zzzzJake is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zzzzJake is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zzzzJake is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zzzzJake is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zzzzJake is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zzzzJake is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zzzzJake is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zzzzJake is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zzzzJake is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zzzzJake is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zzzzJake is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Oly lifting in normal gym?

My gym isnt normal, its sort of hardcore. Theres no bumper plates, only thing special is the 100lb plates. Theres a set of 10lb bumper plates thats all, then theres this old guy that has a set of bumpers, but keeps them locked up and uses them for himself only. Whats the best way to do oly lifts without bumpers? I'm trying to get into oly lifting but im stuck with no coach in my area.

where was i last day Rosienumber53's Avatar
    Rosienumber53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rosienumber53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rosienumber53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rosienumber53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rosienumber53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rosienumber53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rosienumber53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rosienumber53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rosienumber53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rosienumber53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rosienumber53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    put on the tens, then use metal plates
    Started November 2014.

Squat- 475
    Bench- 315
    Deadlift- 475
    Shot put- 50'2"
    Discus- 131'2
    Push Press- 225
    Sitting military press- 260
    Axle Clean and press- 225(first time trying it)

Resident MTB crash expert MtnJax's Avatar
    MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MtnJax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rosienumber53 View Post
    this. i ended up buying my own bar and bumper plates for my garage since my gym didn't have the space or bumpers and the only other places around here were crossfit gyms and eff that
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

**Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ
    Rule #5: Harden the fuk up!

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄Official Misc Ski/Snowboard Crew❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

**KNEE DRAGGERS CREW**

jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbrowniey00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you could manage to buy a pair of 45lb bumpers your should be good! those 10lb bumpers wont stand up once you start at adding more weight, but a set of 45s should be big enough to add regular weights to them
    advertising not permitted

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by zzzzJake View Post
    My gym isnt normal, its sort of hardcore. Theres no bumper plates, only thing special is the 100lb plates. Theres a set of 10lb bumper plates thats all, then theres this old guy that has a set of bumpers, but keeps them locked up and uses them for himself only. Whats the best way to do oly lifts without bumpers? I'm trying to get into oly lifting but im stuck with no coach in my area.
    Don't know where you're located, but maybe we could help? We might know folks around your area.

Several things you can do, use the 10's for now, but don't add too much metal change otherwise you'll bust the 10's. You could ask the guy with the locked up bumpers to use his while you save up and buy your own. Buy your own bumpers and bring them in, you can get sets for al low as $300 if you shop around and oly get 90-110kg to start with. Then add as you go.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rosienumber53 View Post
    This should be avoided; you can break the bumper 10's very easily.