Parkthebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscles Spasms & Pain During Lift?

Happens when doing triceps. Keep getting spasms just above my elbow on my left arm and pain in my right. The spasms don't hurt but it feels like a muscle is popping out and then back into place which is worrying and uncomfortable. The pain is not the usual soreness from lifting weight pain, more of a sharp sensation. Are either of these normal?

deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000) deapee is just really nice. (+1000)
    If it's only occurring during physical exertion, as you state, then I'd say it's related to that physical exertion. The spasms I wouldn't worry one bit about. The pain I would worry about if it were above like a 3/10. If the pain only exists during the act of working out your triceps, then maybe you need to take it easy on them for a while -- or pay closer attention to what your body is telling you -- we tend to put our joints in very precarious positions sometimes while working out. Watching some people workout, I'm surprised more people aren't in constant pain while working out.

That being said -- spasms, even if they continue after physical exertion, are usually nothing to worry about -- especially if they are localized. If they are ocurring at different places over your body, it could indicate a neuromuscular condition.

Either way, why not make a quick appointment at your doctor's office and bring the concerns to their attention? Chances are it's nothing at all, but it will help ease your mind. Don't be surprised if you walk out of there with a prescription for ibuprofen and told to rest, however though.