Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    because MERICA that's why TheAmericano's Avatar
    TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ontclone View Post
    can you guys study with music on? if you guys are studying that much im sure you need some kinda of music
    Most people like to say they need some type of distraction (music, TV, someone noises room) blah blah blah,,,,,,,it's BS

- the real tea is, only a small percentage of people on the planet can legit study like that. Most people (if not all) need silence and full concentration to fully master new material
    - I'm sorry; I couldn't hear your complaints over the sound of all this freedom!

~ Merica

- Everybody wants to make it, but nobody wants to put in the work!

koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by maverick707 View Post
    So much respect for all you bros who are in med school and becoming doctors. I have heard the struggle from friends who did it, but now they are doctors and are just really happy and friendly all the time i see them. It is all worth it in the end. You will have a very high salary and if you are good at business you can open your own practice with other doctors and you have your own business kind of like an entrepreneur. I don't think a lot of med students realize this. You can take as much vacation as you like and have all the money to do whatever you want on it to travel all over and not worry about money for fancy hotels and fun stuff. The lifestyle of being a doctor is of course stressful dealing with patients and everything, but doctors in the hospital are treated with so much respect. You are surrounded by nurses and all sorts of people all day that look up to you.
    i get that but i dont wanna be 35 and still forever alone

BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheAmericano View Post
    Most people like to say they need some type of distraction (music, TV, someone noises room) blah blah blah,,,,,,,it's BS

- the real tea is, only a small percentage of people on the planet can legit study like that. Most people (if not all) need silence and full concentration to fully master new material
    nobody can study while watching tv or listening to music its broscience. even if you "could" you would do way better without it. why spend 60 minutes watching netflix and studying re-reading the same sh!t cause you can't remember/concentrate when you can just get it done in half the time with focused energy?

I would think people in med school of all people would not want to take that approach even though they might be studying all day they realize you can't fuking do it like that. its counter productive.
    Death is impossible for us to fathom: it is so immense, so frightening, that we will do almost anything to avoid thinking about it. Society is organized to make death invisible, to keep it several steps removed. That distance may seem necessary for our comfort, but it comes with a terrible price: the illusion of limitless time, and a consequent lack of seriousness about daily life. We are running away from the one reality that faces us all.

awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't neg but I had those feelings in 1st sem of nursing school. Going on 2nd. But oh man idk how I survived. Brb commuting to school 5 days a week.

brb thrown in the hospital and asked to take care of patients and give their meds.

I've seems some chit (literally) and sometimes I wonder if MD is more fitting to my personality.

brb Doctor makes rounds spending 30 seconds in each room.

OP I'm sure your feelings are pretty common in med school. Fuk those "oh I barely study and work full time" people who seem to have it all together. Do you. If you really want it then you must keep that head up. If you don't, do some soul searching before you waste years of your life srs
    Look, i know i don't really know you and all, and i know you probably hear this like everyday, but your just so perfect to me. The few hours we talked were really great even if the convo was stale, your really pretty and chill, and your country thats just perfect :'D i really dont know how to explain it, but i think i have feelings for you somehow. i never felt like this with someone i just met, but i felt the need to get it off my chest. sorry for being all weird just idk how to explain it D:

drLihp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drLihp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drLihp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drLihp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drLihp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drLihp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drLihp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drLihp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drLihp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drLihp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drLihp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    try living couple days in syria then come back and talk about medical school being literal hell

Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drLihp View Post
    try living couple days in syria then come back and talk about medical school being literal hell

the existence of other suffering doesn't detract from OP's struggle. Faulty reasoning.

I'm studying physiology and psychology, and am trying to get really good marks to get into medschool. Any advice for me brahs?
    to the best!

bench 308
    squat 440
    deadlift 440

because MERICA that's why TheAmericano's Avatar
    TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BostonRockets View Post
    nobody can study while watching tv or listening to music its broscience. even if you "could" you would do way better without it. why spend 60 minutes watching netflix and studying re-reading the same sh!t cause you can't remember/concentrate when you can just get it done in half the time with focused energy?

I would think people in med school of all people would not want to take that approach even though they might be studying all day they realize you can't fuking do it like that. its counter productive.
    yea brah that's what I said. But you hear it people saying it all the time.
    - I'm sorry; I couldn't hear your complaints over the sound of all this freedom!

~ Merica

- Everybody wants to make it, but nobody wants to put in the work!

Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lightly-Juiced is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am a first year as well. Class 8-5 everyday exect Fridays which is until 2. Every Friday I go out and then sleep until 1 and study Saturday and Sunday. I maybe lift three times a week. Once on weekends once during the week at the school gym and once at my apartment.

Time is so valuable now I can't waste a second doing anything else but studying but Friday's I do what I want. You have to take at least one mental health day.

So many feels man class all day eat at the school then library until 10-11 every night. It's especially hard after winter break.
    *Sold my cock to Lumber Liquidators because its not like I am using it *
    *Walk into Moes, nobody says welcome to Moes*
    *Not worried about someone stealing my identity because nobody wants to be me crew*
    *Nearly overdosed on Zoloft*
    *Life is like an Abilify commercial*
    *Not a ****phile I am just looking for thin mints*
    *mod negged for no reason crew*

Powerlifting Doctor Hardlifter9's Avatar
    Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So much respect for all you bros who are in med school and becoming doctors. I have heard the struggle from friends who did it, but now they are doctors and are just really happy and friendly all the time i see them. It is all worth it in the end. You will have a very high salary and if you are good at business you can open your own practice with other doctors and you have your own business kind of like an entrepreneur. I don't think a lot of med students realize this. You can take as much vacation as you like and have all the money to do whatever you want on it to travel all over and not worry about money for fancy hotels and fun stuff. The lifestyle of being a doctor is of course stressful dealing with patients and everything, but doctors in the hospital are treated with so much respect. You are surrounded by nurses and all sorts of people all day that look up to you.
    Yea the business side is very doable if something is good at it. It takes some skills and a business sense. The ability to self market and promote yourself on a broad scale....
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

Bench Press: 560lbs

Squat: 545lbs
    Deadlift: 600lbs

maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by koreangenetics View Post
    i get that but i dont wanna be 35 and still forever alone
    thats crazy, if you were a woman then you would worry more about that kind of stuff, but as a man its not going to happen as long as you are just friendly with everyone in your classes and you meet, and they know you are becoming a doctor. The biggest problem for a lot of guys on here is that you overanalyze everything about dating, you just have to learn to be positive and friendly and women come naturally, regardless or race or whatever your saying. Especially if they know your becoming a doctor. can't you just go on tinder and put in your profile, 'med student, too busy to go out to meet girls, thats my excuse for being on here' or some chit like that?

Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
    Getting married, fiancees best friend is Emergency medicine, and her now husband is Ortho. Our other friends just got married and are Surgery and Derm.... Etc, etc, etc.

You will have time for it 3rd and 4th year.

There all got married 4th year, or intern year.
    lul he's talking about having 0 dating options
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Lightly-Juiced View Post
    I am a first year as well. Class 8-5 everyday exect Fridays which is until 2. Every Friday I go out and then sleep until 1 and study Saturday and Sunday. I maybe lift three times a week. Once on weekends once during the week at the school gym and once at my apartment.

Time is so valuable now I can't waste a second doing anything else but studying but Friday's I do what I want. You have to take at least one mental health day.

So many feels man class all day eat at the school then library until 10-11 every night. It's especially hard after winter break.
    what about dating. if i had a wifeable gf rn everything would be so much better. everything in my life would be set

thats crazy, if you were a woman then you would worry more about that kind of stuff, but as a man its not going to happen as long as you are just friendly with everyone in your classes and you meet, and they know you are becoming a doctor. The biggest problem for a lot of guys on here is that you overanalyze everything about dating, you just have to learn to be positive and friendly and women come naturally, regardless or race or whatever your saying. Especially if they know your becoming a doctor. can't you just go on tinder and put in your profile, 'med student, too busy to go out to meet girls, thats my excuse for being on here' or some chit like that?
    Actually it's the other way around. Women have plenty of great options at any age. That's the fact of 2016... maybe not in 1980. For guys you run out of options very quickly. And lol @ thinking anyone on tinder cares. I killed tinder all of last year and don't think even 10% of the girls ever read my bio lul.
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

Registered User EnglandPrevails's Avatar
    EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't take first year so seriously OP!

You just need to do enough to pass your classes. The biggest things to worry about are doing well in Step 1 (which you won't take for a long time) and then doing great during your clinical years.

For now, do your best, but also stay sane, workout, have a good time. My first year, I played so much Halo and basketball with friends. Those were the good days. It's third year when **** hits the fan, so enjoy these days while you can.

Originally Posted by EnglandPrevails View Post
    Don't take first year so seriously OP!

You just need to do enough to pass your classes. The biggest things to worry about are doing well in Step 1 (which you won't take for a long time) and then doing great during your clinical years.

For now, do your best, but also stay sane, workout, have a good time. My first year, I played so much Halo and basketball with friends. Those were the good days. It's third year when **** hits the fan, so enjoy these days while you can.
    u wot? if i played halo everyday i would fail. no lie

Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by y0jimbo View Post
    the thing is, being a Dr isn't any different, enjoy
    This.

What were you expecting OP? You're not going to have a life while you're a resident either. If you wanted a life you picked the wrong career.
    Carpe diem

yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JyzzMagnet View Post
    Any advice for someone starting M1 this summer? College for the most part was a blast and especially in the later years... After getting my acceptance on Oct 15 I went on a rampage with the undergrad hunnies and reading posts ITT is makin me say sheeeeeeeeet... I still wanna be like this dude below but I want to specialize too. Damn help me out bros so I don't go wrong like you guys did.

I'm not planning on going to class, so that should help... Gonna watch at 1.5x and study on my own and just show up for mandatory things. But I farking love dating, the hunt of meeting em for drinks n chit then making your way into the sugar walls.. Keeps me going ... No way I can just study all the time without blasting my creamy goo in some tight young thing, but I'm worried I won't have time to swipe all the time and message bishes on OK Cupid once school starts
    I am not a classgoer either. I watch all lectures at 1.5-2x to save time. You can still have fun even if you "want to specialize".. whether or not you specialize is depdnent heavily on your step 1 score, which is not something you worry about until M2. As an M1 i went out all the time on weekends, had plenty of dates, had fun during the week, etc. I had plenty of fun and still out performed a majority of the class. You can do well and still have fun.

M2 is a different story because your end game is step 1, not the exam you have next week. So it's a constant study mode. Fun can still be had, though. I just don't drink as much anymore since it can take you out of commission for a while.
    Support our Troops

mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    can't you just go on tinder and put in your profile, 'med student, too busy to go out to meet girls, thats my excuse for being on here' or some chit like that?

THIS.

OP's race WILL, in all likelihood, hurt his match rate on tinder. BUT, if his bio lists the local school of medicine and he states that he's a med student, I'm sure he can snag AT LEAST ONE f-buddy.

These apps make it TOO easy these days! But phuck non-stop serial dating though, he shouldn't be trying to aspire to do that in med school. Just find a reliable, low-maintenance phuck buddy or two who you can call up for stress release and you're good. No time for serial dating bullchit -- At least not until the easier clerkships during 3-4th year

Sauce: am dr, had reliable low maintenance f-buddy throughout med school.

maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hardlifter9 View Post
    Actually it's the other way around. Women have plenty of great options at any age. That's the fact of 2016... maybe not in 1980. For guys you run out of options very quickly. And lol @ thinking anyone on tinder cares. I killed tinder all of last year and don't think even 10% of the girls ever read my bio lul.
    I know everyone has different life experiences and all that, but i definitely disagree. If you were a broke unmotivated deadbeat then yeah girls aren't going to like you, but a med student / doctor is a whole different thing. How many people get accepted into med school and will be making a few hundred grand a year? not many. I know tons of girls and their views on things like this

Originally Posted by mTOR View Post
    THIS.

OP's race WILL, in all likelihood, hurt his match rate on tinder. BUT, if his bio lists the local school of medicine and he states that he's a med student, I'm sure he can snag AT LEAST ONE f-buddy.

These apps make it TOO easy these days! But phuck non-stop serial dating though, he shouldn't be trying to aspire to do that in med school. Just find a reliable, low-maintenance phuck buddy or two who you can call up for stress release and you're good. No time for serial dating bullchit -- At least not until the easier clerkships during 3-4th year

Sauce: am dr, had reliable low maintenance f-buddy throughout med school.
    idk man. im more willing to find a wifeable girl for a few years and get married before i start residency at this point. most girls arent even worth talking to with all the bs they cause

EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000) EnglandPrevails is a name known to all. (+5000)
    u wot? if i played halo everyday i would fail. no lie
    If you're having trouble keeping up, obviously don't make things harder on yourself. Just stick with it and it will get easier as you go along, at least in terms of knowing how much you need to study to succeed.

Seriously, don't give up hope or completely abandon your hobbies. You'll be alright.

this phuckin guy TastesLikeRoids's Avatar
    TastesLikeRoids is just really nice. (+1000) TastesLikeRoids is just really nice. (+1000) TastesLikeRoids is just really nice. (+1000) TastesLikeRoids is just really nice. (+1000) TastesLikeRoids is just really nice. (+1000) TastesLikeRoids is just really nice. (+1000) TastesLikeRoids is just really nice. (+1000) TastesLikeRoids is just really nice. (+1000) TastesLikeRoids is just really nice. (+1000) TastesLikeRoids is just really nice. (+1000) TastesLikeRoids is just really nice. (+1000)
    tje basic sciences suck, it gets better during clinicals
    WHERE THEY DO THAT AT????

Originally Posted by EnglandPrevails View Post
    If you're having trouble keeping up, obviously don't make things harder on yourself. Just stick with it and it will get easier as you go along, at least in terms of knowing how much you need to study to succeed.

Seriously, don't give up hope or completely abandon your hobbies. You'll be alright.
    i mean im passing all my classes. thats not the problem.

the problem is with being an asian guy being hard as it is to date. with med school makes it even harder

mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    idk man. im more willing to find a wifeable girl for a few years and get married before i start residency at this point. most girls arent even worth talking to with all the bs they cause

Why you try'na rush it brah you getting family/social group pressure? In general, your date-quality pull will be stronger once you have that M.D...

DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I hope you're becoming a surgeon or an oncologist or plan on practicing boutique medicine. Otherwise, no, it's not worth it.

Originally Posted by mTOR View Post
    Why you try'na rush it brah you getting family/social group pressure? In general, your date-quality pull will be stronger once you have that M.D...
    now that i think about it, when i put med student in tinder i got 80 matches in couple of weeks.

i restarted my acct with no profile and 2 matches in 1 week lol.

too bad most girls i would be embarassed to be seen in public with

I know everyone has different life experiences and all that, but i definitely disagree. If you were a broke unmotivated deadbeat then yeah girls aren't going to like you, but a med student / doctor is a whole different thing. How many people get accepted into med school and will be making a few hundred grand a year? not many. I know tons of girls and their views on things like this
    You realize most guys arent broke deadbeats right? Why compare extremes? I used to have the most success when I barely said anything about myself to girls. It's all about them liking your look and also liking how you are/how you talk. Career isn't a factor until you're older and trying with single moms. Even then they still have to be attracted to you and that isn't something someone can choose to do. By the time you are making a lot of money the quality options are long gone.
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

Everydang u do is balloon 20Mavs11's Avatar
    20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im most worried about dating now, cause most girls dont even like asian guys and i dont get a chance to meet alot of asian girls anyhow. and what happens when i get sent to residency in bumfuk nowhere? i will be 32 and still single while most quality girls are taken up. i hope im not worrying for no reason and hope everything works out in the end

and dont give bs about how im a doctor and all girls will flock to me. i dont get any difference in matches on tinder weather i put im a doctor or not. girls dont give a fk. they only care about banging chads
    I think most Doctors meet their spouse in their residency. Those hnnnnng female nurses have high standards since they put in effort to get that career. Don't worry. At 32, you'll find a nice 25 year old female nurse that is in awe of you, since you're a Doctor and rich.
    [Dallas Cowboys][Dallas Mavericks][Texas Rangers][TCU*NCAA][DFW Crew]
    [Law of Attraction Crew]

There are glowies on the misc now. Don't fall for the bait.

i mean im passing all my classes. thats not the problem.

the problem is with being an asian guy being hard as it is to date. with med school makes it even harder

Lol, don't worry about dating. What invariably happens is that you'll get with a single chick in your class, or with a dental or nursing student. If you don't make any moves before graduating, you'll hook up with an intern.

Just get your head in a good place. You're passing your classes, now work on creating a little free time for yourself, and you'll be golden.

now that i think about it, when i put med student in tinder i got 80 matches in couple of weeks.

i restarted my acct with no profile and 2 matches in 1 week lol.

too bad most girls i would be embarassed to be seen in public with
    I got 3000 matches in like 5 months without having it in there. And much less since adding it in. Makes 0 difference.
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter