Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2136

Thread: Laser Focus

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow, I was really understating it when I said it required a lot of patience, and endurance. I couldn't imagine grappling with someone for two hours, I'd be exhausted!

Way to beat up the noob! Lol. I'm kidding of course, I have no room to talk given I'd have to catch my breath just walking to the mat. >.<
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Wow, I was really understating it when I said it required a lot of patience, and endurance. I couldn't imagine grappling with someone for two hours, I'd be exhausted!

Way to beat up the noob! Lol. I'm kidding of course, I have no room to talk given I'd have to catch my breath just walking to the mat. >.<
    Haha, I doubt that. I think a lot of newer people get out of breath mostly because they panic at being trapped under someone, tbh. It's not that the cardio is necessarily so intense unless you make it that way on purpose. The girl I was fighting was just going WAY hard, like competition-style, and gassing herself out.

Most matches do not last two hours. Submission-only is fun that way, though. My next tournament will be back to the set time limit and points for position format. Both are good practice, but so far I've had more fun with sub-only.

Decent training today but kind of annoying in that I bruised the absolute chit out of my knees... really hurts. I need to wear knee pads when I go back to train and probably wear them more regularly in general, which is inconvenient. Oh well. I arm barred a blue belt three times and then also bow-and-arrow choked him, not sure what was up there, think he just has lousy fitness and hasn't been practicing. I also rolled with two newcomers to the gym who are female blue belts and had a great time, did pretty darn well too. And rolled with my new friend this blue belt guy who will do crazy acrobatic things with me. I tried cartwheeling over him from dogfight like in wrestling. But he was too good at defending and didn't let me establish the headlock. Oh well.

BJJ--2 hours
    Level 2 gi
    z-guard pass: grab their pant by the knee after threading arm under top leg. Grab lapel on far side (nearer to the floor) and plant head in their other shoulder. Kick leg out from inside their z guard, pull their leg flat with pant grip, and circle to pass, going first toward the head then back toward the knee to flatten them out.

6 x 2:30 specific training, 3 x 5:00 regular training

Advanced 1 nogi
    Escaping side control attempt
    start with shielding and if they pass with legs toward your head, fight to sit up and push them away, then get feet out or in for butterfly hooks. Or if they switch to body lock, do the same thing as yesterday and get elbow and hooks in.

Specific training 4 x 1-2:00, regular training 4 x 5:00
    Knees very bruised so sat a couple of rounds out or played bottom, stupid knees. Had some good rounds earlier.

Super hungry/tired day so I ate extra protein, also spaced my meals slightly closer together (3-4 hours). Better energy that way.

2190 cal, 240C/195P/60F

I know that protein seems insane but I was craving it like mad! I also weighed in at 145.0 this morning and so that was cool. Pretty sure it means I'm ok for middleweight but I still want to keep dropping half a pound a week or so. That way I can also manage the 145 division in nogi without cutting water or anything for when I decide to do nogi.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pesky knee bruising. Hope it gets better. The protein only sounds crazy cause most days I struggle to get above 80 grams. Something I've said I should work on for the past 2 years. Easy solution would be eat more meat but eh, the effort and such. I do have chicken in the fridge once I take the time to cook it.

Just realized I weigh as much as you right now. Or well, a couple of lbs more but still close.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Pesky knee bruising. Hope it gets better. The protein only sounds crazy cause most days I struggle to get above 80 grams. Something I've said I should work on for the past 2 years. Easy solution would be eat more meat but eh, the effort and such. I do have chicken in the fridge once I take the time to cook it.

Just realized I weigh as much as you right now. Or well, a couple of lbs more but still close.

I definitely prioritize animal proteins and meat. I eat some form of animal protein at just about every meal/snack and it's the only realistic way for me to stay satiated... I don't know how vegetarians survive.

If you did BJJ we'd be in the same weight class and would get to fight. :P

So yeah, I ate a bunch of protein again today and it was just... one of those days when my hunger felt constant. I'd finish a meal and IMMEDIATELY be hungry again. I think my body is fatigued, so I allowed myself to eat up to roughly maintenance. Also it was a rest day, so I should be well-fueled for three hours of BJJ tomorrow. I'll probably drop my protein back to something more normal for me now that I've, idk, caught up? to myself. This happens sometimes, when I just train so hard I need a day of higher cals.

2500 cal, 278C/201P/78F

Breakfast was the usual, snack was tuna, potato, and some nuts, lunch was vegetable soup and steak, snack again was cottage cheese and two wasa crackers, and dinner was chickpea stew with turkey, avocado, and cauliflower rice. So, you know, all healthy stuff and I have to trust that if I was that hungry I should just eat and let my body recover.

Knees feel better but I'm going to wear knee pads tomorrow.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have no room to talk given I'd have to catch my breath just walking to the mat. >.<
    ::walks halfway to the mat:: "Guys I need a Gatorade NOW!"

That's insane there was a fight that went on for 2 HOURS!! That's gotta be pure exhaustion by the end of that, probably even some sprains and strains from the stress of that, jeez.

WTF you're 145. Man I need to move back to 160s, did not realize we were so close in wt. Mirin' protein. I think I need to add an extra protein shake in the morning to get mine up there around 200g, it is bulking season after all.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    prioritize animal proteins and meat. I eat some form of animal protein at just about every meal/snack and it's the only realistic way for me to stay satiated... I don't know how vegetarians survive.

Totally agree, I love my meat foods
    Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles. Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post

That's insane there was a fight that went on for 2 HOURS!! That's gotta be pure exhaustion by the end of that, probably even some sprains and strains from the stress of that, jeez.

WTF you're 145. Man I need to move back to 160s, did not realize we were so close in wt. Mirin' protein. I think I need to add an extra protein shake in the morning to get mine up there around 200g, it is bulking season after all.
    You guys are making me a little insecure about my weight! -_- agh. Why does it matter if we're the same size?

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    Totally agree, I love my meat foods
    Yeah, unlike Hammy I don't get any of my protein from protein shakes, even, all just real food.

Kind of came back to bite me today... had a really upset stomach :/ bleh. I guess just too much fiber and protein yesterday. I ate less today to try to even things out some. My knees are also still messed up, though I wore knee pads to BJJ, which helped somewhat. Training was fine considering I felt like garbage. I even did a berimbolo! And some cool sweeps and a bunch of back takes and subs. I'm working on z-guard sweeps like the John Wayne/crowbar sweep and one that transitions into lasso guard.

BJJ--2 hours
    Open mat 1 hour
    10 x 5 min
    Took the back a lot, did a berimbolo and a dlr sweep, got loop choke and RNC

Advanced 1 gi
    Half guard pass
    Start with underhook on far side but then take other hand, walk it across, and grab armpit. Pull them toward you. Switch hips, move underhook hand to block their hips; scoot out until knee is free and shoulder pressure their face. Then back to underhook (?) And switch hips again to finish pass.

4 x 2:30 specific training, 4 x 5:00 regular
    Worked more from bottom and got good sweeps. Knees still bad.

Food... 2215 cal, 267C/136P/75F

One of the instructors who'd been on vacation said that I had improved a lot so that was cool.
    Downside of today... Rachel took me out to the ballet and I had to leave during intermission because I felt too sick.

Blargh.
    --Hubert Humphrey

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    You guys are making me a little insecure about my weight! -_- agh. Why does it matter if we're the same size?

Yeah, unlike Hammy I don't get any of my protein from protein shakes, even, all just real food.

Kind of came back to bite me today... had a really upset stomach :/ bleh. I guess just too much fiber and protein yesterday. I ate less today to try to even things out some. My knees are also still messed up, though I wore knee pads to BJJ, which helped somewhat. Training was fine considering I felt like garbage. I even did a berimbolo! And some cool sweeps and a bunch of back takes and subs. I'm working on z-guard sweeps like the John Wayne/crowbar sweep and one that transitions into lasso guard.

Food... 2215 cal, 267C/136P/75F

One of the instructors who'd been on vacation said that I had improved a lot so that was cool.
    Downside of today... Rachel took me out to the ballet and I had to leave during intermission because I felt too sick.

Blargh.

Aww, that is too bad about having to leave the ballet early. Hope you are feeling better.

I didn't mean anything by the same weight comment other than hey it's kinda interesting that right now some of us are the same weight. It's just one factor. Though if we're talking size I'm pretty sure you both are taller, not that it's hard to be taller than me lol. We have different shapes, approaches to training and calorie goals. Kind of interesting to see the way the same weight can also be very different.

I'm not a fan of protein shakes. I can do one on the rare occasion but that's about it. I'd rather have the solid food compared to the liquid and haven't really found any flavors that really get me to want to have them on any given day.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Aww, that is too bad about having to leave the ballet early. Hope you are feeling better.

I didn't mean anything by the same weight comment other than hey it's kinda interesting that right now some of us are the same weight. It's just one factor. Though if we're talking size I'm pretty sure you both are taller, not that it's hard to be taller than me lol. We have different shapes, approaches to training and calorie goals. Kind of interesting to see the way the same weight can also be very different.

I'm not a fan of protein shakes. I can do one on the rare occasion but that's about it. I'd rather have the solid food compared to the liquid and haven't really found any flavors that really get me to want to have them on any given day.
    I feel a little bit better today, thanks. I had some regular white pasta with dinner and that helped, I think. I haven't had pasta in months! Not that I'm so into it generally speaking but I really have been on a whole foods kick.

2215 cal, 272C/176P/54F were my food counts for today
    breakfast the usual, preworkout some plain potato and pineapple [for digestive enzymes], postworkout lunch was vegetable soup, steak, and 3 small plain rice cakes, dinner was chicken, cauliflower, black eye peas, and pasta in some tomato sauce

Anyway! Re: the weight, that makes sense--it is actually a very interesting comparison. Weight, alone, doesn't tell you a whole lot. You can even see this in BJJ competitions, which are grouped by weight. One competitor might be very tall and lanky, the other short and compact, and they may have totally different styles. I find those matches interesting to watch. In BJJ, though, as in wrestling, the skinny/lanky build typically loses to the more compact, shorter-limbed type. There are exceptions, but that's the general rule.

I didn't train BJJ today, but I did lift. I took longer breaks than usual as I was a bit weak and dizzy from electrolyte depletion or whatever following my stomach issues. Also, my knees are still quite sore; I'm fairly sure it is bursitis, but not terribly bad. I'll just take it a little bit easier this week.

Weights--1 hour
    usual warmup

Clean 75, 80, 85, 80, 85, 90 x 3 each
    Power Jerk 75, 80, 85, 80, 85, 90 x 3 each

BB reverse lunge 85, 95, 105, 115 x 6 each
    Cable row 65, 75, 85, 100 x 8 each

Back extension 4 x 10
    DB curl 22.5 10, 10, 9, 8

Core:
    Toe touches 3 x 20
    Reverse crunch 3 x 20
    Plank 3 x :45

Stretch

Went reasonably well, I'm pleased that 90lb didn't feel heavy for cleans or power jerks.
    --Hubert Humphrey

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome job on the cleans and jerks, 90 is good amount of wt to be throwing around on that stuff.
    And you guys who are too close to my wt make ME insecure about it, srs! I generally walk around assuming I'm at least 30lbs heavier than all other women around me (minus giant overweight people, but they don't lift so who cares.) One of my favorite parts of running summer races with tank tops is I look gigantic compared to the other women there, even compared to a lot of the serious runner men. I'd stay at 160 all year if it didn't put me in too hard of a weight class for the amrap competitions.

Regardless of wt SS you would certainly kick my ass in a fight. I got some brute strength on you but no real fighting skill, I'd be afraid to fight you.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Exactly. >.<
    That sucks, I'm glad you're feeling better though.
    Anyway! Re: the weight, that makes sense--it is actually a very interesting comparison. Weight, alone, doesn't tell you a whole lot. You can even see this in BJJ competitions, which are grouped by weight. One competitor might be very tall and lanky, the other short and compact, and they may have totally different styles. I find those matches interesting to watch. In BJJ, though, as in wrestling, the skinny/lanky build typically loses to the more compact, shorter-limbed type. There are exceptions, but that's the general rule.
    Seriously, ever see the site mybodygallery? You can enter in a height, weight, body shape, age (or any combination of them) and see how different people look.

I'm 5'9" and 140, and I have let's say unflattering body fat distribution, even ten pounds lighter it was the same. I'm not chitting on me for it, just speaking objectively I started very under-muscled, and have a ways to go still. It's amazing that there's women with the same stats who look like supermodels, who look fit and have abs, or just look evenly proportioned/average. Weight can tell you health risks if you're on the far side of the spectrum in either direction, but it's more or less just a tool to measure oneself, it's not a good tool for comparing to others.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Re: the weight, that makes sense--it is actually a very interesting comparison. Weight, alone, doesn't tell you a whole lot. You can even see this in BJJ competitions, which are grouped by weight. One competitor might be very tall and lanky, the other short and compact, and they may have totally different styles. I find those matches interesting to watch. In BJJ, though, as in wrestling, the skinny/lanky build typically loses to the more compact, shorter-limbed type. There are exceptions, but that's the general rule.

-

Went reasonably well, I'm pleased that 90lb didn't feel heavy for cleans or power jerks.

It's not all that different in powerlifting. My first meet I had a thin tall girl talk to me and she thought I was in the 123 weight class. Turned out we were both in 132 (I came in at 130 for my first meet).

Damn. 90 is great. I can get close on clean but no where near on jerk or snatch. That is a lot of weight to be throwing around, as Hobbes said.

Maybe I should try BJJ. Need some different things to try out this year beyond hot yoga and the like and it sound far more fun.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mirin that protein intake. I need to do a switcharoni with my macros and replace all fat in my diet on OMAD days.
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

Awesome job on the cleans and jerks, 90 is good amount of wt to be throwing around on that stuff.

And you guys who are too close to my wt make ME insecure about it, srs! I generally walk around assuming I'm at least 30lbs heavier than all other women around me (minus giant overweight people, but they don't lift so who cares.) One of my favorite parts of running summer races with tank tops is I look gigantic compared to the other women there, even compared to a lot of the serious runner men. I'd stay at 160 all year if it didn't put me in too hard of a weight class for the amrap competitions.

Regardless of wt SS you would certainly kick my ass in a fight. I got some brute strength on you but no real fighting skill, I'd be afraid to fight you.
    You'd still look gigantic next to me upper-body-wise, that's for sure. I'm trying so hard to grow my stupid arms and shoulders and they just don't keep up with my legs! But I'll get there. I am really happy with the clean and jerks and I did even heavier weight today, so hurrah! Also, I would never fight you, Hammy. Not unless, idk, you slapped me in the face and said you killed a chinchilla.

Exactly. >.<

That sucks, I'm glad you're feeling better though.

Seriously, ever see the site mybodygallery? You can enter in a height, weight, body shape, age (or any combination of them) and see how different people look.

I'm 5'9" and 140, and I have let's say unflattering body fat distribution, even ten pounds lighter it was the same. I'm not chitting on me for it, just speaking objectively I started very under-muscled, and have a ways to go still. It's amazing that there's women with the same stats who look like supermodels, who look fit and have abs, or just look evenly proportioned/average. Weight can tell you health risks if you're on the far side of the spectrum in either direction, but it's more or less just a tool to measure oneself, it's not a good tool for comparing to others.
    I have seen that site and it is fascinating. I was just talking about that with some BJJ girls, as well. Our pro MMA fighter is 130 pounds and a couple inches shorter than me, and she is absolutely ripped lean but also carris a lot of muscle. Then this other white belt girl is my height but I'd say up to 30lb lighter, just lacks a lot of muscle as she undereats (and admits this... she used to be heavier and is paranoid). I don't think you look as undermuscled as you think, Luna, because your lifts lately are looking great. I do think that I am looking ok at 145, where I am currently, and 5'6''--I mean, you guys have seen me in video; I think I look pretty good and lean right now, though I have some fat I still plan to lose. My frame is on the larger side and I appear to gain muscle without too much struggle. Well, relative to what it could be, it feels like struggle to me, lol.

It's not all that different in powerlifting. My first meet I had a thin tall girl talk to me and she thought I was in the 123 weight class. Turned out we were both in 132 (I came in at 130 for my first meet).

Damn. 90 is great. I can get close on clean but no where near on jerk or snatch. That is a lot of weight to be throwing around, as Hobbes said.

Maybe I should try BJJ. Need some different things to try out this year beyond hot yoga and the like and it sound far more fun.
    So did you beat her? (the taller girl). I hope you beat her :P

OMG IF YOU TRIED BJJ I WOULD LOSE MY MIND! I would teach you allll the things and show you all the best instructionals for new people. Plus, California is a hotbed of fantastic jiu jitsu academies. The only downside is the expense. :/ So check and see if anything looks viable in that regard. Also, having to do a ton of laundry with big heavy gis. Otherwise, it's changed my life and made me a better, happier person and gotten me into the best shape of my life so ya know?

Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    Mirin that protein intake. I need to do a switcharoni with my macros and replace all fat in my diet on OMAD days.
    Surely not ALL the fat. You still need some. Even I still eat some fat, despite lacking a "fat tooth". I have, however, come to appreciate a good t-bone or shell steak lately, along with avocado and nuts.

K I'm making this post just replies to comments because it got super long. Update on workouts coming up.
    --Hubert Humphrey

SO YEAH. I was exhausted yesterday but somehow did BJJ. I ate more calories to try to recover from some of this dreadful glurge, and yes, my stomach is feeling better though I still feel general malaise--throat, head, low energy. We'll see. I think it's passing? My knees are also still sore but not awful. I think I'll take tomorrow off training entirely and see if I really recover.

Yesterday:

BJJ--2 hours
    Level 2 nogi
    Butterfly sweep with one foot as hook and the otuer sliding down from hip to kick out knee as they try to smash pass. Also get overhook on arm and watch timing.
    Then pass half guard by getting underhook and switching hips then walking butt back to push their hips away.
    Also worked bottom position framing and recovering from half guard.

6 x 1-2:30 positional training, 3 x 5:00 regular

Advanced 1 gi
    Partner is in side control but with underhook and is chasing leg. Run around and grab their gi and pull back to keep them from escaping. Also yank to keep them from turtling and then take back.

12 x 30 second rounds, 4 x 1 min, 4 x 5 min regular training
    All kind of a blur tbh, trying to avoid my knees and played guard a lot, did some fun stuff and inversions again.

Food: 2400 cal, 282C/175P/75F

Today did lifting in the a.m. and then wrestling class in the p.m. My cardio was feeling shot (throat) so I didn't run to warm up for lifting, but the lifting itself went really well! Surprisingly so. I think I'm going to quit running as a warmup. Boo running. :P

Weights--1 hour
    Usual warmup, minus the run

Hang power clean x 2 to front squat to split jerk 80, 90, 100lb
    Hang power clean to split jerk x 3 100lb
    Spiderman walk x 3

Front squat 85 x 8, 105 x 8, 115 x 8
    Row 75lb 3 x 8
    Strict press 45 x 8, 65 2 x 8

Box squat 125, 135, 145lb x 8 each
    Banded goodmornings 3 x 15
    "21"s for biceps and forearms 15lb x 3
    Balance on Swiss ball quadraped 3 x 1 min

Stretch

Annnnd then...
    Wrestling--1 hour
    Block right arm with 'l' in elbow, forcing the collar tie with the other arm. Grab that arm up at the armpit, circle toward it, and when at a right angle, drop to ankle pick far ankle and push them down.
    Alternative: switch left hand to combing-hair position to push up their near arm, then pick the knee instead of the ankle while pushing that up. Step really far out past their leg to push them down. Or it can happen in several smaller steps.
    From the same tie-up position, grab their forearm from the collar tie and PULL it down. Fake a grab for the near leg, forcing them to step it back, then swing down and to the outside to swing single the other leg. Pull them down, lacing hand over their foot. Then, pull foot up onto hip, then switch over to the other hip and flatten them out.
    If they whizzer their ankle, grab their knee and drag their shin up your thigh until you can shelve it on the hip, post hand and stand up, then flatten them out. Run hand under their leg to lace the bottom thigh as an option.

I liked that last one. Swing singles are a favorite.

Food today: 2190 cal, 309C/147P/51F

I'm seeing the nutritionist tomorrow so I'll discuss my sickness and increased hunger with her then, I suppose, and also plan for making weight for my next few tournaments.
    --Hubert Humphrey

Good luck with the nutritionist! I've never been big on much cardio as a warmup for lifting other than a little walking. Save the running for after, if I'm going to do it. But I mostly just lift lighter weight as my warmups, should probably do more.

As for that first meet, I think I did place a little higher than that one. That has been my best showing at a meet thus far though not much to compare since have only competed 3 times, one of which I failed all three squats so didn't qualify for anything. I can't afford anything else right now but would still be interesting to try. Also want to learn some combat type stuff for fiction/fantasy writing purposes.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Good to see you eating more calories, RAMPAGE IT! But jeez, why are you getting sick all the time? :/
    You'd still look gigantic next to me upper-body-wise, that's for sure. I'm trying so hard to grow my stupid arms and shoulders and they just don't keep up with my legs! But I'll get there. I am really happy with the clean and jerks and I did even heavier weight today, so hurrah! Also, I would never fight you, Hammy. Not unless, idk, you slapped me in the face and said you killed a chinchilla.
    LOL, had to google chinchilla, it's a mini rabbit thing. For some reason was thinking banana. Would not kill one unless stranded on an island and getting low on whey protein.
    Current PRs:

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey there! Hope all is well. Just took a BJJ class so thought I’d drop by. It was fun, the guy competes all over. It was a LOT more “work” than what I do in my DZR that’s for sure. We did a lot of ground work sweeps and stuff then got to roll. I was able to use a combination of my wrestling background and my DZR experience to get several submissions with various elbow and wrist locks. Didn’t get submitted, but almost got choked once with a cross collar, luckily I had enough strength advantage to break it off before it got effective.

Was a really good time though, and certainly counted as cardio, I was literally drenched. Didn’t realize all the rules and points stuff, learned you can’t do finger locks . I don’t think I’m going to switch to it but the owner invited me to come roll on Sundays at open mat might take him up on that since we don’t do much Randori and without application it’s kind of hard to get a feel for actual application of techniques when someone is resisting. Lot of respect for that though, damn I’m outa shape, I was absolutely gassed even though I was pretty much in control position and not working too hard.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Hey there! Hope all is well. Just took a BJJ class so thought I’d drop by. It was fun, the guy competes all over. It was a LOT more “work” than what I do in my DZR that’s for sure. We did a lot of ground work sweeps and stuff then got to roll. I was able to use a combination of my wrestling background and my DZR experience to get several submissions with various elbow and wrist locks. Didn’t get submitted, but almost got choked once with a cross collar, luckily I had enough strength advantage to break it off before it got effective.

Was a really good time though, and certainly counted as cardio, I was literally drenched. Didn’t realize all the rules and points stuff, learned you can’t do finger locks . I don’t think I’m going to switch to it but the owner invited me to come roll on Sundays at open mat might take him up on that since we don’t do much Randori and without application it’s kind of hard to get a feel for actual application of techniques when someone is resisting. Lot of respect for that though, damn I’m outa shape, I was absolutely gassed even though I was pretty much in control position and not working too hard.

Hey! Things are OK. Not great--I got diagnosed with suprapatellar bursitis, inflammation above my knee joint. It could be way worse, I could actually have injured the knee itself, but it still requires 4-6 weeks of recovery, meaning no jiu jitsu. The good news is I can do just about anything else, so I've been swimming, running, and lifting on a bodypart split. My physique actually looks better than it did pre-injury because of so much focus on lifting. I also had my nutritionist measure my body fat with calipers, and she said it's just under 21%, which is good. I would like to get to 18%, I think.

I do miss BJJ a stupid lot, though. I'll likely need to train a bit less when I return to avoid overuse injuries in the future, which means more lifting and perhaps even some swimming to change things up; we'll see. I'm SO happy you got to do some BJJ training yourself! haha yeah it really is a cardio killer. It's so interesting. I swam quite a lot before I started training BJJ, and I got pretty good. Could hang with the master's team at my gym pool. Well, I went back to swimming last week as part of my cross-training, and I'm actually putting down better times (1:20 for 100 yards) than I was when I was primarily swimming. So, yeah, BJJ gets you in insane cardio shape and there is carryover to other sports. I think this summer I'll train for a mile run again, too. I want to see under 6:00 again.

Anyway, to everyone: sorry I abandoned the log. I've been lifting a lot, but I'm logging it in a different location for my trainer to see, so I guess I got lazy about double-tracking here. I'm also less excited about my workouts since they're pretty straightforward: bodypart split, higher reps, hypertrophy focus. I'm doing a somewhat interesting split of chest/biceps (instead of chest/tris), back/triceps, shoulders/abs, and legs. I'm also doing PT exercises for my hip stabilizers and glute medius, including a lot of single leg and balance stuff, and I'm swimming about 2 times a week, regular practice with the Asphalt Green Masters team. I swim between 1.3-1.5 miles per practice, all strokes (my butterfly has improved a lot). So far, I hope to return to BJJ March 10th.

Here are some of the workouts I've done this week:

2/17 Chest and Biceps

Run 6 min

PT exercises:
    Single leg balance w/ twist 3kg med ball 2 x 30s
    Band walks x 3
    Single leg squat to parallel 3 x 8

Dynamic chest stretch

Incline DB fly (1:30 rest) 15, 15, 17.5lb x 10

Flat bench (1:30 rest) 75lb 4 x 12

Smith Machine incline chest press 90lb 4 x 8
    Flat DB fly (1:30 rest) 15 lb 4 x 12

Seated rotating DB bicep curl 15lb 4 x 12
    Regular bicep curls 15lb 4 x 12

Cable preacher curls (30s rest) 7 x 10
    First 6 @ 15, last @ 20

2/18 Shoulders and Abs
    Run 6 min

PT:
    Standing twists on one leg (3kg) 2 x :30 each side
    Band walks x 3
    3 x 8 single leg squat to 90 degrees

Shoulder stretches

OHP 3 x 12 @ 45, 50, 55

Seated DB shoulder press 4 x 10 @ 20, 20, 22.5, 25

Seated lat raise 12lb 3 x 8
    Standing lat raise 8lb 3 x 12

Rear delt fly 7lb 3 x 10

"Stir the pots" 3 x 15
    Russian twist 10lb 3 x 30
    Hanging leg raise 3 x 10

Headstand 2 x 1 min
    Handstand walkouts 3 x 3 reps

Stretch

2/19 Physical Therapy
    8 min bike

Step downs from l3 step 3 x 10

Single leg med ball twist 6 lb on upside down bosu 2 x :30 each leg

Single leg side raise on upside down bosu 2 x :30 each side

Side walk w band around foot arch x 3

Bulgarian split squat 3 x 10 each side

Side plank leg raise 3 x 10 each side

Banded wall sit 3 x 1 min

***Notes for future independent PT: upgrade twist to bosu, upgrade band walk to around foot arch, and add step downs; keep single leg squat***

2/20 PT exercises + swim

PT
    2 x :30 single leg med ball rotation on upside down bosu
    3 x 10 step down
    3 x band walks
    3 x 8 single leg squat

2650 yards swim

Warmup:
    200 swim
    2 x 100 IM
    50 swim

2 x
    2 x 25 kick
    100 swim DPS

5 x 100 descending on 1:45

4 x 100 on 1:40 70%
    2 x 50 easy
    3 x 100 on 1:40 80% (1:28ish)
    2 x 50 easy
    2 x 100 on 1:40 90% (1:22ish)
    2 x 50 easy
    100 at 100% (1:20)
    2 x 50 easy

Tomorrow is going to be back and triceps day, Friday I swim, and then Saturday is leg day. Yes, I am doing PT exercises every day--that's what the PT told me to do. Typically I'd do every other day, but I think the idea is just to activate the muscles and get comfortable with the movement pattern. Ideally, I'll use the exercises to progress to a pistol squat for reps soon.

I'm also icing my knee several times daily, which seems to help, and I got a cortisone shot two weeks ago, which definitely helped. The PT doesn't help my knee recover, unfortunately; only time away from the mats and direct knee pressure will do that. I'm also going to get a knee pad some BJJ friends have recommended for when I do begin to train again, plus cut down on frequency somewhat.

Food has been good, eating between 2200 and 2500 a day depending on appetite. I'm not aiming to lose weight while injured but I am visibly leaning out a bit, likely as I am still quite active and eating only whole foods and only when truly hungry.
    --Hubert Humphrey

That sucks about the knee injury but at least you can do a lot of other training in the meantime. I've always been impressed by people who can swim for speed/distance. If you dumped me in the middle of the ocean I *probably* wouldn't drown for a while, but man I can't swim laps or anything like that. Go HAM on your conditioning and rehab in the meantime and come back ready to destroy your enemies!
    Current PRs:

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Impressive workouts!

Best wishes on the recuperating!
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

That is unfortunate in that you had to step away from what you really enjoy doing. Still great how you've managed things and you are still insanely active. Good luck with the recovery. Yay for lifting.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Grrr on the injury. But the body has a way of slowing us down when needed. Not that you are with lifting, running and swimming. I love your spirit my friend.
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good to see you are still alive and training . Sucks about the knee, you seemed to be burning the candle at both ends with the high volume BJJ and also incorporating training. I just do Jujitsu 3X per week 1.5 hrs each session and my sessions are a lot less physical usually than what you are doing with live wrestling etc. Knee sleeves would be a good idea. Sorry I didn't think to tell you sooner. I always wear knee sleeves when live wrestling or even hard drilling. Keeping the knees warm is only a partial benefit, they provide some extra cushion and surface area to reduce friction when working from your knees etc. I hurt my knee last year wrestling without them and always pack them with my stuff now in case I need them (always wore them wrestling in the past). If your knee gets "caught" in the mat and you try to pivot or turn on it, its pretty hard on the patellar tendons and ligaments. Wearing sleeves will provide compression, warmth, cushioning and reduce friction due to the larger surface area (knee won't dig into the mat as easily. As an aside they might improve your shot a little too due to less friction. Didn't go to open mat at the BJJ place last sunday but might try to make it this sunday. Get my cardio in since I'm back in serious diet mode to try to look freaky at our national AJJF convention at the end of March .

That sucks about the knee injury but at least you can do a lot of other training in the meantime. I've always been impressed by people who can swim for speed/distance. If you dumped me in the middle of the ocean I *probably* wouldn't drown for a while, but man I can't swim laps or anything like that. Go HAM on your conditioning and rehab in the meantime and come back ready to destroy your enemies!
    Yessss I am so motivated to kill it in the gym knowing that all the strength I pick up can be an advantage against my opponents. Swimming is one of those things you have to learn, just like anything. Once you have the movement down, it's just like any movement pattern.

Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    Impressive workouts!

Best wishes on the recuperating!
    Thanks, doing my best! So much icing.

That is unfortunate in that you had to step away from what you really enjoy doing. Still great how you've managed things and you are still insanely active. Good luck with the recovery. Yay for lifting.
    Yeah, my body naturally craves activity, so as long as I maintain some kind of good routine, I'm reasonably happy. I do miss BJJ, but not as much as I expected to, largely because my knee still hurts, so the idea of kneeling on the mats again isn't great. I am also really enjoying the physique changes and improved strength I can already feel from all the lifting.

Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    Grrr on the injury. But the body has a way of slowing us down when needed. Not that you are with lifting, running and swimming. I love your spirit my friend.
    Haha thanks friend, I guess I am pretty intense. I definitely was overdoing it. The thing is, my gym culture tends to push that--just maximum training all the time for everyone. Sometimes, I need to be sensible and force myself to take days off. I'll motivate myself to do that by rewarding myself with good lift days on days off BJJ when I do return to training.

Good to see you are still alive and training . Sucks about the knee, you seemed to be burning the candle at both ends with the high volume BJJ and also incorporating training. I just do Jujitsu 3X per week 1.5 hrs each session and my sessions are a lot less physical usually than what you are doing with live wrestling etc. Knee sleeves would be a good idea. Sorry I didn't think to tell you sooner. I always wear knee sleeves when live wrestling or even hard drilling. Keeping the knees warm is only a partial benefit, they provide some extra cushion and surface area to reduce friction when working from your knees etc. I hurt my knee last year wrestling without them and always pack them with my stuff now in case I need them (always wore them wrestling in the past). If your knee gets "caught" in the mat and you try to pivot or turn on it, its pretty hard on the patellar tendons and ligaments. Wearing sleeves will provide compression, warmth, cushioning and reduce friction due to the larger surface area (knee won't dig into the mat as easily. As an aside they might improve your shot a little too due to less friction. Didn't go to open mat at the BJJ place last sunday but might try to make it this sunday. Get my cardio in since I'm back in serious diet mode to try to look freaky at our national AJJF convention at the end of March .
    Oooh, have fun at the open mat. That's a really good description of why knee sleeves are important... honestly, the PT didn't have much to say about them, so your point of view is welcome. Take some pics of that convention, I want to see what it's like! And, of course, admire your ridiculous leanness. I'm trying to get there myself. We'll see.

Back workout today, along with PT. It's getting exhausting to do those PT things every single day, and they take a ton of time. I think tomorrow I'll take off so I can recover a bit, just swim, and do the PT exercises with my leg day Saturday. Also going to experiment with NOT running to warm up before leg day. Makes it easier to really engage my muscles sometimes.

2/21 Back and Triceps

Run 6 min (.72 miles)

PT exercises
    Single leg balance w med ball twist on upside down bosu 3kg 2 x 30s each side
    3 x sideways band walks
    Step down 3 x 10

Pullups -50 3 x 10

Bent over row 90lb 3 x 10

Single arm seated cable row 25lb 3 x 20
    Cable row 85lb 3 x 12

Wide grip lat pulldown 85lb 3 x 10

Bent arm barbell pullover 40lb 3 x 8

Narrow grip bench 65lb 3 x 12

Dips -40 3 x 12

Triceps extensions 35lb 3 x 10

Getting better with this stuff. I also did some super light pulldowns with straight arms, to practice scapular retraction, as I still find that difficult. Back day continues to be the hardest day for me.
    --Hubert Humphrey

Thanks, doing my best! So much icing.
    Get some cake for all that icing, heeheehee!
    Back workout today, along with PT. It's getting exhausting to do those PT things every single day, and they take a ton of time. I think tomorrow I'll take off so I can recover a bit, just swim, and do the PT exercises with my leg day Saturday. Also going to experiment with NOT running to warm up before leg day. Makes it easier to really engage my muscles sometimes.

2/21 Back and Triceps

Run 6 min (.72 miles)

PT exercises
    Single leg balance w med ball twist on upside down bosu 3kg 2 x 30s each side
    3 x sideways band walks
    Step down 3 x 10

Pullups -50 3 x 10

Bent over row 90lb 3 x 10

Single arm seated cable row 25lb 3 x 20
    Cable row 85lb 3 x 12

Wide grip lat pulldown 85lb 3 x 10

Bent arm barbell pullover 40lb 3 x 8

Narrow grip bench 65lb 3 x 12

Dips -40 3 x 12

Triceps extensions 35lb 3 x 10

Getting better with this stuff. I also did some super light pulldowns with straight arms, to practice scapular retraction, as I still find that difficult. Back day continues to be the hardest day for me.
    Hey I see those rows you were talking about! Great job, back is the most important day IMO. Keep hitting it, it gets easier. You guys that combo up back/tri and chest/bi make my brain melt a bit though.
    Current PRs:

I’m not super lean right now, still have abs but a little softer at 190 range. Got a few rounds in today at the BJJ place. Really awesome group, I took the kids to the store and we were driving by so I asked if they wanted to stop in and watch a little and they did. I told the black belt running the class we were just going to watch a little and explained we take DZR. Anyway he invited me on the mat, let me borrow a gi and everything. It was fun, but I got submitted once with a choke. I rolled with against a guy who was fresh out of a college wrestling program and I didn’t have the stamina he did that’s for sure. Great group, there were a lot more experienced people there and it was cool watching how calculating and relaxed the black belts were regardless of their position.

Get some cake for all that icing, heeheehee!

Hey I see those rows you were talking about! Great job, back is the most important day IMO. Keep hitting it, it gets easier. You guys that combo up back/tri and chest/bi make my brain melt a bit though.
    I'm gonna talk to my trainer and figure out why he set it up that way on Monday, lol. I'm not 100% sure but I didn't have the mental energy to program my own stuff.

I’m not super lean right now, still have abs but a little softer at 190 range. Got a few rounds in today at the BJJ place. Really awesome group, I took the kids to the store and we were driving by so I asked if they wanted to stop in and watch a little and they did. I told the black belt running the class we were just going to watch a little and explained we take DZR. Anyway he invited me on the mat, let me borrow a gi and everything. It was fun, but I got submitted once with a choke. I rolled with against a guy who was fresh out of a college wrestling program and I didn’t have the stamina he did that’s for sure. Great group, there were a lot more experienced people there and it was cool watching how calculating and relaxed the black belts were regardless of their position.
    It's awesome that you got to train BJJ again! What choke made you tap? :P I notice that about the black belts/higher belts too; the relaxation during rolls. I'm pretty sure it's because so little that they do requires conscious thought anymore, given their depth of experience and the way physical memory works. The cool part is that my dad commented on how *I* looked fairly relaxed, though focused, during my tournament. I like feeling that greater ease, even during difficult rolls, as I gain more mastery of the basics.

Soooo catching up on a busy few days--

2/22 Swim day
    Swim 2250 yards

Warmup:
    400 yards swim
    5 x 50 fly/free

4 x 100 as kick/swim w fins

2 x
    100 DPS half fly half free
    50 fast turn
    2 x 25 first 10 fast then first 12.5 fast, dast portions as fly

Extra 2 x 25 same as above

4 x 50 fast on 1:10
    100 easy
    100 fast (1:25)
    100 easy
    2 x 50 fast on 1:10
    100 easy
    50 easy fly/free

I need to work on my technique; I'm twisting too much in the trunk instead of staying connected between my hips and shoulders, and as a result my shoulders are twisting and causing me some pain. I'll work on it next time.

2/23 Leg Day!
    PT exercises:
    Single leg balance on upside down bosu w/ twist 3kg med ball 2 x 30s
    Band walks x 3
    Step downs 3 x 10

Bosu static lunge (flat side up) 3 x 10 (30 seconds rest)

Barbell box squats 95 x 20, 115 x 15, 135, 145, 155 x 10 (30 seconds rest)

Giant set w/ 1 min rest:
    Hamstring curls 70lb 4 x 12
    Leg extension 70lb 4 x 12
    Step up w/ knee raise 20lb x 12, 25 lb x 12, 30lb 2 x 12
    BB hip thrust 95, 105, 115, 115 x 15

Smith machine calf raise 75lb 4 x 25 (last 10 fast)

Treadmill walk 6 min

2/24 Chest and Biceps
    Run 6 min

PT exercises (won't list, same as last time)

Dynamic chest stretch

Incline DB fly (1:30 rest) 15, 15, 17.5lb x 10

Flat bench (1:30 rest) 80lb 4 x 12

Smith Machine incline chest press 90lb 4 x 8
    Flat DB fly (1:30 rest) 17.5 lb 4 x 12

Seated rotating DB bicep curl 15lb 3 x 12, 17.5lb 1 x 12
    Regular bicep curls 15lb 3 x 12, 17.5lb 1 x 12

Cable preacher curls (30s rest) 7 x 10
    4 @ 20, 3 @ 15

I've been able to up the weight slowly on these movements, which makes me happy. My bench is feeling really solid lately. Work's been busy, which is good; I'm maintaining commitments that will give me less time to overtrain in BJJ when I come back. I also got to practice a little BJJ with Rachel last night, if you know what I mean .... uh, no, really, we play-wrestled and I showed her how to do a back take. Good news: my knee did not hurt! it's still not 100% better, and I can feel the bursa at times when I press, but it has improved.

Food is good, all whole foods and averaging around 2300.
    --Hubert Humphrey

The 25 year cold college wrestler/BJJ guy and I were just going at it like wrestlers mostly we were pretty evenly matched other than stamina. He got me in a rear naked I think, he had one arm and my head from behind. He shot a double, I sprawled and caught a guillotine on him but he was fast AF, and before I could crank on some controlled pressure he managed to duck under and ended up behind me. I wasn’t getting blurred vision or anything, but I wasn’t getting out of it either.

Yea one of the black belt guys was in his 50s and a little out of shape looking, but he was just handling people like nothing. He would just go to bottom guard and be lazy letting people wear themselves out then he’d wait for them to make a mistake and it would be over, just like that. Really neat to see that. I need more of that, that’s Jujitsu in general if any style whether BJJ, DZR etc etc, it’s just being efficient and effective. He didn’t waste an ounce of energy “wrestling” with guys likely much stronger, he’d just kick back and relax for 4-5 minutes, let people make a mistake, work a move and it would be done. Very technical and relaxed, looked like he could have taken a nap down there lol. I noticed you looked a lot more relaxed in your last vids I saw. I wondered how matches could go that long, but that kind of rolling is different than wrestling which is usually 6 minutes of all out effort. Going to try to get there on Sunday ps and bring my own gi . Pulled a little muscle in my side working a throw. Old people problems also didn’t have my knee sleeves since I wasn’t planning to be on the mat and my right knee is a little tender.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 02-24-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Solid looking leg day! Looks like you're keeping busy with lifting and swimming while you're away from BJJ.
    I've been able to up the weight slowly on these movements, which makes me happy. My bench is feeling really solid lately. Work's been busy, which is good; I'm maintaining commitments that will give me less time to overtrain in BJJ when I come back. I also got to practice a little BJJ with Rachel last night, if you know what I mean .... uh, no, really, we play-wrestled and I showed her how to do a back take. Good news: my knee did not hurt! it's still not 100% better, and I can feel the bursa at times when I press, but it has improved.
    Heehee! Good news on the knee, hope it's back in action soon. Any time I'm injured I get extremely impatient and gotta "test" the injury all the time, "crap, that still hurts," 5 minutes later test it again, "OMFG why does this still hurt, arrgghhhh it's not getting better, call the paramedics!"
    Current PRs: