M1ke323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M1ke323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M1ke323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M1ke323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M1ke323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M1ke323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M1ke323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M1ke323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M1ke323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M1ke323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M1ke323 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

deadlifts = wide waist?

I read once that it is not ideal for bodybuilders to perform deadlifts becuase it builds up the lower back to much and makes the waist wider. I can't remember where I read this. Is this at all true? I love deadlifts but i think i would have to give them up if they increased my waist size.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer!" - Arnold

Stats:
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 200lbs
    BF: roughly 12%

Lifts:
    Squat: (315 x 8-10) or (275 x 20) I don't max out really
    Deadlift: (365 x 12)
    Incline Bench: (245 x 8)

nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i don't see how it would widen your waist.

deadlifts are very important and should definitely include them in your routine.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    the only thing that widens the appearance of your waist is fat...nothing else

TIGER _ EYED will become famous soon enough. (+50) TIGER _ EYED will become famous soon enough. (+50) TIGER _ EYED will become famous soon enough. (+50) TIGER _ EYED will become famous soon enough. (+50) TIGER _ EYED will become famous soon enough. (+50) TIGER _ EYED will become famous soon enough. (+50) TIGER _ EYED will become famous soon enough. (+50) TIGER _ EYED will become famous soon enough. (+50) TIGER _ EYED will become famous soon enough. (+50) TIGER _ EYED will become famous soon enough. (+50) TIGER _ EYED will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    deadlifts don't "widen" ur waist, you should definitely be doing them.
    - the brave don't live forever but the cowardly never really live.......

- pain is temporary, pride is forever....

SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SquatKing is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    They kinda build your obliques but my no means make u wider.

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: deadlifts = wide waist?

Originally posted by M1ke323
    I read once that it is not ideal for bodybuilders to perform deadlifts becuase it builds up the lower back to much and makes the waist wider. I can't remember where I read this. Is this at all true? I love deadlifts but i think i would have to give them up if they increased my waist size.
    You must have f*cked up skeletal structure to have the lower back at your sides ...

nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: Re: deadlifts = wide waist?

Originally posted by EAE
    You must have f*cked up skeletal structure to have the lower back at your sides ...
    ROFL

i thought the same thing but then i thought that obliques would be used for stabilizing

Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bodybuilder - Cottrell, Porter says that he doesnt do squats because he wants to keep his waist down. He said he is not a powerlifter, he doenst need to do that.

Of The Clan Of Christ. Uber-neggR's Avatar
    Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)
    they do 'thicken' the waist, but don't be excpexting 2" gains on them.
    Isaiah 43:2: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Liquid
    Bodybuilder - Cottrell, Porter says that he doesnt do squats because he wants to keep his waist down. He said he is not a powerlifter, he doenst need to do that.
    He is an idiot.
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by nosliw
    i don't see how it would widen your waist.

deadlifts are very important and should definitely include them in your routine.
    bump....

htownsb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htownsb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htownsb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been deadlifting and hittin my obliques pretty hard and that hasn't messed up my waist. I admit my waist got 1 inch bigger but my waist dont jiggle and even tho I'm bulking my waist is only 30 inches cuase my abs keep it in the whole time. Deadlifts work ur external obliques which go over ur hip and girls go crzy over.

ChinBo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maybe not ur waist as much as ur ass. That might bump up a couple pants sizes if u are deadlifting a lot.
    N.B.S. ... u know who u are ...

Agile, Mobile and Hostile MYNAMEIZGREG's Avatar
    MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Or he's a pussy who doesn't want to do squats because they hurt .
    Making it my job to educate the younguns...
    --------------------------
    You didn't come here to make the choice. You've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it.

Message Board King holyshinto63's Avatar
    holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah i would never listen to that person again...
    and what exactly is a dream, and what exactly is a joke?