kwave90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone know PT industry near Los Angeles????

I'm thinking about starting to work as PT near Los Angeles area.

I have a 4 year degree, CPT and CSCS, and 10 months of experience training athlete population.

Please share some information about the situation of PT industry specifically for Los Angeles area.

I've read somewhere that big cities are where there's more money, jobs and potential clients, and that LA is where looks matter the most so PT is a hot career (relative to other cities, at least), but I've also read elsewhere that LA area is too competitive for trainers and there really isn't that much money in the area for PT and the pays are actually on the lower side.

I don't know which of these conflicting statements are more so true.

I think I want to work in richer areas near LA (preferably within 30min drive) like Beverly Hills because in richer areas, there are more people that can afford to pay for PT, thus more potential clients that aren't so hesitant to make the investment.

(Although it's not a good thing I know) I'm not a marketing person and I'd love to be at a place where I get clients without all the selling so that I focus less on selling and more on helping clients achieve results, so that they are more willing to continue training, and to expand client base through referral.

Please recommend me areas that would be good to work as a PT and maybe specific gyms if you know of any. Also, please feel free to give me any other advises.

kwave90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump....anyone in Los Angeles?