Thread: Gaining Mass

Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Gaining Mass

Hey everyone, i was wondering if someone could help me out. So i started rippetoe's in sept then later changed to the 5X5 prog. i noticed my strength went up but not really mass. now i'm gonna cut in april so i'm trying to look for a prog for lean muscle/gain mass during this time (lighter weights and higher reps right? for mass). i've looked at the sticky's and theres quite a few progs, i was j/w what's a good one to use? Thanks

I will bend the red nail. mydamnself's Avatar
    mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That whole light weights high reps thing is a myth. My question is: If you didn't gain much mass, why are you cutting? You should add a good deal of bulk before trying to cut. How long did you wait before switching programs? To be honest, it sounds like one of your problems might be patient. Another factor is food. If you are not eating enough you will not put on weight, the end. I think if you stick to one program and take in enough calories you will see much better results. Also, make sure you keep track of your calories. I've found most people are not eating nearly as much as they think they are.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    5 minute 32 kilo kettlebell snatch test- 68 reps.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    20 60D nails and 10 Gr2 bolts bent in 20 minutes.
    ---
    I don't haunt this forum. If you say something and I don't reply, I'm not here. If it's important, PM me.

www.averagetoelite.com

R.I.P. Grandma 5/12/07 user178944's Avatar
    user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    agreed with "mydamnself"..you should post this in the nutrition section

because its all diet for gaining mass

Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hey thanks for the response man. I have gained a bit of mass but not as much as i expected. I planned on cutting bcuz i never really did it before and i would either like to have lean muscle for the summer or look ripped. The calories and everythign are fine, i started gettin fat so i had to slow it down a notch.

i was reading Frankie NY's Mass Building Program or the S.A.I.S. Training Program , what do you guys think about these?
    Last edited by Grand_Hustle; 03-04-2007 at 08:08 PM.

mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You have to watch your definition of fat though, and realize that if you do it right you can cut in a month. As much as it makes me sound like a kettlebell zealot if you get a 24 kilo kb and do two handed swings everyday for a month you will drop a ton of bodyfat. I see it in clients over and over again. The other factor is that you are building your core. I developed a six pack by accident while losing no muscle, only fat.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    ---
    I don't haunt this forum. If you say something and I don't reply, I'm not here. If it's important, PM me.

www.averagetoelite.com

hmm isorry, had trouble understanding your post mydamnself. Were you talking about the programs in general or just when cutting.

"if you get a 24 kilo kb and do two handed swings everyday for a month you will drop a ton of bodyfat. I see it in clients over and over again. The other factor is that you are building your core. I developed a six pack by accident while losing no muscle, only fat." whats this? oh yah shouldn't u be happy you got a six pack! lol

http://www.dragondoor.com
    http://www.kettlebells.com
    http://www.crossfit.com
    http://www.gymjones.com

Check this stuff out. All of these guys have something in common. They're strong, they have endurance, and they look like they're carved out of stone. I now find it impossible to go back to standard weight lifting. I do some olympic lifts, but for the most part it's kettlebells, pull ups, push ups, tire drags, rowing, etc. It's a whole different way of training.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    ---

www.averagetoelite.com

it looks interesting. i follow MMA and i know of a fighter who uses that stuff and hes one of the best in the world. I dunno where i'd get my hands on that stuff though

It all depends on how much you want it. B.J. Penn uses crossfit for his training program. You can order kettlebells online.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    ---

www.averagetoelite.com

see unlike fighters, they got the money to hire personal trainers and what not. But anyways if there nto too expensive i might look into them. Thanks for helping out i'll try my luck in the nutrition section now lol