Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The Journey to Becoming a Natural Pro in Men's Physique

A little bit about me:
    My name is Stephen Beaugrand, I am currently a senior studying exercise science at the University of South Florida. I am 28 year old currently 5'10" and weighed in at 178lb this morning. I had always been a small guy in high school (about 135 lb when I was 18) and that along with some other personal experiences led me to get into fitness in my mid 20's. One of the main reasons I decided to get into the gym for the first time ever was that I had broken off an engagement and realized that I was not happy with my body. I had put on more weight but it wasn't any of the kind of weight that I wanted.

After fooling around in gym gym for ~ 6 months i had a friend suggest that I should compete in Men's Physique as it had just been introduced. I came in weighing 164 lb for my first show and came in last place, my second show was the very next weekend and I tied for last in the show. The following year I got 3rd call-outs at a national qualifier and then did my first natural show the next weekend and took 2nd. This past year I only chose to do one show and placed 3rd after doing my own prep. I had actually never cut my carbs below 250g a day during this prep and had hit PR's on both the squat and deadlift during prep, hitting a double on squat at 350 lb and pulling 515 lb on a deadlift, all at a body weight of 167 lb. This was a huge accomplishment for me as i had been doing very "bro" workouts prior to being introduced to power-lifting this year by some friends at USF.

I didn't necessarily feel that my last show placing was indicative of my prep, as I was the leanest and biggest I had ever been, but I did notice I'd lost objectivity towards the end and should have pushed a little harder to really lock in my conditioning. As I currently work for Paul Revelia of Pro Physique, I asked him if he wouldn't mind working with me this year and I was extremely blessed that he agreed. I was initially very hesitant to do any type of pro qualifer, but Paul has encouraged me to do so and trusting his opinion and expertise I will be competing in the Orlando Championships which will be a WNBF pro qualifer.

This has been great because after the last prep I'd found myself lacking motivation and intensity in my training. Picking a new show and having the goal to do well at a higher level of competition has re-kindled my motivation during training and adherence to my diet. Not only is my bench, which had lost strength, back to the strongest it has ever been and my deadlift and squat are still about as strong as ever. So not only am i going to compete in my first pro qualifier in April, but earlier in the month I'll be doing my first power-lifting meet as well.

I am looking forward to building my business as a coach, doing multiple other shows this year as well and possibly a couple more meets, and starting the Masters program or exercise science in the fall. I know that 2016 will be extremely challenging but I'm definitely looking forward to a great year on stage, pursuing the ever illusive 405 squat, 550 deadlift and a 315 bench.

My current training day macros are 310c, 200p, 70f. Currently the supplements i take are Core nutritionals core fury extreme, Creatine monohydrate, Core Burn, and Dymatize whey protein.
    Attached Images

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Beaudiesel1987 View Post
    A little bit about me:
    My name is Stephen Beaugrand, I am currently a senior studying exercise science at the University of South Florida. I am 28 year old currently 5'10" and weighed in at 178lb this morning. I had always been a small guy in high school (about 135 lb when I was 18) and that along with some other personal experiences led me to get into fitness in my mid 20's. One of the main reasons I decided to get into the gym for the first time ever was that I had broken off an engagement and realized that I was not happy with my body. I had put on more weight but it wasn't any of the kind of weight that I wanted.

After fooling around in gym gym for ~ 6 months i had a friend suggest that I should compete in Men's Physique as it had just been introduced. I came in weighing 164 lb for my first show and came in last place, my second show was the very next weekend and I tied for last in the show. The following year I got 3rd call-outs at a national qualifier and then did my first natural show the next weekend and took 2nd. This past year I only chose to do one show and placed 3rd after doing my own prep. I had actually never cut my carbs below 250g a day during this prep and had hit PR's on both the squat and deadlift during prep, hitting a double on squat at 350 lb and pulling 515 lb on a deadlift, all at a body weight of 167 lb. This was a huge accomplishment for me as i had been doing very "bro" workouts prior to being introduced to power-lifting this year by some friends at USF.

I didn't necessarily feel that my last show placing was indicative of my prep, as I was the leanest and biggest I had ever been, but I did notice I'd lost objectivity towards the end and should have pushed a little harder to really lock in my conditioning. As I currently work for Paul Revelia of Pro Physique, I asked him if he wouldn't mind working with me this year and I was extremely blessed that he agreed. I was initially very hesitant to do any type of pro qualifer, but Paul has encouraged me to do so and trusting his opinion and expertise I will be competing in the Orlando Championships which will be a WNBF pro qualifer.

This has been great because after the last prep I'd found myself lacking motivation and intensity in my training. Picking a new show and having the goal to do well at a higher level of competition has re-kindled my motivation during training and adherence to my diet. Not only is my bench, which had lost strength, back to the strongest it has ever been and my deadlift and squat are still about as strong as ever. So not only am i going to compete in my first pro qualifier in April, but earlier in the month I'll be doing my first power-lifting meet as well.

I am looking forward to building my business as a coach, doing multiple other shows this year as well and possibly a couple more meets, and starting the Masters program or exercise science in the fall. I know that 2016 will be extremely challenging but I'm definitely looking forward to a great year on stage, pursuing the ever illusive 405 squat, 550 deadlift and a 315 bench.

My current training day macros are 310c, 200p, 70f. Currently the supplements i take are Core nutritionals core fury extreme, Creatine monohydrate, Core Burn, and Dymatize whey protein.
    Here is the picture you wanted to post.

Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beaudiesel1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Current training split,

Day 1 - Chest, Biceps, Traps

Day 2 - Back, Triceps, Shoudlers

Day 3 - Legs.

I do a self regulated undulating periodization. So my reps and sets differ every workout, I do each "day" 2x a week with one rest day at the end. I also throw Ab's in every other day or two.

registerjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) registerjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) registerjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) registerjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) registerjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) registerjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) registerjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) registerjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) registerjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) registerjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) registerjr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Subd for your journey

Just uploaded a new vlog to my youtube channel Bassicfitness.

Video Log for 10 weeks out, This week have been MUCH better for training, hit 5x4 on squats pretty easily as well as working up to a quick single at 495 for deadlifts, back down under 175lb body weight too.

Not enough posts yet to link stuff...

It's all about progress, not perfection.