v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Explosive sprint exercise and heart's max rate

I remember reading an article(s) about max heart rate of a human being. It mentioned that we should never go beyond our heart's max rate. I think it's referring to the beats per minute. If you do, you are overstraining the heart and you'll most likely get heart problems eventually. My friend is an marathon extreme runner and he always posted about his run in ******** for 3 straight years. Last year, he was diagnosed with a heart problem. He stopped running now.

Here is a link where we will see the heart beats per minute range for specific age - http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Gettin...1_Article.jsp#

About me, I'm not a marathon runner since my endurance is bad. I do explosive sprints. When I learned about that heart's max rate(my doctor sister also told me about it), it really made me scared so I stopped doing it. However, I really don't know how much beats per minute my heart gets after a 20-30 explosive sprint since I don't have a heart monitor. I was thinking that my heart might be reaching 180-190 beats per minute but that's just my guess only.

What are your thoughts?
    ---<<< Sept 29, 2015 Update(s) >>>---
    Bench Press 3x215 lbs from 185 lbs
    Squats 5x225 lbs from 185 lbs
    Deadlift 5x275 lbs from 255 lbs
    Dips 8x80lbs

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by v1rt View Post
    I remember reading an article(s) about max heart rate of a human being. It mentioned that we should never go beyond our heart's max rate. I think it's referring to the beats per minute. If you do, you are overstraining the heart and you'll most likely get heart problems eventually. My friend is an marathon extreme runner and he always posted about his run in ******** for 3 straight years. Last year, he was diagnosed with a heart problem. He stopped running now.

Here is a link where we will see the heart beats per minute range for specific age - http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Gettin...1_Article.jsp#
    The American Heart Association

This propagated article is based on the Average American that's daily aerobic program is walking from their house to there car then from work to the car.

Any aerobic program that's more demanding than the scenario stated above MAY be stressful and even more so if they have pre-existing health conditions.

With that in mind, individuals who fall into the "Average American" need to start low and progressively increase the intensity of their training.

The progression to High Intensity Interval Training can produce heart rate level that are above the 100% level

There is NOTHING wrong with pushing your heart rate above the 100% level, providing there is no pre-existing health conditions.

High Intensity Interval Training

It can and will produce heart rate levels above 100% of your heart rate max.

This type of overload is "Weight Training" for your cardiovascular system.

This type of training lowers resting heart rate levels, increases your VO2 max, increases your Lactate Threshold (more endurance) and creates Excess Post Oxygen Consumption (increases your fat burning metabolism) for hours after your training session.

Your Running Friend

"Correlation does not imply causation!"

It UNLIKELY that running created your friends heart problem unless his training program was incredibly bad.

[quote]About me, I'm not a marathon runner since my endurance is bad. I do explosive sprints. When I learned about that heart's max rate(my doctor sister also told me about it), it really made me scared so I stopped doing it.[quote]

Medical Doctors

They specialize in disease treatment.

The majority of them have very little if any education in...

1) Exercise Physiology

2) Nutrition

3) Pharmacology

4) Physical Therapy

Your Sister

Evidently, she know less than her doctor and is echoing one sentence uttered by someone who does't have any real expertise in this area.

So, what you're getting is third hand information from a "Snap Shot" based on one sentence, at best.

Google

Do your own research, rather than being spoon fed "Snap Shot" information.

A "Snap Shot" never give you the whole story.

However, I really don't know how much beats per minute my heart gets after a 20-30 explosive sprint since I don't have a heart monitor. I was thinking that my heart might be reaching 180-190 beats per minute but that's just my guess only.
    Heart Rate Monitor

For about $80 or less you can solve your own problem with a Chest Strap Heart Rate Monitor, which is 98% accurate.

Not having a Heart Rate Monitor is like driving a car without a Speedometer. You are GUESSING, which is NEVER GOOD!

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) v1rt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks a lot! That was awesome!
    ---<<< Sept 29, 2015 Update(s) >>>---
    Bench Press 3x215 lbs from 185 lbs
    Squats 5x225 lbs from 185 lbs
    Deadlift 5x275 lbs from 255 lbs
    Dips 8x80lbs