Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Animal Whey Chocolate Mint Review

Animal Whey Chocolate Mint
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un...imal-whey.html

First Off:

Very grateful for Animal Rep being generous enough to offer to send this out for me to try when discussing Chocolate Mint protein powders. Thank you Animal Rep! I have tried many Chocolate Mint flavored proteins and I was very curious how this flavor would turn out since all brands have a different take on the chocolate to mint ratio's and get very different flavors as a result.

About the Reviewer:
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 251lbs
    27 years old
    Training for 6+ years
    Current training style/method: Bodybuilding
    Current goal: Cutting
    # of years taking Supplements: 6+ years

About Animal Whey:

The rise and emergence of the supplement industry brought supplemental protein powder into the mainstream, turning average protein supps from chalky cans of undrinkable sludge into delicious fitness smoothies. Shaker cups were everywhere. Protein powder was in seemingly every household. But as the category exploded, quality diminished in the pursuit of better taste and wider margins.

As a result, Animal—one of the most respected brands in the trenches of the iron sports, never truly entered the protein game in earnest. If it couldn't be done right, we wouldn't do it at all. Three proven decades in the gym bags of the hardest lifters on the planet, and no protein power. Until now.

The most serious brand in bodybuilding delivers a product its consumers have been demanding for years. Animal WHEY. A protein blend heavy in cross flow micro-filtered whey protein isolate, complemented by ultra-filtrated whey protein concentrate and fortified with the proven and highly-touted digestive enzymes papain and bromelain, Animal WHEY lives to the lofty standard strived for and set by Animal, making it worthy to bear the unmistakable Iconic imagery on its front label.

An impressive Supplement Facts box wouldn't be enough, however, it would have to live up to hype in the field—on the weight room floors of the most hardcore gyms in the world... In the shaker cups and blenders of the most committed lifters out there. It would have to mix with ease and taste great, making drinking multiple shakes per day a pleasure, not a painful chore. Because let's face it, if your protein powder tastes like ****, it is less likely you will drink it as much as needed to hit your daily macronutrient goals. Unacceptable. To be worthy of the Animal aegis, it would have to taste as good as it worked. And once again, in this regard, Animal WHEY is a triumph.

The right proteins, easily digested. Tasting great and going down easy. That's the standard. And a towering standard at that. But these are the sorts of goals to which we aspire. To be uncompromising in our efforts to supply the most demanding weightlifters and bodybuilders on the planet with the right tool for the job. Every time. And it is with this superlative ideal in mind that we proudly present Animal WHEY. The most essential of the bodybuilding supplement basics. Finally done right.

Available Flavors:
    -Banana Cream
    -Chocolate
    -Chocolate Chocolate Chip
    -Chocolate Mint
    -Cookies and Cream
    -Frosted Cinnamon Bun
    -Pumpkin Pie
    -Strawberry
    -Vanilla

Profile:

Nothing flashy about the label, nor should there be. This is protein powder, so as long as it doesn't contain fillers and it's not amino spiked, it's usually pretty solid. Right at about 120 calories with 25g of Cross Flow Micro Filtered Whey Protein Isolate and Ultra Filtrated Whey Protein Concentrate. Low carbs and fats and also comes with digestive enzymes. When I'm looking for a protein powder, this is often the label I'd like to see.

Mix-ability/Texture:

Like most straight whey proteins, mixes easily in a shaker cup with only a few seconds of shaking. Using both water and almond milk(6-8oz per scoop), I had zero mixability issues. Rather creamy when mixing with water which you don't see often. Rich and creamy when mixing with almond milk. Not too thin and not too thick. I'd say Animal Whey has been thicker than most straight whey's in my experience.

Taste:

Excellent ratio between the chocolate and mint. I'm met with an initial mint taste upon sipping. The longer it took me to sip, the more I'm met with a rich chocolate taste. Then you taste the mint at the end. I'd say it's a rather even ratio of mint and chocolate. Just smelling the powder, you'd think mint was an overpowering taste, but it's a great mix. The usual consensus with mint proteins is judging how close they meet Andes Mints on flavor or if it's more like mint ice cream. I'd say this flavor isn't far off from Andes Mints and is one of the few protein powders to effectively come this close to Andes Mints.

-Water: Held a strong flavor in water. Consistency is on the thinner end, but the strong taste was impressive.

-Almond Milk: The cream in the almond milk really brought the flavor out even more and made it taste like a rich chocolate mixed with the mint. Easily my preference over water. This is where the consistency is a bit thicker than most straight whey proteins.

Comparisons:

I rank this one pretty high on my list of Chocolate Mint proteins. I really enjoy it! I get sick of mint pretty fast, so only certain shakes I enjoy with a mint flavor. Here's my list of favorites in the order I rank them:

1. BSN Syntha 6 Chocolate Mint
    2. Animal Whey Chocolate Mint
    3. PES Select White Chocolate Peppermint
    4. Trutein Chocolate Mint
    5. Cellucor Mint Chocolate Chip
    6. Mutant Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Final Thoughts:

Easily one of my favorite Chocolate Mint protein powders that mixes great and has an excellent profile. Will I buy this protein in the future? Yes. Do I recommend this product? Yes!

Store Review:
    http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/univ...2bd2604cef428/

Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I came for the 10/10, but left sorely disappointed.

Haha, nice thorough review.
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    I came for the 10/10, but left sorely disappointed. The added fats and carbs in Syntha 6 is likely the reason it just barely beats it on my favorites list.

Haha, nice thorough review.
    Haha, no number ratings in my reviews. But I did give a 10/10 in the store review of the flavor
    Last edited by Misctake7; 02-05-2016 at 12:20 PM.

from_scratch is a name known to all. (+5000) from_scratch is a name known to all. (+5000) from_scratch is a name known to all. (+5000) from_scratch is a name known to all. (+5000) from_scratch is a name known to all. (+5000) from_scratch is a name known to all. (+5000) from_scratch is a name known to all. (+5000) from_scratch is a name known to all. (+5000) from_scratch is a name known to all. (+5000) from_scratch is a name known to all. (+5000) from_scratch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great review! I can't wait to try this flavor. The UPS man is hold out on me.
    ++CountryMike Appreciation Crew++

**REVIEWS**
    -Steel Edge
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170379111&p=1420947391#post1420947391
    - Protogen-
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170381691

Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Appreciate the review brother.
    Animal Rep

instagram: @onelargepanda / Follow for weekly Animal giveaways!

www.animalpak.com
    Twitter & Instagram @animalpak
    ******** @officialanimalpak

SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great review my man! Just opened up my sample tub today, really good
    iForce Blueberry Muffin: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169778043
    Animal Whey CCC: /showthread.php?t=167687511
    BPI PBICB Whey-HD: /showthread.php?t=169558393
    JetMass Log: /showthread.php?t=168753313

ryemain24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryemain24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryemain24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryemain24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryemain24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryemain24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryemain24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryemain24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryemain24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryemain24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryemain24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the review. I've actually never tried a Mint flavored protein.

Originally Posted by from_scratch View Post
    Great review! I can't wait to try this flavor. The UPS man is hold out on me.
    Originally Posted by Firefist44 View Post
    Appreciate the review brother.
    Originally Posted by SOH11 View Post
    Great review my man! Just opened up my sample tub today, really good
    Originally Posted by ryemain24 View Post
    Thanks guys!

I highly recommend giving it a try! I'm not a big mint fan, but when something tastes good enough, I'm a fan. And Animal nailed this flavor!

Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ryemain24 View Post
    I think you either like it or you don't. Some people love chocolate mint, in cookies or in mints and others don't. If you like the taste, then I'm sure you will love the Animal Whey.

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the feedback brother
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is my go to, Choco Mint, like you said, you can get tired of. So far, im good!
    Universal - www.UniversalUSA.com
    Animal - www.AnimalPak.com

My Personal Site - www.ChristianCoronato.com

Originally Posted by TreeTrunkLegs View Post
    This is my go to, Choco Mint, like you said, you can get tired of. So far, im good!
    I'm surprised I have any left of this tub. I usually have it daily either as a shake or mixed with cream of wheat.

Originally Posted by TreeTrunkLegs View Post
    I've always wondered this myself. How long can you go on a single protein shake flavor, any brand, before you get "tired" of something and your taste buds demand something new? A week? A month?

Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefist44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always wondered this myself. How long can you go on a single protein shake flavor, any brand, before you get "tired" of something and your taste buds demand something new? A week? A month?
    Well, I've been doing Frosted Cinnamon Bun ever since it came out and I'm pretty content still haha.
    Animal Rep

instagram: @onelargepanda / Follow for weekly Animal giveaways!

www.animalpak.com
    Twitter & Instagram @animalpak
    ******** @officialanimalpak

I own so many flavors that I often don't have the same one multiple days in a row. Never want to worry about getting tired of a protein powder but I know I could do a chocolate peanut butter or cinnamon protein for months.

Originally Posted by Misctake7 View Post
    I own so many flavors that I often don't have the same one multiple days in a row. Never want to worry about getting tired of a protein powder but I know I could do a chocolate peanut butter or cinnamon protein for months.
    So you try not to use the same flavor consecutively?

So you try not to use the same flavor consecutively?
    Yes, but I've been hooked on this chocolate mint and decided I'd run with it. Have been having pretty much daily is some form or another. Otherwise I mix in a lot of variety to prevent taste buds from getting burned out from one flavor.

TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TreeTrunkLegs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think it depends on the flavor, and the person. Myself, I usually need to stick to a choc or van so i can change flavors at my expense with add ins, however, The Choc Mint i think im going on a few months now and I cant get enough of it.
    Universal - www.UniversalUSA.com
    Animal - www.AnimalPak.com

My Personal Site - www.ChristianCoronato.com

jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree that it doesn't taste that great.

Originally Posted by jasdhiman View Post
    I agree that it doesn't taste that great.
    It's my second favorite Chocolate Mint. Sure did taste great to me

Animal Whey is now on sale. Buy 1, get the 2nd 50% off: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un...imal-whey.html