Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

is owning your own business really as good as it's made out to be??

srs

have wanted too people think its the best but many don't realize the headaches that come with it specifically in first few years. it must he nice working for self but do the cons outweigh the pros??

would you take a 120-150K plus 15-20% bonus with comfotable hours or own your own business with income at like 300k but stressing over it 24/7?? Of course different businesses call for different attention

mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You don't work for yourself, you work for your customers.

Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here is a post I've made previously on this I don't feel like retyping (Subject was if owning your own business was better than a day job)

Whoever told you working for yourself is enjoyable fukin lied. If you can't handle a day job you can't handle owning a business. Brb literally the entire weight of the business is on your back. Company you work for have some chit hit the fan, you get to clock out and go home and forget about it. Have a company when some serious chit hits that fan, you're in a constant battle with something. There is always an upset customer, there are always these bills that never stop coming, you have the circus of issues that comes with having employees, you are never off the clock.

You work 24/7. Last night I got woken up from 6 phone calls. That is a normal night. Thats the way it has to be when you work for yourself, until you get to the point where you can pay out loads of money for people to run your business for you.

I've always seen work as a means to an end, you don't need to enjoy it, however if you can then I have no doubt that's one badaz life
    Belief without evidence is a fools game.

Listen Crew - Anything on your mind, want someone to talk to? Hit that PM button brah
    5 * Thread Maker
    Lone Star State Crew
    Diesel Life Crew
    Lol @ Trumplets Crew
    Lol @ CEO of Exxon for SoS, GoldmanSachs for Treasury, and Creationist for Education Crew
    Lol @ Drain the Swamp Crew
    Reps for life: stfaulk89

thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes you get to pick your own hours.

Of the 168 hours in a week you get to pick which 100 you want to work. srs.
    "actually lift crew"
    Positive Crew
    Best book-How to win friends and influence people
    Knowledge is the key crew

CPA CREW

D-450, S-350, B-275=Real

MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Depends. Are you willing to work 90 hours a week so that you don't have to work 40? That is often the reality of it for quite a while.
    535 deadlift.
    *If you can't lift it without straps you can't lift it crew
    *Morrowind is the best game of all time crew
    *Double everything Chipotle Crew
    *Style crew
    *Sig line can't be a novel crew

themike101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) themike101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) themike101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) themike101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) themike101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) themike101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) themike101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) themike101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) themike101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) themike101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) themike101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mommaofobama View Post
    You don't work for yourself, you work for your customers.
    and then if successful enough, you work for the shareholders

drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Lawlstud View Post
    Here is a post I've made previously on this I don't feel like retyping (Subject was if owning your own business was better than a day job)

Whoever told you working for yourself is enjoyable fukin lied. If you can't handle a day job you can't handle owning a business. Brb literally the entire weight of the business is on your back. Company you work for have some chit hit the fan, you get to clock out and go home and forget about it. Have a company when some serious chit hits that fan, you're in a constant battle with something. There is always an upset customer, there are always these bills that never stop coming, you have the circus of issues that comes with having employees, you are never off the clock.

You work 24/7. Last night I got woken up from 6 phone calls. That is a normal night. Thats the way it has to be when you work for yourself, until you get to the point where you can pay out loads of money for people to run your business for you.

I've always seen work as a means to an end, you don't need to enjoy it, however if you can then I have no doubt that's one badaz life
    Originally Posted by thc sargon View Post
    Yes you get to pick your own hours.

Of the 168 hours in a week you get to pick which 100 you want to work. srs.
    ya i think owning a business would be only worth it if you are banking 500k or ceo10k/day

other than that it just aint worth it.
    -even lifts
    -gonna make it or die trying crew
    -no fat chicks crew
    -#1 career thread creator

Dumika is just really nice. (+1000) Dumika is just really nice. (+1000) Dumika is just really nice. (+1000) Dumika is just really nice. (+1000) Dumika is just really nice. (+1000) Dumika is just really nice. (+1000) Dumika is just really nice. (+1000) Dumika is just really nice. (+1000) Dumika is just really nice. (+1000) Dumika is just really nice. (+1000) Dumika is just really nice. (+1000)

Whoa... 9-5 is the GOAT
    Never settle
    *52 books in 52 weeks crew*

mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, when your business is successful. It's great. Working whenever you want to.. Making 80k+ a year that you actually pocket and maybe 30-40k that you put back into the business or into another private account... to save for business related expenses. oh yeahhhhhh

and still being able to pay your employees nicely yay
    "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
    Never Forget Zyzz Brah

HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

good points

Seems like you really need to have passion for business to enjoy it

sickh11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sickh11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sickh11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sickh11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sickh11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sickh11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sickh11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sickh11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sickh11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sickh11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sickh11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not for most people.

S23Q will become famous soon enough. (+50) S23Q will become famous soon enough. (+50) S23Q will become famous soon enough. (+50) S23Q will become famous soon enough. (+50) S23Q will become famous soon enough. (+50) S23Q will become famous soon enough. (+50) S23Q will become famous soon enough. (+50) S23Q will become famous soon enough. (+50) S23Q will become famous soon enough. (+50) S23Q will become famous soon enough. (+50) S23Q will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Imo I think its as good if not exponentially better. However, people only want to see and reap the benefits without truly realising the hard work and tremendous effort into building something successful.

Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drFEEL View Post
    ya i think owning a business would be only worth it if you are banking 500k or ceo10k/day

other than that it just aint worth it.
    Yup last time I went on vacation (If you can call it that I was on the phone every hour) things happened in my shop and calls were made that shouldn't have been made, it ended up costing me $7000, plus the $3600 I spent while I was on vacation, so it really cost me near $11,000 to go on vacation. It's such a huge void until you can break loose as well. Especially what I do, I will have to be clearing 600k a year in profit for me alone in order to hire the replacement staff needed. Would need a GM, manager, service writer at least.

Usually up here 7 days a week 12 hours a day minimum, not including all the time on the phone outside the work (I do all my call backs after I leave for the day)

It depends however, you might get into some kind of tech venture that kicks off and you sit back juggling employees while you have a sales team make you all the money in the world. I've met a lot of tech company owners they all seem aloof and like they just accidently tripped into success, and with the profit margins they have they basically hire a huge az support staff from the get go so they don't have to do chit.

However for us plebs rutting around in the mud it's not this shining beacon of light. I don't have to answer to anybody is the main thing for me, I can't handle having to follow orders even if it's not the right way to do it.

Listen Crew - Anything on your mind, want someone to talk to? Hit that PM button brah
    5 * Thread Maker
    Lone Star State Crew
    Diesel Life Crew
    Lol @ Trumplets Crew
    Lol @ CEO of Exxon for SoS, GoldmanSachs for Treasury, and Creationist for Education Crew

jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My dad is a really successful business owner, has a multi million dollar corporation, started it from just two dudes in a garage fixing commercial appliances

He always tells me that he wishes he could just go work for someone else, not have to worry so much, be able to take time off, get better insurance through a big company, etc.

The way I see it is you can get a lot out of being your own boss, but it's going to take away from you just as much if not more.
    Brosplit Crew
    Richstrong Crew
    "Lol half natty of piss." - Quadfecta

Tony Danza cuts in line Mudshovel's Avatar
    Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mudshovel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just look around all the chatty co workers you are with now. All the bull**** they bring to the table. Now imagine being their boss.

And working 24/7.

Sounds like fun.naaaattt

The biggest burden I have to stress however is the simile with when chit hits the fan. If you work for Best Buy (Real scenario that happened). Best Buy bet HUGE on the 3D TV market, They bet fukin hard on it, and it didn't pan out. This resulted in huge losses for their stockholders, their stock prices, outing their CEO, rearranging their board of directors and so forth. Do you think any department managers/cashiers/sales associates were worried about that? Nah they didn't give a single fuk the company just took a massive blow that could have company ending implications.

Now imagine owning Best Buy and that happens. You would be sick to your stomach, everyday like your bailing out a sinking ship with a bucket. You would wonder why nobody else gave a fuk and was as invested as you in turning this around. You wouldnt be able to sleep at night and so forth

5 * Thread Maker
    Lone Star State Crew
    Diesel Life Crew
    Lol @ Trumplets Crew

ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ververysrs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yup last time I went on vacation (If you can call it that I was on the phone every hour) things happened in my shop and calls were made that shouldn't have been made, it ended up costing me $7000, plus the $3600 I spent while I was on vacation, so it really cost me near $11,000 to go on vacation. It's such a huge void until you can break loose as well. Especially what I do, I will have to be clearing 600k a year in profit for me alone in order to hire the replacement staff needed. Would need a GM, manager, service writer at least.

Usually up here 7 days a week 12 hours a day minimum, not including all the time on the phone outside the work (I do all my call backs after I leave for the day)

It depends however, you might get into some kind of tech venture that kicks off and you sit back juggling employees while you have a sales team make you all the money in the world. I've met a lot of tech company owners they all seem aloof and like they just accidently tripped into success, and with the profit margins they have they basically hire a huge az support staff from the get go so they don't have to do chit.

However for us plebs rutting around in the mud it's not this shining beacon of light. I don't have to answer to anybody is the main thing for me, I can't handle having to follow orders even if it's not the right way to do it.
    this is totally dependent on the type of business you run tho m8

you can create a business that offers more benefit than that

maingains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maingains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maingains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maingains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maingains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maingains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maingains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maingains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maingains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maingains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maingains is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    self employed over anything else. Stressing anyways over someone elses company currently anyway.

I would love the type of stress associated with having my own businesss

Registered User second2noneBrah's Avatar
    second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) second2noneBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All depends on the type of business m8

Goncho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goncho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goncho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goncho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goncho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goncho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goncho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goncho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goncho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goncho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goncho has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yes. if youre making more money than you need to get by, hire managers to run the show and bam! free money. nothing really better than that IMO. and I'm speaking from experience.

and IMO a business is only truly successful if it can run itself without you. because that model can then be (almost) infinitely duplicated
    I'm Negan

Originally Posted by Goncho View Post
    yes. if youre making more money than you need to get by, hire managers to run the show and bam! free money. nothing really better than that IMO. and I'm speaking from experience.

and IMO a business is only truly successful if it can run itself without you. because that model can then be (almost) infinitely duplicated
    If only it was that simple. Nobody will ever care about your business as much as you do and for the most part nobody will run it as well because they don't have their entire lives on the line. I do far too many responsibilities and like I said would have to hire 3 people to replace myself, and eventually I will. But it's still not that simple

5 * Thread Maker
    Lone Star State Crew
    Diesel Life Crew
    Lol @ Trumplets Crew

Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lawlstud is bringing some great truth to this thread, and he also recognized it's dependent on type of business.

I have a friend who made 3 websites in college that turned super profitable, he lives in a condo in Florida and drives his Mercedes to the gym every day to work out.

I have another friend who lives in CO blowing glass and running a shop out there, a profitable shop, he's been established for a few years, and he's more like Lawlstud's situation.

Tech-based, consulting based jobs that you can do as a freelance contractor or something would more than likely afford you a significant degree of freedom vs. a brick and mortar operation or a trade

If only it was that simple. Nobody will ever care about your business as much as you do and for the most part nobody will run it as well because they don't have their entire lives on the line. I do far too many responsibilities and like I said would have to hire 3 people to replace myself, and eventually I will. But it's still not that simple
    I interact with a lot of small-mid size business owners on the regular and this is true for all of them. They all wear multiple hats within their companies mostly because they know it's the only way they can trust that things will get done they way they want them to. It's very very very hard to delegate for most business owners, for a variety of reasons, but the control factor is significant, largely because it's true. No one cares about the business like you do. Hell, some of the cheese guys I deal with can definitely afford to hire the people they would need to relieve them of some of their responsibility, but just straight up refuse to. The irony is that this causes them some of them to be damn near impossible to deal with since they're all over the board at any given moment.
    *Korea Krew* *MMMC*

Blackhawks/Bears/White Sox/Marquette Basketball

aesthetics =/= social aptitude

Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's only worth it if your passionate about what you do and you are the hardest working person in your field that you know (within reason..).

If your a typical do as little as you can for most that you can get miscer its really not for you unless you are scamming people.

LiftBigEatBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftBigEatBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftBigEatBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftBigEatBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftBigEatBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftBigEatBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftBigEatBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftBigEatBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftBigEatBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftBigEatBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftBigEatBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol so many peasants in this thread.

Keep miscing *******s.
    **Misc. Pureblood Crew**
    **Misc. 2022 Shutdown Survivor (Nov 11 - 14)**

WorkHardK is just really nice. (+1000) WorkHardK is just really nice. (+1000) WorkHardK is just really nice. (+1000) WorkHardK is just really nice. (+1000) WorkHardK is just really nice. (+1000) WorkHardK is just really nice. (+1000) WorkHardK is just really nice. (+1000) WorkHardK is just really nice. (+1000) WorkHardK is just really nice. (+1000) WorkHardK is just really nice. (+1000) WorkHardK is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes it is

WessonSmith is just really nice. (+1000) WessonSmith is just really nice. (+1000) WessonSmith is just really nice. (+1000) WessonSmith is just really nice. (+1000) WessonSmith is just really nice. (+1000) WessonSmith is just really nice. (+1000) WessonSmith is just really nice. (+1000) WessonSmith is just really nice. (+1000) WessonSmith is just really nice. (+1000) WessonSmith is just really nice. (+1000) WessonSmith is just really nice. (+1000)
    going to manage dad's business soon

from what I see, Lawlstud is correct with the stress... although dad emphasizes how much better it is not to have a boss... dad used to earn bigger when he worked for a different company, but he said he got sick of having a boss so he started up his own

awe fuk
    *wear tight shirts to look like I lift crew*
    *walk chest out and chin up while wearing tight shirt to look like I'm big crew*
    *always wear a poker face to look alpha crew*
    *never laugh or smile because it's beta crew*
    *don't know what to do with my hands when walking or standing crew*
    *fix hair every 5 mins only to ruin it crew*
    *find misc crews funnier than misc threads crew*

Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There are more extremes. A normal job guarantees you of steady hours and steady pay. This is NOT the case at all in business.

I had started a new company 2 years ago (had a couple successful ones before and sold them to start this one.) and went through 2 years of extreme poverty and fear of losing everything. The odds against me were incredible.

2 Weeks ago I sold a small part to an investment bank for a LOT of money. I will now never have to worry about money again.

So yea it is extreme, there are no guarantees, however it can be addicting as f*k and a truly worthwhile endevour even if it fails.

In the end, the guy that has had a couple of businesses, learned through doing, is going to end up way better in life than the traditional job person. If I look at my peers I am so god d*mn further ahead it is crazy.

Don't think it is easy, it is life on hardmode.
    6'6

BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The way I see it is yes because you are reclaiming lost time. The time you spend dreading work and counting down the minutes till the shift ends is literally wasting life itself. If you have a business that you are passionate about as well as the freedom to do all the tiny things you can't at a regular job the day is much more enjoyable. You are more alive and using your time more passionately. I think that alone is a better reason to own your own business (assuming you are passionate about it and can't stand whatever 9-5 you have), than any possible monetary ones. I just want to feel purpose, life, energy and enjoyment. I don't want every day to end as soon as it starts.
    Death is impossible for us to fathom: it is so immense, so frightening, that we will do almost anything to avoid thinking about it. Society is organized to make death invisible, to keep it several steps removed. That distance may seem necessary for our comfort, but it comes with a terrible price: the illusion of limitless time, and a consequent lack of seriousness about daily life. We are running away from the one reality that faces us all.

MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL at acting like the average person will see $100-150K yearly.

Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Big Natural View Post
    There are more extremes. A normal job guarantees you of steady hours and steady pay. This is NOT the case at all in business.

I had started a new company 2 years ago (had a couple successful ones before and sold them to start this one.) and went through 2 years of extreme poverty and fear of losing everything. The odds against me were incredible.

2 Weeks ago I sold a small part to an investment bank for a LOT of money. I will now never have to worry about money again.

So yea it is extreme, there are no guarantees, however it can be addicting as f*k and a truly worthwhile endevour even if it fails.

In the end, the guy that has had a couple of businesses, learned through doing, is going to end up way better in life than the traditional job person. If I look at my peers I am so god d*mn further ahead it is crazy.

Don't think it is easy, it is life on hardmode.
    ^This. Few friends that started their own businesses. Extremely hard. Legal issues, employees, contracts, etc. All of it is on you to have proper insurance and right people in the right position(s). Work every single day, 24/7 never stopping. However, as others have said, some fail some succeed. When you get to the point where your business is so large you no longer need to work and pay other people to do it, it's nice. Getting to that point is the thing.

For me, I can be honest that right now and in the past I have not had the desire nor drive to dedicate that much of my time to something. I enjoy the comfort of working for someone else. I make decent cash and can afford to have nice things, go on vaca and buy toys. All while saving and knowing if the company I work for goes out/has problems, i can most likely find a similar job within weeks for my expertise.

I want to be able to work M-F, have the nights to come home to my family, play with my son and have the weekends to spend with them. To me, being with them now is worth more than being away missing out on them just to have more $$ at the end.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." -Will Durant
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." - Marianne Williamson
    "The only guarantee in life is death, live a life worth dying for." - Me
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
    "It's not over UNTIL I WIN!" - John-leslie Brown (Son of Les Brown)