Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    5 whole eggs legit sounds like a great idea.

wholesome, real food and tasty.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JimmyJonny View Post
    I'm eating 4-6 whole eaggs and bacon everyday ....... am I doomed ?
    Yes. You will surely die.

Eventually.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    LOL Besides, you just don't point out the fact that anyone is 4 times older than anything! This is the 'Over35,' and some of us are a whole lot 'over' 35. Ha!
    Yeah, some of us are looking to be 4x older than 35!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post

They are wrapped in bacon and might be somebody's mommy.
    That might be worth the mystery boost of cholesterol. "I swear doc, my diet hasn't changed except for the bacon titties...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...pause

Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac
    Originally Posted by PiperBill View Post
    I have naturally high cholesterol. Can't remember the numbers exactly but they were always at the top end or just over the range for what is considered normal. I was on Lipitor for about a year but stopped taking it when I starting consistent working out 2 years ago.

Under the guidance of a nutritionist I am on a diet that has me eating up to 5 whole eggs a day. I'm eating mostly protein and fat rich foods early in the day and saving carbs and protein for around workout time and dinner. All whole foods and no more (or very few) shakes is my current goal.

I'm a bit concerned about the eggs as I was always warned off them by my doctor. No more than 2 a week was the rule. Nutritionist tells me that was "old school thinking" but suggested I run the diet for a month and then get a blood test to make sure.

There are a lot of conflicting opinions on the risks or benefits of consuming eggs.

Whats the general consensus around here?

The last half serious discussion I found on the forums was from 2009. Maybe things have changed since then?
    Cholesterol cops a bum wrap, this is one just one of many misconceptions in the health and fitness industry which is chock full of bro science. Cholesterol should be sort after as Its role in health is vital. Up your eggs to 10 a day if it means eating less boxed foods.

Many studies and observations show folks with higher cholesterol on average live longer and healthier that those with lower levels.

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/th...sterol_con.htm

"Cholesterol has never, I repeat NEVER been clinically demonstrated to cause a single heart attack"
    http://anthonycolpo.com/new-study-wo...l-live-longer/

I personally eat foods from nature that are high in fat and this includes eating at least 30 whole eggs per week. My mood and vitality are good and over health well above average for my age in fact any age. My intention is not to live forever but to enjoy the limited time on the planet with a healthy body that can keep me involved with life.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Especially at the current price. I eat 3-4 eggs a day. Of all things that I have to manage, my cholesterol has never once tested out of the normal range.
    Are eggs in the USA really that expensive that some folks cant afford to buy them?

Im detecting a trend in the USA that one of the reasons the health is so poor over there is that the consumption of real food is not within the budget of many folks? Meat, eggs, fresh veggies and fruit?

Originally Posted by DrFlexologist View Post
    statin drugs work so well/
    They dont work well at all.

I'll take a heart surgeon's word with over 5,000 surgeries over most everyone else. But that's just me.
    Originally Posted by LitePizza View Post
    I don't get the point of eating the whole egg? I don't like the long term silent cholesterol risks and believe plaque lining over time isn't worth it when you can just as easily get the same nutrition from egg whites adding other fats to produce the same benefit as the whole egg for muscle. Why chance something when other things are equally available with out any cholesterol? Save the cholesterol limits for meat and fish. The thing with eggs, is who has underlying conditions and who doesn't? Many people don't know.

Mayo
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...l/FAQ-20058468
    Do you honestly think that nature would dish up a food like the timeless egg where eating it would see you die of disease? This is the most preposterous humanly derived concept Ive heard. You do realize that along with the egg, unhealthy folks may also be eating a ton of man made boxed foods! Of the egg the yoke is the most nutritional part and any one that intentionally throws away the yoke with the idea that some how the yoke is bad, is moronic. Seriously moronic.

I'll take a heart surgeon's word with over 5,000 surgeries over most everyone else. But that's just me.
    Originally Posted by LitePizza View Post
    I don't get the point of eating the whole egg? I don't like the long term silent cholesterol risks and believe plaque lining over time isn't worth it when you can just as easily get the same nutrition from egg whites adding other fats to produce the same benefit as the whole egg for muscle. Why chance something when other things are equally available with out any cholesterol? Save the cholesterol limits for meat and fish. The thing with eggs, is who has underlying conditions and who doesn't? Many people don't know.

Mayo
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...l/FAQ-20058468
    The directly from your link above.

"Chicken eggs are high in cholesterol, but the effect of egg consumption on blood cholesterol is minimal when compared with the effect of trans fats and saturated fats.

The risk of heart disease may be more closely tied to the foods that accompany the eggs in a traditional American breakfast such as the sodium in the bacon, sausages and ham, and the saturated fat or oils with trans fats used to fry the eggs and the hash browns.

Most healthy people can eat up to seven eggs a week with no increase in their risk of heart disease. Some studies have shown that this level of egg consumption may actually prevent some types of strokes."

Originally Posted by quietchef View Post
    The cholesterol debate is very fascinating!

If you google lipid hypothesis, it'll give you a ton of good reading, contrary results, and more mystery than Area 51.

The exact relationship between internally produced cholesterol, dietary cholesterol, and atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries and subsequently heart attacks/strokes) is almost impossible to pin down.

From my personal observations of getting a blood panel done every 6 months or annually since 25 (when life insurance tests came back higher than 'healthy' range):
    -A diet lacking in saturated fats will yield a higher blood cholesterol level.
    -A diet moderate in saturated fats will yield a moderate blood cholesterol level.
    -Limiting all sources of simple sugars keeps the triglycerides in a healthier range.
    -Daily cardio keeps triglycerides is a very healthy range.
    -All the 'healthy fats' have virtually no effect on HDL levels.

These are just my observations. By no means worth more than an observation.
    Some logic. Well done

Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There is nothing wrong with eating 5 whole eggs a day. In fact, it's very healthy for you. It's a whole food that your body uses as energy.

You guys do realize that your body does not break down dietary cholesterol and store it as blood serum cholesterol?

The great cholesterol myth was broken long ago. There's literally too many links to give you guys on this subject.

I thought this forum (the O35) was above bro-science BS?

Here watch this youtube video for straight hard facts about cholestrol, and many other BS bro-science beliefs spouted here at BB.com.

-----------------

My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168325713

Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Palmac View Post
    Are eggs in the USA really that expensive that some folks cant afford to buy them?

Im detecting a trend in the USA that one of the reasons the health is so poor over there is that the consumption of real food is not within the budget of many folks? Meat, eggs, fresh veggies and fruit?
    USA citizen checking in, I think for the general population here that is unhealthy it comes to bad choices and bad eating habits more than the price. I'm like you I mainly eat all whole foods consisting of protein and fat. Whole milk is 2.75$ per gallon, I can get chicken for 1.99-2.99$ per pound, eggs 5.00$ for an 18 pack, beef around 4$ per pound. The vegetables are actually some of the most expensive groceries. Meat, milk and greens is usually all I have in my cart.

I love eggs. Eat at least 4 per day and fry them in real butter
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

10/22/16 Meet: 350/220/505 1075lb total
    04/29/17 Meet: 390/240/535 1165lb total
    11/04/17 Meet: 424/254/551 1229lb total

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't know about everyone else but I'm having 5 eggs and bacon titties for breakfast tomorrow...

Originally Posted by Hammerhagen View Post
    USA citizen checking in, I think for the general population here that is unhealthy it comes to bad choices and bad eating habits more than the price. I'm like you I mainly eat all whole foods consisting of protein and fat. Whole milk is 2.75$ per gallon, I can get chicken for 1.99-2.99$ per pound, eggs 5.00$ for an 18 pack, beef around 4$ per pound. The vegetables are actually some of the most expensive groceries. Meat, milk and greens is usually all I have in my cart.

I love eggs. Eat at least 4 per day and fry them in real butter
    Spot on! Looking good for it to.

I travel to the USA 2 times a year every year for the past 14 years. I do business there. Its a very similat culture and attitude to here in Oz, I must say that the average Joe over their is less well off and the average wage is not great.
    However I love it as goods and services are so cheap compared to here. I spend up.

Originally Posted by Korr View Post
    There is nothing wrong with eating 5 whole eggs a day. In fact, it's very healthy for you. It's a whole food that your body uses as energy.

You guys do realize that your body does not break down dietary cholesterol and store it as blood serum cholesterol?

The great cholesterol myth was broken long ago. There's literally too many links to give you guys on this subject.

Here watch this youtube video for straight hard facts about cholestrol, and many other BS bro-science beliefs spouted here at BB.com.

I often refer folks to that very video. I think its compelling.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    I don't know about everyone else but I'm having 5 eggs and bacon titties for breakfast tomorrow...
    I have had no eggs this week, so I am having 35 today.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have had no eggs this week, so I am having 35 today.
    LOL I am going to take a walk on the wild side. What are the weekends for if not for living on the edge, experiencing a little excitement? I'm going to poach some eggs today. In all of my years I have never poached an egg. I have poached rabbits in the middle of the night with a spotlight, but never an egg! I'm thinking fresh leaf spinach, red onion and mushrooms, poached eggs, and some Smithfield Applewood bacon. No tits. Ha!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    LOL I am going to take a walk on the wild side. What are the weekends for if not for living on the edge, experiencing a little excitement? I'm going to poach some eggs today. In all of my years I have never poached an egg. I have poached rabbits in the middle of the night with a spotlight, but never an egg! I'm thinking fresh leaf spinach, red onion and mushrooms, poached eggs, and some Smithfield Applewood bacon. No tits. Ha!
    Lol. I have 3 down, and already feel like Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke. I did have popcorn first, so there is that.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Lol. I have 3 down, and already feel like Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke. I did have popcorn first, so there is that.
    Just 47 to go...

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Korr View Post

[youtube]fvKdYUCUca8[youtube]
    What bro-science are you referring to? I just finished watching the movie, agree with what she says, and still believe that excessively high intakes of dietary cholesterol may be a factor the OP should consider.

Originally Posted by Palmac View Post
    Most healthy people can eat up to seven eggs a week with no increase in their risk of heart disease. Some studies have shown that this level of egg consumption may actually prevent some types of strokes."
    What was that? "Most healthy people"? The OP was asking from the point of someone with extenuating health concerns and not someone who is "generally healthy".

OP From what I saw in the movie posted by Korr (which I think was something you should definitely watch in it's entirety).

They suggested;
    Coming off or avoiding statins. Which I think the current research supports.
    Increasing levels of CoQ10
    Increasing levels of Vitamin A and K2
    The research supports that those generally healthy are at no risk with high dietary intakes.
    ..... However (56:00) the research is still unclear about the effects of dietary intake of cholesterol and heart health.
    ..... Those who were under 60 (read history) with a high level may be at risk. (1:03)

Since you are at a slightly higher risk factor this is how I see it. If you are generally losing weight and exercising, then you're probably not even eating enough food to even worry about hitting a high intake. When you get to a point where you are adding mass, dietary intake of cholesterol may become much more of a consideration. The simple place to cut cholesterol from foods would be from oxidized cholesterol sources like vegetable oils; if not limit from the sources with the highest amounts.

Start tracking your intake, which may not even be high. Current guidelines where 200 mg, higher estimates are 300 which are indeed artificially low. If your intake was 300, probably even higher, it may not be a concern. If it was 800+ (possibly more?) that could possibly be a concern for you.
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 02-13-2016 at 06:33 PM.

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post

OP From what I saw in the movie posted by Korr (which I think was something you should definitely watch in it's entirety).

They suggested;
    Coming off or avoiding statins. Which I think the current research supports.
    Increasing levels of CoQ10
    Increasing levels of Vitamin A and K2
    The research supports that those generally healthy are at no risk with high dietary intakes.
    ..... However (56:00) the research is still unclear about the effects of dietary intake of cholesterol and heart health.
    ..... Those who were under 60 (read history) with a high level may be at risk. (1:03)

Start tracking your intake, which may not even be high. Current guidelines where 200 mg, higher estimates are 300 which are indeed artificially low. If your intake was 300, probably even higher, it may not be a concern. If it was 800+ (possibly more?) that could possibly be a concern for you.
    I would add natural (not sythetic) vitamin C to that list. I have been eating 3 eggs a day on work days and a couple over the weekend. 5 a day was just getting too boring. I'm getting my cholesterol levels checked soon. Intake is around 700/day on work days. Be interesting to see the blod test resuts.
    Anybody can workout for an hour but controlling what you eat the next 23 hours is the real task.

DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DrFlexologist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good fats are good for you. Your brain is 80% fat. Cholesterol is a precursor to testosterone production. Keep eating your eggs if you like eating them. There are WAY worse things you could be eating than whole eggs.

Some wise words from a doctor about cholesterol.

http://www.sott.net/article/242516-H...-heart-disease

Good fats are good for you. Your brain is 80% fat. Cholesterol is a precursor to testosterone production. Keep eating your eggs if you like eating them. There are WAY worse things you could be eating than whole eggs.

Some wise words from a doctor about cholesterol.

http://www.sott.net/article/242516-H...-heart-disease
    Thumbs up

Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500) Mojoke is not very helpful. (-500)
    The good news is, if OP drops dead, his family can sue the nutritionist and get in the big money
    Last edited by Mojoke; 02-17-2016 at 04:36 AM.
    How much I lift is irrelevant, it will be more tomorrow