Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Registered User turdburglar9021's Avatar
    turdburglar9021 is a name known to all. (+5000) turdburglar9021 is a name known to all. (+5000) turdburglar9021 is a name known to all. (+5000) turdburglar9021 is a name known to all. (+5000) turdburglar9021 is a name known to all. (+5000) turdburglar9021 is a name known to all. (+5000) turdburglar9021 is a name known to all. (+5000) turdburglar9021 is a name known to all. (+5000) turdburglar9021 is a name known to all. (+5000) turdburglar9021 is a name known to all. (+5000) turdburglar9021 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Many baby boomers are delusional; they don't understand how their generation was one of the most prosperous populations in the world, ever.

Moving out too early is one of the greatest mistakes an unestablished person can make. Almost as bad as having a baby with your 16 year old girlfriend or marrying the wrong person. You may survive, but it's a serious handicap against prosperity.

It's important to work hard, and do the best you can for YOU.

Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by inkie77 View Post
    I'd neg you for being a tit suking momma's boy but it wouldn't do any good
    I'm going to , you should if you want. Ok you're part of the problem you ginormous *******
    I know who I am. And after all these years, there’s a victory in that.

All liberals deserve death

*Proud member of the misc 767 & USA vs. Germany world cup ban
    -People who say money can't buy happiness, have never paid the adoption fee at the pound and went home with a new best friend
    *There's no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad dog owner

If you see myself and swoleyo in a thread, remind me to rep him.

CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CandyMane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SoutheastBeast1 View Post
    This type of thinking is a little misguided too

Imagine if everyone majored in fields you consider to not have sh*t jobs.

Misc is always big on STEM. Let's say EVERYONE went in these fields.

You don't think that would cause a problem, that supply wouldn't ridiculously exceed demand?

You have a naive view of how the world works if you think you would be safe and have a job with ease if everyone took the path of what you consider useful fields to major in

So really the fact that your in better shape actually has little to do with you, and is largely a product of your environment where others haven't saturated your field.

It used to be having a college degree separated you. This was the model and is what worked in the past. Those majors you consider useless today got jobs in the past when college degrees were more scarce.

So that's how the model was built. Unfortunately, as more went to college it saturated the field. The field wasn't always saturated, it became saturated. So maybe those majors weren't useless they just became saturated.

lets use an example to better illustrate. If I was to set out to become a doctor today, you would say great Southeastbeast what a useful career choice. But it takes time to complete becoming a doctor. As it just so turns out, everyone else today also set out to become a doctor. Their family and friends patted them all on the back and told them it was an awesome choice.

Fast forward 8 years later when we all exit Med school and there's only a fraction of us (a small fraction) receiving employment because we all chose to go the same way. Then we have posters like you telling us it was our own fault and we should have chosen something useful.

Was it really though? I agree to some extent it's on the individual and this is an extreme example, but it illustrates my point all the same.

There's a log jam effect that is obviously happening. Part of it is technology cutting out the number of people needed for things, part of it is people not retiring, and then yes, part of it is people selecting less in demand fields that have become particularly saturated with time. Not that they are worthless, just saturated and it's not always clear when you set out for something that it won't be available by the time you get there

Taking one side of the extreme and calling everyone lazy is no more helpful than the other side blaming everyone for why you're out of work or at a low tier job.

Anyone who doesn't see that is an imbecile and needs to shut the f*ck on the topic, and judging from this post, that includes you.

But you're an expert on this, so by all means, care to share your plan where everyone wins? Will gladly vote you in for president.

Also PhD checking in with a decent job before you try to call me out as one of those people who is wrong with America. So no bitterness here, I'm employed just fine. But I'm not an idiot pretending it's 100% o the individual either.

Check yourself mate. You're part of the problem too

Edit

Not sure how I missed this. No wonder, you hit the market in the ****ing 90s

Please tell me more about what you know about entering the job market when it wasn't booming.

Prick.
    this

Dorm 5 Original|First 9 CrewsBrah's Avatar
    CrewsBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrewsBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrewsBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrewsBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrewsBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrewsBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrewsBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrewsBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrewsBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrewsBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrewsBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WutangFlex732 View Post
    I just could never understand those types of adults that never heard the concept "Times have changed". With the way things are in society and the way the economy and job market is not to mention if the kid is going to college...also add the possibility of paying back student loans with a chitty job and being stuck at that chitty job cause the major you studied for either doesn't make a lot of money or there aren't any positions open for it. Not to mention the cost of renting an apartment let alone a house. Do you parents believe that every person should have a spouse, nice car, family and a job suitable for supporting a family as soon as they hit their early 20s? if you honestly expect life to be that perfect in 2015 you're a fckn idiot sorry not sorry.
    Graduated HS early and left home at 16 because dad told me if I wanted to stay at home, 200$/month and he wasn't paying for college since no money.
    Made high enough scores on SAT and during school that I went to college (private university) with 50% paid for via scholarships, the rest via student loans.
    Graduated in 3 years and got a job a week after graduation, started paying off loans.
    That was 8 years ago, loan is 90% done and I've never had a zomg not enough money for bills situation or anything close to that, I live better than most people my age.

You're an idiot, didn't read your chit thread just your first post but I can imgine you are the guy that spent 2 years as an undeclared major and were finally cut off so you took the easy route and got an arts degree (lol) and are now in tears because you cannot find a job that pays more than 45k a year. Negged.

I never struggled and worked during summers off college when I wasn't taking extra classes. If I do have children, they will not have their secondary education paid by me. If anything the fact of knowing I had no choice but to make it along with the urgency to take school seriously and finish or swim in a sea of debt all my life pushed me to where I am. I know plenty of guys that were handed everything including college paid for that either dropped out or squandered it in another fashion.
    ***Dallas MISC Crew***
    ***Drunk Trailer Park Supervisor Crew***
    ***MISC Computer Science Crew***
    ***Panty Fetish Crew***
    ***Yellow Fever Crew***
    ***medhead Is My 9/10 Crew | 8/19/2015 I miss you bby :( ***
    ***Angie Varona Crew***
    Chloë Grace Moretz Appreciation Crew • Board Member
    Wildcards [MC]
    ⚓S&P Crew⚓
    "Scared money make no money" - Cinnabon Chan. Never forget.

Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by baraka28 View Post
    Boomers:

Deplete all of the resources of most of the countries on the planet in a single generation, leaving absolutely nothing for future generations, pollute the planet to the point where some areas will become unable to support life and leave the clanup to future generations.

Support radical feminism and multiculturalism to the point where your sons and daughters will be unable to find wives and keep families, and your entire race may be in danger of extinction.

Export all of the industry and farming work overseas for short-term profit, destroying future generations’ chances of finding work and having a stable economy.

Destroy the educational and academic institutions in innumerable social and political experiments that cripple at least two generations.

Promote the kind of banking and economics that have put the most powerful country on Earth into the most debt ever seen in human history and cause massive economic recessions that affect the entire world.

Finally, create a social institution that redistributes wealth to your generation from your own children in outrageous retirement and pension funds designed to allow you to live in luxury and comfort while the world you have ruined melts down around you.

“Kids these days are lazy, they don’t want jobs and families, they just sit at home!”

Read that somewhere online, I find it quite accurate
    Lol'd seems about right.

I'm not saying it's impossible for us, there are opportunities if you look/work hard enough. But there's a lot fewer opportunities currently.

If you look at it for an individual, you can say this individual could make it if he did X, y, z.

But if you look at it as a whole, like our whole generation, there's limited opportunities to go around.

And those who seize those limited opportunities have to work harder and it takes longer to acquire them than previous generations.

Thus, even the ones who are doing well likely started their careers later in life and have more issues to deal with than baby boomers.

Then the ones who got beat out for those opportunities and left in the dust are who the baby boomers decide to call lazy because there's either nothing available and are stuck in bs part time type jobs, or you have to redirect to a new path/field for a different opportunity which again takes more substantial amounts of time to position yourself accordingly as you dig your hole deeper.

It's partly on the individuals choices and partly on the economy for our generations failures.

The situation created though, is 100% on the baby boomers.
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

jakesonyou69 is a name known to all. (+5000) jakesonyou69 is a name known to all. (+5000) jakesonyou69 is a name known to all. (+5000) jakesonyou69 is a name known to all. (+5000) jakesonyou69 is a name known to all. (+5000) jakesonyou69 is a name known to all. (+5000) jakesonyou69 is a name known to all. (+5000) jakesonyou69 is a name known to all. (+5000) jakesonyou69 is a name known to all. (+5000) jakesonyou69 is a name known to all. (+5000) jakesonyou69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A lot of you would be shocked at how successful you can be even without a college degree in 2015 if you would quit believing all the bs myths taught to us millenials in our formative years that getting jobs at McDonald's without one is difficult. College isn't necessary to be successful in every field by any means.

inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OneManArmy13 View Post
    Look through the thread, most of the people disagreeing fit into the baby boomer bracket.

Shows a sign of the times if you ask me.
    It's simply not smart at all to move out right after school if you plan on college on your own.

Won't work.
    no one posting is a baby boomer **** tard

Baby boomers are people born during the demographic post–World War II baby boom approximately between the years 1946 and 1964, giving an age range between 51 and 69 as of 2015

JoyOrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JoyOrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JoyOrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JoyOrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JoyOrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JoyOrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JoyOrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JoyOrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JoyOrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JoyOrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JoyOrder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    At least from the first page, people don't seem to be making the distinction between how ****ty the times are and how ****ty my generation is currently. We have a lot of problems, but to act like times are anything like "normal" is also ludicrous. The "Great Recession" as its called is one of the worst financial squeezes to ever happen, beating out the 73-75 recession and the early 80's recession in both length and severity. If you're not doing trades or engineering, you're basically screwed, while back in the day during booms anyone could get a job.

As for my generation…pretty hopeless.
    *Always Pick 4 Crew*
    *Stynieke is a ******* Crew*
    *Walk Close Behind A Group Of People And Pretend I'm In The Group Crew*
    *Get nervous whenever someone reads my crew crew*

RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000)
    Annoying when I get told it's not that hard to get a job when I don't have much experience and not many jobs are where I live. While they say this when they have been working in the some company for years...
    52 Books in 52 weeks - (12/52) 2016 Crew
    Italian Crew
    52 Books in 52 weeks - 2015 Crew (29/52) (two audiobook)
    Bulking

inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) inkie77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    why dont you go to India/Africa/Mexico go see how those people live, how they'd beg to be put in your position in America , I just dont understand the complaining, you have running water, food etc. Go out get two jobs work your butt off, go to night school; i have too much pride to not make it on my "own".

APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) APwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I bought a house and moved out at 19, but I was pretty lucky. My younger brothers and friends are all struggling, many of them living at home until their late 20s. Honestly dont blame them one bit.

Preparing for the fact that my kids will probably need to live with us until their 30s too.
    *CEO crew*
    *Married with kids crew*
    *Life starts at 29 crew*
    *Still misc crew*

Originally Posted by RobElite View Post
    Annoying when I get told it's not that hard to get a job when I don't have much experience and not many jobs are where I live. While they say this when they have been working in the some company for years...
    since 2001 i've had 8 different jobs

Beliedat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Beliedat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Beliedat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Beliedat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Beliedat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Beliedat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Beliedat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Beliedat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Beliedat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Beliedat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Beliedat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was out of the house when I was 18, never came back. Had a schit job during school, but saved for rent and was always poor. My parents were baby boomers.
    It's not hard, your life just kind of sucks at that time, if you put a premium on having money.
    /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\
    Broncos - Nuggets - Rockies - Avalanche

Troycel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troycel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troycel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troycel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troycel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troycel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troycel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troycel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troycel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troycel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troycel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lat

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, times haven't changed as much as you think. It was the same way when I was your age over 20 years ago. Jobs were not plentiful and nobody gave a fuk about us.

I moved out and went to college at 18. Couldn't afford to stay in after the second year. Parents weren't about to help. I joined the reserves to help me get through college. I lived in the ghetto on my own (srs) for 10 years after college even though I grew up in an upper middle class area. Parents didn't help and I didn't expect their help. Progressed from there and eventually did pretty well for myself.

I expect my kids to do the same, although I at least transferred my GI Bill benefits to them. So they should at least be able to get their associates for free. The rest is on them to figure out when the time comes.

Originally Posted by Beliedat View Post
    I was out of the house when I was 18, never came back. Had a schit job during school, but saved for rent and was always poor. My parents were baby boomers.
    It's not hard, your life just kind of sucks at that time, if you put a premium on having money.
    Similar here. I've gone through times of being broke so bad that I collected cans for change to put gas in my car. To having $40K cars and back again to being poor (dat divorce time). In a poor cycle at the moment but going to dig myself out in 2016.

edit: I'll also add that I too had college loan debt. I graduated from college in 1996. I literally just paid off my student loan this year. srs So suck it up 'kids' and figure out how to be an adult.
    Last edited by scullin; 12-23-2015 at 07:50 AM.

PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by baraka28 View Post
    Boomers:

Deplete all of the resources of most of the countries on the planet in a single generation, leaving absolutely nothing for future generations, pollute the planet to the point where some areas will become unable to support life and leave the clanup to future generations.

Support radical feminism and multiculturalism to the point where your sons and daughters will be unable to find wives and keep families, and your entire race may be in danger of extinction.

Export all of the industry and farming work overseas for short-term profit, destroying future generations’ chances of finding work and having a stable economy.

Destroy the educational and academic institutions in innumerable social and political experiments that cripple at least two generations.

Promote the kind of banking and economics that have put the most powerful country on Earth into the most debt ever seen in human history and cause massive economic recessions that affect the entire world.

Finally, create a social institution that redistributes wealth to your generation from your own children in outrageous retirement and pension funds designed to allow you to live in luxury and comfort while the world you have ruined melts down around you.

“Kids these days are lazy, they don’t want jobs and families, they just sit at home!”

Read that somewhere online, I find it quite accurate
    /thread
    Ohio State Crew
    Cavs
    Indians
    Browns
    DSM Crew

BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not sure how wanting to do nothing is 'lazy.' I know people that have never had families, have low-income, but are hard-working in other aspects of life. Not wanting a job does not make one lazy. Having a job blows, it is just something that we are forced to do because we were born as human beings.

Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Miked1978 View Post
    i supported myself while in college. Took me 8 years bc i had to work full time doing construction work during the day. You're just a little ******* who thinks they are entitled to college. Maybe if you got good grade while in high school your tuition wouldn't be so high. Maybe if you went to a JC the first 2 years your tuition wouldn't be too high.
    my college was nearly fukking free and theres NO WAY i could afford to move into a house and raise kids in my early 20's like many people's parents were 50 years ago

fukk outta here

LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The thread title alone seems indicative of the problem. Define "kids" in the context of the title. At what fukkin age can someone not be considered a coddled emotionally immature child?

Anyways....
    For the people in this thread who pursued a college degree and are unable to be financially independent thereafter, please answer this question: What turned you off from pursuing a trade? You complain about the luck/entitlement of the baby boomers & WW2 generation, but many of the adult men (and by "adult" I mean anyone 18 and up) pursued trades and subsequently were able to enter the work force with virtually no debt - thereby increasing their capability of supporting a family. Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs was on the Opie and Jim Radio Show recently, and he said that at the height of the recession, when many millennials were becoming boomerang children by failing to get a job with their liberal arts degree, there were 3 million unfilled trades jobs. And the pay is always good - my friend is a licensed welder and makes $70k (with no student loan debt) and will only make more as he progresses from apprentice to journeyman to master-licensed. Likewise, it doesn't matter how the economy is doing - plumbers and electricians have virtually recession-proof jobs.

So with all that said - when there's 20 and 21-year old machinists, mechanics, and pipefitters that have all of the work they could want (over-time equals $$$) and paying no student load debt while able to get a job in any city, do you feel any culpability in your decision to not pursue a similar path? Specifically, what was your reasoning for taking out student loans and entering saturated workforces when such an obvious and lucrative path was also an option?

Well hey, even though you're 22 and 23, you're just kids, right? People shouldn't be so hard on kids, and expect them to be independant after only being alive for more than 2 decades.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glow, glow, glow your boat

BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000)
    BRB baby boomers could earn around 10% on a damn savings account.

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RobElite View Post
    That's how it is and was when I was your age too 20 years ago. srs My advice is to move to where the jobs are. If there aren't any opportunities where you are, go somewhere else. I've done that many times and it's always lead to better things.

Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're what is wrong with America.

brb major in a chit field and wonder why you can't find a job
    brb need to have the best car
    brb need a new iphone every year
    brb need to go on vacation every year
    brb eat out all the time
    brb can't manage money
    brb feeling sorry for yourself
    brb not being a MAN
    brb telling mommy somebody is bullying me on the internet
    brb living with mom and dad
    brb "times of changed"
    brb google alpha
    brb blame somebody else
    Basically all of this lmao. OP already fuked up and set himself up for an average/chitty life and he's busy sitting at home feeling sorry for himself. "The times have changed, it's not my fault!" Just LMAO.

Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm 28:
    BRB - Worked at Target full-time while going to school full-time.
    BRB - lived with some buddies to make rent affordable and other bills.
    BRB - still able to save $$ cause was not a tard.
    BRB - graduated with a degree that landed me in a field that pays me well.
    BRB - paying back student loans and on dat grind time.

It's do able, not easy, but nothing worthwhile in life is easy.

Some of my friends:
    BRB - joined military after HS cause didn't know wtf to do.
    BRB - got out, went and had school paid for by GI bill.
    BRB - landed good jobs with their knowledge/degrees.
    BRB - same spot as me except with no college debt and interesting life stories and hardships bein in the military.

People who I know who complain either:
    1) Had mommy and daddy treat them like a manchild up until mid-20s and complain about having to work. PEOPLE WORK! GET OVER IT!
    2) Have had no drive ever and have an extensible array of excuses of why life is hard and why they aren't doing anything about it.
    BRB - blame government
    BRB - blame society
    BRB - blame parents
    BRB - blame everything and everyone except themselves.

Sure - you may have a point and it prolly is harder for us now, but are you either going to put your shoulder into life and grind away to get whats yours, or are you gunna just sit back, lay down and rot and bitch about your situation crying that life isn't fair?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." -Will Durant
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." - Marianne Williamson
    "The only guarantee in life is death, live a life worth dying for." - Me
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
    "It's not over UNTIL I WIN!" - John-leslie Brown (Son of Les Brown)

jro9999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jro9999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jro9999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jro9999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jro9999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jro9999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jro9999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jro9999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jro9999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jro9999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jro9999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Inb4 nobody from older generations looks at these

Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000) Bolz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Nelly87 View Post
    I'm 28:

Some of my friends:
    BRB - same spot as me except with no college debt and interesting life stories and hardships bein in the military.

1) Had mommy and daddy treat them like a manchild up until mid-20s and complain about having to work. PEOPLE WORK! GET OVER IT!
    2) Have had no drive ever and have an extensible array of excuses of why life is hard and why they aren't doing anything about it.
    BRB - blame government
    BRB - blame society
    BRB - blame parents

Sure - you may have a point and it prolly is harder for us now, but are you either going to put your shoulder into life and grind away to get whats yours, or are you gunna just sit back, lay down and rot and bitch about your situation crying that life isn't fair?
    Dude you're 28. The times have changed didn't you hear? It's not like when we were 21 year old kids.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

brb eat out all the time
    brb can't manage money
    brb not being a MAN
    brb "times of changed"
    brb google alpha
    brb blame somebody else
    Kind of agree

I'm 24

I paid my tuition fee, my rent, my food...everything on my own. Parents help me a bit, but paid for less than 20% of these 5 years. Did a bachelor degree and a master.
    Finished university with 0 debt.
    Now living with my GF in our appartment. We are saving up for a house.
    I got hired before I finished my master.

I dont know what you're complaining about OP. My friends are all in a similar position, I'm not especially lucky.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

Originally Posted by Nelly87 View Post
    I'm 28:

Some of my friends:

BRB - blame government
    BRB - blame society
    BRB - blame parents

Again, no one REALLY wants to have a job, it is something that we are forced to do simply because we exist on this planet, and have to rely on money or we do not get to enjoy many things in life. Having a job absolutely sucks, and my whole schedule is planned around my job, which is completely backwards. I understand your argument, but you must either love your job so much that you would do it for free, or just don't see the bigger picture. Some people enjoy their free time more than working, and there is nothing wrong with that.

bryan324 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bryan324 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bryan324 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bryan324 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bryan324 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bryan324 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bryan324 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bryan324 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bryan324 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bryan324 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bryan324 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

brb eat out all the time
    brb can't manage money
    brb not being a MAN
    brb "times of changed"
    brb google alpha
    brb blame somebody else
    So much this. I was raised by a blue collar single father who taught me the important lesson of making sure I have what I need, then working harder to get what I want. I started working for him doing manual labor at 14 (he does custom flooring) and haven't been unemployed since. I was out at 18 and now do very well for myself as a project manager at an award winning architectural firm 10 years later. Kids these days are spoiled, coddled, and given merit when it isn't deserved. We're an entitled generation, and I hate being a part of it.
    Heat/Fins/Canes
    Howard Stern crew
    Misc Architecture Brah
    ⌨Miscing While Working Crew⌨
    Always pick 6 when available crew

Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bolz View Post
    Dude you're 28. The times have changed didn't you hear? It's not like when we were 21 year old kids.
    Ugh - my bad bro. You're right. It's not like we've had the same president the past 8 years or anything like that....

We late 20s bros are so vastly different than the early 20s, we should check our privileges.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." -Will Durant
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." - Marianne Williamson
    "The only guarantee in life is death, live a life worth dying for." - Me
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
    "It's not over UNTIL I WIN!" - John-leslie Brown (Son of Les Brown)

RougeProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) RougeProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) RougeProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) RougeProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) RougeProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) RougeProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) RougeProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) RougeProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) RougeProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) RougeProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50) RougeProdigy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Old people itt say we should get a job and support ourselves. Well I can't because there are no jobs available. The 1960's wasnt all fun and games either.

The 1990's was probably the best decade to leave college. You are in a economy with lots of opportunity, and will already have a stable career after bush fuks it up.

Edit: By old I mean 45+, not some schmuck who graduated in 08.