Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207
Results 6,181 to 6,196 of 6196
    Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MakeABanana View Post
    Misc just got boring, brah.
    Misc, like lots of other places on the Internet, got way too political and "redpilled". All it's been for most of the last half decade is people getting pissed off and triggered about XYZ. It got boring.
    Aria Company crew
    Houkago Tea Time crew
    Hidamari Apartments crew
    "I'm really mirin OD's good taste. I'm glad he recommended it." - Aterniner, 2001

MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by low blow View Post
    For all you Radiology bro's

Any resources/advice you have to improve as a Radiologist? Currently an R1
    Best way to learn and have it stick is to read up on cases you read that day. Look it up on Radiopaedia. Find a good article on Radiographics.

Look for radiology case files. Your department probably has one or several. There are plenty of others online. The more volume of cases you look at, the better you will become.

If your program funds RadPrimer, do a few of their multiple choice questions per day. Also check out ACR's Case in Point where they have a case of the day and explanations.

For online resources besides Radiopaedia, check out https://radiologyassistant.nl/ and http://www.learningradiology.com/ among many others.

For books, https://www.benwhite.com/medicine/re...ogy-residents/ still holds true even almost a decade later. However, I will say I never read Brant & Helms, and Core Radiology: A Visual Approach is too bullet-pointy for an R1 and doesn't have sufficient information to fill in the blanks at your level. It's more for CORE exam prep, but I think Crack the Core is way better for exam prep. If I did radiology residency all over again, I would probably have started reading Crack the Core earlier; it's quite a vulgar, non-PC book full of gems, and I would have been retaining more information. For physics specifically, check out War Machine and the RSNA physics modules.

For radiology in general, try to follow up cases you read, and especially follow up the interesting cases. You can learn a lot from your bull's-eyes, your misses, and how they way you dictate your reports can change management (for better AND for worse). Radiology is a marathon, not a sprint. You're expect to know little as an R1. With time and experience, you will get better and better. I'm a fellow becoming an attending in a few months, and I still feel like I have so much to learn.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Registered Camel Eater low blow's Avatar
    low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MakeABanana View Post
    Best way to learn and have it stick is to read up on cases you read that day. Look it up on Radiopaedia. Find a good article on Radiographics.

Look for radiology case files. Your department probably has one or several. There are plenty of others online. The more volume of cases you look at, the better you will become.

If your program funds RadPrimer, do a few of their multiple choice questions per day. Also check out ACR's Case in Point where they have a case of the day and explanations.

For online resources besides Radiopaedia, check out https://radiologyassistant.nl/ and http://www.learningradiology.com/ among many others.

For books, https://www.benwhite.com/medicine/re...ogy-residents/ still holds true even almost a decade later. However, I will say I never read Brant & Helms, and Core Radiology: A Visual Approach is too bullet-pointy for an R1 and doesn't have sufficient information to fill in the blanks at your level. It's more for CORE exam prep, but I think Crack the Core is way better for exam prep. If I did radiology residency all over again, I would probably have started reading Crack the Core earlier; it's quite a vulgar, non-PC book full of gems, and I would have been retaining more information. For physics specifically, check out War Machine and the RSNA physics modules.

For radiology in general, try to follow up cases you read, and especially follow up the interesting cases. You can learn a lot from your bull's-eyes, your misses, and how they way you dictate your reports can change management (for better AND for worse). Radiology is a marathon, not a sprint. You're expect to know little as an R1. With time and experience, you will get better and better. I'm a fellow becoming an attending in a few months, and I still feel like I have so much to learn.
    Any advice for learning MRI ? Start reporting quickly but feel very lost

we're all gonna make it IMathew's Avatar
    IMathew has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IMathew has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IMathew has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IMathew has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IMathew has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IMathew has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IMathew has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IMathew has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IMathew has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IMathew has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IMathew has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like misc is on it's last legs so this will probably be my last post ever...

Over a decade later and the wife and I are finally finished with training. Accepted amazing offers at hospitals 5 mins apart, blessed with a beautiful baby boy, and generally in a great place in life. It's been a long, brutal road and I've had moments where I doubted it all, but I finally made it and I know I would do it all again.

Hope y'all are doing well. Good luck out there and cheers to future. We're all gonna make it brahs!
    lmao I was like lmao

★Texas Crew★
    *Misc Med Crew*

kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So, I had quite the wild past few days.....

So, I Finally had to get the jab on June 24th for hospital work (no choice, religious exemption immediately denied). Chose J&J, because of the single dose (and because it's fuking useless, as I had COVID 6-months ago).

Fast forward to July 25th. I'm walking to my car after going to the grocery store, when I suddenly start feeling the onset of chest pain and tachycardia. Got home and my neck, chest, and upper arm were THROBBING. After about 20 minutes of trying to get my HR down myself (carotid massage, breathing exercises), I had my neighbor take me to the ER.

Had an EKG done upon arrival.....I has wide-complex SVT with a LBBB and a resting pulse of 220bpm. I had to be given an infusion of Adenosine in order to have it cardiovert to a normal rate/rhythm. Was given an anti-coagulant injection, and had to spend the night in the hospital for cardiac observation. Not fun.

No heart attack (troponin levels were normal), normal electrolyte panel, normal blood work (slight increase in white count), well hydrated (I always am), and no EtOH consumption. They were literally dumbfounded by the event. I've never had ANY heart issues in the past. The smug fuking IM attending (I was transported out of ED once stable) then proceeds to badger me with accusations that I utilized "hard drugs", which I've never done in my life. He then asks me about the COVID vax and "the booster". I tell him I got the single J&J shot, and this prick looks at me with the most smug grin and says "Oh, so you took the EASY way, huh"?

Thankfully, everything is back to normal, and I haven't had any issues since. Dear diary, I know....but this happened almost one month to the DAY after receiving the clot shot. Eerie.

I'm trying to get a copy of the EKG. It was wild. A true work of medical art. Any cardiologist-brahs here that want to do a case study on OP, send me a PM.

**TLDR Cliffs:**

-OP gets covid vax on June 24th.
    -OP has severe cardiac event (ZERO hx of cardiovascular issues) on July 25th requiring immediate trip to ER and cardioversion.
    -Smug jackass Attending berates OP with empty accusations of "hard drug usage".
    -Attending then berates OP for only getting the J&J vax and "taking the EASY route".
    -OP is not a conspiracy theorist, but....**interdasting**.
    -OP is a *******.
    Last edited by kovalchuk71; 07-28-2022 at 02:16 PM.
    ***Misc Med Crew***
    ***No Social Media Crew***

Glutamine2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glutamine2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glutamine2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glutamine2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glutamine2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glutamine2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glutamine2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glutamine2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glutamine2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glutamine2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glutamine2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Happy thanksgiving fam!

tartface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tartface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tartface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tartface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tartface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tartface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tartface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tartface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tartface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tartface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tartface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kovalchuk71 View Post
    So, I had quite the wild past few days.....

So, I Finally had to get the jab on June 24th for hospital work (no choice, religious exemption immediately denied). Chose J&J, because of the single dose (and because it's fuking useless, as I had COVID 6-months ago).

Fast forward to July 25th. I'm walking to my car after going to the grocery store, when I suddenly start feeling the onset of chest pain and tachycardia. Got home and my neck, chest, and upper arm were THROBBING. After about 20 minutes of trying to get my HR down myself (carotid massage, breathing exercises), I had my neighbor take me to the ER.

Had an EKG done upon arrival.....I has wide-complex SVT with a LBBB and a resting pulse of 220bpm. I had to be given an infusion of Adenosine in order to have it cardiovert to a normal rate/rhythm. Was given an anti-coagulant injection, and had to spend the night in the hospital for cardiac observation. Not fun.

No heart attack (troponin levels were normal), normal electrolyte panel, normal blood work (slight increase in white count), well hydrated (I always am), and no EtOH consumption. They were literally dumbfounded by the event. I've never had ANY heart issues in the past. The smug fuking IM attending (I was transported out of ED once stable) then proceeds to badger me with accusations that I utilized "hard drugs", which I've never done in my life. He then asks me about the COVID vax and "the booster". I tell him I got the single J&J shot, and this prick looks at me with the most smug grin and says "Oh, so you took the EASY way, huh"?

Thankfully, everything is back to normal, and I haven't had any issues since. Dear diary, I know....but this happened almost one month to the DAY after receiving the clot shot. Eerie.

I'm trying to get a copy of the EKG. It was wild. A true work of medical art. Any cardiologist-brahs here that want to do a case study on OP, send me a PM.

**TLDR Cliffs:**

-OP gets covid vax on June 24th.
    -OP has severe cardiac event (ZERO hx of cardiovascular issues) on July 25th requiring immediate trip to ER and cardioversion.
    -Smug jackass Attending berates OP with empty accusations of "hard drug usage".
    -Attending then berates OP for only getting the J&J vax and "taking the EASY route".
    -OP is not a conspiracy theorist, but....**interdasting**.
    -OP is a *******.
    We've seen a few pt with abnormal EKG tachy denying drug use and boosted. Ages vary 30-80. Could be triggered by stress. We have no explanation for it at our pulse clinic. Sounds sketchy af.

pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pyrogen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by kovalchuk71 View Post
    Originally Posted by tartface View Post
    We've seen a few pt with abnormal EKG tachy denying drug use and boosted. Ages vary 30-80. Could be triggered by stress. We have no explanation for it at our pulse clinic. Sounds sketchy af.
    His last post was almost 4 months ago. Hope he's just busy and doing OK.
    Pumpkin courtesy of BRANDERSS (https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180764903);
    addendum courtesy of buttInspector (https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=183054703).

Byzantine75 is a cheeky little bugger. srs.

MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    First post of 2023 here. Let's ****ing goooo.

Originally Posted by low blow View Post
    Any advice for learning MRI ? Start reporting quickly but feel very lost
    I'm replying almost a year later because I haven't logged in since my last post (srs)

For MRI, learn what each sequence is good for, e.g. T2-weighted vs. T1-weighted vs. proton density (especially in MSK) vs. DWI, etc. Don't get too hung up on vendor-specific sequence names because I'm sure there are over 50+, and even I can't keep all the names straight as an attending except for the MRI machine brands I often work with. Since I'm body trained, here's a good article on the basics of body MRI: https://link.springer.com/article/10...261-016-0829-1

If you want a good fundamentals body MRI book, check out Roth's (one of the authors of the above paper) Fundamentals of Body MRI book. He's working on a newer edition now as well.

If you want an even in-depth book, check out Mitchell's (again another author from the paper) MRI Principles book. This one may be a little out of date though, but the basic principles apply.

After you know the sequences, MRI comes down to knowing your anatomy.

JuicePro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JuicePro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JuicePro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JuicePro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JuicePro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JuicePro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JuicePro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JuicePro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JuicePro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JuicePro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JuicePro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure if this thread gets a lot of traction these days, but I skimmed and saw a decent amount of Rads guys -- I was wondering if any of you dual-applied surgery and Radiology?

We take step 1/2 after clinicals so I don't know what I will be competitive for until closer to ERAS. I think Radiology is getting pretty competitive too, but I'm aiming for primarily community programs for both.
    Trump/Vivek 2024
    (Verified) High Test Crew
    Miscer since 2013 but got doxxed Crew
    Gixxer 1000 Crew (Formerly Kawasaki Zx10R Crew)
    Energy Drink Crew
    Go to the gym to stop the voices Crew
    Pronouns are Built/Different

kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Defibbing this thread for a WTF moment:

https://www.theflstandard.com/uf-hea...r-inclusivity/

This past year has honestly made me really dislike medicine for the first time in my career. Patients are going to get killed over this chit, and doctors are going to be the ones sued into oblivion for it. In b4 “i WaS jUsT fOlLoWiNg OrDeRs !!!!111!!”

I mean, fuk….My buddy was in a residency group interview at Cleveland Clinic where they were flat out told that if they weren’t “pro-LGBTBBQ” (and they found out), their contract would be terminated immediately. He literally stood up from his chair and walked out of the interview.

He ended up matching Optho at his top choice so I think he made the right decision.

/ventilator rant post
    Last edited by kovalchuk71; 04-13-2023 at 11:14 AM.
    ***Misc Med Crew***
    ***No Social Media Crew***

dxw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dxw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dxw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dxw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dxw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dxw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dxw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dxw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dxw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dxw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dxw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This thread is looking deceased, but I graduated residency last month

Finally made it, bros
    autrefois crew

Misc Med Crew

fitnessdoc2020 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdoc2020 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdoc2020 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdoc2020 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdoc2020 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdoc2020 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdoc2020 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdoc2020 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdoc2020 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdoc2020 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessdoc2020 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how are my med bros doing?

Originally Posted by JuicePro View Post
    Not sure if this thread gets a lot of traction these days, but I skimmed and saw a decent amount of Rads guys -- I was wondering if any of you dual-applied surgery and Radiology?

We take step 1/2 after clinicals so I don't know what I will be competitive for until closer to ERAS. I think Radiology is getting pretty competitive too, but I'm aiming for primarily community programs for both.
    I didn't dual apply, but I did apply for both IM and surgery prelims.

Originally Posted by dxw View Post
    This thread is looking deceased, but I graduated residency last month

Finally made it, bros
    Congrats brah

Originally Posted by fitnessdoc2020 View Post
    how are my med bros doing?
    Chilling at home, going through the latest and greatest in medical literature, planning out future research projects, logging into Misc after 9 months, looking at the front page incelpocalypse and then saying "nah", and logging back out.

RihanM is a name known to all. (+5000) RihanM is a name known to all. (+5000) RihanM is a name known to all. (+5000) RihanM is a name known to all. (+5000) RihanM is a name known to all. (+5000) RihanM is a name known to all. (+5000) RihanM is a name known to all. (+5000) RihanM is a name known to all. (+5000) RihanM is a name known to all. (+5000) RihanM is a name known to all. (+5000) RihanM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    First post of 2024!

This thread is dead af - but I just wanted to say I'm a UK doc who's been working here in the NHS for the past 4 years

Honestly I hated working in the NHS though. Not sure if there are any other UK docs here, but holy fuk the NHS is a dumpster fire and has been for years now

So I looked into doing the USMLEs, applying for residency and moving to the US

And I did it! I just found last week that I matched in psychiatry!! I'm coming over to the states this summer in June!! I'm so hyped

I don't wanna go back either so I'll be looking to try and get a GC by dating and marrying a nice American girl while I'm there. I know American women have a thing for men with British accents lol

So yeah...can you guys pls keep me? >__<
    Last edited by RihanM; 03-18-2024 at 03:55 PM.