MasterVox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Timing Meals and Supplements Around an 8-5 Work Schedule

So I'm sure that this question's been asked countless time, but when I try any search, I can't find anything that can point me toward an answer. I'll be taking a crack at trying to build as lean as possible. Not a massive bulk with a huge caloric surplus, but slow gradual climb at just above my maintenance levels.

I work my job from 8 - 4:30ish every day and I head to the gym around 5-6PM, leaving me a few hours before bed time when I get home from the Gym, which I usually reserve for my dinner. What I can't wrap my head around is when I should be timing my carbs/protein throughout the day to maximize muscle growth and avoid packing on too much fat. My job is a desk job so I literally sit in a chair for 8 hours staring at a monitor.

The gainer that I found suggests it be used post workout, but how does that work for someone with very little time post workout to try to cram a 600 calorie shake along side a 500-700 calorie dinner? I feel like consuming the shake during the day will lead to just fatty buildup since I'm not really doing anything with it other than recovering from the previous day's workout.

I was just curious what other 8-5 / after work workout people out there have found to work for them as far as trying to gain on the leaner side.

To be honest, I would like to pose the same question in regards to cutting fat as well. I've tried numerous things and have seen varying results over the past year.

wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wlodarczykn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I also work 8a-5p. Consistently eating too many calories will make you pack on fat, not when you eat.
    ★Subaru WRX/STi Crew★

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How hard did you search this forum? There is a sticky that discusses Pre, During, and Postworkout nutrition http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821.

It's more optimal to spread your protein throughout the day, but ultimately it comes down to your macro and calorie totals for the day.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MasterVox View Post
    The gainer that I found suggests it be used post workout, but how does that work for someone with very little time post workout to try to cram a 600 calorie shake along side a 500-700 calorie dinner? I feel like consuming the shake during the day will lead to just fatty buildup since I'm not really doing anything with it other than recovering from the previous day's workout.
    Weight gainers are overpriced fast food. Eat real food instead.

Try to have at least 3 protein rich meals per day, 4 may be a little better for muscle protein synthesis.

When you eat your carbs is personal preference.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow, you must have done quite a bit of research to be able to find nothing on meal timing.
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well since literally millions of people work similar schedules, and all manage to eat, I'm sure you will be able to make it also. Just whenever is convenient for you.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    Wow, you must have done quite a bit of research to be able to find nothing on meal timing.
    Well it's not like there is a simple link in the nutrition section of this forum called "pre, during & post workout nutrition."
    Alan Aragon, Brad Schoenfeld, Stu Phillips, Lyle McDonald. FTW.

Not a physique competitor but hope to compete in powerlifting next year. Max bench 1RM with pause 160kg. 352lbs.

Lift and learn.