Durantaholic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking problem?

I've been bulking for awhile and I just started counting my macros a couple of days ago. I'm 17, 5'10" and 170 lbs. I've started eating about 2700 calories ,230 grams of protein , a little less than 300 carbs and 75g of fat. I haven't put on even a pound yet but I feel like I've noticed belly fat! Is that just me seeing things and thinking the worst or could it be true??

Started from Bottom Orangemorris's Avatar
    Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orangemorris is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're not gaining weight... Add another 300 calories. Aim for 0.2 pounds a week.
    ~Jesus Christ is my Savior crew~

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. " 1 Corinthians 6 19-20

Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Start eating more, aim for a weight gain of 0.5 lbs/week. I'm pretty sure you havent gained fat, if you havent gained weight.

230 grams of protein at the weight of 170? Keep it to 1 g/lb, don't go overkill.
    Don’t ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person that’s hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said.. Haters gonna hate!”

- Aziz Shavershian

It's piss, it's sickening, it's revolting

- Sith Lord

Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bad advice above me sadly. @ Post 2

You only just started counting your macros / calories a couple days ago, give it some time

You wanna aim for .5-1 lb a week for a clean bulk or 2 pounds a week for dirty bulk.
    Long live Visagex

Originally Posted by Visagex View Post
    Bad advice above me sadly. @ Post 2

You only just started counting your macros / calories a couple days ago, give it some time

You wanna aim for .5-1 lb a week for a clean bulk or 2 pounds a week for dirty bulk.
    So is what I am doing most likely good for that threshold of .5-1 pound?

Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visagex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Durantaholic View Post
    So is what I am doing most likely good for that threshold of .5-1 pound?
    I'm not going to be able to tell you that.

You will need to adjust it and monitor it yourself. If you see yourself gaining too much weight weekly ( Don't get confused with water weight / Glycogen Storages ) then cut your calories by 100 calories or so until you hit the threshold i mentioned above.

Weigh yourself once a week at the same time / same day.
    Long live Visagex

I'm not going to be able to tell you that.

You will need to adjust it and monitor it yourself. If you see yourself gaining too much weight weekly ( Don't get confused with water weight / Glycogen Storages ) then cut your calories by 100 calories or so until you hit the threshold i mentioned above.

Weigh yourself once a week at the same time / same day.
    Thanks! Also is there a way to tell the difference between fat and water/glycogen?

Originally Posted by Durantaholic View Post
    Thanks! Also is there a way to tell the difference between fat and water/glycogen?
    When you first start bulking, adding more carbs into your diet your weight will fluctuate for a week or two

so don't freak out if you see yourself gain more weight at first
    Long live Visagex

When you first start bulking, adding more carbs into your diet your weight will fluctuate for a week or two

so don't freak out if you see yourself gain more weight at first
    okay thank you so much!

HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lower protein to 1 gram per pound of body weight (230 is major overkill), bump carbs up, perhaps increase carbs to 80 grams as well. Add another 200-300 calories for a week and see if you gain any weight. IMO 2700 sounds low for a 17 year old who weighs 170 lbs, especially for bulking calories. Also note that for the first couple of weeks during a bulk or a cut, weight fluctuates and doesn't react as you might expect based on calories inputted. Once your body acclimates, things will even out. As for the "belly fat" you noticed, either you imagined it or you might be holding a little bit of water weight. If it's water, your body will pull it out from under the skin as it acclimates to the changes in nutrition.

Cliffs:
    - drop protein to 170g
    - add another 200-300 calories this week and see what happens
    - add those 200-300 by bumping fat up if you want and filling in the rest with carbs (if you don't want more fat, then just add 50-75 more carbs)
    To live is Christ, to die is gainz

Sarcastic commentary on life/etc: https://twitter.com/samueljhand
    YouTube: Samuel Hand

CantEvenLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CantEvenLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CantEvenLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CantEvenLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CantEvenLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CantEvenLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CantEvenLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CantEvenLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CantEvenLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CantEvenLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CantEvenLift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Orangemorris View Post
    If you're not gaining weight... Add another 300 calories. Aim for 0.2 pounds a week.
    0.2 per week? You are crazy, if you think a 17yo should only get 0.2 lbs in a week.

Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your bulking on 2700 calories @ 170lbs? Eat more.
    B: 200 x 1
    S: 240 (Old) x 1
    D: 375 x 1

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stop eating so much protein. Not optimal and you're wasting your money.