Thread: Strength/Mass

Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Strength/Mass

hey BB, i was wondering if i could get some help. correct me if i'm wrong of course - low reps and heavy weights = strength, and high reps lower weights = mass. So does that mean you wouldn't get that much mass on the 5X5 prog? Because i've been doing it and i've noticed i've been getting stronger but did not put on much mass.
    I'm thinking of cutting in april but i wuold like to get lean muscle/or put on some mass. Does anyone have any specific good programs for this before i cut? thanks for the help

-TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000)
    add more calories

Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i did, started getting fat. i don't eat junk food or fast food or drink or any of that crap either.

crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crawford62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Who cares if you put on a little fat? You said it yourself, you're cutting in April. It's near impossible to add mass without some fat.

yeah i know a little fat is nothing i've been bulking since sept. its just that with rippetoes and 5X5 i havnt' seen much mass just strength gains. So i should i switch to a routine where you do lighter weights but more reps?

yeah i know a little fat is nothing i've been bulking since sept. its just that with rippetoes and 5X5 i havnt' seen much mass gains, just strength gains. So should i switch to a routine where you do lighter weights but more reps? If so do you guys know of any good routines?

tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ripptoe's is called "starting strength" not "starting mass" for a reason. How much weight have you gained?

yep i realized that thats why i switched to bill starrs. I've went from 145-150 to 170-175. good?

Above Omnipotence Above Existence's Avatar
    Above Existence is not very well liked. (-100) Above Existence is not very well liked. (-100) Above Existence is not very well liked. (-100) Above Existence is not very well liked. (-100) Above Existence is not very well liked. (-100) Above Existence is not very well liked. (-100) Above Existence is not very well liked. (-100) Above Existence is not very well liked. (-100) Above Existence is not very well liked. (-100) Above Existence is not very well liked. (-100) Above Existence is not very well liked. (-100)
    Do your low-reps heavy weights first, then do your high-reps light weights last. It works for me so hopefully it'll work for you. And have your calorie intake high, 3,000 and up.
    bull**** removed

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Grand_Hustle View Post
    yep i realized that thats why i switched to bill starrs. I've went from 145-150 to 170-175. good?
    Not bad. You want to stay in the 5-10 rep range for mass. See attached PDF file.
    Attached Files
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

alright thanks for the help everyone