Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Is depression a life-long disease? (srs)

I've always been under the thought of no.

My ex (no pics) was apparently depressed throughout most of our relationship. To the point of suicidal thoughts. Now these were rare occurrences, but still... wtf? She was raised by a good family, had most of what she wanted, and so on. Her lifestyle choices weren't the best, she didn't take care of her health and such, but in the big picture, I wouldn't generally assume someone in her position would suffer from depression.

Anyway, apparently recently she's developed more consistent suicidal thoughts. We've been broken up for 2.5 months (together 5 years) so I can understand the whole not wanting to live without your S/O or whatever, but I don't think that's what it boils down to. She works hard in school, but she doesn't have any motivation to work on herself outside of that. I am a firm believer in "Just Do It". I think it's that simple. But she described depression to me with a quote - "Depression is being in a life or death situation and being physically unable/unwilling to get up and save your own life" or something like that. That is unfathomable to me.

Any chronic depression brahs can weigh in on this?

AlbertWesker is a name known to all. (+5000) AlbertWesker is a name known to all. (+5000) AlbertWesker is a name known to all. (+5000) AlbertWesker is a name known to all. (+5000) AlbertWesker is a name known to all. (+5000) AlbertWesker is a name known to all. (+5000) AlbertWesker is a name known to all. (+5000) AlbertWesker is a name known to all. (+5000) AlbertWesker is a name known to all. (+5000) AlbertWesker is a name known to all. (+5000) AlbertWesker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had a period of like 6 months where something crazy happened to the chemicals in my brain after I girlfriend'd my oneitis of 3 years and I got seriously anxious and depressed. Literally didn't find joy in anything, heart palpitations, horrifying anxiety, went to doctors to talk about it etc and it disappeared as fast as it came randomly.

These mental things are insanely complex
    Thread Killer

lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lightedshadows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AlbertWesker View Post
    I had a period of like 6 months where something crazy happened to the chemicals in my brain after I girlfriend'd my oneitis of 3 years and I got seriously anxious and depressed. Literally didn't find joy in anything, heart palpitations, horrifying anxiety, went to doctors to talk about it etc and it disappeared as fast as it came randomly.

These mental things are insanely complex
    I've experienced unexplainable depression slumps as well. For weeks, maybe even months. Don't enjoy life etc. And I get that depression is real. But I also think to an extent it IS a mindset. I really do think people need to "Just Do It". I believe at some point it becomes a conscious effort to resist something as opposed to being physically unable.

Registered User EnglandPrevails's Avatar
    EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Our understanding of depression is incomplete, but in at least some cases, it involves an imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain, specifically a decrease in serotonin and/or norepinephrine at various nerve junctions.

As such, it can be a chronic and life-long condition, and your former girlfriend may not have been able to simply "just do it" in terms of overcoming this disease. She would be a good candidate most likely for getting antidepressant medications and/or psychotherapy.

That said, there are people diagnosed with depression who improve, either with or without medication, and whose depressive symptoms are not lifelong. Like I said, it's a complex and incompletely understood illness, so what works for some might not for others.

Originally Posted by EnglandPrevails View Post
    Our understanding of depression is incomplete, but in at least some cases, it involves an imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain, specifically a decrease in serotonin and/or norepinephrine at various nerve junctions.

As such, it can be a chronic and life-long condition, and your former girlfriend may not have been able to simply "just do it" in terms of overcoming this disease. She would be a good candidate most likely for getting antidepressant medications and/or psychotherapy.

That said, there are people diagnosed with depression who improve, either with or without medication, and whose depressive symptoms are not lifelong. Like I said, it's a complex and incompletely understood illness, so what works for some might not for others.
    From what I understand, she's going to be getting antidepressants soon. And simply going to see her counselor or psychiatrist seems to work wonders. It really blows my mind. Out of my group of friends, I'm typically the one people go to when they need to talk about something, get advice, whatever. She was like that as well, but it didn't have the same impact on her that it did on other friends. But if she was going to see her counselor, she could hop in for 30 mins, hop out, and be just fine for a week or two. It's like being an addict or something. You just want that one hit to keep you sane. Seems how it is for her, but it boggles my mind.

Thanks for the reply.

Registered User BackSeatPassion's Avatar
    BackSeatPassion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BackSeatPassion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BackSeatPassion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BackSeatPassion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BackSeatPassion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BackSeatPassion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BackSeatPassion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BackSeatPassion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BackSeatPassion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BackSeatPassion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BackSeatPassion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    People dont really change. Inner problems will porbably presist

The reason why it gets worse is that you get older. At least when you're young, you can still be optimistic about changing. At some point when you are older, you realize it didn't. And theres no more potential for change

Originally Posted by BackSeatPassion View Post
    People dont really change. Inner problems will porbably presist

The reason why it gets worse is that you get older. At least when you're young, you can still be optimistic about changing. At some point when you are older, you realize it didn't. And theres no more potential for change
    That's an interesting take. But it just seems like little to no effort in wanting to change.

She was unhappy about her weight. First thought? Go work out, or diet. She would "diet" and cheat on it constantly. The only thing that would make her feel better is working out. If she got up early, hit the gym, and had coffee in the morning, she'd be in a stellar mood. And she would be consistent with it, until the day she decided to sleep in. Then all that hard work goes down the drain, she's disappointed in herself, etc.

iMarcus will become famous soon enough. (+50) iMarcus will become famous soon enough. (+50) iMarcus will become famous soon enough. (+50) iMarcus will become famous soon enough. (+50) iMarcus will become famous soon enough. (+50) iMarcus will become famous soon enough. (+50) iMarcus will become famous soon enough. (+50) iMarcus will become famous soon enough. (+50) iMarcus will become famous soon enough. (+50) iMarcus will become famous soon enough. (+50) iMarcus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wut?

"a life-long disease"

"a life-long disease"

"...life-long disease"

Fresh New YouTuber! Check Out My Latest Video & Let Me Know What You Think!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3ND1Sl9CgpZNI3FmkI-4fg

Follow My Journey As An Aspiring Bodybuilder on Instagram!
    https://www.instagram.com/imarcusaj (or look me up by username: @imarcusaj)

johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Most of the time, depression is genetic. I've been depressed since I was 12 and it doesn't go away but once you spend too long in dark, it stops bothering you so much.

"When you look into abyss enough, abyss look into you" - Martin Luther King Jr.-850 B.C.

such is life
    “And once you are awake, you shall remain awake eternally. ” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by iMarcus View Post
    Wut?

"a life-long disease"

"a life-long disease"

"...life-long disease"

lmao dat **** got me laughing. Sorry OP

Make Canada Great Again Psyllius's Avatar
    Psyllius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Psyllius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Psyllius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Psyllius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Psyllius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Psyllius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Psyllius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Psyllius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Psyllius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Psyllius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Psyllius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Depends.

Different people have different minds.

Some people say they're depressed when in reality they are just sad.
    They don't want you to win.

Common sense Crew.

johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) johsin28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Better Unborn View Post
    This.

Every day I grow to understand that really... everything is phucking genetic. You will be your father.

Had depression since teens... found out my father battled his all this time as well. Now I'm developing same habits as he has. Lol just lol @ free will.
    I totally agree man. As a young boy, my father was a douchebag, criticized me everytime I made a smallest mistake and never gave me words of comfort and I always told myself that I would never become like him but as I grew older I realised that he has passsed his so many habits into me and there is no escape from it because this is what I've become.
    “And once you are awake, you shall remain awake eternally. ” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krat0z has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This.

Every day I grow to understand that really... everything is phucking genetic. You will be your father.

Had depression since teens... found out my father battled his all this time as well. Now I'm developing same habits as he has. Lol just lol @ free will.
    Depression isnt genetic brah. We can say our parents have some fault giving us depressive habits sometimes..

Originally Posted by johsin28 View Post
    Most of the time, depression is genetic. I've been depressed since I was 12 and it doesn't go away but once you spend too long in dark, it stops bothering you so much.

such is life
    I can't help but disagree with "such is life".

I believe there are things people can do about depression. In some form or fashion. There are outlets, ways to improve, etc. I don't believe it's just "how life is" and there's nothing you can do about it.

Maybe I'm wrong. But it frustrates me to no end.

I was incredibly patient with Ex throughout most of our relationship. Pretty heavy patient levels, which isn't normal for me. And I would sugar-coat things, enable excuses, etc. But eventually I stopped being so much like that, and I raised my expectations on what is/is not acceptable behavior on a more regular basis. Like I didn't want to hear "I can't do this" every day like I was talking to a 4 year old. I'd be much more lenient if I saw effort, but I didn't see much very often. It seemed to come in occasional strides.

That last paragraph may not make sense. Point is, I'm not really an *******, before you guys may think I am. I'm a very nice, level-headed person I think. In general, I have a high tolerance. But I think people use depression, and many other diseases, as a crutch.

This.

Interesting. I mean, we're all in different circumstances, but I believe in free will. I can see why you don't.

I totally agree man. As a young boy, my father was a douchebag, criticized me everytime I made a smallest mistake and never gave me words of comfort and I always told myself that I would never become like him but as I grew older I realised that he has passsed his so many habits into me and there is no escape from it because this is what I've become.
    Sounds like he was an ass, but I believe people can make a conscious effort to overcome those kinds of things and become the person you want to be. May sound cliche, but people do it every day.

Originally Posted by Psyllius View Post
    Depends.

Different people have different minds.

Some people say they're depressed when in reality they are just sad.
    This is also interesting. I think she was actually depressed, but I do agree that people make these words/emotions interchangeable.

Originally Posted by lightedshadows View Post
    I can't help but disagree with "such is life".

I believe there are things people can do about depression. In some form or fashion. There are outlets, ways to improve, etc. I don't believe it's just "how life is" and there's nothing you can do about it.

Maybe I'm wrong. But it frustrates me to no end.

I was incredibly patient with Ex throughout most of our relationship. Pretty heavy patient levels, which isn't normal for me. And I would sugar-coat things, enable excuses, etc. But eventually I stopped being so much like that, and I raised my expectations on what is/is not acceptable behavior on a more regular basis. Like I didn't want to hear "I can't do this" every day like I was talking to a 4 year old. I'd be much more lenient if I saw effort, but I didn't see much very often. It seemed to come in occasional strides.

That last paragraph may not make sense. Point is, I'm not really an *******, before you guys may think I am. I'm a very nice, level-headed person I think. In general, I have a high tolerance. But I think people use depression, and many other diseases, as a crutch.
    Nah bro. For example i have a friend who is depressed because he always thinks what he could have been if his parents gave more discipline and cared more about his future health and self image. What i mean is that there is **** you cant change once childhood is over cos many stuff that happened in that stage have no way to revert back. For some reason childhood trauma is a complicated thing and will haunt you in the future (usually).

cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cannonhand7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im not sure but at this point it doesnt feel like its going to just completely disappear. I was officially diagnosed this november but I could say It probably started around 2 years ago. I take wellbutrin now, but I feel like all it really does is prevent me from getting TOO low, Its not an SSRI, its an SNRI but it still isn't a magic pill that will eventually cure you and believe me I try to work on myself, stay positive etc. But there are external factors that will always make someone who has A+D immediately go into depressed mode, its like their mood is fragile and if a string of bad things happen, that a normal person would kind of eventually shake off, will effect them negatively for a while.

I have good days/weeks but theres plenty of rough ones as well, its really a constant battle and you can almost feel it physically dragging you down every day. There was probably one day this summer where something just clicked and I was motivated again and didnt have that feeling anymore and just felt normal, but it was very short lived (I think it was mainly because of having a girl that I realized really cared for me) days at most.

I really hate it when people say things along the lines of "just do it" or just do "x" or think "x" when its not that easy. Do people think that people that have A+D ENJOY feeling that way, that they dont want to feel normal and not sometimes find difficulty in doing the easiest tasks, let alone hard one. And I dont think it necessarily has anything to do with being mentally strong or weak, Ive had multiple people I'm close to tell me that they know I'm mentally strong. I think the more intelligent and the more aware you are of your surrounding reality, and the world the more likely you will develop A+D, ignorance really is bliss.

The only thing I can honestly say "cured" or made me feel nearly completely normal and motivated etc again was my 1st experience with mushrooms, I was effectively cured for a month or two after and theres literature supporting psychedelics having that effect on treatment resistant depression but funding always gets cut off as the government/big pharma would not like something they cannot monopolize to be vastly more effective at treating a disease they make drugs for.
    Last edited by cannonhand7; 02-04-2016 at 11:21 PM.
    5'8 Master race crew
    5'8 210 9%
    405x3 B/500x3 High bar Sq (beltless)/620 dead (beltless)
    Misc's biggest natty.
    2016 NPC Atlantic State Junior Overall Champ+top 3 LHW
    Contest Prep/Diet/Supplement Coach

He didn't pass habits. You would have become the same person anyway, srs. I haven't seen my father in like 15+ years... so it's not like I spent most of my formative years with him. And I was nothing like him when I was younger. Now though... just lol, it's scary.

Yes, it is. Everything is genetic. From your hardware / dopamine sensitivity, etc. to how you process stimuli and information is all genetic. If your brain is more dopaminergic, you will learn that hard work feels good and brings results. If your brain is dopamine insensitive, you gonna learn tat hard work is just a waste of time and a necessary evil at best. Your parents CAN'T teach you the opposite. You are who you are simply because you could not be any other way. Even the result of conditioning is pre-determined by your genes mane.
    Do you honestly think you're depressive cos genes? I mean, dont you have any life event/or regrets during childhood that made you feel depressive for so long?

Originally Posted by Krat0z View Post
    Depression isnt genetic brah. We can say our parents have some fault giving us depressive habits sometimes..
    Science says otherwise

http://www.healthline.com/health/depression/genetic

He didn't pass habits. You would have become the same person anyway, srs. I haven't seen my father in like 15+ years... so it's not like I spent most of my formative years with him. And I was nothing like him when I was younger. Now though... just lol, it's scary.

Yes, it is. Everything is genetic. From your hardware / dopamine sensitivity, etc. to how you process stimuli and information is all genetic. If your brain is more dopaminergic, you will learn that hard work feels good and brings results. If your brain is dopamine insensitive, you gonna learn tat hard work is just a waste of time and a necessary evil at best. Your parents CAN'T teach you the opposite. You are who you are simply because you could not be any other way. Even the result of conditioning is pre-determined by your genes mane.
    Yeah, I didn't mean he consiously passed it, I meant I got it cause he had it. I don't even talk to him anymore and it has been over 15 yrs since we had real father son conversation last time but I'm stuck with his genes and there isn't much I can do to change it, I can make consious effort but sooner or later, I fall back into it.

ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some people get more easily depressed than others. As you get older, you learn to deal with it. Or you don't, in which case you're screwed.

Maybe you're right. Ive seen some rare cases where i live, with people that had everything (good looking, money, probably normal-good social life) but still tried to kill themselves and then there is the opposite from that and are happy mofos. I'll never understand this ****..

ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    does she live in a house with mold? srs question

DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    step dad suicided from 20 years depression. it's a real thing.
    -Ethering Kings Founder & CEO
    -MAGA since day 1 crew
    -G43x crew
    -PureBlood Crew #DeltaSurvivor

*****HayZues Christi is a poor liberal LMAO*****

shook Trump's hand and never washing it again crew

Originally Posted by cannonhand7 View Post
    text
    This is all familiar to what Ex has told me in the past. Some days are good, some bad, some whatever. Sometimes it all temporarily disappears (Very rarely) and things feel normal.

But w/ people like me, who say "just do it", I don't think truly depressed people enjoy feeling depressed. But I don't believe that half the people who say they're depressed are actually clinically depressed. You're a "rare" case. It's like people who are obese, but say it's a disorder instead of them neglecting their health. Tons of people say it in the south, but at the end of the day, most people look at it as an excuse. Because it is.

It's quite possible for my ex to be clinically depressed. That is probably the case with how severe things have gotten. But it's something that is hard for me to accept for some reason. This isn't a stand-alone concept either. I believe many cases of "addiction" are petty. I think people have more control over their actions than they do. I believe if you were actually in a life or death situation, and the gun wasn't in your hands, but someone was pointing the gun at you, you would do everything you could to survive. I think suicide is cheap, selfish, and in 95% of cases, pathetic. I can empathize and sympathize with people, but I don't agree with people taking these kinds of actions or stances. I think diseases, suicide, addiction, and many others are fads.

I think if you truly need help, you should seek help. I believe that life has the potential to be beautiful, and people should strive to find the beauty in it.

I just look around and see the life that I've been through, which I perceive as more difficult than most (especially the town I live in) and look at people who claim to have all these issues, such as depression and I don't see a reason for them to be depressed. I see them taking things for granted.

I do appreciate the responses from you guys though. It's helping to open my eyes. I've always thought that I am open-minded, but this particular situation (and others I've listed) I just haven't been able to wrap my head around.

Originally Posted by DeshaunWatson View Post
    step dad suicided from 20 years depression. it's a real thing.
    I'm not saying it's not real. I've learned a lot since making this thread like an hour ago. Or at least I've thought "oh yeah that makes sense".

I understand if people get offended by my viewpoint. But it's an odd concept to me that people aren't in control of their actions because of depression. I've been "depressed" at some points in my life. But I've never had the desire to kill myself. Ever. Like others have said, it has instantly gone away.

I guess I believe that action can cure depression, or alleviate it. And I don't mean action as in suicide. I mean by working on yourself. Putting in time and effort into something. "Forcing" yourself to do it. Go to the gym. Find out you actually enjoy it, like my ex did. But be consistent with it. I don't know.

JD805 is just really nice. (+1000) JD805 is just really nice. (+1000) JD805 is just really nice. (+1000) JD805 is just really nice. (+1000) JD805 is just really nice. (+1000) JD805 is just really nice. (+1000) JD805 is just really nice. (+1000) JD805 is just really nice. (+1000) JD805 is just really nice. (+1000) JD805 is just really nice. (+1000) JD805 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I honestly don't know if I'm depressed. I've experienced some f*cked up feelings and emotions but at the same time I've learned to smile in the rain and there are times where I am extremely and genuinely happy. Cheer up guys

WarriorRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WarriorRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WarriorRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WarriorRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WarriorRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WarriorRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WarriorRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WarriorRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WarriorRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WarriorRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WarriorRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nobody is going to believe what I'm about to say but here it goes.

I've been depressed since I was at least 14 years old. Last year was the worst for and I almost ended it. However I sought help and got counseling.

However that got me through but didn't change how my mind really felt. The feeling of emptiness, and vulnerability. It's hard to explain unless you've actually felt it.

Recently I've started taking Vitamin C. All I can say is wow my mind feels complete. Yes the depressive thoughts come and go but my mind feels high, and relaxed.

My mind literally feels so good it's hard to focus at times because I'm just soaking up all the good I'm feeling.

It may not help any of you but it did me. Life is a hell of a lot easier now that my mind is at ease.

Originally Posted by WarriorRustler View Post
    Nobody is going to believe what I'm about to say but here it goes.

I've been depressed since I was at least 14 years old. Last year was the worst for and I almost ended it. However I sought help and got counseling.

However that got me through but didn't change how my mind really felt. The feeling of emptiness, and vulnerability. It's hard to explain unless you've actually felt it.

Recently I've started taking Vitamin C. All I can say is wow my mind feels complete. Yes the depressive thoughts come and go but my mind feels high, and relaxed.

My mind literally feels so good it's hard to focus at times because I'm just soaking up all the good I'm feeling.

It may not help any of you but it did me. Life is a hell of a lot easier now that my mind is at ease.
    yo thats crazy. Vitamin C = depression cure. How much are you taking?

godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nope, my life was good, srs. Healthy, had friends, had girls. Was popular in school. Never went hungry and got praise for doing good deeds. Then everything just slowly rotted away and so did I. Same environment, same people. The only thing different was me. The only real way I can handle it now is rotting hard as phuck at night. I'd rather be chipper and annoying as fuq. But that ain't in my genes no matter how hard I want it.