Thread: Nasm exam

Bronny22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nasm exam

I am studying for the nasm cpt, I have read the book completely and most of the online materials. I was just wondering from someone who has completed the exam. What is the most important info to focus on. Or any advice would be greatly appreciated.

xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey dude,

I passed the exam first try a few weeks ago (12/29/15), and it was way different from how I thought it would be…

Straight off the bat, probably 8-10 questions from the NASM practice exam are on the actual exam. And then maybe 5-10 questions are similar to the exam, or are opposite from the practice exam. I took a bunch of offsite practice exams, and none of those questions were mentioned in the real exam (So that was a waste of time). There are a few NASM practice quiz apps, but most of those questions were pointless as well… A few questions were from the provided PDF flashcards.

The questions that surprised me the most were the nutritional questions, and questions about CPR/AED. Other questions consisted asking about body composition, and/or asked about carb/protein intake for someone trying to gain mass… There were very little questions about the human anatomy. And of course you have to know everything on page 196.
    My Fitness Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162417831

ProMera Sports Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162512671

YouTube.com/HeyJodyBryan

IG: @JodyTiongco

Was it easier or harder than you thought

xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xADONAIx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bronny22 View Post
    Harder than I expected. I knew it was going to be tough from reading other people's experiences. My brother is the Fitness Manager at Crunch Fitness, and he says that only 2 of his 8 employees first try. The rest passed on their second or third tries.

So I prepared myself as much as possible. 20 of the 120 questions are for internal use only and don't go towards your final score. You won't know which or where those 20 questions are… When I took my exam I didn't know or even heard of the first 3 questions… so I immediately started freaking out… but as the exam went on I knew more and more of the questions… I'm assuming the questions I had no knowledge of had to be apart of the 20 questions, because I studied and completed the book 3 times and went through the syllabus. So I felt like I knew every inch of the book.
    My Fitness Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162417831

ProMera Sports Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162512671

YouTube.com/HeyJodyBryan

IG: @JodyTiongco

This is my 2nd pass through the book...I related to some of the info through my own training but, alot of it I'm having trouble remembering it all. That's the reason I figured I'd just focus on the "most important".

Tammiibody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is my 2nd pass through the book...I related to some of the info through my own training but, alot of it I'm having trouble remembering it all. That's the reason I figured I'd just focus on the "most important".
    I'm not much help myself, I'm currently in the works of taking NASM online courses and soon to take it myself in 4-5 weeks. I have a hard time remembering it all myself as well.

drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey guys, I passed on my first try as well. I highly suggest

1- the NASM CPT app. It was 12 bucks, but the practice questions it gives you are VERY similar to the exam type questions. While this is not a good study guide for the exam (though you can learn a few good bits here and there), it is an excellent way to gauge whether you're ready or not. I made sure I was scoring an average of 90% on each practice quiz on it before I took my exam. The questions are great for seeing what TYPE of questions are on the exam. Worth the investment in my opinion.
    2- KNOW PAGE 196 FRONT TO BACK, if you do, you'll be able to answer correctly 25% of the exam.

I made a video sharing the topics I found most important to study. Hope this helps!

NASM CPT / Online Coach (PM Me)
    PRs: 307B / 420S / 565ConvDL / 520SumoDL

Latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLz3VXY1uHU

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I thought it was about average. Harder than ACE but easier than others I have taken. You shouldn't have too hard of a problem since you understood the material.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.