Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The Warrior/Gladiator Routines - The Viking's Fullbody Programs

The Warrior Routine

I created this program as a result of a challenge I got a couple of months ago "How would you combine the fast progression of fullbody routines with the variety and fun of a split routine?" The challenge was give to me by a buddy of mine, who only had 3 days week to be in the gym. As some of you may know, I really don't like fullbody routines... atleast not the usual Starting Strength/Stronglift lookalikes, that are always being recommended. The biggest issue I have with most "proven" fullbody routines is the surprisingly low frequency of most of the lifts. Aside from the squat, everything else is only performed once or twice a week, which makes it inferior to a solid upper/lower split and only slighty better than a bodypart split. When I do a fullbody routine, there's certain exercises I want to perform 3 times a week, which I will get into more detail with below.

The other goal was to the include at bit more variety, flexibility and fun in the program, as it doesn't matter how "optimal" (I hate that term) or efficient a program is... if you don't enjoy it, you most likely won't follow it for long. So along with the main lifts, I've included a variety of accessory exercsises, which are focused different muscle groups each day... like a split routine. So here's the basic overview of the program...

Day 1: Main Lifts + Chest and Back accessory exercises
    Day 2: Rest
    Day 3: Main Lifts + Legs and Core accessory exercises
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Main Lifts + Shoulders and Arms accessory exercises
    Day 6: Rest
    Day 7: Rest

The Main Lifts

These are the backbone of the program, this is where you'll make the most progress, adding weight or reps everytime you're in the gym. And that's also why these aren't optional... if you're gonna do this program, you're gonna learn to love these exercises too. They're simply the best for their specific purpose. The rep range here is 6-10 reps... I've found this is the sweet spot for creating the most gains in both size and strength. There's two ways you can make your progress on these lifts... one way is to start with a weight you can do 6 solid reps with and work your way up to 10 reps, adding a rep or two every time you repeat an exercise, then add weight. The other way is to start with a weight you can get 10 solid reps with and then add weight every time you repeat an exercise. Or you can combine them.

Back Squats

I could write a 20 page paper on why everybody should have squats in the their routines, but you guys most likely already know why the squat one of the greats. It works the entire lower body, quads, hams, glutes, the core muscle... everything is getting a good pounding with this exercise. You're gonna perform 4 sets in each workout.

Bench Press

You knew it... nothing signals strength like having a big set of well developed chesticles and being able to move some heavy weights on the bench. It works the chest, shoulders and triceps hard, while engaging your upper back and core musles too. You're gonna perform 3 sets in each workout.

Barbell Rows

I bet you thought it was the deadlift... this is where my program differs from other fullbody programs. I believe that Bent Over Barbells Rows, when performed corrently, is the best mass builder for the upper and mid back, and that's why I have it as a main lift. Most people do it wrong though... as they do it with 30-45 degree bend, when you actually have to get down to around 60-75 degress, where you're body is almost horizontal in the air. Use a medium to wide grip and get rowing. You're gonna do 3 sets in each workout.

The Accessory Exercises

If you consider the main lifts as the meat and potatoes of the program, then this is the desert you get to enjoy. This is where you get to have a bit fun, do little more bodybuilding style training, hit and isolate the muscles from slightly different angles. And it also breaks up the monotone experience of a fullbody routine, which will make it a lot more enjoyable for a lot of new trainees.

Chest and Back accessories

Incline Dumbbell Press 2-3 sets 8-12 reps

Again, having a set of well developed chesticles is something every guy wants. And I prefer using dumbbells and an adjustable bench for this one, as it allows you to play around the specific angle. I like setting the bench at around 25-30 degrees, as it takes a lot of the delts out of the equation.

Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups 2-3 sets 8-12 reps

This where you get work on that wide back... if you're strong enough to do pullups, do them. If you're not strong enough or maybe you simply prefer pulldowns, then to those instead. Pick the one you like the most.

Close-Grip Cable Rows or Dumbbell Rows 2-3 sets 8-12 reps

Again, pick the one you like the most... just make sure you keep the movement low and close to the body to really hammer those lower lats.

Barbell Shrugs 2-3 sets 8-12 reps

This one is pretty straight forward... stretch at the bottom and squeeze at the top.

Legs and Core accessories

Rack Pulls or Deadlift 1-3 sets 5-8 reps

I don't find deadlifts as important as most people do, but if you want do them, here's your opportunity. Just make sure you're not slacking on good form.

Leg Press or Hack Squat 2-3 sets 8-12 reps

Again, pick the one you like the most.

Leg Curls, standing or lying 2-3 sets 8-12 reps

Ab exercise 2-3 sets 10-20 reps

Pick an ab exercise you like and do it... Cable Crunches, Leg Raises, Planks... I don't really care which one you'll pick.

Shoulders and Arms accessories

Miltary Press or Seated Dumbbell Press or Lateral Raises 2-3 sets 8-12 reps

I would pick a pressing exercises myself, but if you feel like you have enough pressing sets during the week, pick lateral raises instead.

Rear Lateral Raises or Facepulls 2-3 sets 10-15 reps

Barbell Curls 2-3 sets 8-12 reps

The granddaddy of biceps exercises... there's no other suitable replacement for this one.

Skullcrushers 2-3 sets 8-12 reps

The best massbuilder for triceps in my experience... perform it with either an EZ bar or dumbbells to take the pressure off your wrists.

I hope you enjoyed reading the program through and I'm eager to hear some opinions on it.

The Gladiator Routine

Here I present my second fullbody program, designed to increase your numbers on the big lifts as fast your individual recovery abilities allow you to do. Again, this program is built around a few main lifts, but it also have a couple of secondary lifts, plus some additional accessory work.

Day 1: Main Lifts + Secondary Lifts + accessory work
    Day 2: Rest
    Day 3: Main Lifts + accessory work
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Main Lifts + Secondary Lifts + accessory work
    Day 6: Rest
    Day 7: Rest

The Main Lifts

Again, the main lifts here are Back Squat, Bench Press and Barbell Row... as long you're able to add weight to these exercises, everything else will follow suit. With these exercises, you will do 3 sets on each training day. On Day 1, you'll do 3 sets of 6 reps. On Day 3, you'll do 3 sets of 7 reps. And on Day 5, you'll do 2 sets of 8 reps and one AMRAP set. The AMRAP set will determine how much weight you'll add to your lifts the following week. If you hit 8 reps, you add 10 pounds to your squat and 5 pounds to your bench and row. For every two reps, you'll add another 5 pounds to your lifts... so if you achieve 12 reps on the final set, you'll add 20 pounds to your squat, 15 pounds to your bench and row. If you miss any reps during the week, you'll remove 20 pounds from your squat and 10 pounds from your bench and row.

Recommended starting weight is your 10 rep max for each exercise.

The Secondary Lifts

Military Press and Deadlift... two great exercises to aid you in your strength building journey. The volume is gonna be kept fairly low on these as you're only gonna do 2-3 sets of each every week. On Day 1, you're gonna do 1 set of 6 reps, and on day 5, 2 sets of 6 reps. As long as you hit your reps, you add 5 pounds your Military Press and 10 pounds to your Deadlift each week. If you miss any reps during the week, you'll remove 5 pounds from your Military Press and 10 pounds from your Deadlift.

Recommended starting weight is your 10 rep max for the Military Press. For the deadlift, use your 10 rep squat max instead.

The Full Program

Day 1
    Squat 3x6
    Bench Press 3x6
    Barbell Row 3x6
    Deadlift 1x6 or Romanian DLs 3x8-12
    Military Press 1x6 or Seated DB Press 2x8-12
    Wide-grip Pulldowns 3x8-12
    Abs/Calves Superset 3x10-15

Day 3
    Squat 3x7
    Bench Press 3x7
    Barbell Row 3x7
    Incline DB Press 2x8-12
    Straight-Arm Pulldowns/Facepulls Superset 3x10-15
    Barbell Curls/Skullcrushers Superset 3x8-12

Day 5
    Squat 2x8 1xAMRAP
    Bench Press 2x8 1xAMRAP
    Barbell Row 2x8 1xAMRAP
    Deadlift 2x6
    Military Press 2x6
    Close-grip Pulldowns 3x8-12
    Abs/Calves Superset 3x10-15

I hope you enjoyed reading the program through and I'm eager to hear some opinions on it.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 02-22-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This program looks like what a bunch of people try to create, but they fail cause they don't know what they're doing. I like it.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

KenoXZbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenoXZbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenoXZbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenoXZbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenoXZbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenoXZbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenoXZbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenoXZbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenoXZbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenoXZbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) KenoXZbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks great. Would love to see more routines made by you!

TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheViking1992 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    This program looks like what a bunch of people try to create, but they fail cause they don't know what they're doing. I like it.
    So what you're really saying is that I know what I'm doing

Originally Posted by KenoXZbrah View Post
    Looks great. Would love to see more routines made by you!
    Just look out, I got some great stuff I'm working on.

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can see you did not spend any time with your woman this week

Looks good my man
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheViking1992 View Post
    So what you're really saying is that I know what I'm doing

Just look out, I got some great stuff I'm working on.
    She did not say that at all...lmao. Quit reading between the words
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Personally I would alternate press and bench (since too few people give it the love it deserves) but otherwise a solid approach. Nicely done.

Cecat7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cecat7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cecat7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cecat7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cecat7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cecat7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cecat7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cecat7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cecat7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cecat7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cecat7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    There is a reason most full body programs limit big lifts to 2x a week and alternate them every workout (like fierce 5). Once you get to the (relatively) heavier weights you're hammered after a workout.

I would NOT recommend your routine for beginners because it's too much volume and their form on the big lifts will start to suffer.. thus causing injuries.

Even for advanced lifters this might be challenging I think. Also, you're performing 7 exercises of which 4 (3 big lifts + one of the accessories like deadlift or OHP) are very heavy compound lifts... I'm wondering if form won't break down after 2-3 exercises and how much time you will be spending in the gym.

Another thing: add bench press to your back/chest "accessories" and you have a perfectly fine back/chest workout.. maybe add the bb rows and you're 100% set. But squats on top of that.. I don't know. I feel like you're trying to cram a 3 day split performed twice a week into 3 full body workouts. Just my 2 cents

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks solid.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I actually almost expected s/b/row for the main lifts from reading your other stuff.

3x row floats my boat! i could handle this volume.. (total not just rows lol)

It feels like a contender to take the icf5x5 spot for the "harder" novice routine.

I also love that you have an incline and vertical press in aswell as for shoulder health. Just flat seems to **** my shoulders up.

!onspread! May well give this a whirl this year.
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 01-09-2016 at 05:13 PM.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Originally Posted by Cecat7 View Post
    There is a reason most full body programs limit big lifts to 2x a week and alternate them every workout (like fierce 5). Once you get to the (relatively) heavier weights you're hammered after a workout.

I would NOT recommend your routine for beginners because it's too much volume and their form on the big lifts will start to suffer.. thus causing injuries.

Even for advanced lifters this might be challenging I think. Also, you're performing 7 exercises of which 4 (3 big lifts + one of the accessories like deadlift or OHP) are very heavy compound lifts... I'm wondering if form won't break down after 2-3 exercises and how much time you will be spending in the gym.

Another thing: add bench press to your back/chest "accessories" and you have a perfectly fine back/chest workout.. maybe add the bb rows and you're 100% set. But squats on top of that.. I don't know. I feel like you're trying to cram a 3 day split performed twice a week into 3 full body workouts. Just my 2 cents
    Yeah, I know the reason and it's called Stronglifts... everybody reads that routine and treats it like gospel, and if this was a 5x5 routine, then you might've had point. If you're doing the maximum amount of accessory sets, you're doing 22 sets at a moderate intensity level. Stronglifts has doing 15 heavy sets of 5 in one workout, 11 in the next one... not counting the accessory work.

And I have field tested the program before I decided to post it here. In the last 2 months or so, I've had 14 of my clients, 11 men and 3 women, do the program. 9 of them are in their late thirties to early forties with full time jobs and a bunch of kids, none have any problems recovering or making progress. The guys have been able to add about 50-60 pounds to their bench and row, and about 80-90 pounds to their squat. And the women have been able to add about half that to their lifts.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Also ICF has I think 26-29 sets each workout day and a lot of people recommend that program- not sure why since the author is bat**** insane, but that's a whole other issue.

If you were that concerned about recovery, you could start with the minimum on the accessories and that would be 18 sets.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cecat7 View Post

The way I see it is there is a lot of customization to the program. You don't have to do ALL the accessories that the program outlines, a beginner would be perfectly fine picking two out of the four or alternating them out every week. It's not like you will lose a whole lot because the main lifts should always be the focal point of your workout. It is a bit high volume ish but too me it really isn't much different than ICF in terms of the volume, but ICF has the main lifts 5x5 so ICF might be even more volume. Plus alot of beginners in general come on these forums making terrible bodybuilding type splits. This just brings in the best of both worlds and as Viking said, if you aren't enjoying a program most likely you aren't going to make as great of gains as you would on a program you would like.

I agree at a certain point that this workout would be difficult to maintain, there is a choice of whether you do 1 set of deadlifts, or 2 or 3 sets. If you are too tired you do 1 set. They are put on accessories for a reason in that the accessories have higher reps (so they shouldn't really tax your CNS that much) and that you shouldn't be going as hard on your accessories as your main lifts anyway. If you can great.

@ Viking

Nice little program here. I like the high frequency of Bench/Rows/Squats. I think beginners should be doing the main lifts at least 2x a week. Would be interested in seeing a write up of your U/L split and what you have to say about deloads.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

cycloneboof73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds optimal

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good stuff, thanks for sharing

Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    @ Viking

Nice little program here. I like the high frequency of Bench/Rows/Squats. I think beginners should be doing the main lifts at least 2x a week. Would be interested in seeing a write up of your U/L split and what you have to say about deloads.
    My Upper/Lower split is gonna wait a while, as I have two other variations of this program, that I'm currently working on. One, which is a bit more strength focused, and the other, which is a bit more tailored for the lifting ladies in our lives. Currently putting my sister-in-law through that.

Regarding deloads... I've never done them and I've never recommended them. If you feel like two day old stale horseshít, I'd recommend taking a week off instead, that's what I do. Usually every 10-12 weeks.

SCS1223 is a name known to all. (+5000) SCS1223 is a name known to all. (+5000) SCS1223 is a name known to all. (+5000) SCS1223 is a name known to all. (+5000) SCS1223 is a name known to all. (+5000) SCS1223 is a name known to all. (+5000) SCS1223 is a name known to all. (+5000) SCS1223 is a name known to all. (+5000) SCS1223 is a name known to all. (+5000) SCS1223 is a name known to all. (+5000) SCS1223 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Workout looks great. Repped.

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Also ICF has I think 26-29 sets each workout day and a lot of people recommend that program- not sure why since the author is bat**** insane, but that's a whole other issue.

If you were that concerned about recovery, you could start with the minimum on the accessories and that would be 18 sets.
    Ding, ding, ding, ding... give this girl a cookie... or a carrot... or a protein shake. 18-22 sets per workout is not that high volume.

maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do you do the main lifts in order and then do the accessoires or Bench Press and then incline dumbbell press?
    Never believe anything anyone tells you straight away. Your own experience makes you the best builder.

Originally Posted by maxroegiest View Post
    Do you do the main lifts in order and then do the accessoires or Bench Press and then incline dumbbell press?
    You do the main lifts first... that's why they're the main lifts.

tomasbeecham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomasbeecham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomasbeecham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomasbeecham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomasbeecham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomasbeecham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomasbeecham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomasbeecham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomasbeecham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomasbeecham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomasbeecham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks good, may give it a go soon!
    On ICF 5x5

Currently:
    BP: 75 kg S: 85kg D: 105 kg

Goals (for now):
    BP: 100kg S: 135kg D: 170kg

maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxroegiest is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You do the main lifts first... that's why they're the main lifts.
    Does the order matter? Or just Squats - Bench - Rows?
    Never believe anything anyone tells you straight away. Your own experience makes you the best builder.

Originally Posted by maxroegiest View Post
    Does the order matter? Or just Squats - Bench - Rows?
    The order of exercises is written in te way you should perform it... so it's Squat first followed by bench press then barbell row, then the accessory exercises. You just follow it from the top

The order of exercises is written in te way you should perform it... so it's Squat first followed by bench press then barbell row, then the accessory exercises. You just follow it from the top
    Thank you

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice combo of both full body and splits.

Lately for the past 5 weeks I've been doin a full body set up 5 days a week.

No issues with recover or addin weight
    OG

Aceofspades16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i quite like the sound of this

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not too shabby.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000) WrathfulOne is just really nice. (+1000)
    I might steal this idea and combine it with GSLP. Just did my first GS workout yesterday which was pretty much this (except instead of flat bench I only do DB bench now since I just recovered from bicep tendonitis caused by flat bench).

Hopefully I can fit squats, rows and DB bench into 1 hour though, since during the week I can only make it to the gym 2 days and for about 1hr each time before work. I will have to limit accessories to my weekend workout which is either Sat/Sun, which isn't ideal, but the alternative is going to gym after work which wipes out my whole evening.

Ridast91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I'm gonna on this program the day after tomorrow hopefully. From what I've understood it's gonna go like this:

Day 1
    Squats 4x6
    Bench 3x8
    Bent over barbell row 3x8

Incl. dumbbell press 3x8
    Pull ups 3x8
    Close grip cable row 3x8
    barbell shrugs 2x8 (I hate this exercise)

Day 2

Squats 4x6
    Bench 3x8

Deadlift 3x5 (I love this ****)
    Leg press 3x8
    Leg curls 3x8
    Abs exercise 3x10

Day 3

Squats 4x6
    Bench 3x8

Seated Dumbbell press 3x8
    Rear Lateral raises 2x10 (Hate this ****)
    Barbell curls 3x8
    Skull crushers 3x8

Can I just add weight every time i complete an exercise with the written amount of reps (for squat eg 6 reps) with good form or do I have to go up to 10 reps?
    Should I use one weight throughout an exercise? Like squat 4x6 with 120 kgs on all sets or could I ramp it up pyramid style? If so, can I do it on all the exercises or only the main lifts (and deadlift perhaps?)
    What do you recommend for rest time?
    Can I superset some of the exercises to save time, eg squat with bench press, bench press with bent over rows or leg press with leg curls

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I imagine viking would tell you to add weight or reps so long as you stay in the rep ranges.. I don't think he will be a fascist and make you always wait until the upper rep limit to add weight. Lol.

That doesn't seem to be his style!

A bit of experience with this type of autoregulation will have your cruising thru this adding weight or reps in the boundaries depending how it feels.. So long as you can be honest about your performance ;-)

Ding, ding, ding, ding... give this girl a cookie... or a carrot... or a protein shake. 18-22 sets per workout is not that high volume.
    Nor the intensity (%1rm) too high to be overly taxing to your nervous system, for either the main lifts, and especially not for the accessories in the 10~ range.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.