Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

10 week cut, insight

10 weeks may seem like a long time, but in retrospect, it is a very short amount of time in our lives. We stress about cutting and counting calories, or losing, gaining, weight. I would say I was the same 10 weeks ago, so I know what you might be feeling. I feel like my mind has transcended to a different level. Cutting has helped me get a better understanding of my own body, and my mind.

Things to consider when cutting
    Letting go of worrying about cutting

Things that are important during a cut,
    at least 50gs of fat
    0.8-1g of protein per lbm, I always eat 180g-200g, regardless, because as long as my protein is high, I feel amazing, lower protein and I feel like crap.
    The rest can be carbs, though I prefer no more than 100 carbs, and the rest fat. Macros are very personal to each individual. Find what you enjoy and never force yourself to abide by a certain macro scheme.
    It doesn't matter what food you eat, as long as you aren't only eating junk food.

I eat mostly, chicken, turkey, ham, fish, steak, cottage cheese, cheese (lots) granola, yogurt, milk, spinach, mostly these only.
    Cheat days in my opinion, are counter-productive, you can either cut in 8 weeks, or 12 weeks, cheat days will dictate that.
    Sleep is vital, always made sure I had 8 hours of sleep.
    3-5 liters of water a day, multi-vitamin, fish oil, and 5g of creatine daily, I do use whey, but only to make sure I hit protein requirements.
    Measuring/weighing is vital for success, but you only have to do this for a few weeks, to find easy tips and tricks to make it extremely manageable. I prepare my food for the next day, the day before, and it takes an hour max.
    I did use Intermittent fasting, but only for food management, I can eat all of my caloric needs in 5 hours and not stress about it for the rest of the day. Will I use IF during my lean bulk? No, why? Because it is only for food management, and I rather eat when ever I feel like it during a bulk. I repeat, IF is not superior, nor is eating normally, or eating 5-6 meals a day. They all lead to the same results.
    GXSR made a phenomenal calculator, that is very accurate at predicting the future. Look it up.
    Weighed every day, at same time, after peeing, then took the weekly average each week, consistently lost 0.4-0.6kg, first 6 weeks, then 0.8-1.2kg the last 4 weeks.
    Maintenance = 2,700, first 6 weeks deficit = 2,000-2,200, last 4 weeks deficit = 1,600-1,700
    Took measurements each week, and pictures each week
    Starting Ending CM
    82kg 73kg
    Waist 87cm, 81cm
    Hips 100cm, 89cm
    Most of my weight is in my lower areas

That covers it really, how long it takes, depends on how much effort you want to put into yourself, but also don't stress about it, you can't speed up time!

I know some of these pictures are not the same, but that is because I lost 10kg, no seriously though, not the best at taking pictures.

Almost forgot, ALWAYS TRAIN WITH INTENSITY! Your mind will try and mess with you, trying to convince you that you don't have power, but you do, I've built a lot of strength during this cut
    Squat was 120kg, now 132kg
    Deadlift was 135kg, now is 147kg
    Military press was 58kg, now is 65kg
    Bench press was 80kg, now is 105kg
    Weighted dips was 0kg, now is 40kg for 5
    Weighted chin ups was 0kg, now 40kg for 5
    I always train fasted, just feels right.

Losing strength or muscle during a cut, is only going to happen if you don't give your body a reason to keep fighting, or you are under 10% (but I've never been under 10% so can't be sure)

I think I reached 11-12%, not quite 10%
    Time to lean bulk, I'll post pictures every 2 weeks now, and hopefully by next January, I'll be at my genetic potential (physique wise)
    Attached Images

jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good job OP, however Id doubt you squat 132 kg. How deep are they?
    http://instagram.com/koksalcanberk

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jnbrk View Post
    Parallel and that is my absolute max, I don't attempt it every week. If you can't squat at least parallel, it isn't a squat in my opinion. Squat 120kg for 5 example, I wouldn't go over 120kgx10, I honestly hate doing 1RM, but just saying that is mine. Size does not mean strength, and strength does not mean size.
    Last edited by Junsuiakai; 04-09-2016 at 07:18 AM.

What is your 1rm, that makes it so hard to believe of mine?

MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Haha why not... I can squat 135kgs for 3 reps at 72kgs arse to the ground full squat in a cal deficit and I'm natty. So ops squat is not un realistic at all.

Nice job op looking good and I think 10 weeks is fast not slow takes me alot longer to cut down I tend to binge to much and that obviously puts you back several days when it happens.

Op are you around 5ft 9?
    Start of my diet 03/06/2014 - 189.5lbs 25-30% BF

Originally Posted by MilkyQuaver View Post
    Haha why not... I can squat 135kgs for 3 reps at 72kgs arse to the ground full squat in a cal deficit and I'm natty. So ops squat is not un realistic at all.

Nice job op looking good and I think 10 weeks is fast not slow takes me alot longer to cut down I tend to binge to much and that obviously puts you back several days when it happens.

Op are you around 5ft 9?
    Yes, I'm 174cm = 5'8(1/2)

MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    Yes, I'm 174cm = 5'8(1/2)
    Yeah thought so not that it has anything to do with anything just we are similar weight and bf% and build so guessed you were my height as well ha

Nice work!

Yeah thought so not that it has anything to do with anything just we are similar weight and bf% and build so guessed you were my height as well ha

Nice work!
    Same age too, my goal is 80kg at 10%, what about you?

Same age too, my goal is 80kg at 10%, what about you?
    My long term goal is 77kgs around 10%

77kgs is when I took my first ever picture so would be nice to get back to that weight but be lean!!

Are you diving straight into a bulk or maintaining for awhile?

My long term goal is 77kgs around 10%

77kgs is when I took my first ever picture so would be nice to get back to that weight but be lean!!

Are you diving straight into a bulk or maintaining for awhile?
    Maintenance for a week max, I think is enough, then up to 3,000-,3,100 calories, I let my macros dictate my calories, 180p, 100-150f, then rest carbs. I plan on gaining fat of course, but cutting is so easy, I don't really care about gaining a few pounds, so probably bulk up to 85-88kg, then cut to 80kg, then maintain forever! I've been training 3 years in sept, but first year I half-assed everything, start of second year, I was better, but still making excuses, middle of second year, I told myself, no more excuses. I didn't count macros, until 10 weeks ago, but I always made sure I had a lot of protein, everything else was secondary. I didn't optimize my progress and now I kind of am kicking myself, but at the same time. I liked learning everything myself, without any outside guidance.

Choccy13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choccy13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choccy13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choccy13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choccy13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choccy13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choccy13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choccy13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choccy13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choccy13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Choccy13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was exactly the same to start with, my target looked like it was around 20 weeks away. Once I started getting strict it became a lot easier, and I soon lost a lot of weight quicker than I thought. So now I've upped my calories a bit and worry a little less now. I think the main thing for me now is that I know I can do it, when I want to do it. It's me in control of my nutrition, so if I fancy a beer, I'll have a beer. Because I know a few beers will no derail me.

My main target will be upping my lifts to add a bit of strength.

Choccy...

Originally Posted by Choccy13 View Post
    I was exactly the same to start with, my target looked like it was around 20 weeks away. Once I started getting strict it became a lot easier, and I soon lost a lot of weight quicker than I thought. So now I've upped my calories a bit and worry a little less now. I think the main thing for me now is that I know I can do it, when I want to do it. It's me in control of my nutrition, so if I fancy a beer, I'll have a beer. Because I know a few beers will no derail me.

My main target will be upping my lifts to add a bit of strength.

Choccy...
    Exactly! This is a personal journey, don't ever feel like you are forcing it.

Highly recommend adding, weighted dips/chin ups, huge strength increases, I do them 2x a week each, 3-5 reps

Maintenance for a week max, I think is enough, then up to 3,000-,3,100 calories, I let my macros dictate my calories, 180p, 100-150f, then rest carbs. I plan on gaining fat of course, but cutting is so easy, I don't really care about gaining a few pounds, so probably bulk up to 85-88kg, then cut to 80kg, then maintain forever! I've been training 3 years in sept, but first year I half-assed everything, start of second year, I was better, but still making excuses, middle of second year, I told myself, no more excuses. I didn't count macros, until 10 weeks ago, but I always made sure I had a lot of protein, everything else was secondary. I didn't optimize my progress and now I kind of am kicking myself, but at the same time. I liked learning everything myself, without any outside guidance.
    Nice plan bud.

I struggle with the gaining fat side of bulking I love to be lean... I'll be keeping an eye on your progress for sure!

I'm excited to find out

oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm excited to find out
    I've been following your progress since you began the cut. You've done great work man. Repped

Originally Posted by oncewasinshape View Post
    I've been following your progress since you began the cut. You've done great work man. Repped
    Thanks, now it is time to lean bulk!

Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Losing strength or muscle during a cut, is only going to happen if you don't give your body a reason to keep fighting, or you are under 10% (but I've never been under 10% so can't be sure)
    First off, good job, OP, on the transformation!

Second off, the above statement I don't entirely believe in. It's not unusual to lose strength or LBM during a cut. For those who aren't seeing "noob gains" still will lose strength / LBM no matter how much protein they eat or how heavy they lift.
    New England Patriot
    MISC Dynasty League Champion 2018

jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jnbrk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Parallel and that is my absolute max, I don't attempt it every week. If you can't squat at least parallel, it isn't a squat in my opinion. Squat 120kg for 5 example, I wouldn't go over 120kgx10, I honestly hate doing 1RM, but just saying that is mine. Size does not mean strength, and strength does not mean size.
    What is your 1rm, that makes it so hard to believe of mine?
    Strength and size are VERY close to each other. They are not different like many people think. My legs are bigger than yours, and I'm 20 lbs heavier than you. However I can squat 120kg for 6 reps.

How is your form?

Originally Posted by Tyler2106 View Post

Second off, the above statement I don't entirely believe in. It's not unusual to lose strength or LBM during a cut. For those who aren't seeing "noob gains" still will lose strength / LBM no matter how much protein they eat or how heavy they lift.
    If one does not train to failure, have around 1,2-1,4 g of protein per pound of bodyweight, have sufficient amount of micronutrients, decrease volume and frequency, and lose relatively slow weight; I think it's possible not to lose strength.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If one does not train to failure, have around 1,2-1,4 g of protein per pound of bodyweight, have sufficient amount of micronutrients, decrease volume and frequency, and lose relatively slow weight; I think it's possible not to lose strength.
    If you are into the advanced stage then you are going to lose strength eventually on a cut, takes me about 4-6 weeks before I notice strength loss on compounds but it's gonna happen, unless you cut at a extremely low rate which is a total waste of time.

Beginners and intermediates/novice have far bigger leeway in terms of CNS adaptions so they can get away with no losing strength as CNS keeps becoming more efficient even when recovery/glycogen is low.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

You are 20lbs heavier and 4 inches taller do the math you are small for your height

Don't be skeptical because your strength is less than mine. Own what you are and be proud. Don't be jealous, it doesn't make you look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8XKNTJa0iM

and I repeat, strength does not mean size, and size does not mean strength, look at Rich Piana, he curls with only 10lbs?

Just accept the truth that you aren't as big as you think you are, and change that, focus on yourself, not others, you will go a lot farther.

Before you accuse me of claiming I'm big or something. I'm not claiming anything. I am me, and nobody else, I accept me, and only work out for me. My journey is my own, and I do not judge others, or try and strive to be better than others. I love myself, and have my own goals. If somebody told me they squat over 150kg, I would not question them, I would applaud them. Only they know the truth, as I know my truths, and I really don't care if anybody believes me or not, because I do this for myself, not for anybody else.
    Last edited by Junsuiakai; 04-10-2016 at 04:28 AM.

Originally Posted by Tyler2106 View Post

I haven't experienced it yet, so only speaking from personal experience, but I do believe you. Perhaps next year on my final cut, ill experience it.

I did however cut my training frequency in half during the cut.

You are 20lbs heavier and 4 inches taller do the math you are small for your height

Don't be skeptical because your strength is less than mine. Own what you are and be proud. Don't be jealous, it doesn't make you look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8XKNTJa0iM

and I repeat, strength does not mean size, and size does not mean strength, look at Rich Piana, he curls with only 10lbs?

Just accept the truth that you aren't as big as you think you are, and change that, focus on yourself, not others, you will go a lot farther.

Before you accuse me of claiming I'm big or something. I'm not claiming anything. I am me, and nobody else, I accept me, and only work out for me. My journey is my own, and I do not judge others, or try and strive to be better than others. I love myself, and have my own goals. If somebody told me they squat over 150kg, I would not question them, I would applaud them. Only they know the truth, as I know my truths, and I really don't care if anybody believes me or not, because I do this for myself, not for anybody else.
    Lmao chill out dude where did I say you claim youre big

I was being preemptive and we are cool man.

This was me in April 2013, before I knew what a dead lift was.
    Attached Images

Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beerculez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What was your lifting routine like? That is some seriously good strength progress considerng you lost 9 kgs.

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    If you are into the advanced stage then you are going to lose strength eventually on a cut, takes me about 4-6 weeks before I notice strength loss on compounds but it's gonna happen, unless you cut at a extremely low rate which is a total waste of time.

Beginners and intermediates/novice have far bigger leeway in terms of CNS adaptions so they can get away with no losing strength as CNS keeps becoming more efficient even when recovery/glycogen is low.
    What do you think is a good rate of weekly weight loss? Assuming the person is below 15% bf looking to get to 8-9%.
    Shreds > cheats

Originally Posted by Beerculez View Post
    What was your lifting routine like? That is some seriously good strength progress considerng you lost 9 kgs.

What do you think is a good rate of weekly weight loss? Assuming the person is below 15% bf looking to get to 8-9%.
    I use wendler's 5/3/1, 2 days on, 1 day off, always do body building style accessory work followed by weighted dips or chins, then abs or obliques, for instance, Deadlift day, use wendler, then do 2-3 extra sets at the heaviest, then follow up by 3-5 sets (always switch it up 3x8, 5x10, 4x12) of primary accessory work, such as, deficit deadlifts. then do 3-5 different exercises (normally super set) of 8-12 reps. so I super set 12 wide-grip pull ups, with 8-12 seated rows, then super set, one-arm dumbbell row, with heavy weight, where I could only do 8 reps, with lower weight, where I could hit 12 reps. My workout routine is unique for me, but writing it out is making it sound complicated. After that I did 3x3 of 40kg dips, then 2-3 sets of abs, 8-12 reps. I don't work too much on abs each session, since I hit them 2x a week, I feel like the volume is plenty.

So to recap, I use wendler 5/3/1, and accessories, weighted dips/chins, and oblique/abs

I use wendler to keep track of progress on strength only. I know you aren't supposed to use it unless you can lift over 400+ lbs in most of your lifts, but it works for me.
    Last edited by Junsuiakai; 04-10-2016 at 02:20 PM.

DarGwynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarGwynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarGwynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarGwynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarGwynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarGwynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarGwynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarGwynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarGwynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarGwynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarGwynn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some people is just naturally good at squat. OP's stats is not out of this world. I weighed ~165 lbs last time attempted 1rm and did 375 lbs/170 kgs below parallel squat, granted I only do low bar.
    US Navy Brah
    *Get aesthetic or die mirin' crew*
    *Chipotle double chicken crew*
    *Cutting with fast food crew*

B: 225
    S: 405
    D: too much of a ******* to do deads

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Znik View Post

This exactly. An intermediate to advanced trainee cutting from 10% into singles is a lot different then someone who is 20+%, new to lifting and cutting. In my experience, you WILL loose at least some strength on compounds getting into singles and anyone who tells you you won't is lying to you. Plus even if you do loose some strength on a cut who cares (as long as you aren't loosing 50-100lbs on compounds lol) as that will easily come back and then some once increasing calories/carbs again.
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

Originally Posted by DarGwynn View Post
    Some people is just naturally good at squat. OP's stats is not out of this world. I weighed ~165 lbs last time attempted 1rm and did 375 lbs/170 kgs below parallel squat, granted I only do low bar.
    132kg isn't even a lot. I'm kind of ashamed it isn't 140+ after how long I've been training, I could do 100kg x8, 2 years ago, progressing on squat is only hard because I don't fully trust myself.

I did 140kg deadlift x5, 3 sets yesterday and it was incredibly easy, no straps or chalk. In my opinion,y squat is low