Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Im most worried about dating now, cause most girls dont even like asian guys and i dont get a chance to meet alot of asian girls anyhow. and what happens when i get sent to residency in bumfuk nowhere? i will be 32 and still single while most quality girls are taken up. i hope im not worrying for no reason and hope everything works out in the end

and dont give bs about how im a doctor and all girls will flock to me. i dont get any difference in matches on tinder weather i put im a doctor or not. girls dont give a fk. they only care about banging chads

Dota2Brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dota2Brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dota2Brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dota2Brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dota2Brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dota2Brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dota2Brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dota2Brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dota2Brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dota2Brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dota2Brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by koreangenetics View Post
    u have a long day just to come home to study all night
    no time to talk to people except look at books. starting to become more anti social and lonely
    no time to go on dates with girls
    no days off
    no relaxing on weekends
    havent lifted in month
    have 10 exams coming up
    friends playing video games at night and going on dates while i sit in my room all day

tell me its worth it brahs
    it will only pay off if you love medicine and if you specialize, otherwise no.

if you don't love medicine, then dealing with insurance, ungrateful patients, death, and long hours will kill you.

if you don't specialize, then you made a stupid financial move.

koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000) koreangenetics is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Dota2Brah View Post
    it will only pay off if you love medicine and if you specialize, otherwise no.

if you don't love medicine, then dealing with insurance, ungrateful patients, death, and long hours will kill you.

if you don't specialize, then you made a stupid financial move.
    well chances of specializing are pretty small so i guess majority of people in medicine made a stupid move financially

Powerlifting Doctor Hardlifter9's Avatar
    Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Im most worried about dating now, cause most girls dont even like asian guys and i dont get a chance to meet alot of asian girls anyhow. and what happens when i get sent to residency in bumfuk nowhere? i will be 32 and still single while most quality girls are taken up. i hope im not worrying for no reason and hope everything works out in the end

and dont give bs about how im a doctor and all girls will flock to me. i dont get any difference in matches on tinder weather i put im a doctor or not. girls dont give a fk. they only care about banging chads
    You're right. I had wayyy more success during pre-med years since I actually had free time. Used to be fun and girls never care what you do unless you're a complete loser bum. Anything beyond that makes for a decent convo here and there at the most.

Best bet for you is to match in a city with lots of asians. Only real shot. But yea quality ones are long gone after early 20s.
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

Bench Press: 560lbs

Squat: 545lbs
    Deadlift: 600lbs

MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000) MusicProducer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    u have a long day just to come home to study all night
    no time to talk to people except look at books. starting to become more anti social and lonely
    no time to go on dates with girls
    no days off
    no relaxing on weekends
    havent lifted in month
    have 10 exams coming up
    friends playing video games at night and going on dates while i sit in my room all day

tell me its worth it brahs

w0t?
    Hoistin' heavy-ass s**t since 2006.
    Hoist to get'em moist crew.
    Raw hoister crew.

Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're not at least somewhat enjoying some aspects of it (self-advancement, adding on top of knowledge with the potential of actually applying it in a few years, etc.) you're in for a rough rest of your life brah

I've seen plenty of doctors who hated their life, who I'm pretty sure got into it for the wrong reasons

Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
    What is hard about specializing?
    u have to be in the top quarter of ur class among nerds
    u have to ace the boards
    u have to ace rotations

Originally Posted by Caxoo View Post
    If you're not at least somewhat enjoying some aspects of it (self-advancement, adding on top of knowledge with the potential of actually applying it in a few years, etc.) you're in for a rough rest of your life brah

I've seen plenty of doctors who hated their life, who I'm pretty sure got into it for the wrong reasons
    i saw patients last week and enjoyed it yes. but some days the grind of school is too depressing. whats more depressing is my social and dating life right now. and i know it wont get better in residency

yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    idk how you're so miserable. i had an absolute blast as an M1. went out partying quite a bit on the weekends with the exception of weekends before exams. M1 almost felt like an extension of undergrad to me.

Not to make you feel bad but it's not going to get better. I'm M2 right now, much more volume in class. And when you are done studying for class you can't really relax and feel like you're done since you have to worry about studying for step 1. I study almost all day every day, but I still manage to go on a couple dates per week and lift. You just have to accept that it's a lot of work, but you have to make time for the things you enjoy or else you will go crazy for sure.
    Support our Troops

Originally Posted by yoyohomieg5432 View Post
    idk how you're so miserable. i had an absolute blast as an M1. went out partying quite a bit on the weekends with the exception of weekends before exams. M1 almost felt like an extension of undergrad to me.

Not to make you feel bad but it's not going to get better. I'm M2 right now, much more volume in class. And when you are done studying for class you can't really relax and feel like you're done since you have to worry about studying for step 1. I study almost all day every day, but I still manage to go on a couple dates per week and lift. You just have to accept that it's a lot of work, but you have to make time for the things you enjoy or else you will go crazy for sure.

i dont really like drinking culture. and my school has exams like every week so i dont get any weekends "off". also getting a date as an asian guy is harder (even tho i prefer to date asians)

Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000)

I think OP's just being a realist with his situation.
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

CHARBACK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHARBACK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHARBACK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHARBACK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHARBACK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHARBACK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHARBACK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHARBACK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHARBACK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHARBACK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHARBACK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This will only help you with dating/girls when you are 35 and with women who have already been tag teamed by Tyrone, Chad and their crews.

Being a doctor is great for other reasons though.

The fact that like 4 people on a misc thread are in this field show how medicine has lost its exclusivity and hence its prestige/status has gone way downhill while the workload has gone uphill.
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You sound like a girl OP and your priorities are messed up. Brb worrying about girls when you should be worrying about medical school. WHY DID YOU ENTER MEDICAL SCHOOL? answer that question for me.

in b4 OP says i entered medical school to get girls

Originally Posted by CHARBACK View Post
    This will only help you with dating/girls when you are 35 and with women who have already been tag teamed by Tyrone, Chad and their crews.

Being a doctor is great for other reasons though.
    lol this
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any advice for someone starting M1 this summer? College for the most part was a blast and especially in the later years... After getting my acceptance on Oct 15 I went on a rampage with the undergrad hunnies and reading posts ITT is makin me say sheeeeeeeeet... I still wanna be like this dude below but I want to specialize too. Damn help me out bros so I don't go wrong like you guys did.

I'm not planning on going to class, so that should help... Gonna watch at 1.5x and study on my own and just show up for mandatory things. But I farking love dating, the hunt of meeting em for drinks n chit then making your way into the sugar walls.. Keeps me going ... No way I can just study all the time without blasting my creamy goo in some tight young thing, but I'm worried I won't have time to swipe all the time and message bishes on OK Cupid once school starts

Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Its still better than residency...
    Buy Bitcoin

Real M.D. Crew

nelli04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nelli04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nelli04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nelli04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nelli04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nelli04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nelli04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nelli04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nelli04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nelli04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nelli04 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most doctors I know get married halfway through their residency, so you have time OP. Don't stress over it too much.

Originally Posted by JyzzMagnet View Post
    Any advice for someone starting M1 this summer? College for the most part was a blast and especially in the later years... After getting my acceptance on Oct 15 I went on a rampage with the undergrad hunnies and reading posts ITT is makin me say sheeeeeeeeet... I still wanna be like this dude below but I want to specialize too. Damn help me out bros so I don't go wrong like you guys did.

I'm not planning on going to class, so that should help... Gonna watch at 1.5x and study on my own and just show up for mandatory things. But I farking love dating, the hunt of meeting em for drinks n chit then making your way into the sugar walls.. Keeps me going ... No way I can just study all the time without blasting my creamy goo in some tight young thing, but I'm worried I won't have time to swipe all the time and message bishes on OK Cupid once school starts
    You basically lived exactly like me. That life is over for me for the most part.
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JyzzMagnet View Post

It's manageable (at least MS1, and from what I hear, MS2). I slack off the week after a test then play catch up and I'm doing reasonably well. It's partly about studying smart, not just study volume. I studied a stupid amount for anatomy but I didn't get to the level I wanted because I studied stupidly (I flat out ignored lectures sometimes. Don't ask me why, I couldn't tell you. And don't do that, because it is the most retarded thing)

That being said, don't expect undergrad 2.0 unless (a) you're just looking to barely pass or (b) you're a genius

Ask your upperclassmates, they will give you advice on what to prioritize. Also ask a lot of people for the POV on things, because some people give out sketch info (or they might be aiming for a lower endgoal than you)

yahkeyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yahkeyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yahkeyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yahkeyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yahkeyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yahkeyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yahkeyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yahkeyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yahkeyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yahkeyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yahkeyy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is it worth it ?
    fuk yeah totally.

im in chemical engineering right now bruh no field is fukin easy you just have to deal with it.
    take a chill pill and dont do it because you have to, do it because you want to.
    think about it.
    why did you choose med school as a field to pursue? was it just because you wanted to be better off financially being a doctor? or did you really seek true knowledge?

ask this to yourself and answers will come to you.
    Chlo� Grace Moretz Appreciation Crew - Red Miscer Department Chairman
    *Chemical Engineering crew*
    *INTJ Master race crew*
    *Metalhead crew*
    *Never leave my house except for uni crew*
    *mod negged twice and still hope to survive crew*

because MERICA that's why TheAmericano's Avatar
    TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Depending on what specialty you're going into, based on the life that my dad was able to give to my siblings and I

- Yes it's worth it.

I hope you're doing it because you really want to and love being a doctor. Because if you aren't you are going to be miserable, the definition of having money but being miserable
    - I'm sorry; I couldn't hear your complaints over the sound of all this freedom!

~ Merica

- Everybody wants to make it, but nobody wants to put in the work!

ontclone is a name known to all. (+5000) ontclone is a name known to all. (+5000) ontclone is a name known to all. (+5000) ontclone is a name known to all. (+5000) ontclone is a name known to all. (+5000) ontclone is a name known to all. (+5000) ontclone is a name known to all. (+5000) ontclone is a name known to all. (+5000) ontclone is a name known to all. (+5000) ontclone is a name known to all. (+5000) ontclone is a name known to all. (+5000)
    can you guys study with music on? if you guys are studying that much im sure you need some kinda of music
    GAINS, GAINS, More GAINS

Originally Posted by ontclone View Post
    can you guys study with music on? if you guys are studying that much im sure you need some kinda of music
    no i used to in undergrad but thats cause theres alot of bs classes. i cant focus when i study with music anymore considering the volume of the material

DrFrasierCrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFrasierCrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFrasierCrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFrasierCrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFrasierCrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFrasierCrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFrasierCrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFrasierCrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFrasierCrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFrasierCrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFrasierCrane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get used to it OP, that how the rest of your working career will be

Yoonaversitie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I bet you regret not auditioning for kpop now.

Originally Posted by Yoonaversitie View Post
    I bet you regret not auditioning for kpop now.
    does this troll ever die?

cixelsidCDN is a name known to all. (+5000) cixelsidCDN is a name known to all. (+5000) cixelsidCDN is a name known to all. (+5000) cixelsidCDN is a name known to all. (+5000) cixelsidCDN is a name known to all. (+5000) cixelsidCDN is a name known to all. (+5000) cixelsidCDN is a name known to all. (+5000) cixelsidCDN is a name known to all. (+5000) cixelsidCDN is a name known to all. (+5000) cixelsidCDN is a name known to all. (+5000) cixelsidCDN is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cousin is in med school and lifts, travels, and has a gf.
    Yankees|Giants|Knicks|Maple Leafs|ChelseaFC|CelticFC
    S&P
    973 --> 416

Yoonaversitie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    does this troll ever die?
    I thought we are good misc buddies.

maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maverick707 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So much respect for all you bros who are in med school and becoming doctors. I have heard the struggle from friends who did it, but now they are doctors and are just really happy and friendly all the time i see them. It is all worth it in the end. You will have a very high salary and if you are good at business you can open your own practice with other doctors and you have your own business kind of like an entrepreneur. I don't think a lot of med students realize this. You can take as much vacation as you like and have all the money to do whatever you want on it to travel all over and not worry about money for fancy hotels and fun stuff. The lifestyle of being a doctor is of course stressful dealing with patients and everything, but doctors in the hospital are treated with so much respect. You are surrounded by nurses and all sorts of people all day that look up to you.