Thread: BCAA's

RoadBike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question BCAA's

I just recently started taking BCAA's and so far I am very pleased with the results. But I do have a couple of questions that I have not been able to find the answers to anywhere else on the net.

1. If I take three 1 gram capsules at the same time. Does this raise my energy level higher than it would if I only took two? Or does this mean that the energy boost I get will last longer than it would if I had only taken two?

2. I ride a road bike competitively. Does anyone have any suggestions in regards to BCAA's about how to make the best use of them when I do ride?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Last edited by RoadBike; 01-23-2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: adding additional content.

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RoadBike View Post
    I just recently started taking BCAA's and so far I am very pleased with the results. But I do have a couple of questions that I have not been able to find the answers to anywhere else on the net.

1. If I take three 1 gram capsules at the same time. Does this raise my energy level higher than it would if I only took two? Or does this mean that the energy boost I get will last longer than it would if I had only taken two?

2. I ride a road bike competitively. Does anyone have any suggestions in regards to BCAA's about how to make the best use of them when I do ride?

Which BCAA caps are you taking? I'm sure your using a lot of your upper muscle groups when riding. I'd be happy to send you a few samples of BPI Sports Best BCAA in powder form to try?
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just recently started taking BCAA's and so far I am very pleased with the results.
    The placebo is strong with this one.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

If your BCAAs are powder, then just mix some in what ever liquid you drink while you bike. As in, drink during your workout. This is a bit harder to do with capsules though lol
    ••• Xtend Representative •••

⇒Xtend Store Link <http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/sv.htm>

NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

At least shoot for 6g better if it was more like 10-14g but 6g is the minimum I would recommend.

As for when to take them, since your going to be riding a bike it's kinda hard to take capsules while riding so I would take before your ride.

I for one won't recommend you a different kind or brand unless you ask for suggestions. Since that is the rules....
    ___----Xtend Representative----___

xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BCAAs giving energy. Strong placebo.
    CountryMike Appreciation Crew

xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1. Yes, because the more Isoleucine you consume, the more energy you get.
    The body converts Isoleucine to Carbon Oxide, the same molecule our body converts carbs (energy) to.

2. Beta-Alanine is excellent for all cardio types.
    *Go to the bathroom, flex in mirror and forget to pee crew*

*Shave one of my legs and pretend it's a girl in my bed crew*

*T-mobile worker laughed at me because only had one number for 5-friends/family list plan crew*

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by xHiroko View Post
    The body converts Isoleucine to Carbon Oxide, the same molecule our body converts carbs (energy) to.
    So the body converts all Isoleucine to Carbon Oxide you say? Please explain this process. I missed that part somewhere.
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

FL and NC crew. Lol @ living in PA. Just LOL.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have never take capsules, I would save money and opt for a powder if you can, more bang for your buck and many actually taste pretty good now
    Champion Nutrition Amino Shooter
    BPI and Scivation's Xtend are all good
    Optimum Amino Energy as well.

Sixpack
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by xHiroko View Post

2. Beta-Alanine is excellent for all cardio types.
    Listen to this guy, he knows perfectly what he's talking about. He is a renowned scientist.
    Fuack science! Show me what you can do under the bar. That's where it's at

- Dave Tate

Sorry, I am not young enough to know everything...

xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xLGx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OT2000 View Post
    So the body converts all Isoleucine to Carbon Oxide you say? Please explain this process. I missed that part somewhere.
    This has been confirmed by a double blind study from Hiroko Labs Inc.
    CountryMike Appreciation Crew

BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BULLED has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Inb4 xHiroko is hired by Tampa. He'll make a great team with Jacob.
    Fuack science! Show me what you can do under the bar. That's where it's at

- Dave Tate

Sorry, I am not young enough to know everything...

Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000)

What you get out of the BCAA depends a lot on the blend and if there is anything else in it. BCAA's aren't really for an energy boost, there are products you can get specifically for increasing energy. Yes BCAA's can stave off fatigue, and they are great for if you do a fasting workout, they can increase your endurance, but they are primarily for protein synthesis, recovery, muscle growth and preventing muscle loss.

I would get a powder and mix it in with whatever you drink when you ride. Have a little before you start and drink it throughout the ride. If it's a longer race, I'd make sure I had a protein bar or two stuffed in one of my jersey pockets that also have relatively high carbs.
    When you know yourself, you are empowered.
    When you accept yourself, you are invincible.

My journal - Ohhh... That's where that went! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170313441

abroom is just really nice. (+1000) abroom is just really nice. (+1000) abroom is just really nice. (+1000) abroom is just really nice. (+1000) abroom is just really nice. (+1000) abroom is just really nice. (+1000) abroom is just really nice. (+1000) abroom is just really nice. (+1000) abroom is just really nice. (+1000) abroom is just really nice. (+1000) abroom is just really nice. (+1000)
    In, I just recently grabbed a tub of bcaa's, (what the hell it was on sale), I dont really know if its helping, might be giving me a bit more energy, do they even work?
    **Erasmus Crew**