Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    EE Student Master Race Rayaarito's Avatar
    Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by spicoli69 View Post
    So no Brooklyn or central park?

I heard there will be an underground dlc for more exploration

But I was hoping it would have at least multiple boroughs

they showed the Brooklyn bridge so many times since E3 2014

Oh well.
    Not going to lie, I was pretty mind blown at the map at the beta. Because last semester, i used to always smoke at the same spot at penn station staring at the post office and it was there in the game. Didn't look exactly like it but you could see it pretty well. The surrounding areas were there, minus store names obvi, but it was all there. I found that to be really cool. Even k-town! I'm probably going to spend a good portion of the game just exploring the city lol, then taking the A train to go check some spots out irl too

ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz
    The TRUTH About The Division, interview with developer ( Updates. DLC, etc ) ( HD )

US Marine Corps Vet 8 years ( 92/00 ) - Semper Fi - ★cVc★

ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz
    The Division Interview - Raids, Best Loot, The Division Easter Eggs, More ( different developer interview game play ) ( HD )

Originally Posted by Rayaarito View Post
    Not going to lie, I was pretty mind blown at the map at the beta. Because last semester, i used to always smoke at the same spot at penn station staring at the post office and it was there in the game. Didn't look exactly like it but you could see it pretty well. The surrounding areas were there, minus store names obvi, but it was all there. I found that to be really cool. Even k-town! I'm probably going to spend a good portion of the game just exploring the city lol, then taking the A train to go check some spots out irl too

The Division Beta versus real Manhattan ( HD )

AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you guys ordering this on Uplay or Steam?
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

*Bk division*

Reps for life: LulzWorthy

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
    I'd steer clear of tall ledges and bridges, with the way you jump to conclusions, if I were you.
    Zing.
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.

2jz, S55, M48.00

AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000) AXnyc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I went to but it on Uplay, the gold version and it also says it includes the beta, or is that over already?
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

*Bk division*

Reps for life: LulzWorthy

Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bcider View Post
    The Division was a completely different game back then. Over the past 2-3 years it morphed into the RPG loot grinder it is now. The devs have stated that originally it wasn't built to be this type of game.
    Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    Yea, I much prefer it to be more of a traditional shooter, or more of a mix anyway, I get the appeal of loot, leveling, gear, etc.... but enemies take more damage than I would like to see, some more balance towards shooter would be nice when the game releases, there are lots of complaints so hopefully Ubi listens.
    Like the poster I responded to said, the game was originally geared more towards a realistic shooter, and no, I haven't played a mmorpg because I'm not a virgin living in my mom's basement. Semi-srs. I get everyone likes something different, it's just not for me, I think if they want the RPG elements, fine, but balancing it would make it much more appealing to me. I mean the game sets up such a nice immersive environment then I need to put 50 rounds directly into the chest of a street thug wearing a hoodie to kill them, lame. They wanted a modern realistic environment but if human's are going to take more than 10x bullet damage than what is realistic might as well add wizards and warlocks and make another ******* ass Destiny IMO. I have no idea what ESO is but bullet sponge complaints from the beta can't be missed, they are on every corner of the internet I have seen. Again, I'm not saying remove the levels, gear, loot, etc, just make the modifiers have less effect and in turn you can make a guy go down with 10 shots to the chest and retain that immersive and realistic feel to the whole environment.
    not sure where you guys are getting your information, but it's been an RPG from the start, and they have never hidden that from you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...as_a_deep_rpg/

Go play more COD if you don't like this. I remember when COD4 came out the fast time to kill was a huge topic of debate because people thought it was too quick. And I agree with them...there's a point you reach where it becomes a game of 'who saw who first' and the game mechanics become less about strategy and more about running around killing anything you see. I loved COD4 because I thought that one used it well, but MW2 and 3 left me with a bad taste in my mouth because people had learned how to exploit it and it became one big clusterf*ck. gave up on COD after that point. With this game, you need to take the time to think about how to approach a fight, and each team has time to counter any strategies the other team uses. Much more a game of chess.

Can't really compare until it releases. Destiny had a ton of problems but it least it had a raid and structured pvp on release. If The Division doesn't have true new endgame content and pvp they are blowing a huge opportunity.
    If you'll recall, the VoG wasn't opened up until a month or so after launch (obviously no one would have been able to play it until they got high enough level, but still)
    Last edited by Tip Top; 02-07-2016 at 07:07 AM.

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tip Top View Post
    not sure where you guys are getting your information, but it's been an RPG from the start, and they have never hidden that from you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...as_a_deep_rpg/

Go play more COD if you don't like this. I remember when COD4 came out the fast time to kill was a huge topic of debate because people thought it was too quick. And I agree with them...there's a point you reach where it becomes a game of 'who saw who first' and the game mechanics become less about strategy and more about running around killing anything you see. With this game, you need to take the time to think about how to approach a fight, and each team has time to counter any strategies the other team uses. Much more a game of chess.
    I didn't read every word but out by Ubi about the game, like most gamers I saw the trailers and The Division used to be marketed as shooter with RPG elements, now it's an RPG shooter. And don't get so upset when people say they don't like RPGs, it's an opinion, we all have them. And certainly don't tell me to go play COD, only people with down syndrome play that chit.

As far as you thinking it's tactical, I completely disagree. The AI are moronic bullet sponges who charge forward, being able to flank and get some well placed shots that can take someone out or place mines that actually kill someone, doing this while communicating with a team is what I call strategy, holding down the trigger to fire off 50 rounds into each enemy that mindlessly pushes forward gives little incentive for strategy IMO. There isn't a game where strategy is used more in the higher difficultly SP mode or MP modes than TLOU which has a realistic gamage model, MP 4v4 game-play is slow and tactical, because if you get shot it's means something, and one landed shot or throw-able towards the other team can mean something, a well timed flank or revive changes the whole game. I mean you can say you prefer the RPG elements, fine, that's you opinion, but to say it's more tactical is just insane.
    12-5-23

Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I didn't read every word but out by Ubi about the game, like most gamers I saw the trailers and The Division used to be marketed as shooter with RPG elements, now it's an RPG shooter. And don't get so upset when people say they don't like RPGs, it's an opinion, we all have them. And certainly don't tell me to go play COD, only people with down syndrome play that chit.

As far as you thinking it's tactical, I completely disagree. The AI are moronic bullet sponges who charge forward, being able to flank and get some well placed shots that can take someone out or place mines that actually kill someone, doing this while communicating with a team is what I call strategy, holding down the trigger to fire off 50 rounds into each enemy that mindlessly pushes forward gives little incentive for strategy IMO. There isn't a game where strategy is used more in the higher difficultly SP mode or MP modes than TLOU which has a realistic gamage model, MP 4v4 game-play is slow and tactical, because if you get shot it's means something, and one landed shot or throw-able towards the other team can mean something, a well timed flank or revive changes the whole game. I mean you can say you prefer the RPG elements, fine, that's you opinion, but to say it's more tactical is just insane.
    more tactical than COD, was my point. I was more referencing the PvP elements...we've yet to see AI in this one more advanced than the basic looters, which doesn't even count as a faction in the main game. If you explored the DZ you probably encountered a higher level group of cleaners that was generally tougher to get down (i.e. used skills, didn't just run at you, etc) so I have hope that the AI of the three factions is more advanced than the basic hoodied rioters.

I never played the PvP of TLOU but I do (very generally) liken the division to at least the gameplay of TLOU.

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    more tactical than COD, was my point. I was more referencing the PvP elements...we've yet to see AI in this one more advanced than the basic looters, which doesn't even count as a faction in the main game. If you explored the DZ you probably encountered a higher level group of cleaners that was generally tougher to get down (i.e. used skills, didn't just run at you, etc) so I have hope that the AI of the three factions is more advanced than the basic hoodied rioters.

I never played the PvP of TLOU but I do (very generally) liken the division to at least the gameplay of TLOU.
    Anything is more tactical than COD, you jump 50 feet in the air and pray and spray or twitch head shots, it's a joke of a game and anyone who plays it should be forbidden to reproduce.

I encountered the cleaners, no better AI in my opinion, they move forward directly into clips of bullets as well, just slower. I feel the same about the PvP, although I don't care as much because if the DZ is the only PvP I'll never really play it like that, more as co-op, but say they introduce some real 4v4 PvP game modes I feel the RPG high damage model sucks in comparison to a realistic one, and would never played it, based upon what I saw in the beta The Division is a SP and co-op game. I love TLOU and was hoping The Division would be a similar more advanced survival game with RPG elements, and I still hold out some hope that damage is turned down for the full game with all the complaints. I really don't mind the RPG damage model, although it's not my first choice my bigger gripe is it's just was too high IMO. In TLOU every move counts, every action of every enemy and every teammate, you have a constant feel of gripping to survival because it all feels so real and dangerous, the high damage model of This Division gives none of those feels, may as well be sitting in a grassy field casting spells during encounters, which to me is a shame, because the environment you play in does such a good job, yet the encounters are just ho-hum damage exchanges. Again, my opinion, I realize people like RPGs, and The Division will have it's audience... and I still feel I will really enjoy it, just to me if the damage model was more realistic it could be the GOAT video game, so I'm frustrated it's not.

Edit: And why have you not played TLOU MP? GOAT game is GOAT.
    12-5-23

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
    Haha, wanted to knock you over the 70k mark, but was on R/c. Congrats man.

Did you end up playing the beta on pc?
    I did, loved it.
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.

2jz, S55, M48.00

ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anybody that thinks Ubisoft are now Ubichit, should play Splinter Cell: Blacklist & Rainbow Six Siege. Both are 10/10 games.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is a phenomenal game and should have won Game of the Year 2013 and I was super sceptical of Siege and it totally won me over.

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ProjectWheyhem View Post
    Anybody that thinks Ubisoft are now Ubichit, should play Splinter Cell: Blacklist & Rainbow Six Siege. Both are 10/10 games.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is a phenomenal game and should have won Game of the Year 2013 and I was super sceptical of Siege and it totally won me over.
    Completely agree with blacklist. Even after the campaign I found myself grinding all the extra missions. That game looked fantastic on PC and ran amazing. I think it's the best stealth game of the last few years. Was way better then mgs V IMO
    Sometimes I park in handicap spaces, while handicap people make handicap faces

We just gonna act like Just Dance isn't GOAT?
    12-5-23

kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Alinity... Kreygasm

ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do dogs have any significance in the game? - Nicholas Ross-Edwards - Uniblog

"Well, it’s a next-gen game so obviously it’s got to have dogs! No, dogs won’t have any special significance other than the fact that New York has over 300,000 dogs living in the city, so imagine if they are all let loose at once… You may encounter some particularly nasty ones, but no they don’t play a significant role." - Game Director Ryan Barnard. 2013

No significant role of dogs?! Just cancelled my pre-order, phuck this game.

Last edited by ViagraOverdose; 02-07-2016 at 05:43 PM.
    ** 40% Aesthetics, 55% Autism crew**

Top 5 laundry detergents in the game (don't judge my opinion):

1.Tide (delivers a clean and fresh style of)
    2.Oxi clean (attacks dry stains like a monster)
    3.all (deserves a spot in the top 5 but not the best)
    4.wisk (I respect the stain spectrum tech. But needs to fight harder for that top 3)
    5.purex (up and coming in the game)

Rows4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) Rows4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) Rows4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) Rows4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) Rows4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) Rows4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) Rows4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) Rows4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) Rows4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) Rows4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) Rows4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Haven't really been paying attention to this game, i've heard a significant amount of people give it nothing but hate and a few people saying it was great. For the people that played the beta, I can pre-order it for $35AUD right now, worth it?

EE Student Master Race Rayaarito's Avatar
    Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rows4lyfe View Post
    Haven't really been paying attention to this game, i've heard a significant amount of people give it nothing but hate and a few people saying it was great. For the people that played the beta, I can pre-order it for $35AUD right now, worth it?
    IMO, if you have friends to play with, it's 100% worth it. It's like destiny but with real guns, real location, just a made up story.

Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No one knows. The beta had some promise but didnt' show much. There is pretty much two sides to the opinions on this game right now. There is a lot of grasping for straws from the fanboys right now considering this game hasn't even come out yet and the Beta had such limited content. I will say I was impressed on how well the game felt but was not to impressed by the one boring mission we got and the Dark Zone being the only PvP content.

I'm in the wait and see camp. No reason to preorder this game when Dark Souls 3 comes out 2 weeks after it.

ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProjectWheyhem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I keep watching the negative reviews to try to find any real basis in them, but they're all either nitpicking or making assumptions after not seeing the final game that I don't consider flaws. their main arguments boil down to this list:

1. Questioning endgame material/longevity of the game -- We got one main story mission (out of what will be 10) and a few side quests in the beta, but people are extrapolating this and saying that they don't see the game keeping their attention long. The dev's are being secretive about their plans, but have hinted towards multi-squad raid content and have announced at least three expansions.
    2. Bullet spongeyness of the AI/long time-to-kill during PvP -- This is an RPG first, a shooter second. People migrating from COD or Battlefield want shorter times to kill. Their argument that you're having to shoot guys in hoodies 50x to kill them and that this 'breaks the realism' is simply them not understanding the game mechanics of an RPG.
    3. Graphics downgrade from the original announcement trailer in 2013 -- I literally don't understand this argument. The game looks beautiful, runs seamlessly with no load screens to speak of, yet these people are giving it hate for not having as much trash in the street as the original trailer.
    4. Sparse population of AI mobs -- The dev's took out roaming AI groups from the beta and removed entire factions to keep them 'secret'...it will be much more populated in the final release.

If you see an issue with those talking points, the game might just not be for you. I got over 25 hours from the beta alone, so I know I'm going to get a ton of playtime from this game. I can see how playing this solo wouldn't be the greatest, however. I have friends that it was really fun to group up with and roam around the DZ...the tension of not knowing who will turn on you or who you should turn on is very real IMO. Like I said in the OP, it's the perfect mix of games that have hooked me in the past, so The Division is exactly what I've been looking for in a game. It'll be a MUCH needed distraction from my dissertation work

Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I keep watching the negative reviews to try to find any real basis in them, but they're all either nitpicking or making assumptions after not seeing the final game that I don't consider flaws. their main arguments boil down to this list:

1. Questioning endgame material/longevity of the game -- We got one main story mission (out of what will be 10) and a few side quests in the beta, but people are extrapolating this and saying that they don't see the game keeping their attention long. The dev's are being secretive about their plans, but have hinted towards multi-squad raid content and have announced at least three expansions.
    2. Bullet spongeyness of the AI/long time-to-kill during PvP -- This is an RPG first, a shooter second. People migrating from COD or Battlefield want shorter times to kill. Their argument that you're having to shoot guys in hoodies 50x to kill them and that this 'breaks the realism' is simply them not understanding the game mechanics of an RPG.
    3. Graphics downgrade from the original announcement trailer in 2013 -- I literally don't understand this argument. The game looks beautiful, runs seamlessly with no load screens to speak of, yet these people are giving it hate for not having as much trash in the street as the original trailer.
    4. Sparse population of AI mobs -- The dev's took out roaming AI groups from the beta and removed entire factions to keep them 'secret'...it will be much more populated in the final release.

If you see an issue with those talking points, the game might just not be for you. I got over 25 hours from the beta alone, so I know I'm going to get a ton of playtime from this game. I can see how playing this solo wouldn't be the greatest, however. I have friends that it was really fun to group up with and roam around the DZ...the tension of not knowing who will turn on you or who you should turn on is very real IMO. Like I said in the OP, it's the perfect mix of games that have hooked me in the past, so The Division is exactly what I've been looking for in a game. It'll be a MUCH needed distraction from my dissertation work
    People complaining about graphics downgrades are retarded. Smooth FPS is way more important than insane graphics.

On PC the game was smooth and looked good after I tweaked with one option. For whatever reason the default sharpness is set to 50% and it looked washed out to me. When I put it up to 100% the game looks really nice.

People complaining about graphics downgrades are retarded. Smooth FPS is way more important than insane graphics.

On PC the game was smooth and looked good after I tweaked with one option. For whatever reason the default sharpness is set to 50% and it looked washed out to me. When I put it up to 100% the game looks really nice.
    I had my complaints about the beta (genuine ones) and the graphics are just NOT something I thought was an issue.

The game looks great. It isn't even about that any more, no matter how good the game looks the "downgrade" crowd will never be able to get over that initial trailer. You should judge a game's graphics based on its competition, not based on a mythical promotional trailer released over two years ago.

They will never be happy, I don't think they even play games for enjoyment. They play them to "test their rig" and whine on internet forums.

There are some concerns I have about The Division, graphics are not one of them.

I had my complaints about the beta (genuine ones) and the graphics are just NOT something I thought was an issue.

The game looks great. It isn't even about that any more, no matter how good the game looks the "downgrade" crowd will never be able to get over that initial trailer. You should judge a game's graphics based on its competition, not based on a mythical promotional trailer released over two years ago.

They will never be happy, I don't think they even play games for enjoyment. They play them to "test their rig" and whine on internet forums.

There are some concerns I have about The Division, graphics are not one of them.
    Spell out your concerns...I think it would be a helpful discussion for those who don't know anything about the game and are looking to this thread to make their decision.

ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ViagraOverdose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Hey bros just playing Devils advocate here.

I think a lot of people have given constructive, objective criticism. I could argue that your own confirmation bias (you are the creator of this thread after all, so you obviously like the game) is allowing you to disregard this as nit-picking. This game has really divided people, its very interesting and I enjoy discussing it.

I have addressed your points below:

Spoiler!

CLIFFS:

I pretty much agree with this video:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by ViagraOverdose; 02-08-2016 at 04:38 PM.
    ** 40% Aesthetics, 55% Autism crew**

Top 5 laundry detergents in the game (don't judge my opinion):

1.Tide (delivers a clean and fresh style of)
    2.Oxi clean (attacks dry stains like a monster)
    3.all (deserves a spot in the top 5 but not the best)
    4.wisk (I respect the stain spectrum tech. But needs to fight harder for that top 3)
    5.purex (up and coming in the game)

RageKage37 is just really nice. (+1000) RageKage37 is just really nice. (+1000) RageKage37 is just really nice. (+1000) RageKage37 is just really nice. (+1000) RageKage37 is just really nice. (+1000) RageKage37 is just really nice. (+1000) RageKage37 is just really nice. (+1000) RageKage37 is just really nice. (+1000) RageKage37 is just really nice. (+1000) RageKage37 is just really nice. (+1000) RageKage37 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Spell out your concerns...I think it would be a helpful discussion for those who don't know anything about the game and are looking to this thread to make their decision.
    Honestly I just thought it was kind of boring. I'll still pick it up since I've got no other games pulling my attention and all my friends plan on playing, but I'm not super hyped. I plan to put in way more time this next beta weekend though, only played for about 4 hours last time.

AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AndYUKnowThis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I hadn't played the Beta for long and most of it was in the Dark Zone, but I'll still give my honest opinion. I'm on console btw.

Look, my major gripe is the aiming and staying on target when shooting other players. The aiming in this game is a joke. Like GTA Online free aim. Like Destiny. Just imagine trying to kill players who look like they're sliding on ice. Add on long kill times and you got yourself a sloppy mess. I think the best smoothest TPS I've played was The Last of Us. Very smooth, to the point, and I barely noticed Aim Assist. The 3rd person mechanics in this game can make or break it for me.

That said, I'm very tempted to still get the game. I absolutely love the atmosphere, the adventuring, exploration, etc. If Ubisoft does it right, this game can be very rewarding. There's no telling what the full game will be like and hopefully it's actually good. I wish there was more survival elements, but the Post Apocalypse theme has me hooked. I've never played an online game with survival and exploration elements.

Originally Posted by AndYUKnowThis View Post
    I hadn't played the Beta for long and most of it was in the Dark Zone, but I'll still give my honest opinion. I'm on console btw.

Look, my major gripe is the aiming and staying on target when shooting other players. The aiming in this game is a joke. Like GTA Online free aim. Like Destiny. Just imagine trying to kill players who look like they're sliding on ice. Add on long kill times and you got yourself a sloppy mess. I think the best smoothest TPS I've played was The Last of Us. Very smooth, to the point, and I barely noticed Aim Assist. The 3rd person mechanics in this game can make or break it for me.

That said, I'm very tempted to still get the game. I absolutely love the atmosphere, the adventuring, exploration, etc. If Ubisoft does it right, this game can be very rewarding. There's no telling what the full game will be like and hopefully it's actually good. I wish there was more survival elements, but the Post Apocalypse theme has me hooked. I've never played an online game with survival and exploration elements.
    Even on PC it's harder to hit people when they are strafing like crazy because the animations when they are sprinting and juking are all over the place. I could not even imagine trying to hit people doing that with a controller.

Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Unbreakable09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...rikers_island/

My gut says this is fake since raid content would have been announced by now, but my body is ready.
    Carpe diem