NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Inzer Lever vs. Inzer Single Prong

I'm in the process of doing research on buying one and I thought I was pretty set on getting the lever belt. The other day I got to talking with a guy at my gym who has a single prong. He kind of planted a seed of doubt in my mind about the lever belt telling me that there have been instances of the lever ones busting in the middle of squats being used. I figured instances like that happen during some heavy squats at weights which I'm currently nowhere near getting to. My question to you is, Should I have any reservations about the lever belt? Those of you that have used both, what are your opinions on either one?

beisner44 is just really nice. (+1000) beisner44 is just really nice. (+1000) beisner44 is just really nice. (+1000) beisner44 is just really nice. (+1000) beisner44 is just really nice. (+1000) beisner44 is just really nice. (+1000) beisner44 is just really nice. (+1000) beisner44 is just really nice. (+1000) beisner44 is just really nice. (+1000) beisner44 is just really nice. (+1000) beisner44 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've never had any problems with my lever belt. What you described could be the result of it not being fitted correctly or poor manufacturing (assuming it is a different company). If you were leaning towards the lever belt originally than I would 100% recommend it

run2jeepn is just really nice. (+1000) run2jeepn is just really nice. (+1000) run2jeepn is just really nice. (+1000) run2jeepn is just really nice. (+1000) run2jeepn is just really nice. (+1000) run2jeepn is just really nice. (+1000) run2jeepn is just really nice. (+1000) run2jeepn is just really nice. (+1000) run2jeepn is just really nice. (+1000) run2jeepn is just really nice. (+1000) run2jeepn is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd go with single prong. My last lever belt came from Andersons and the threads stripped on it the first time I went to adjust it.

I perfer a prong.. I don't like my belt as tight for my Deads as I do my Squats. With a Lever belt it's a pain to adjust the sizing.
    My Workout Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154567673&highlight=run2jeepn

Meet PR:480/320/520 = 1320 @179 State Record
    Gym PR:520/340/550 = 1410
    APA Federation

NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBigOC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by beisner44 View Post
    I've never had any problems with my lever belt. What you described could be the result of it not being fitted correctly or poor manufacturing (assuming it is a different company). If you were leaning towards the lever belt originally than I would 100% recommend it
    Well, I heard Layne Norton busted a couple of Inzer lever belts. But again, I heard it happened during some really heavy squats.

Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
    I'd go with single prong. My last lever belt came from Andersons and the threads stripped on it the first time I went to adjust it.

I perfer a prong.. I don't like my belt as tight for my Deads as I do my Squats. With a Lever belt it's a pain to adjust the sizing.
    In terms of tightness, I go with the same tightness on both squats and deads with my current two prong belt.

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have both, I prefer the lever however the single prong is good to have if your waist size fluctuates. On meet day or going for a PR I always use the lever.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Registered User borislavsabchev's Avatar
    borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd say try your friend's single prong and if you like it then buy single prong.
    Dip. ISSN, CISSN
    https://www.********.com/BorislavSabchev01/
    https://www.instagram.com/borislavsabchev

jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jacobcmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A lot of people prefer a single prong because they change the tightness when doing squats and deadlifts.

You need a coin or a little screwdriver to adjust the lever.
    Brosplit Crew
    Richstrong Crew
    "Lol half natty of piss." - Quadfecta

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have both.
    I like the lever belt for the easy on off.
    I have an older model that is eight years old and no problem with the buckle knobs breaking.
    I suspect but i don't know that Inzer may be getting lower quality buckles for a foreign country thats why hear of them break so often.I'd never heard of that happening up to a few years ago.
    You can buy a replacment buckle from "Lifting Large ".
    The single prong belt obviously wouldn't give you that issue.
    Im a lever guy but will sometimes change up.

NeverEnough89 is a name known to all. (+5000) NeverEnough89 is a name known to all. (+5000) NeverEnough89 is a name known to all. (+5000) NeverEnough89 is a name known to all. (+5000) NeverEnough89 is a name known to all. (+5000) NeverEnough89 is a name known to all. (+5000) NeverEnough89 is a name known to all. (+5000) NeverEnough89 is a name known to all. (+5000) NeverEnough89 is a name known to all. (+5000) NeverEnough89 is a name known to all. (+5000) NeverEnough89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Had an Inzer lever, sold it for 75$ and bought a long horn single prong. Haven't looked back. Single prong cause I change for squat and deadlift. Nice to remove the belt with the flip but still prefer my single prong.
    Meet lifts s/286 b/226 d/391 @175- Nov 2014
    Meet lifts s/430 b/308 d/496 @196 - Jul 2016
    Meet lifts s/451 b/337 d/540 @204 - Apr 2018

Training log http://tinyurl.com/ManletInASingletPt2
    IG:cody.wilson93kg poverty lifting footage

MichaelBack27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelBack27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelBack27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelBack27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelBack27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelBack27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelBack27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelBack27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelBack27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelBack27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelBack27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lever is nice to have for comp. However its not common but I know some people whose lever belts have busted.

I stick to single prong. Never had a single problem, Im never going to break a single prong.

Location: Misc City, BBington, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    I have both.
    I like the lever belt for the easy on off.
    I have an older model that is eight years old and no problem with the buckle knobs breaking.
    I suspect but i don't know that Inzer may be getting lower quality buckles for a foreign country thats why hear of them break so often.I'd never heard of that happening up to a few years ago.
    You can buy a replacment buckle from "Lifting Large ".
    The single prong belt obviously wouldn't give you that issue.
    Im a lever guy but will sometimes change up.
    I don't think there would be any difference now and then of the number of people whose levers have broke.

Its probably just because more people are on the internet = higher reporting sample size = more lever failures = everyone reporting it like its the norm.

OP,

I have had 2 lever belts and neither have snapped. But I don't lift as much as Layne, so probably don't cause as much pressure on the belt Etc. Personally I think you would be very unlucky if it did, just go with your preference.

Changing the lever takes less than a minute, so unless you either deadlift less than a minute after squats or don't know how to use a screw driver its not really a deal breaker imo.

I'm just a regular dude iron619's Avatar
    iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NewBigOC View Post
    I'm in the process of doing research on buying one and I thought I was pretty set on getting the lever belt. The other day I got to talking with a guy at my gym who has a single prong. He kind of planted a seed of doubt in my mind about the lever belt telling me that there have been instances of the lever ones busting in the middle of squats being used. I figured instances like that happen during some heavy squats at weights which I'm currently nowhere near getting to. My question to you is, Should I have any reservations about the lever belt? Those of you that have used both, what are your opinions on either one?
    Personally, I like the convenience of the lever belt - very fast to snap on and off. I have been using the same 13mm Inzer Forever Lever belt for about 8 years, in which I've done about a dozen or so meets. Though I'm not moving around a huge amount of weight, I have never had any issues with this belt. I also do not have to worry about adjusting for different degrees of tightness on squats and deadlifts -- I use the same for all lifts.
    USMC: 1999-2003; 2009-Current

USPA / USAPL

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/iron619

Strength Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=765147

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Had lever.

Got prong.
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

minipullbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minipullbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minipullbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minipullbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minipullbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minipullbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minipullbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minipullbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minipullbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minipullbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) minipullbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have both, in inzer. Lever is incredibly easy to use, looks/sounds cool, and sometimes that's important. However, if you gotta have just one belt, single prong is the way to go, it's more adjustable and wayy easier to adjust. What's bad about the lever is that if you're going to slap it on and lift, it's going to feel totally different if you're training on an empty stomach vs. right after thanksgiving dinner. I normally train around the same time every day, so it's fine for me, however, I've definitely had days where I should have had a good workout and mentally I don't feel great because the belt doesn't feel as good as it normally does. In addition, imo you can't use the same size belt for squat/bench/deadlift, as benching with an arch makes it difficult to press against a belt that's sized right for deadlifting.

I haven't personally heard issues of people messing up an *inzer* branded lever belt. Or with people having issues with going with a 10mm size. Again, I gotta stress that that's in inzer...a toro 10mm belt simply isn't as stiff leather as an inzer lever belt out of the box, for instance. 10mm, single prong inzer and you won't have problems for life.
    335/210/425 - Gym PR's @138

AHus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AHus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AHus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AHus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AHus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AHus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AHus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AHus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AHus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AHus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AHus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if ur weight doesn't fluctuate much and u prefer similar tightness on squats and deads, then go lever. otherwise strongly consider prong
    232 lbs
    Bench: 415
    Deadlift: 565
    Squat: 385

jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jesteraq has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Got rid of my lever and went double prong. Never looking back.
    560/425/750 - 1735@207