Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Your hidden skin

A lot of people have tattoos and I rarely get to learn about their symbol or meaning. I think it's captivating to learn about why people choose a particular tattoo. I feel like it gives you a glimpse about someone's soul, life experiences and their character.
    I have a yin and yang small tattoo between my shoulder blades and a shoulder peice of a blue rose with cherry blossom, with wind and clouds around it (Asian style). I had some work done to it recently and it's still in progress.
    What are your tattoos and what is the meaning behind it?
    "Be happy, but never satisfied". ~ Bruce Lee

LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a line from a poem on my back that reads "But if a mirror ever makes you sad, you should know that it does not know you". I struggled with an eating disorder for 9+ years & have spent the last 3 working towards recovery. It reminds me that the mirror doesn't tell the whole picture & the mirror doesn't know the person I am or what I can & have accomplished. Ironically, it is in a place that I can only see when I look in the mirror haha

Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Summersalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Very interesting. Thank you for sharing your story.
    Be strong! Always.

Originally Posted by LaCroixAddict View Post
    I have a line from a poem on my back that reads "But if a mirror ever makes you sad, you should know that it does not know you". I struggled with an eating disorder for 9+ years & have spent the last 3 working towards recovery. It reminds me that the mirror doesn't tell the whole picture & the mirror doesn't know the person I am or what I can & have accomplished. Ironically, it is in a place that I can only see when I look in the mirror haha

canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I currently have 3 tats:

1) Rose wrapped around a sword. Got it when I was 18 just because I liked it. The story I made up to go with it was that it represents the beauty and strength

2) Japanese symbol for courage. It's a character trait that I pride myself on.

3) A burning phoenix in flight. It's actually a cross between a phoenix and a bird of paradise. I really don't like it and need to get it fixed. I like the symbolism of both (the phoenix rising from the ashes, the bird of paradise's solitary beauty and extravagance), but the execution was really not what I wanted.
    Current Technical 1RM
    Squat: 175 / Bench: 125 / Deadlift: 260 / Strict OHP: 85 / C&J: 100 / Snatch: 82.5

Goals
    Squat: 300 / Bench: 200 / Deadlift: 400 / Strict OHP: 200 / C&J: 200 / Snatch: 150

"Commitment is doing the thing you said you would do, long after the mood you said it in, has left you." ~George Zalucki~

Registered User TheFuarkingBoss's Avatar
    TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I hve no tatts because I am like water, forever changing and adapting. I don't get tattoos because I feel like I would be permanantly scared with my past. I don't want to make myself into a person I want to be everyone, i eant to be anything I want at any time and putting permenant marks on my body will make me become someone that I might not want to be in the future.
    Brah

LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaCroixAddict will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheFuarkingBoss View Post
    I hve no tatts because I am like water, forever changing and adapting. I don't get tattoos because I feel like I would be permanantly scared with my past. I don't want to make myself into a person I want to be everyone, i eant to be anything I want at any time and putting permenant marks on my body will make me become someone that I might not want to be in the future.
    I really like this thought process towards tattoos (or any body modification). Getting a tattoo is such a personal decision & deciding to NOT get a tattoo is no different.

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I currently have 13 and plans for more

I have four kanji: fire, water, heaven and death. These are not complete but I am going for all forces in nature and life that create destruction and balance.

Three dragons in different styles, gothic, mythical and Asian. Love dragons and their significance in various cultures.

One Phoenix because no matter what I go through I can rise from the ashes and marks me finally letting go of some past issues that were holding me back.

Stars, bubbles and swirls, one in each side.These were my first big pieces and need to be fixed but represents my random side

Cherry blossom branches with two blue jays, one on each shoulder. These are in the pattern of the floral embroidery of my wedding dress. The artist wanted to make it different enough to not immediately be recognizable but still hold a meaning for that date (we are still happily married btw).

Last one is my son's full name and date of birth in Elvish Tengwar. I wanted a tatto for him but didn't want the standard zodiac, foot prints ECT. The language is from the Lord of The Rings, which is very special to me and I love the elves from the books.

If you can't tell I'm a big fracking nerd
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have four tats:

First one I got when I was 19 and is just above my left shoulder blade. It's a bird of paradise and I got it towards the end of my first long-term relationship as I knew it was over and it was an expression of the freedom I wanted and knew I would have when I ended things. I'd love to get this one redone as the lines could do with sharpening up and it would like nice with the colours being redone too.

Second tat is on my right upper arm which I got when I was 21. It's a kind of celtic symbol which doesn't have any meaning as far as I knew at the time, but I got it because it was pretty (I still think it is) and it fit nicely on my upper arm!

Third tat is of a scorpion on my lower back which I got when I was about 24 and represented the man I was with at the time. I'd like to get this one covered up really with something more relevant to me now!

Fourth is on my left upper arm and is the chinese symbol of the dragon, which is my fiance's symbol

I'm not sure if I want any more. I did think of getting a Marilyn Monroe tattoo as I find her fascinating. But I'd be scared of going to someone and they fluff it up entirely! Plus, I don't have the money right now
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

Fracking nerd crew checking in, hi5!
    Love dragons too, I want one on my back But that would be a big piece and I have yet to find the artist who could master that to perfection.

Originally Posted by Echo814 View Post
    I currently have 13 and plans for more

I have four kanji: fire, water, heaven and death. These are not complete but I am going for all forces in nature and life that create destruction and balance.

Three dragons in different styles, gothic, mythical and Asian. Love dragons and their significance in various cultures.

One Phoenix because no matter what I go through I can rise from the ashes and marks me finally letting go of some past issues that were holding me back.

Stars, bubbles and swirls, one in each side.These were my first big pieces and need to be fixed but represents my random side

Cherry blossom branches with two blue jays, one on each shoulder. These are in the pattern of the floral embroidery of my wedding dress. The artist wanted to make it different enough to not immediately be recognizable but still hold a meaning for that date (we are still happily married btw).

Last one is my son's full name and date of birth in Elvish Tengwar. I wanted a tatto for him but didn't want the standard zodiac, foot prints ECT. The language is from the Lord of The Rings, which is very special to me and I love the elves from the books.

If you can't tell I'm a big fracking nerd

That's some cool tats! Love the meanings behind them!

Originally Posted by canjad80 View Post
    I currently have 3 tats:

1) Rose wrapped around a sword. Got it when I was 18 just because I liked it. The story I made up to go with it was that it represents the beauty and strength

2) Japanese symbol for courage. It's a character trait that I pride myself on.

3) A burning phoenix in flight. It's actually a cross between a phoenix and a bird of paradise. I really don't like it and need to get it fixed. I like the symbolism of both (the phoenix rising from the ashes, the bird of paradise's solitary beauty and extravagance), but the execution was really not what I wanted.

Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have one over my right scap area of a pinup (as a bust, not full body) with a crown on her head. No interesting story, I like oldschool pinup tattoos and crowns. Sugarskull style skull and crossbones on right wrist, again no story, just like skulls and stuff. Dog paw print on left wrist. It was my first tatt, and was to memorialize my childhood dog, who was my only constant friend thru a military life of always moving. He was a proper Jack Russell, lived 18 years. We bought him in a pub in England, then brought him to the States with us.

Well that's enough feelings for the day.
    I have no idea what I'm doing, I just fkking do it.
    If it's hard that just means you need to do it more until it isn't.

~DSC~X~
    *AF Vet Crew**aeronautical science student*
    ♡beards♡

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have one small seagull silhouette on my hip bone.

Got it at 15 in the 80s the old fashioned way with the double needles dipped in ink thing, at someone's house from a friend of a friend who learned how to do it in prison (for misdemeanor charge, if I recall.)

I actually drew it myself on my skin before he got it done- the needle hurt like hell LOL

I thought I was pretty badass then and well, this was before AIDS and all that. My parents has no idea! I'd freak out to think my own sons would do anything like that so young!

I chose a seagull to represent freedom from convention and now that I'm 50 and super boring and responsible, it makes me smile that even so young, I was once out there fighting the "system" and trying to rebel and all!
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

Mcbourque...
    Originally Posted by Summersalt View Post
    You don't sounds like the boring type at all!
    Once a free spirit, always a free spirit!

Even though the feelz were shortly lived for the day....Thanks for sharing this.
    You are real as always.
    I have my own story about a dog from my childhood and I think I understand a little the importance...
    Originally Posted by Hannah82 View Post
    I have one over my right scap area of a pinup (as a bust, not full body) with a crown on her head. No interesting story, I like oldschool pinup tattoos and crowns. Sugarskull style skull and crossbones on right wrist, again no story, just like skulls and stuff. Dog paw print on left wrist. It was my first tatt, and was to memorialize my childhood dog, who was my only constant friend thru a military life of always moving. He was a proper Jack Russell, lived 18 years. We bought him in a pub in England, then brought him to the States with us.

Well that's enough feelings for the day.