birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Training clients in their home vs training in your home

Which is more popular?

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Training them in a big box gym is more popular.

You can't train as many if you go to them as if they come to you, since each minute you spend travelling is a minute less to train people. Bring them to you, if they're serious and you're good they'll come.

jspayne90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had a lot of luck training clients in their own homes. I was even able to start a business based on this which you can check out at commencefitness.com

If you try to train to many people in your own home you can face legal issues due to zoning laws ext...
    Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcBbwZNe1l1wjvWkea0ZMGA

******** page: https://www.********.com/commencefitness/

http://www.commencefitness.com/

My Personal Training and fitness website. Feel free to ask questions or comment.

birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jspayne90 View Post
    I have had a lot of luck training clients in their own homes. I was even able to start a business based on this which you can check out at commencefitness.com

If you try to train to many people in your own home you can face legal issues due to zoning laws ext...

I have a nice home gym, that's why I was asking. It would only be 1 on 1 training. I have always thought about doing this. I just wouldn't know where to get customers.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Training them in a big box gym is more popular.

You can't train as many if you go to them as if they come to you, since each minute you spend travelling is a minute less to train people. Bring them to you, if they're serious and you're good they'll come.

Understood, but that's not an option. Was hoping to train people at my house 1 on 1. I thought about getting a NESTA certification too. Probably won't happen because I don't know where I would get customers. It would be fun though.

KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't see why it's not an option to work at a bigger gym. I've never heard of your town before, I just went to google maps and typed the names plus "gym" and there 20+ in a 10 mile radius. Someone will hire you.

People will come to your home when they have heard of you. This comes with your having a reputation based on your experience, either in excelling in some sport or in having trained people.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    I don't see why it's not an option to work at a bigger gym. I've never heard of your town before, I just went to google maps and typed the names plus "gym" and there 20+ in a 10 mile radius. Someone will hire you.

People will come to your home when they have heard of you. This comes with your having a reputation based on your experience, either in excelling in some sport or in having trained people.

I don't need a job, I was just looking to train people in my spare time. I am going to cut back on my regular job in the near future and wanted something to do in my spare time. Try to build up a small clientele.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by birdlegs View Post
    Which is more popular?
    In business, people often believe that a particular choice needs to be decided upon before they can solidify their business strategy or plan. Business relationships are not like personal ones. In life, one often needs to choose between people, locations, meals and so on.... In business it is often best to incorporate everything possible. In other words, don't choose between a client's home and your home. Simply promote both. This way, you cover all basis.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Are there many people out there who would rather train with a trainer outside of a GYM because they are intimated by GYM's?

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by birdlegs View Post
    Are there many people out there who would rather train with a trainer outside of a GYM because they are intimated by GYM's?
    Yes, as there are people who are concerned about letting strange men into their house...to be alone with their wife.

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    Yes, as there are people who are concerned about letting strange men into their house...to be alone with their wife.

No doubt. This is why my house would be perfect. I'm married and my wife will be home. Their Husbands would feel more comfortable I would assume. Heck, he can come too. I'm just brainstorming here. Appreciate the feedback.

You are not probably going to get a lot of takers for the 'you can come workout in my basement'. The first thought for the husband, boyfriend, father or mother is going to be...'If he was any good, wouldn't he be in a gym?' or ' Really? You are going to work out at some guys house that you don't even know? O.k. Good luck with that. I'll look for your story on unsolved murders on CNBC.'

I hear you brother but it's a tough sell. That's not to say you can't pull it off.

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    You are not probably going to get a lot of takers for the 'you can come workout in my basement'. The first thought for the husband, boyfriend, father or mother is going to be...'If he was any good, wouldn't he be in a gym?' or ' Really? You are going to work out at some guys house that you don't even know? O.k. Good luck with that. I'll look for your story on unsolved murders on CNBC.'

I hear you brother but it's a tough sell. That's not to say you can't pull it off.

I'm afraid you're right

One thing I should mention, it's not your typical house and basement set up. It's a real big house in a newer subdivision and the gym is near professional quality. It's in a seperate room with mirrors, Paramount multi station with 2 sets of selectorized weight stacks, treadmill, lifecycle, bench, a whole set of Dumbbells and a few other things. It's really the perfect set up. But I can understand if people wouldn't feel comfortable with coming to a strange man's house. I wouldn't want my wife doing it.

As I said, to get people to come to your place, you have to be good.

Mike Burgener has a garage gym, as does Dan John. Many of the great and famous strength gyms started as garage gyms. Nobody says, "but why doesn't he work at big gym?" or "won't he molest me?" But those guys are good.

If you're good, you'll be fine. If you're not good, work for a big gym, do courses and get mentors until you are good.