minimullins024 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minimullins024 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minimullins024 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minimullins024 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minimullins024 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minimullins024 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minimullins024 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minimullins024 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minimullins024 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minimullins024 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minimullins024 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Please review my HIIT routine with heart rate

Let say I am on a fan-bike, and i am going HIIT on it.... I slowly paddle 2minute and my heart rate goes to 120, then I go fast as i can for 30sec, and I get my heart rate to 170... AFTER THAT FAST 30SEC, will it be JUST AS GOOD if I just dont paddle and until my heart rate goes back to 120 OR just do the speed I did before i went fast as i can?

I am wondering that because if you go FASTTTTT to slow and your heart rate doesnt RESTART in 1second.. it will just slow its way down... soo in my thought you will burn ABOUT the same amount of calories with about same benefits

I been thinking about doing that... That I see people thoughts

THANKS

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by minimullins024 View Post
    Let say I am on a fan-bike, and i am going HIIT on it.... I slowly paddle 2minute and my heart rate goes to 120, then I go fast as i can for 30sec, and I get my heart rate to 170... AFTER THAT FAST 30SEC, will it be JUST AS GOOD if I just dont paddle and until my heart rate goes back to 120 OR just do the speed I did before i went fast as i can?

I am wondering that because if you go FASTTTTT to slow and your heart rate doesnt RESTART in 1second.. it will just slow its way down... soo in my thought you will burn ABOUT the same amount of calories with about same benefits

I been thinking about doing that... That I see people thoughts

THANKS
    Calories Burned

Research compared the amount of calories burned with High Intensity Interval Training and Steady State Low Intensity Training (basically walking for a long period).

The results was that more calories were burned in the Steady State Low Intensity Training program than the High Intensity Interval Training.

Fat Burned

The irony was the High Intensity Interval Training Program burned more bodyfat (up to 9 time more) than Steady State.

Excess Oxygen Consumption

High Intensity Interval Training increased one's metabolism for hours after the training session due to Excess Post Oxygen Consumption.

EPOC is like overcharging your credit card and paying it back over time. You are charged interest. That means you end up paying back more than you borrowed.

That is exactly what EPOC is.

Answering Your Question

While the amount of calories burned in a training session should be considered; what more important is the Post Training Effect.

A metabolism that is jacked up hours after your training session is the main component in burning body fat/calories.

Intensity

The key to HIIT is the intensity.

Think of intensity as heating water up on the stove.

The higher you heat the water, the longer it take to cool down.

The same applies with training Intensity.

The higher the intensity of your training, the higher your metabolism (hotter the water) and the longer your burn fat/calories (the longer the water takes to cool down).

Summary

Post Workout Metabolism is more important than the number of calories burned during a training session.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think it's important to keep pedaling during the resting (or lower intensity) portion -- you're building more than just your cardio endurance, you also want to improve the arterial function to, and the vascular function from the extremities -- which will be done by keeping them moving during that time. Going from all-out, intense spinning to just idly sitting probably isn't the greatest. Keep the legs moving. Your gastroc and your soleus also acts as pumps to help evacuate the increased bloodflow from the lower extremities with each stroke as well. Depending on your condition, if your all-out is 90 cadence (or rpm), I'd be looking to do 60 cadence during the low intensity portions. If you're spinning out at 140/150 during the high intensity, I'd be looking to keep a cadence of 70-80 during your low intensity. Even when climbing, a lower cadence will result in a lower heart rate when compared to a higher cadence and a lower gear (resistance level).