Elfpossum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Barely making any size gains

Hello!
    I have some concerns about the size gains I've been making, or lack there of. I've been serious about lifting for a little over half a year now, although I've been lifting for about a year.
    My first progress pics were taken August 31st, then I'd take pics every other Monday before my workout.
    Basically before I got serious and some more knowledge I was on a bro split, but then I started a U/L split that I saw decent results with at first but then it started wearing me down and I started losing energy and motivation. That's when I got on Viking's warrior programme which I've been having a lot of fun with, I took progress pics when I started it and then figured I'd wait for 3 months before taking the next pictures. I took some yesterday, 2 months after starting it and honestly I don't see a whole lot of physical change between those and my first pictures half a year ago. Maybe some minor changes but nothing significant. It's starting to really demotivate me actually.
    I feel like I've gotten a bit bigger, but idk? The pics don't show me much.
    I've been making strength gains for sure though.
    I understand it's a work in progress and it might take a while, but surely there should be some more noticeable changes. Especially when seeing all the progress pics on here and whatnot, really ****ing up my motivation.
    I've always been small and have always had a hard time putting on weight, so that could very well be slowing me down I guess. That's what I'm telling my self anyway lol.

I'll be 22 in a few weeks. 5'7, ~143lbs.
    This is what I eat throughout the day:
    4:45am – Fruit and peanut butter
    -Workout-
    ~6:45-7am – 4-5 eggs with kale or spinach.
    (Sometimes a bowl of cereal or something before heading to school, an hour after I eat my post workout meal)
    10:15am – Snack usually consisting of fruit or a shake or something. Sometimes both
    12pm – Potatoes with fish or chicken, BBQ sauce. Some veg. Sometimes a snack as well.
    4pm – Cup of oats with protein powder mixed in. Sometimes a can of tuna as well depending on lunch and the day's physical activities.
    7-8pm – Bowl of cereal or sandwiches with a shake or greek yoghurt with protein powder mixed in.
    Bed time at 9pm.
    I drink at least 3L (101.4oz) daily.

AnonymousBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnonymousBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnonymousBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnonymousBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnonymousBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnonymousBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnonymousBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnonymousBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnonymousBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnonymousBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AnonymousBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    try having more steak, potatoes and youre working out really early (although for some people that is the best time for them). i personally work out at about 7pm, get a good pump and can feel alot fuller due to the foods ive been eating - lift heavier (or its a mind thing).

also when i started i was doing 8x3 for basically everything and lifting as heavy as possible while controlling the weight/form.

your strength gains are proof youre doing something right, just keep at it and have patience :P gains will come.
    Natty lifting.

Honestly I'm not a fan of beef and pork etc. so I stick to fish and chicken/turkey.
    I prefer lifting in the morning, I feel like I have more focus then. I'm too tired to workout in the evening anyway, I walk to and from school, which is like a 1h 30-40m walk total.
    Yeah, it's just people talking about the newb gains, where are mine?? Lol
    Well sure, I have gained some size, but now it's really slowed down big time... Thinking of maybe trying higher reps for a little while and see if maybe I'll react better to that. 10-15 instead of 8-12.

Anyone got any things I could try to see if that'll speed things on a little bit? If possible

Ztime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man I have about the same stats as you in weight and height. And feel like I've stopped in some gains as well. Feel free to message me sometime if you want to start a new program or something to keep each other accountable as we progress