Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    wrstlrJIM

90% of Americans don't care about these statistic threads.

-I for one, am sick of being called ignorant, ethnocentric, dumb, fat, lazy, greedy, pathetic, and selfish.

-This thread is in response to all the anti-American threads out there.

-I GET IT, you all think that I have never been out of the country, that I don't care about anyone else, that I suck because I live in America, that I have no idea where any other countries are because I live in America, and that I'm pretty much stupid, fat, and lazy because I live in America.

-Well, I'd like to say just one thing. I would love to visit other countries, I am not fat, I am not selfish, I am not greedy, I am not stupid, I am not ethnocentric, I am certainly NOT PATHETIC, and not lazy.

-I am sorry if you feel sourly towards Americans, but please do not generalize. I personally have never said anything racist or ethnocentric.

-How about you all tell me a little something about your countries, and why I should visit them, because I do plan to travel a whole lot after college, while in the AF.

-Here is the list of places I plan to/want to visit: Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Sweden, Africa, Japan, Thailand, Brazil.

(no negs)

Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am not anti American

I am a United States Marine and have served my country in the greatest manner I could

I do however hate Americans who do not make the effort to experience other cultures and realize that there are many other people groups far superior in discipline and education.

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ignorant American posting here. I've never been out of the country.

wrstlrJIM
    Originally Posted by Slated View Post
    I am not anti American

I am a United States Marine and have served my country in the greatest manner I could

I do however hate Americans who do not make the effort to experience other cultures and realize that there are many other people groups far superior in discipline and education.
    Well how about you tell me a little about the countries you have visited, instead of bashing me all the time. Semper Fidelis?

P.S. Although its not much, I've been out of the country 3 times.

HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Did you know 70% of statistics are made up on the spot?
    Never criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Packer Nation

efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    so basically you hate people who aren't affluent.

because that's what it takes to take a plethora of time off from your career and devote large sums of money to "experiencing other cultures".

Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Strong honesty.

Fact is, MOST Americans are fat/lazy. How? They lead their lives like a robot. Wake up, work from 9-5, watch TV, eat pizza and sleep. Repeat. Repeat.

If you have been to any other country, you'll see the difference.

There are very smart, hard working people also, but most are not like this. It's a shame, but it's true.

They try to make fun of others how they are poor/weak, but deep inside, they know how boring and dull their lives are...

Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HELIX35 View Post
    Did you know 70% of statistics are made up on the spot?
    Did you know that 80% of statistics are false?

Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ezrhino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am not anti American

60% of me thinks you're a chode.

Oh, and I've been to many different countries.
    Took a year or so off from lifting, now back gaining size and strength on Rippetoe's Starting Strength program.

Forever cutting..... Blake Austin's Avatar
    Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well I've never been west of Ohio! And I'm fine with that.

Some Americans will travel and see the world, some won't. Count me as one that won't.

I could care less about Europe/Asia etc. and their cultures. But at the same time, I don't put them down. I just don't have the time nor energy, nor interest to waste on them.

I have one life to live, that's all, just one, so I'll live it the way I want, and that means not going to all parts of the world.
    ~I'm an egomaniac with a inferiority complex...

~I love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic,
    awful, beautiful life.........

kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500)
    I am not anti American

i agree with you. i don't know why but a lot of people here think i'm anti-american. I odn't understand why becasue i love USA.

Imo the biggest problem with you Americans is that you don't want to admit there's some problems in your country and your culture (like in any other country in the world).

Most of you are still living in the past. USA is a great nation but isn't the greatest ever.

I believe that the best thing to do when someone love his country is to not stuck his head in the sand but to see the truth and trying to chnge things.

That's was we are trying to do here in France : We will change our president in 50 days, and there's a lot of things to do because our economy sucks, there's too many jobless people, too many homeless....and i said that becasue i love my country, but it looks like most Americans can't do that.

They just listen to Bush and their Gov and say "amen" to everything !!

Please USa, WAKE UP !

kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Blake Austin View Post

Some Americans will travel and see the world, some won't. Count me as one that won't.

I could care less about Europe/Asia etc. and their cultures. But at the same time, I don't put them down. I just don't have the time nor energy, nor interest to waste on them.

I have one life to live, that's all, just one, so I'll live it the way I want, and that means not going to all parts of the world.
    i can understand that but are you nit curious ? Imean don't you want ot know how is life in others countries ? i don't talk about to go there but maye to watch TV report, reading books and magazines, etc...

I have never been i nthe USA, but i'm very curious about your way of life and i read a lot of stuffs about your country, i also like to watch reports about the big cities, etc...

HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    Did you know that 80% of statistics are false?
    Did you know 75% of studies that people post are wrong? I'll post the study later.
    Never criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Packer Nation

efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000) efini84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kalagan View Post
    Imo the biggest problem with you Americans is that you don't want to admit there's some problems in your country and your culture (like in any other country in the world).
    surely you jest

not a single goddamn day goes by without talk of said problems in this country and our culture. pick up an american newspaper some time.

if you're really think we stick our heads in the sand and think happy thoughts, i don't suggest labelling americans as the ones who are ignorant.
    Last edited by efini84; 03-02-2007 at 07:54 AM.

wrstlrJIM
    Originally Posted by Adam444 View Post
    Strong honesty.

Fact is, MOST Americans are fat/lazy. How? They lead their lives like a robot. Wake up, work from 9-5, watch TV, eat pizza and sleep. Repeat. Repeat.

If you have been to any other country, you'll see the difference.

There are very smart, hard working people also, but most are not like this. It's a shame, but it's true.

They try to make fun of others how they are poor/weak, but deep inside, they know how boring and dull their lives are...
    See, you are proving my point. I happen to not be one of those that are not lazy or fat. I do not live my life like a robot, and do not make fun of other countries.

I do not see the world with all these imaginary lines that separate us all. The only thing that separates me from someone in China/Thailand/Russia/France is distance and culture.

I can't help it that I'm too poor to visit other countries.

So stop generalizing!

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am not anti American

I honestly commend you for serving this great country of ours.

But I don't agree with your statements about you hating "Americans who do not make the effort to experience other cultures" or that "Americans are so ignorant." You have your priorities just like everyone else does. Your priority obviously is getting out into the world. Mine personally is taking care of and spending time with my wife and three boys. I have absolutely no desire to travel overseas. But that doesn't make me dumb. Sure I may be ignorant of other cultures, but I don't lose sleep over it.

There is something to be said about someone who tries to impose their priorities and beliefs on another person that simply doesn't agree with them. Disrespecting someone because they don't see the world through your eyes (literally) doesn't make you right.

I have no problem with you Slated. There are many others on here that do. I am not trying to flame you either. Just trying to make you see the other side as well.

I have never been i nthe USA
    and yet you talk as though you're somehow qualified to expound on our culture and "problems"? but the moment an american does that about france or any other country, he's an ignorant yank that isn't cultured and experienced?

strong hypocrisy.

Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000) Lothar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HELIX35 View Post
    Did you know 75% of studies that people post are wrong? I'll post the study later.
    Did you know that 78% of all statistics' percentages are made up? Like this one?

And that 82% of the people who read them will believe it?

Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Blake Austin View Post

Not having a go at you mate, but aren't you at all interested in seeing the world? I mean, like you say, you only live once, dont you think it would be a shame to only see east of ohio in your lifetime?

Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    Did you know that 78% of all statistics' percentages are made up? Like this one?

And that 82% of the people who read them will believe it?
    Did you know that my cologne works 60% of the time every time?

Packer Nation

Originally Posted by wrstlrJIM View Post
    See, you are proving my point. I happen to not be one of those that are not lazy or fat. I do not live my life like a robot, and do not make fun of other countries.

I do not see the world with all these imaginary lines that separate us all. The only thing that separates me from someone in China/Thailand/Russia/France is distance and culture.

I can't help it that I'm too poor to visit other countries.

So stop generalizing!
    the LAST thing i'd label americans is lazy. we work our asses off (arguably too much) to be at the top and stay at the top.

Originally Posted by efini84 View Post
    surely you jest

not a single goddamn day goes by without talk of said problems in this country and our culture. pick up an american newspaper some time.

if you're really think we stick our heads in the sand and think happy thoughts, i don't suggest labelling americans as the ones who are ignorant.
    QFT.

We are all well aware of the problems in this country. We have news media 24/7 telling us about our flaws. Obviously he doesn't have a clue as to what he speaks of otherwise he wouldn't have made that statement. And that's just what we need (USA) is some French guy pointing out our flaws and giving his opinion.

At least the USA fights their battles and does not run from them.
    Last edited by jason_bh; 03-02-2007 at 08:01 AM.

Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post
    QFT.

We are all well aware of the problems in this country. We have news media 24/7 telling us about our flaws. Obviously he doesn't have a clue as to what he speaks of otherwise he wouldn't have made that statement.
    he sure as hell isn't talking about MY america. we never shut up about the problems here. lol

indian23 is just really nice. (+1000) indian23 is just really nice. (+1000) indian23 is just really nice. (+1000) indian23 is just really nice. (+1000) indian23 is just really nice. (+1000) indian23 is just really nice. (+1000) indian23 is just really nice. (+1000) indian23 is just really nice. (+1000) indian23 is just really nice. (+1000) indian23 is just really nice. (+1000) indian23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Adam444 View Post
    Fact is, MOST Americans are fat/lazy.

Tell that to these guys

Johnny Cakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Cakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Cakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Cakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Cakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Cakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Cakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Cakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Cakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Cakes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Cakes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They just listen to Bush and their Gov and say "amen" to everything !!

Please USa, WAKE UP !
    Americans just listen to Bush and say "Amen" to everything?

Where do you come up with this ****? George Bush is the most scrutinized American president in a loooooooooong time.

You're making things up again.

buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty much everyone thinks their country is the greatest or is better than some other country. I like the states as a country and they have some kickass places that i would like to go to like Vegas. They have my favorite sports teams in all the leagues, Dallas Stars(hockey)(fav sport btw but it is a Canadian sport and Canadians dominate in it), LA Lakers(Kobe my fav player), NY Yankee's(jeter fav player)(not really a big fan of baseball or basketball though). MY only problem with the states is how many ignorant people there are who claim they are the best in the world at everything, which they sure as hell aren't. Not all americans are ignorant though but a lot of them are. When someone from another country mentions a problem in the states americans will get all defensive and start to try and attack individuals personally rather than talk about the problems. I don't plan on travelling over seas to europe or asia because i don't have any interest of those places and to me i can do anything i want over here in Canada or in the states.
    █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█
    UWO Alumni '12
    Canadian Crew
    Dallas Stars Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnny Cakes View Post
    Americans just listen to Bush and say "Amen" to everything?

Where do you come up with this ****? George Bush is the most scrutinized American president in a loooooooooong time.

You're making things up again.
    lol i missed that line. i just stopped reading when he said we don't talk about our faults.

Is Sly in Training little rambo's Avatar
    little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Did you know that when people guess on a true/false question they have an 80% of getting it wrong
    REDCON1 BIG NOISE! Log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175308671

Originally Posted by time4muscles View Post
    Pretty much everyone thinks their country is the greatest or is better than some other country.
    and that's natural. it's part of survival.
    When someone from another country mentions a problem in the states americans will get all defensive
    and this is natural as well.

how are you going to react when your neighbor starts expounding on problems he thinks that your family has.

reksman will become famous soon enough. (+50) reksman will become famous soon enough. (+50) reksman will become famous soon enough. (+50) reksman will become famous soon enough. (+50) reksman will become famous soon enough. (+50) reksman will become famous soon enough. (+50) reksman will become famous soon enough. (+50) reksman will become famous soon enough. (+50) reksman will become famous soon enough. (+50) reksman will become famous soon enough. (+50) reksman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One could leave the country and still be pretty ignorant.

Just sayin'
    "Would you believe it, Ariadne? The Minotaur scarcely defended himself."