to her, none have insisted so far. As mention earlier, using your hand is common, and you most likely need to "move it" when they're spraying inside your thighs as well.

Originally Posted by speclous View Post
    "Lukkyguy", are you doing physique or bb? If it's physique, you can wear your boxer as the posing shorts are longer and will cover more! However, are you in bb you better get tanned without.
    I use to bring a sock, and I just ask the lady doing the spraying if she'd prefere me using it, as a curtesy to her, none have insisted so far. As mention earlier, using your hand is common, and you most likely need to "move it" when they're spraying inside your thighs as well.
    I'm in bodybuilding this time. Thanks for the advice on bringing a sock, I like the idea.
    However, I emailed the tanning folks today and the said nearly all preferred to go naked.

sprayonsun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ***COMPETITION SPRAY TAN SPECIALS FOR EUROPA GAMES IN DALLAS***

Don't get caught with a terrible spray tan or worse no tan at all! Let us come to you! Spray on Sun specializes in competition spray tans and we have a few spots left for the Europa Games in Dallas on June 17-18. Our Tans are $55 for 1 tan or $95 for 2 tans (1 for each day). To book your appointment text or call us at (817)301-3362 or email sprayonsun@gmail.com.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by XCriticalBenchX View Post
    Haha truth.. guys in bikinis is perfectly normal and wearing the straps high with sweatpants on like your thong is exposed.. all normal for dudes on that one day of the year

Mike
    I mean...I won't admit to catching some opposite gender glances if a door had accidentally gotten cracked open a bit too wide...no one warned us they were trying to scuttle out of the room while we weren't paying attention. :O
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    I mean...I won't admit to catching some opposite gender glances if a door had accidentally gotten cracked open a bit too wide...no one warned us they were trying to scuttle out of the room while we weren't paying attention. :O
    Likewise
    ….

bikinicompgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bikinicompgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, I always like to tan up well in front building a good base tan. I think the tan gets better that way.
    If you are used to wax regularly, I wouldn't worry to wax! But it's not a good idea to get waxed for your first time in front of a competition.

LoL, I asked a similar question a while ago here before my first spray tan experience. It's kind of crazy until you get used to it, I've done it 3 times and what i can say, is that the experience is very dependent on the locations, no place is alike.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bikinicompgirl View Post
    Well, I always like to tan up well in front building a good base tan. I think the tan gets better that way.
    If you are used to wax regularly, I wouldn't worry to wax! But it's not a good idea to get waxed for your first time in front of a competition.

LoL, I asked a similar question a while ago here before my first spray tan experience. It's kind of crazy until you get used to it, I've done it 3 times and what i can say, is that the experience is very dependent on the locations, no place is alike.
    Funny you put waxing and tanning in the same post because I was thinking that after the indignity of getting my "down there" waxed before a competition, tanning nude was the least of my worries
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721