cnlish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What's happening to my glutes?!

A little background at first to better understand my body...

Genetically, I've always had a booty (since junior high), and I naturally collect fat around my glutes and thighs. My waist has always been very little (23" right now), and I collect very little fat the hips upward.

I've been lifting weights 5 days a week for the past 2 years almost, not incorporating cardio for the past 1.5 years (yes, I know, not good). I dedicate 3 days to lower body, 2 days to upper body.

Over the holidays, it appears I've lost noticeable weight off my butt (I've been told by more than 1 person), and I now notice it too (hips currently at 35").

Problem is, I haven't weighed myself in over a year, and haven't measured myself in about the same amount of time up until just now (for the purpose of this post), so I have nothing to go by other than appearance and how clothing fits.

I find it ironic that over the holidays, with the extra food and treats I'd consumed, that I would have lost mass off my glutes. I worked out 4 days a week over the holidays still, only cutting an upper body day out.

Am I just getting used to my same old routine? My 3 lower body days all have different exercises, but it is still the same week to week.

Someone please provide me with some insight on what could be happening to my body, I'm lost and confused!

(Sorry for the long post!)

FackItCarnal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FackItCarnal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FackItCarnal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FackItCarnal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FackItCarnal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FackItCarnal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FackItCarnal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FackItCarnal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FackItCarnal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FackItCarnal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FackItCarnal is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Bulk. Squat.
    Chiraquian crew...
    Always pick 5 crew...
    Kneedraggers crew...
    Dont give no facks for reps or negs crew...
    Im here for the gangbang crew...

I have a **** lower back so when I put a bar over my shoulders, I get a shooting pain down my right side and need to stop. So I don't squat with a bar.
    I do sumo squats (55-70 lb dumbbell) once a week. Maybe I should do more?

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cnlish View Post
    I have a **** lower back so when I put a bar over my shoulders, I get a shooting pain down my right side and need to stop. So I don't squat with a bar.
    I do sumo squats (55-70 lb dumbbell) once a week. Maybe I should do more?
    do you have herniated disc or something ? otherwise you are probably not maintaining tight core , anyway its not quite effective to hit any muscle one a week. would squat 2-3x a week , although squat helps with glutes, squat is not a glute exercise, i would try some form of deadlift, glute bridge, glute ham raise etc. also are you tracking calorie intake ? if you are just eating randomly you may lose and gain depending on your appetite. if you arent doing so , track your intake and eat consistently on surplus

<(^_^<) (>^_^)> <(^_^<) AfroMidnite's Avatar
    AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000) AfroMidnite is just really nice. (+1000)
    Definitely more! I squat three times a week... I think most beginner programs call for some variation of squatting every single workout. Try out all the variants to try and find one that agrees with your back. Maybe use a hex bar?

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Try this
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Thanks for the input everyone! I'll make sure to incorporate what each of you have suggested.

zeppp will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeppp will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeppp will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeppp will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeppp will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeppp will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeppp will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeppp will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeppp will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeppp will become famous soon enough. (+50) zeppp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    possibly you're leaning out? less fat = smaller butt

not sure how bad your diet was over the holidays, but I notice when I eat "****" like a lot of holiday food is I feel bloated and stuffed from much less food so that while I feel like I'm eating a lot the calories may not be consistent with that notion

Originally Posted by zeppp View Post
    possibly you're leaning out? less fat = smaller butt

not sure how bad your diet was over the holidays, but I notice when I eat "****" like a lot of holiday food is I feel bloated and stuffed from much less food so that while I feel like I'm eating a lot the calories may not be consistent with that notion
    Good point! That might have been the case.

Registered User Sunburntpenguin's Avatar
    Sunburntpenguin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunburntpenguin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunburntpenguin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunburntpenguin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunburntpenguin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunburntpenguin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunburntpenguin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunburntpenguin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunburntpenguin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunburntpenguin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sunburntpenguin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I agree with Zeppp. Chances are you're leaning out: losing fat from your ass whilst not being able to build muscle fast enough to offset it. With the worse diet over Christmas, it's possible that the nutrients you're taking in are poorer quality than pre-Christmas and so your muscles aren't building as quickly as they previously were. However, without knowing your diets to compare: it's all conjecture.

I wouldn't worry though, just get back on the diet/routine you were previously on.

Originally Posted by Sunburntpenguin View Post
    Yeah, I agree with Zeppp. Chances are you're leaning out: losing fat from your ass whilst not being able to build muscle fast enough to offset it. With the worse diet over Christmas, it's possible that the nutrients you're taking in are poorer quality than pre-Christmas and so your muscles aren't building as quickly as they previously were. However, without knowing your diets to compare: it's all conjecture.

I wouldn't worry though, just get back on the diet/routine you were previously on.
    Thanks for your input!
    I've switched up my routine and incorporated more glute exercises where I can lift heavyyy and now she's back and better than ever ;p.

Thanks again!

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    cnlish,

Learn the kettlebell swing and when you have the technique down pat, up the weight, so you get 5 reps with a powerful hip snap. Work up to sets of 10. The swing is the greatest bum/leg bicep exercise I've ever come across. They are best done BEFORE deadlifts.

RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RustedIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You are 28 now. Hormone levels are likely leveling (not raging estrogen machine like in high school) out so that you are not depositing fat as readily to the feminine areas. Combine that with the metabolism boosting effects of resistance training and it is likely you are just loosing body fat in general.