Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Locking out hips too soon in the deadlift

So,i have this problem when i deadlift. I lock out my hips first and then my back gets to pull the weight,its not like that im rounding the back,it just turns into more of a stifflegged deadlift than a deadlift.

Should i add some accessory exercises like hyperextensions,goodmornings etc?

How do i solve this problem?

vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cyder00 View Post
    So,i have this problem when i deadlift. I lock out my hips first and then my back gets to pull the weight,its not like that im rounding the back,it just turns into more of a stifflegged deadlift than a deadlift.

Should i add some accessory exercises like hyperextensions,goodmornings etc?

How do i solve this problem?
    your hips are shooting up too soon because your quads are weak and your posterior chain (glutes, hamstrings and lower back) is a lot stronger. Placing a heavier emphasis on your posterior chain by doing good mornings and hyperextensions wont solve your problem. To solve this issue start training and emphasizing a lot more on your quads- do more front squats, leg extensions, lunges and needless to say, SQUAT! Of course it is a given that you shouldn't neglect training or isolating your posterior chain during this time, but place a heavier emphasis on your quads.

Your hips only shoot up and lock out first because your quads are weak and your posterior chain is kicking in to compensate.

BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BradCathie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I daresay it's actually a posterior chain weakness, mostly in regards to the glutes and the reason your hips are shooting up is because they can't maintain that bottom position causing your back to do a lot of the work.

When you're lifting heavy weight, especially deadlifting, it's easy to just yank the bar and let your body do what it wants to get the weight up. The challenge is in maintaining your position.

Usually if you have weak glutes you'll also have issues with your knees coming inwards on your squat. Good exercises for your glutes can be stiff-legged deadlifts (focusing on forcing your hips forward) and pause squats. Chuck in some bodyweight glute bridges inbetween sets to really activate your posterior and get that motor pattern down.
    Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168292533&p=1378041213#post1378041213
    ---
    ☢☢☢☢ Tall Guy Crew ☢☢☢☢
    ☆☆☆MISC INK CREW☆☆☆

Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyder00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vkai997 View Post
    your hips are shooting up too soon because your quads are weak and your posterior chain (glutes, hamstrings and lower back) is a lot stronger. Placing a heavier emphasis on your posterior chain by doing good mornings and hyperextensions wont solve your problem. To solve this issue start training and emphasizing a lot more on your quads- do more front squats, leg extensions, lunges and needless to say, SQUAT! Of course it is a given that you shouldn't neglect training or isolating your posterior chain during this time, but place a heavier emphasis on your quads.

Your hips only shoot up and lock out first because your quads are weak and your posterior chain is kicking in to compensate.
    Should i stay away from heavy deadlifts until my quads are strong enough?

And you're right,my quads are super small while my glutes are very big and my hamstrings are very strong. So i should start to add alot of volume into my quads and drop the volume for my hamstrings and glutes a little bit?

vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vkai997 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cyder00 View Post
    Should i stay away from heavy deadlifts until my quads are strong enough?

And you're right,my quads are super small while my glutes are very big and my hamstrings are very strong. So i should start to add alot of volume into my quads and drop the volume for my hamstrings and glutes a little bit?
    no keep doing them, no reason to stop at all. Just work on your quads a lot more i.e turn up the training volume. I have a similar problem but I'm still deadlifting heavy, the only thing I'm doing different is more quad work - front squats, high bar squats (I squat High bar either way), lunges and leg extensions.